Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
46,241 - 46,260 of 114,595 Comments Last updated 18 min ago
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a program out there where they have virtual monkeys typing Shakespeare's works using the laws of evolution and it is coming along very well.
http://io9.com/5843952/virtual-monkeys-on-typ...
If you actually took the time to think about the absurd assumptions of that program, you would realize that it is only restating the fundamental fallacy of evolution... The need for an end goal, ie, intelligence. Wy do you keep imagining that natural selection can cull out mutations one nucleotide at a time? It can't. That is a biological fact... So why do you persist in a false paradigm of inheritance?
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And now we are back to the heart of this thread. Evolution is a science based belief. It has evidence that supports it, a theory that describes it, predictions that are made from it, and over 150 years of successful testing of it.
Creationism has ....< tumble weed rolling, winds blowing, crickets chirping>... or in other words, nothing. If you want creationism taught in school you need to develop the science behind it.
You continually make broad unsubstantiated statements while ignoring repeated challenges that I've presented... Like the failed junk DNA debacle. You keep stating that evolution is tested... And in every instance that it actually is tested it fails miserably.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually took the time to think about the absurd assumptions of that program, you would realize that it is only restating the fundamental fallacy of evolution... The need for an end goal, ie, intelligence. Wy do you keep imagining that natural selection can cull out mutations one nucleotide at a time? It can't. That is a biological fact... So why do you persist in a false paradigm of inheritance?
Hardly, the problem that you and other creationists have is that you assume that evolution is based upon random forces. It is not. Random events are part of it, but there are also very structured forces acting upon life. That is what the program tries to imitate. Anything Shakespearean is assumed to be a "good" gene and it is saved, just as a good mutation is saved in life.

It is hardly a perfect analogy, but it does have a point.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You continually make broad unsubstantiated statements while ignoring repeated challenges that I've presented... Like the failed junk DNA debacle. You keep stating that evolution is tested... And in every instance that it actually is tested it fails miserably.
You failed big time to show that there was a "junk DNA debacle". How many times does this have to be explained to you. When noncoding DNA was first discovered one slang name given to it was "junk DNA". All that junk DNA was was unidentified noncoding DNA. Once it was identified it was no longer "junk DNA" though it was still noncoding DNA. Most ERV's are noncoding so most of them originally would have been called junk, once identified they were not junk any longer. The same with genes that were turned off.

The existence of noncoding DNA in no way harms evolution in fact it supports it. If I see you bring this up again I will simply tell you that you have been shown to be wrong many times and that you are now lying.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Then I suppose you hate those religionists who try to shove evolution down the throats of unsuspecting students, attempting to pass their religion off as science.
Well, unlike you "fundie christians" the REST of the world DO know science when they see it.

If you want to keep YOUR kids abysmally stupid that's YOUR choice, but EVERYONE ELSE isn't that idiotic.

Personally, I don't mind you "fundie christians" teaching your kids bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALE "science", since the DUMBER your kids are, the better off EVERYONE ELSES kids will be.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You continually make broad unsubstantiated statements while ignoring repeated challenges that I've presented... Like the failed junk DNA debacle. You keep stating that evolution is tested... And in every instance that it actually is tested it fails miserably.
Why do you "fundamentalist christian creationists" LIE so much?

Oh, wait. You HAVE to LIE, don't you.

It's the only way you can keep on living in that bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALE delusion of yours, isn't it?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

How does an *individual* have an "official" language or a "lingua franca"?(Apparently, you don't know what either term means.)
And if you actually spoke the language, you would say "My education, up to the university level, was all in the English language."
I suggest you ask for a refund on all of your English classes.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Teacher???
An individual or group of individuals or populations, makes up a nation or any nations.
I see that you're trying to change the subject again.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

The English never had colonies in the United States.
They did, however, have colonies in North America.
Charles Idemi wrote:
Going by that, the United state, is a part and parcel of north America.
Not before the United States, it wasn't.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Who says that languages started from Babylon?
Charles Idemi wrote:
The bible
I meant,*other* than your book of fairy tales.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

I checked it. The link was broken.
In any event, instead of your providing a link, why don't you simply post a quote written by Albright? Why aren't you able to do that?
Charles Idemi wrote:
Broken what?
What part of "the link was broken" do you not understand?
Charles Idemi wrote:
Did you check the link through google?
I checked the link that *you* provided. It was broken.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
They originated the language and by this, the language belongs to them.
Nope. Nobody owns a language. Even if they originate it.

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Physics is a science.
Philosophy and metaphysics are not.(Metaphysics is a branch of philosophy.)
Charles Idemi wrote:
I know that, but doubted your comments, about philosophy not being a science.
Since philosophy is not a science, on what basis did you doubt my comments?
Patrickguy44

Statesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Why evolution is wrong
This is what I would tell an evolutionist...

Evolution says.....
Disorder moves to order
We evolve from lesser beings
Big Bang
We are animal so our morals don't matter

Why this theory is wrong
How can disorder become order if all things in the universe move toward disorder
You say from chaos comes order
2nd law of thermo dynamics states that energy goes from order to disorder.
Ice melts to liquid is an example of order to disorder
If chaos becomes order is true, then ice shouldn't melt but it does.
Things to explain:
What is order?
- order is where matter and energy are arranged neatly and are contained in a small volume relative to surrounding volume.
What is chaos?
Chaos is where matter and energy are in random locations over a large volume if not all relative volume.
So the Big Bang is saying that orderly, contained energy becomes expanding energy. Then somehow that ever expanding energy randomly goes back to order? What factor would cause that? You say gravity but all gravity is mass causing a dip in time-space. So if all the matter (mass) of the universe was contained in a point wouldn't gravity cause it to form a black hole. If you say a star collapses into a dark hole then wouldn't a denser point of mass do the same thing? This is irrelevant, for what your science says disproves other parts and theory's that are excepted by you. Since we can clearly see that matter and energy want to dissolve into more volume it makes more sense that God created everything as order. When sin entered into the world it caused things to go to disorder.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Patrick you have a total misunderstanding of the second law of thermodynamics.

And evolution says nothing about morals. Why do you think that you need a god to have morals anyway?
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
NAB....??? I Dont Read The NAB

New Atheist Bible....???LOL

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, Holland and there are others.
The Netherlands( Dutch from Holland) speaks Dutch as a first language.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh! Did you mean primary language or spoken as a part of being a protectorate?
You're really being a jerk now. I tried to bring you down nicely but you seem to be intent on being King Kong. Not my problem!
You are what you are...
Go on...
Babbling will do you some good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Holland , Australia New Genia and many islands South Africa , Mexico (stretching it a bit)
Scotland , Canada ,\ I could find many more.
The Source of English language in the world, is England.
Their influence, cut accross Scotland, Ireland, Wales and many other nations.
Sources: Google and Wiki.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot read at all.
What was originally said was:
"And what can you conclude about that, especially if your religion has a few uncomplimentary things to say about certain races? "
For a Third Time.
You are the best?
Yet you remain a clown...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Dogen wrote:
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do you fail to comprehend what is being written? Why to you write posts that make no sense. Why do you argue that English is "owned" by the English?
Do you have some sort of learning disability?
Charles responded:
<quoted text>
Clearly you cannot communicate in English.
By bed time, i meant, if you have nothing relevant to say, go to bed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••