Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 1,619)

Showing posts 32,361 - 32,380 of106,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33588
Jul 13, 2012
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Life does not just start on its own.
Never has happened never will.
In the whole history of the earth it never happened. Someone speculated that life started on its own but that's all you have "Someone's guess"
Your whole world is based on a guess.
There is no basis in fact for any of your assertions.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33589
Jul 13, 2012
 
For life to yield and provide designated datum, it must be directed to exhibit a course with guiding information. Movements of all natural material things are a matter of following patterned pathways which are directed and guided over a course that was commanded to be a way as to act or work. Intelligence is indicated in the conduct of our earth and universe and all things, and the God of the Bible is our Creator.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33590
Jul 13, 2012
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"I believe that God created everything, including Lucifer. He created Lucifer as a powerful anointed angel. However, Lucifer wasn’t satisfied with that, and he didn’t remain the anointed cherub that God created him to be.
Ezekiel 28:13-14 describe him as he originally was in the Garden of Eden:
“Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.”
Most people believe that Lucifer took one-third of the angels and rebelled against God in heaven, where he was defeated and then cast to earth. This is all taken from one scripture, in Revelation 12:4"
Are you too gutless to tell us what is actually being described in Ezekiel 28 ? Do you even know? It's not Lucifer. That's certain.

Lucifer, the son of the morning, occurs but once, Isaiah 14, and is a reference to the king of Babylon.

I told you you were full of manure when you entered the forum. I guess that makes me a prophet.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33591
Jul 13, 2012
 
FREE SERVANT wrote:
For life to yield and provide designated datum, it must be directed to exhibit a course with guiding information. Movements of all natural material things are a matter of following patterned pathways which are directed and guided over a course that was commanded to be a way as to act or work. Intelligence is indicated in the conduct of our earth and universe and all things, and the God of the Bible is our Creator.
Would you please be kind enough to identify the salient features of your comment that distinguish it from bullsht.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33592
Jul 13, 2012
 
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please be kind enough to identify the salient features of your comment that distinguish it from bullsht.
Things must be guided to work........
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33593
Jul 13, 2012
 
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, stick it up your ass.
Is that something you practice often?

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33596
Jul 13, 2012
 
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Things must be guided to work........
That's BS.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33598
Jul 13, 2012
 
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>You're kind of screwed here because Answers in Gibberish doesn't show the math and you can't do it yourself.

38mm/year = 0.000038km/yr
0.000038km/yr x 4000000000yr = 152000km
mean Lunar orbit radius = 384000km

This is a first order approximation. More exact solutions to the long term transfer of angular momentum are beyond my ability.

Maybe you should quit copying stuff from crank science sites.
"we showed that assuming that the moon formed naturalistically 4.5 billion years ago, and that the rate of spiraling away hasn’t deviated (from the constant 1/r6 relation) then the moon can’t be older than 1.5 billion years—a contradiction. Such inconsistencies are common in non-biblical world views.
Uniformitarianism is a blind philosophical assumption; it is not a conclusion based on evidence. "

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33599
Jul 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Free will is an illusion in the presence of an omnipotent omniscient God. Grade school logic.
Not necessarily.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33600
Jul 13, 2012
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"we showed that assuming that the moon formed naturalistically 4.5 billion years ago, and that the rate of spiraling away hasn’t deviated (from the constant 1/r6 relation) then the moon can’t be older than 1.5 billion years—a contradiction. Such inconsistencies are common in non-biblical world views.
Uniformitarianism is a blind philosophical assumption; it is not a conclusion based on evidence. "
What 1/r6 relation?

'Uniformitarianism is not a controversial assumption when compared to magic.'
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33604
Jul 13, 2012
 
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you have repeatedly admitted you cannot do, therefore relying on the authority of ancient scriptures which say lizards talk and that the Earth is flat.
No, Silly......Atheists Talk With Flat Brains.....Lizards Are Cool.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33605
Jul 13, 2012
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are just an Atheist nothing more.
My Friend, I Ponder The Calculation Of Wasted Hours On These Threads.

Truely, This Is A Journey Though The Offspring Of Corrupyed Souls.
Time Is Better Spent Preparing Oneself For The Future, Then DwellinG In The Past.
Once Bitten

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33606
Jul 13, 2012
 
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>What 1/r6 relation?

'Uniformitarianism is not a controversial assumption when compared to magic.'
You know what's is the biggest fairy tale on this thread. It's that science puts a ridicules date on everything by the billions of years and all the good little students buy into it.

The moon is 4 billion years old
The earth is 4.6 billion years old
The universe is 13.7 billion years old
The Dinosaurs are 65 million years old

And yet every time something is dated by two or three different methods the ages swing violently. They don't know what they are doing but you all don't care. How can you claim to be intelligent and buy in to their BS?

Sheep that's all you are. Science really happens when you dig into it rather then accepting it at face value.

If aging rocks is such an accurate science then why do they round off in the hundred of millions of years?

Guess what they are probable off by a few billion years or so.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33607
Jul 13, 2012
 
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that? What you stated was also just a guess.
If its never happened it never happened

Prove me wrong.
KJV

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33608
Jul 13, 2012
 
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>My Friend, I Ponder The Calculation Of Wasted Hours On These Threads.

Truely, This Is A Journey Though The Offspring Of Corrupyed Souls.
Time Is Better Spent Preparing Oneself For The Future, Then DwellinG In The Past.
You know you could be right however I have some other reasons for being for a little while longer. There are those that read but do not partake so for them we need to show up the lies out there.

After all it's mostly just a Hand full of atheist nuts we're dealing with.

“Wear white at night.”

Since: Jun 09

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33609
Jul 13, 2012
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
No the universe cannot have always existed. The second law of thermodynamics prevents it.
How do you know that?
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33610
Jul 13, 2012
 
15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
That's BS.
No, it isn't !

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33612
Jul 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>I have a long standing challenges also.

1) how did the universes come into existence from nothing?

2) how did life start from nonliving matter?
1) the universe is pretty much still nothing. The balance of the universe equals zero.

2) my opinion is that self replicating virus like structures formed in nebula clouds.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33613
Jul 13, 2012
 
Once Bitten wrote:
<quoted text>You know what's is the biggest fairy tale on this thread. It's that science puts a ridicules date on everything by the billions of years and all the good little students buy into it.

The moon is 4 billion years old
The earth is 4.6 billion years old
The universe is 13.7 billion years old
The Dinosaurs are 65 million years old

And yet every time something is dated by two or three different methods the ages swing violently. They don't know what they are doing but you all don't care. How can you claim to be intelligent and buy in to their BS?

Sheep that's all you are. Science really happens when you dig into it rather then accepting it at face value.

If aging rocks is such an accurate science then why do they round off in the hundred of millions of years?

Guess what they are probable off by a few billion years or so.
One thing would greatly support a young Earth. Finding disproportionate amounts of surviving DNA in dinosaur fossils.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33614
Jul 13, 2012
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>If its never happened it never happened

Prove me wrong.
Incredulous, overly ambitious conclusion ending in Tu Quoque Fallacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,361 - 32,380 of106,059
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

189 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min S C A 138,818
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min ChickBrilliance 303,217
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Yeah 1,034,464
Nevada senators face off over militia groups 7 min Supercalafradgelistic 99
Racism drives, 'animates' Republican base 8 min Responsibility 86
Why are some Dems running from the Affordable C... 10 min Mothra 21
Church Leaders Vow Political Backlash if Gay Ma... (Jan '13) 11 min lides 17,532
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 11 min VorenusI 218,562
•••
•••
•••
•••