'The War Is Not Over'

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Full Story
courteous Europhobe

Bangor, ME

#281357 Jul 6, 2012
on Iranian democracy

Minister warns conspirators against any plot

Tehran, July 6, IRNA – Minister of Information, Hojjatoleslam Heidar Moslehi, says the conspirators and anti-revolutionaries would not be allowed to repeat the 2009 plot.

Delivering pre-sermon lecture in this week Friday prayers congregation at Tehran University campus, Hojjatoleslam Moslehi said his ministry has a close watch on all the trends and wings, ready to confront them.

He said his personnel have gained many success both inside and outside the country.

“In cyber space we have been successful to the extent that (the US President) Barack Obama acknowledged three times in his claims that they (Americans) have been defeated and gained no result in the cyber space.”

http://www.irna.ir/News/Politic/Minister-warn...
courteous Europhobe

Bangor, ME

#281358 Jul 6, 2012
told you those euros were scary

Iran blames France, Germany intelligence for killing nuclear scientist

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...
frank

Oakland, CA

#281359 Jul 6, 2012
courteous Europhobe wrote:
<quoted text> I knew you'd love that post...
Why do you suppose the words chosen as ratified by the states and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson were the words
",the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”?
The right of the >PEOPLE< instead of
>>> the right of the well regulated militia <<<
to keep and bear arms?
Anyway why didn't the blessed federal gun laws solve the problem?
Why do you suppose you refuse to answer the 'content' of my post?
allah-original terrorist

Chicago, IL

#281360 Jul 6, 2012
MUQ wrote:
News you will not see or hear on CNN and FOX News
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
What You Need to Succeed is Sincerity, And If You Can Fake Sincerity You've Got It Made.(Old Hollywood axiom)
By William Blum (Contd.)
The questions concerning immigration into the United States from south of the border go on year after year, with the same issues argued back and forth: What's the best way to block the flow into the country? How shall we punish those caught here illegally? Should we separate families, which happens when parents are deported but their American-born children remain? Should the police and various other institutions have the right to ask for proof of legal residence from anyone they suspect of being here illegally? Should we punish employers who hire illegal immigrants? Should we grant amnesty to at least some of the immigrants already here for years?... on and on, round and round it goes, for decades. Every once in a while someone opposed to immigration will make it a point to declare that the United States does not have any moral obligation to take in these Latino immigrants.
But the counter-argument to the last is almost never mentioned: Yes, the United States does have a moral obligation because so many of the immigrants are escaping situations in their homelands made hopeless by American interventions and policy. In Guatemala and Nicaragua Washington overthrew progressive governments which were sincerely committed to fighting poverty. In El Salvador the US played a major role in suppressing a movement striving to install such a government, and to a lesser extent played such a role in Honduras. And in Mexico, although Washington has not intervened militarily in Mexico since 1919, over the years the US has been providing training, arms, and surveillance technology to Mexico's police and armed forces to better their ability to suppress their own people's aspirations, as in Chiapas, and this has added to the influx of the impoverished to the United States. Moreover, Washington's North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), has brought a flood of cheap, subsidized US agricultural products into Mexico and driven many Mexican farmers off the land.
The end result of all these policies has been an army of migrants heading north in search of a better life. It's not that these people prefer to live in the United States. They'd much rather remain with their families and friends, be able to speak their native language at all times, and avoid the hardships imposed on them by American police and right-wingers.
Counterpunch
Several readers have asked me why Counterpunch, one of the most important progressive websites, no longer runs this report. It's been going on for about six months. Awhile ago I wrote to the two gentlemen who run the site, asking what happened. Neither one answered. It's a big mystery, particularly since I seemed to be on very friendly terms with them. Any reader who shares my concern can feel free to contact the editors; perhaps you'll have more luck than I did. counterpunch@counterpunch.org
Notes
1. Washington Post, March 5, 1987
2. Associated Press, December 12, 2006
3. President Ahmadinejad Delivers Remarks at Columbia University, Transcript, Washington Post, September 24, 2007
4. Remarks by the President at AIPAC Policy Conference, White House Office of the Press Secretary, March 4, 2012
5. Washington Post, March 3, 2008
6. The Pentagon v. Peak Oil, TomDispatch.com , June 14, 2007
7. Los Angeles Times, June 18, 1990

William Blum is the author of:
Killing Hope: US Military and CIA Interventions Since World War 2
Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower
West-Bloc Dissident: A Cold War Memoir
Freeing the World to Death: Essays on the American Empire
Portions of the books can be read, and signed copies purchased, at www.killinghope.org
every single muslim inferior deserves every American or European bullet and or bomb .
frank

Oakland, CA

#281362 Jul 6, 2012
<quoted text> I knew you'd love that post...
Why do you suppose the words chosen as ratified by the states and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson were the words
",the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”?
The right of the >PEOPLE< instead of
>>> the right of the well regulated militia <<<
to keep and bear arms?
Anyway why didn't the blessed federal gun laws solve the problem?
Oh there is more, Obama not only approved the ultra-leftist-radical-backdoor plot, he personally purchased the guns in Arizona and had his wife and his children deliver them to a Mexican drug cartel complete with photographs of every border patrol agent! And the ultra-leftist-radical-backdoor plot lame-stream Media knows it and is helping him cover it up! He can’t fool us, we are on the his ultra-leftist-radical-backdoor plot and we will seek and resort to 2nd amendment remedies!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#281363 Jul 6, 2012
CE wrote:
Hi Muq

The 4th

is independence day.

Here in the peaceful US...invaded only a few times in the last century and a half.

1941 and 2001

Now what was this vow you mentioned, was it with Japan?
Ans.

I could decode that happy 4th means July 4th the Independence day for USA.

What I did not like was your "belief" that happy 4th in "Universally recognized" as Independent day of USA.

You said "peaceful" USA? USA has been in war since the day it was formed and even before it was formed!!

It has fought more wars than any other nation on the face of earth, with such a short history!!

I would post the list of wars in which USA was involved in its short history.

In USA war is a business and there are strong people who control this business and no business man likes that he go out of business, so they always keep US involved in one war or the other.

They make War for Peace!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#281364 Jul 6, 2012
Dave wrote:
There is and always has been political instability throughout the Latin world. Not only in the Americas, but in Spain and Italy as well. You would need to be a card carrying “Blame America First” member to fault the US for the many revolutions, the corruption, the poverty, the political instability and extremisms of Latin politics.

If the US never existed, it would make little difference to the lives of the millions living below the Rio Grande. The fact that the US does exist and has been used as an illegal dumping ground for much of Latin America’s poor has reduced the pressure on many of those countries to fix their social ills.

We have fought two wars with Canada yet we now share the longest demilitarized border in the world. We have worked as closely with Canada as any country in the world, yet they don’t have the same problems as Mexico or the rest of Latin America. Maybe the US isn’t at fault.
Ans.

USA might be or might not be responsible for problems of every nation in the world.

But the way they get themselves involved in EVERY problem of the world and force their opinions on others, shows as if they own the whole world.

They place themselves and their opinions above the opinions of all others and try to get it implemented one way or the other.

US and Canada have good relations lo long as Canada "toe the line of USA"…. The moment they try to act independent of USA, they would soon find that they have a strong enemy on their northern borders.

That is why Canada and USA is like Mary and her little lamb, where Mary Goes the Lamb will follow.

So is the ties between USA and Canada, where USA goes, Canada will follow and not the other way round!!

USA will not change its policies because of Canada, it is Canada which should come in line with USA or else……?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#281365 Jul 7, 2012

Real Politics Must be in the Streets:
The Constitutional Crimes of Barack Obama

By Dave Lindorff

May 01, 2012 "Information Clearing House" -- As we slog towards another vapid, largely meaningless exercise in pretend democracy with the selection of a new president and Congress this November, it is time to make it clear that the current president, elected four years ago by so many people with such inflated expectations four years ago (myself included, as I had hoped, vainly it turned out, that those who elected him would then press him to act in progressive ways), is not only a betrayer of those hopes, but is a serial violator of his oath of office. He is, in truth, a war criminal easily the equal of his predecessor, George W. Bush, and perhaps even of Bush’s regent, former Vice President Dick Cheney.

Let me count the ways:

1. For starters, in vowing to “preserve, protect and defend the US Constitution of the United States,” President Obama, upon taking office, had a sacred obligation to prosecute the people who had gravely wounded that document prior to his assuming office. It was clear, as I wrote in my book The Case for Impeachment: The Legal Argument for Removing President George W. Bush from Office (St. Martin’s Press, 2006), that Bush and Cheney had ordered and condoned and covered up torture of captives in their so-called “War” on Terror, as well as in the very real wars against Iraq and Afghanistan, committing grievous war crimes that are not only violations of international law, but of the US Criminal Code, given that the US is a leading author and signatory of the Geneva Accords).

They also were war criminals of the first degree for orchestrating, through lies to both the UN Security Council and the US Congress and the American people, about the alleged threat and imminence of any threat by Iraq to the US or its allies. President Obama, under the UN Charter and under US law, as the president, commander in chief and top law officer in the nation, was bound to investigate and prosecute those crimes. Instead, he ordered that there would be no prosecutions.

2. A federal court also ruled that President Bush had committed a felony in using the National Security Agency and several complicit telecommunications companies to spy on massive numbers of Americans with no warrants. Again, instead of prosecuting the president once he replaced him, President Obama said there would be no prosecution, and he went on to expand that spying program exponentially, effectively shredding beyond recognition the Fourth Amendment against unreasonable searches and seizures, which had been a leading rallying issue for the revolutionists of 1776.

3. President Obama, on his own initiative, has moved beyond the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, launching illegal wars against Libya, Yemen and Pakistan, largely through the use of American military aircraft, cruise missiles and especially pilotless drones.
In addition to being illegal acts of war against nations that pose no imminent threat to the US, these clear acts of war have caused vastly disproportionate civilian deaths -- reportedly as many as 40 civilians, including many children, are being killed by drone strikes inside Pakistan for each of the supposed targeted “terrorists.” Jist the disproportionality of such "collateral damage" is a heinous war crime, even leaving aside the illegality of such strikes being conducted by the US within the border of a sovereign nation not at war with the US.

(Contd.)

Reinhard Gelhen

Ishpeming, MI

#281366 Jul 8, 2012
courteous europhobe wrote:
Every American owes a debt of thanks to our forefathers who had the courage to secure liberty through the force of arms and then saw fit to enshrine the right to arms in our Constitution, thus securing liberty by forcing government to look over its shoulder at an armed populace.
Guns were definitely part of the celebration in the Founders’ time. Since it’s unwise to fire into the air, as they did on the first news of the Declaration, we encourage taking the celebration to the nearest range or safe shooting area. We also encourage shooters to take the opportunity to introduce friends, family and coworkers to the fun and excitement of safe and responsible target shooting.
And you need a terroist org such as the NRA to speak for you while they take your money and defend drug cartels. give me a f--king break.
Reinhard Gelhen

Ishpeming, MI

#281367 Jul 8, 2012
The more illegals coming north with drugs,guns and murderous actions the better it all is for the wallet of the NRA. Believing the NRA is like believing Pat Robertson!

“Never run from a fight.”

Since: Dec 06

Vista, Ca.

#281368 Jul 8, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
USA might be or might not be responsible for problems of every nation in the world.
But the way they get themselves involved in EVERY problem of the world and force their opinions on others, shows as if they own the whole world.
They place themselves and their opinions above the opinions of all others and try to get it implemented one way or the other.
US and Canada have good relations lo long as Canada "toe the line of USA"…. The moment they try to act independent of USA, they would soon find that they have a strong enemy on their northern borders.
That is why Canada and USA is like Mary and her little lamb, where Mary Goes the Lamb will follow.
So is the ties between USA and Canada, where USA goes, Canada will follow and not the other way round!!
USA will not change its policies because of Canada, it is Canada which should come in line with USA or else……?
The politics of Canada are closer to those of Northern European countries and Britain reasonably has a far greater influence on Canada than the US has. The politics of Mexico and the rest of Latin America follow closer to the political framework of Spain and Italy than those of the US. I don’t believe there is such a thing as “Latin Blood”, but they are certainly more passionate (and violent) about their politics and far less willing to compromise on an issue thus they are less stable.

I have been to Europe, Asia, Central America, and South America (and although everywhere I have been, people are essentially the same) in the US we dream bigger dreams. When a European opens a sandwich shop, he hopes someday for it to be a restaurant. When an American opens a sandwich shop he hopes someday to surpass McDonalds.

The US is the number 1 economy in the world.
http://money.cnn.com/news/economy/world_econo...
The US is the number 1 military in the world
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
and we are the largest “Full Democracy” in the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

That is not bragging, those are just the facts.

The US is the 500 pound gorilla in the room so even if it is not our intention; we do influence events around the world. When something happens anywhere in the world, someone will ask the President “what do you intend to do about it” and for political reasons he better have an answer. That simple question has gotten us involved in far more situations than we ever intended. Too bad we have freedom of the press, because otherwise we could ban that question from being asked and thus prevent much of our unintended involvement.

Vista, Ca.

#281369 Jul 8, 2012
MUQ wrote:
By Dave Lindorff
May 01, 2012 "Information Clearing House" -- As we slog towards another vapid, largely meaningless exercise in pretend democracy with the selection of a new president and Congress this November, it is time to make it clear that the current president, elected four years ago by so many people with such inflated expectations four years ago (myself included, as I had hoped, vainly it turned out, that those who elected him would then press him to act in progressive ways), is not only a betrayer of those hopes, but is a serial violator of his oath of office. He is, in truth, a war criminal easily the equal of his predecessor, George W. Bush, and perhaps even of Bush’s regent, former Vice President Dick Cheney.
Let me count the ways:
1. For starters, in vowing to “preserve, protect and defend the US Constitution of the United States,” President Obama, upon taking office, had a sacred obligation to prosecute the people who had gravely wounded that document prior to his assuming office. It was clear, as I wrote in my book The Case for Impeachment: The Legal Argument for Removing President George W. Bush from Office (St. Martin’s Press, 2006), that Bush and Cheney had ordered and condoned and covered up torture of captives in their so-called “War” on Terror, as well as in the very real wars against Iraq and Afghanistan, committing grievous war crimes that are not only violations of international law, but of the US Criminal Code, given that the US is a leading author and signatory of the Geneva Accords).
2. A federal court also ruled that President Bush had committed a felony in using the National Security Agency and several complicit telecommunications companies to spy on massive numbers of Americans with no warrants. Again, instead of prosecuting the president once he replaced him, President Obama said there would be no prosecution, and he went on to expand that spying program exponentially, effectively shredding beyond recognition the Fourth Amendment against unreasonable searches and seizures, which had been a leading rallying issue for the revolutionists of 1776.
3. President Obama, on his own initiative, has moved beyond the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, launching illegal wars against Libya, Yemen and Pakistan, largely through the use of American military aircraft, cruise missiles and especially pilotless drones.
In addition to being illegal acts of war against nations that pose no imminent threat to the US, these clear acts of war have caused vastly disproportionate civilian deaths -- reportedly as many as 40 civilians, including many children, are being killed by drone strikes inside Pakistan for each of the supposed targeted “terrorists.” Jist the disproportionality of such "collateral damage" is a heinous war crime, even leaving aside the illegality of such strikes being conducted by the US within the border of a sovereign nation not at war with the US.
(Contd.)
Living with the other parties candidate in office is a Hell we call democracy. Many extremist don’t believe the cornerstones of democracy—compromise and consensus. In the term of EVERY President there have been those who have called for them to be impeached and hung. Most Americans understand Bush’s actions the same as they understood Lincoln’s, Wilson’s, and Roosevelt’s actions.
The only reason we are in Afghanistan is because the Taliban aligned themselves with our enemy al Qaeda so we aligned ourselves with their enemy the Northern Alliance.
My question is why is Pakistan harboring terrorist and the Taliban? Where was Osama found? Why is Pakistan allowing the Afghan Taliban to use its territory as a sanctuary?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#281370 Jul 8, 2012

By Dave Lindorff

4. The president and his surrogates, including Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, have committed one of the gravest of crimes in the world, a Crime Against Peace under the UN Charter (which as a signed and Senate-ratified treaty is the law of the land under our Constitution), by threatening a war of aggression against the nation of Iran. Under the Charter’s terms, it is the number one war crime to attack a nation that does not pose an imminent threat to the attacker, and a nearly equally grievous crime to threaten such a crime, as the president and his secretary of state have done on multiple occasions, warning Iran that “all options are on the table” should Iran not halt its (totally legal) nuclear fuel enrichment program.

Beyond just words, the President as Commander in Chief has moved several fully armed, Tomahawk Cruise-missile-equipped aircraft battle groups to positions off the coast of Iran, sent squadrons of new F22 stealth fighter bombers to airfields directly across the Persian Gulf from Iran, and positioned troops and missile-equipped submarines in invasion-ready locations, as well as providing specialized bombs and refueling aerial tankers to Israel, which itself is preparing for an attack on Iran.

Yet even the most hawkish Israeli and US military and intelligence experts concede that Iran is years away from having an operational nuclear weapon even if it were to begin a bomb-development program, which there is no evidence of at present. Obama has already ordered an ongoing campaign of terrorist attacks and bombings inside of Iran, which has led to the deaths of many Iranians, including civilians.

5. President George W. Bush committed an impeachable crime when he had Jose Padilla, an American citizen born in New York, arrested, held without charge on a military base in South Carolina a for years and tortured mercilessly to the point of madness, before he was finally ordered released to a civilian prison where he faced trial in a civilian court. But President Obama has moved well beyond that travesty by issuing, in April 2010, and then acting on an Executive Order that he claims allows him, on his sole authority, to declare American citizens to be “terrorists” and to have them killed anywhere in the world. Under this clearly unconstitutional order, there is no trial, no judicial ruling. Just an execution order.

At least two citizens have been killed in this way, including the wholly innocent young son of an American-born target, Anwar al-Awlaki, killed by a Predator drone in Yemen. President Obama has also, short of killing them, signed an order authorizing the arrest and secret detention indefinitely of American citizens, again on his own authority, without trial or legal recourse.

6. He has also continued to claim the right to rendition and to torture captives that he on his own authority declares to be terrorists.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#281371 Jul 8, 2012
Dave C wrote:
The politics of Canada are closer to those of Northern European countries and Britain reasonably has a far greater influence on Canada than the US has...

The US is the number 1 economy in the world.
http://money.cnn.com/news/economy/world_econo ...
The US is the number 1 military in the world
http://www.globalfirepower.com/
and we are the largest “Full Democracy” in the world
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index

That is not bragging, those are just the facts.

The US is the 500 pound gorilla in the room so even if it is not our intention; we do influence events around the world. When something happens anywhere in the world, someone will ask the President “what do you intend to do about it” and for political reasons he better have an answer. That simple question has gotten us involved in far more situations than we ever intended...

Living with the other parties candidate in office is a Hell we call democracy. Many extremist don’t believe the cornerstones of democracy—compromise and consensus. In the term of EVERY President there have been those who have called for them to be impeached and hung.

Most Americans understand Bush’s actions the same as they understood Lincoln’s, Wilson’s, and Roosevelt’s actions.

The only reason we are in Afghanistan is because the Taliban aligned themselves with our enemy al Qaeda so we aligned ourselves with their enemy the Northern Alliance.

My question is why is Pakistan harboring terrorist and the Taliban? Where was Osama found? Why is Pakistan allowing the Afghan Taliban to use its territory as a sanctuary?
Ans.

Thanks for update on US and its politics. Your post is nothing but an apology to justify US meddling everywhere.

If US gets involved everywhere, because someone asks US President what he is going to do about it. The Best answer could be “We do not interfere into the affairs of other Nations, let UN handle it”

What else was the purpose of UNO? But Superpowers have made it like their domestic servant, only serving their needs and browbeating smaller nations.

The policy which is most costly and would ultimately lead to the decline and destruction of USA and its influence in the world is their “Un Breakable vow” to ensure safety and security of Israel. This is what has made US as enemy # 1 for entire Muslim nation and many more countries of the world..

It is high time US people should think about this issue rationally and without bias. Whose interests are served by this unflinching US Policy, US ‘s or Israel’s?

If Democracy is governing according to the voice of people, then let me say US is not a democracy at all. It has become virtual slave in the hands of Lobby Groups and a very small group (Jews and Zionists) which control most of its media and finances (if you want proof , I can give that).

You say US got in Afghanistan because Taliban gave shelter to Al Qaida, let be ask, Why GWB the Great invaded Iraq in 2003? It had not given shelter to Al Qaida?

And why Al Qaida is enemy of US? Has anyone analyzed that? It would come back the US s one sided support of Israel.

When someone would write history on the rise and fall of USA (may be after a few centuries), he will say that USA was greatest nation of the world, God gifted it with lots of land mass and natural gifts and a population that was hardworking, intelligent and having entrepreneurship….. it did many things to better the living condition of the people of world.

However most of it good work was undone by their “One Sided support to Jewish and Zionist cause” and that led to its decline of the moral leadership of the world and its demise.

This post will answer to many questions you asked from me.
courteous Europhobe

Bangor, ME

#281372 Jul 9, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh there is more, Obama not only approved the ultra-leftist-radical-backdoor plot, he personally purchased the guns in Arizona and had his wife and his children deliver them to a Mexican drug cartel complete with photographs of every border patrol agent! And the ultra-leftist-radical-backdoor plot lame-stream Media knows it and is helping him cover it up! He can’t fool us, we are on the his ultra-leftist-radical-backdoor plot and we will seek and resort to 2nd amendment remedies!
He he...i just knew it...

He seems the type you know.

You know why I know this??

Because he's keeping the 911 conspiracy,,,well,, a conspiracy. Willing to fight a war just to do so.
Now don't mention this to
Rider she'll have another bad spell.

P.S.
Btw are you still a regular at the gun range? Doesn't it seem just another great way top spend Independence day!!
courteous Europhobe

Bangor, ME

#281373 Jul 9, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
I could decode that happy 4th means July 4th the Independence day for USA.
What I did not like was your "belief" that happy 4th in "Universally recognized" as Independent day of USA.
You said "peaceful" USA? USA has been in war since the day it was formed and even before it was formed!!
It has fought more wars than any other nation on the face of earth, with such a short history!!
I would post the list of wars in which USA was involved in its short history.
In USA war is a business and there are strong people who control this business and no business man likes that he go out of business, so they always keep US involved in one war or the other.
They make War for Peace!!
Muq ..I was wishing you a happy 4th. I hope one day you will have one.

You cannot deny the tranquility of life here in the USA, can you? Must be why so many flock here.

----------
India has long been a major purchaser of weapons. Now it is the biggest in the world,"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/19/a...
courteous Europhobe

Bangor, ME

#281374 Jul 9, 2012
Reinhard Gelhen wrote:
<quoted text> And you need a terroist org such as the NRA to speak for you while they take your money and defend drug cartels. give me a f--king break.
No I don't Maam, but I sure like tweaking with em.

Now, have you spent some quality time at the range, like Franki has/does?
frank

Oakland, CA

#281375 Jul 9, 2012
<quoted text>He he...i just knew it...
He seems the type you know.
You know why I know this??
Because he's keeping the 911 conspiracy,,,well,, a conspiracy. Willing to fight a war just to do so.
Now don't mention this to
Rider she'll have another bad spell.
P.S.
Btw are you still a regular at the gun range? Doesn't it seem just another great way top spend Independence day!!
Absolutely -- love it :-)
I just had an eye operation to improve my vision, I'm back to hitting the bullseye!

Vista, Ca.

#281376 Jul 9, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Thanks for update on US and its politics. Your post is nothing but an apology to justify US meddling everywhere.
If US gets involved everywhere, because someone asks US President what he is going to do about it. The Best answer could be “We do not interfere into the affairs of other Nations, let UN handle it”
What else was the purpose of UNO? But Superpowers have made it like their domestic servant, only serving their needs and browbeating smaller nations.
The policy which is most costly and would ultimately lead to the decline and destruction of USA and its influence in the world is their “Un Breakable vow” to ensure safety and security of Israel. This is what has made US as enemy # 1 for entire Muslim nation and many more countries of the world..
It is high time US people should think about this issue rationally and without bias. Whose interests are served by this unflinching US Policy, US ‘s or Israel’s?
If Democracy is governing according to the voice of people, then let me say US is not a democracy at all. It has become virtual slave in the hands of Lobby Groups and a very small group (Jews and Zionists) which control most of its media and finances (if you want proof , I can give that).
You say US got in Afghanistan because Taliban gave shelter to Al Qaida, let be ask, Why GWB the Great invaded Iraq in 2003? It had not given shelter to Al Qaida?
And why Al Qaida is enemy of US? Has anyone analyzed that? It would come back the US s one sided support of Israel.
When someone would write history on the rise and fall of USA (may be after a few centuries), he will say that USA was greatest nation of the world, God gifted it with lots of land mass and natural gifts and a population that was hardworking, intelligent and having entrepreneurship….. it did many things to better the living condition of the people of world.
However most of it good work was undone by their “One Sided support to Jewish and Zionist cause” and that led to its decline of the moral leadership of the world and its demise.
We invaded Iraq in 2003 because Saddam never fulfill UN Resolution 687
8. Decides that Iraq shall unconditionally accept the destruction, removal, or rendering harmless, under international supervision, of:
(a) All chemical and biological weapons and all stocks of agents and all related subsystems and components and all research, development, support and manufacturing facilities;
(b) All ballistic missiles with a range greater than 150 kilometres and related major parts, and repair and production facilities;
9. Decides, for the implementation of paragraph 8 above, the following:
(a) Iraq shall submit to the Secretary-General, within fifteen days of the adoption of the present resolution,…
http://www.fas.org/news/un/iraq/sres/sres0687...

We didn’t trust the Iraqis any more than Saddam trusted the UN Inspection teams so disarmament was to be done under “INTERNATIONAL SUPERVISION”. In 12 years Saddam never did that because he was more worried about his enemies finding out he no longer had them than he was about what the UN or the US would do.
In 1998 (after Osama declared his fatwa against the US) Clinton made the removal of Saddam US policy. Americans were being killed because we had troops standing guard in Saudi Arabia. Once Saddam was removed from power, the US removed all its troops from Saudi Arabia and the reasons for the African embassy attacks, the USS Cole attack and 9-11 ended.
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/terrorism/interna...

Vista, Ca.

#281377 Jul 9, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Yes we support Israel for many reasons. One is we saw firsthand what the Europeans did to the “stateless”(the Jews and the Gypsies) people. It wasn’t just the Germans, the Poles, the Russians, the French, and even the Dutch collaborated to annihilate the Jews. At the end of WW2 the Jews declared “Never again!” they know and we know that without Israel, it could happen again. Until recently, Israel was the only democracy in the Middle East so naturally we supported it.
Even with our support of Israel, not one American soldier has ever died fighting for Israel, however many died to liberate Kuwait.
The UN is not a democracy, it is an Oligarchy of the UN Security Council. Any member can veto the actions of rest. There wouldn’t be a South Korea today if the Soviets used their veto power instead of boycotting.
I’m not an Islamic scholar by any means, but I think the Quran says to treat Jews and Christians as equals. You know you don’t do that. During the Iran Iraq war, the Iraqis put Christians in the front lines simply because they were Christian. Doesn’t Islam mean “Peace”, yet it has such bloody borders. The last time the Arabs were united, Mohammed was still alive. Undoubtedly someday they will write a eulogy for the US, but one could almost write a eulogy for the Arab and Muslim world now. Every year you fall further and further behind the rest of the world.

BTW-I wasn’t apologizing for the US any more than the Moon should apologize to the Earth for the tides. When something happens and the US decides to intervene, it has an impact on that countries internal affairs. When it decides not to intervene, it also has an impact on that countries internal affairs. That is why they ask the President “what do you intend to do about it.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 2 min Sir-Righteous 11,223
Ben Carson Warns Gay Couples Against Pushing Ba... 4 min Huey 56
Matt Pommer: Wisconsina s budget deficit grows 5 min missym 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min positronium 168,239
Bobby Jindal's Love Affair With Hate 8 min Leader 22
Ben Carson: Race Relations Have 'Gotten Worse' ... 10 min mjjcpa 1,828
Former County Council candidate Styn to run for... 12 min A Listener 28
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Neandertroll 142,076
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min positronium 1,173,057
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min Community Disorga... 50,372
More from around the web