Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
38,541 - 38,560 of 112,828 Comments Last updated 18 min ago

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
This will come as a great surprise to the many gays and lesbians who have their own biological children.
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to same-sex couples.
Read what I wrote.
You can not run away from what you said, you said humans can reproduce on their and i countered it...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
This will come as a great surprise to the many gays and lesbians who have their own biological children.
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to same-sex couples.
Read what I wrote.
Define homosexualism( lesbianism and gays)?

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>de Beer's research refutes the homology argument, so why do you keep bringing it up when it has been scientifically debunked.
Nope, deBeer may have disagreed with homology, he never came close to debunking it. You cannot win a debate in your mind only, which is the only thing he did. Other biologists who understand the science better than he does know that he is full of horse puckey.

You need to learn what evidence is. Evidence for a theory is anything that fits in the model of the theory. For example homology fits very nicely into evolutionary theory since it predicts it. Homology does not fit into the idea of creation by an all powerful, all knowing god. There are countless flaws in almost every animal. They are there because evolution is only concerned with what works. If it works it usually works good enough. An all powerful all knowing god could have created perfect life if he wanted to. By the way, the god of the Bible cannot be all knowing, all powerful, and just. Not going to the god argument, just a related subject. Since no one has bothered to define ID I cannot say whether or not homology fits into it. Do proponents of ID believe that evolution occurred or not? Are there any special cases? It may be possible for homology to exist in ID, but not necessarily. It depends on how you answer those questions.
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB811.h...
<quoted text>
Well silly us, in that case we should throw out biology and just accept that Goddidit with magic with talking donkeys and lizards and put dinosaurs on the Ark.
1. Thank you for providing that link... your gullibility is exposed. My favorite line was "But although such cases are not explained, that does not mean they are unexplainable...". His argument was nothing but a special pleading , ad hoc rationalization of embryologic facts which contradict the very foundation of your arguments. It's not a minor detail... It proves that your childish intuitions are FALSE.

2. Predictably, you again pulled out the "goddidit with magic" card, indicating your lack of scientific explanations.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Then I can understand you. The reality deniers will someday be found out, and it won't be our side.
We have heard that nonsense for hundreds of years. No one has come even close to making a perpetual motion machine. Take a physics class or two. Learn what "work" actually is.

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals marry themselves, so show to me, how they can reproduce?
For procreation purposes they can always find a partner of the opposite sex. Have you ever heard of artificial insemination?
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence, scientific or otherwise that such a thing as God is possible; there is no God. And I will be quite happy to prove it to you just as soon as you are finished proving to us all that such a thing as God does actually, in fact, exist.
. You're obviously deeply devoted to your cherished religion of atheism. My apologies if I've offended you in any way. I realize I've hit an emotional nerve with you.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>. You're obviously deeply devoted to your cherished religion of atheism. My apologies if I've offended you in any way. I realize I've hit an emotional nerve with you.
GOD IS NOT REAL THE BUYBULL IS NOT FACT!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you have some new proof no one has ever seen????

Stop attacking what 90% of the world KNOWS is fact to try and force us to believe your cult religion myth cult crap....

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We have heard that nonsense for hundreds of years. No one has come even close to making a perpetual motion machine. Take a physics class or two. Learn what "work" actually is.
We went through this whole mess with him maybe two years ago. It was stupid then, it's still stupid now.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Define homosexualism( gay and lesbianism)?
Ism is what you put at the end of a word to show it's "a distinctive doctrine, theory, system, or practice: This is the age of isms." Homosexuality is not any of them.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ism
Now let’s make a deal you answer my question and I will answer yours “did you originally say that Homosexuals can’t reproduce? Yes or no?
There a simple deal for a simple deal of course you will need to give evidence ether way, but no matter this should be no problem for a man of integrity such as your self… right?

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Thank you for providing that link... your gullibility is exposed. My favorite line was "But although such cases are not explained, that does not mean they are unexplainable...". His argument was nothing but a special pleading , ad hoc rationalization of embryologic facts which contradict the very foundation of your arguments. It's not a minor detail... It proves that your childish intuitions are FALSE.
2. Predictably, you again pulled out the "goddidit with magic" card, indicating your lack of scientific explanations.
Wrong, of course wrong, HTS posted it. He was merely pointing out that your claim is "godidit with magic". That is not his claim. We would like something besides that from you, but you know you have nothing.
HTS

Sidney, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, deBeer may have disagreed with homology, he never came close to debunking it. You cannot win a debate in your mind only, which is the only thing he did. Other biologists who understand the science better than he does know that he is full of horse puckey.
You need to learn what evidence is. Evidence for a theory is anything that fits in the model of the theory. For example homology fits very nicely into evolutionary theory since it predicts it. Homology does not fit into the idea of creation by an all powerful, all knowing god. There are countless flaws in almost every animal. They are there because evolution is only concerned with what works. If it works it usually works good enough. An all powerful all knowing god could have created perfect life if he wanted to. By the way, the god of the Bible cannot be all knowing, all powerful, and just. Not going to the god argument, just a related subject. Since no one has bothered to define ID I cannot say whether or not homology fits into it. Do proponents of ID believe that evolution occurred or not? Are there any special cases? It may be possible for homology to exist in ID, but not necessarily. It depends on how you answer those questions.
1. You made a broad unsubstantiated statement that de Beer was "full of horse of key", without bothering to explain why his research is not valid. You apparently have FAITH in your religion of evolution, that the omnipotent force of natural selection will find a way without aged.
2. Now you're really busted. Just listen to your logic. All you can do to defend your arguments is to bash religion. Who are you to decide that homology is not consistent with intelligent creation? That's your RELIGIOUS OPINION... It's not science. It's not even logical.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea what "heterosexualism" is, as that word fails to appear in any dictionary I consulted. Did you possibly mean "heterosexual behavior"?
And why would a gay man or lesbian have to adopt their own biological offspring?
Certainly, gay men and lesbians can have their own biological offspring either as the result of heterosexual behavior or as the result of artificial insemination.
But what *is* your point? What does *any* of this have to do with evolution?
I repeat, no cells no evolution...
Homosexuals(gays and lesbians) marry themselves, by this, they can never produce their own, except through adoption and the opposite sex.

“you must not give faith”

Since: Jul 12

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>. You're obviously deeply devoted to your cherished religion of atheism. My apologies if I've offended you in any way. I realize I've hit an emotional nerve with you.
A religion comments on more than one subject, atheism only comments on one subject like theism and deism so it can’t be a religion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
You noticed that too, did you? Charles isn't very honest about his claims. He changes them without admitting to it, when he is caught in an error.
Birds of a feather!
Define homosexualism(gays and lesbians)?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

You're saying that you have no chromosome 2 in your DNA? Seriously?
<quoted text>
Was that a "yes" or a "no" to my question?
Charles Idemi wrote:
You can never put words into my mouth
Which is why I asked you if you were answering "yes" or "no" to my yes-or-no question.

So which is your answer to the question? Yes, or no? Or are you just too afraid to answer?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You made a broad unsubstantiated statement that de Beer was "full of horse of key", without bothering to explain why his research is not valid. You apparently have FAITH in your religion of evolution, that the omnipotent force of natural selection will find a way without aged.
2. Now you're really busted. Just listen to your logic. All you can do to defend your arguments is to bash religion. Who are you to decide that homology is not consistent with intelligent creation? That's your RELIGIOUS OPINION... It's not science. It's not even logical.
Here:
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CB/CB811.h...

DeBeer was a died in the wool evolutionist. He'd be turning over in his grave if he knew you were using him to support your arguments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some serious problems with your assertion. My father, yes my genetic father, is gay. They can, and often do, reproduce before coming out. Then there's the fact that genetics doesn't work just through inheritance, every offspring has hundreds of mutations in the genome, then there is also the matter of the genome changing throughout your life. So your point is pointless.
Your genetic father gave birth to you when he married your mother(heterosexual) and not when he married another man of the same sex(homosexual).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Haggard has five children.
Through a woman(heterosexual) or through a man(homosexual)?

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You still do not know what faith is. And for someone who thinks he has an invisible friend that is rather humorous. I denied your claims about deBeer based on the concept of "past performance". Since you have a fail rate of about 99% or more it was perfectly normal to instantly deny your claim. The fact that his claims are not heeded by the biological community as a whole supports my belief. Faith would be to trust someone or something without any history of them showing that they were right, or even existed. Sort of like your faith in god. You have no physical evidence that your god exists. I am not a biologist and I will leave biological arguments to biologists, makes sense right? I know, you have this whole conspiracy thing going. Sorry, conspiracy theories do not survive the light of day. There are too many scientists who are genuinely interested in the truth for a conspiracy of the sort that creatards talk about to exist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••