Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 11,947)

Showing posts 238,921 - 238,940 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I believe abortion is okay. I also believe if a woman wants an abortion at 35 weeks and 6 days, she should be able to get one legally - if she's that determined not to be a mother, she'd make a terrible one. Further, I believe that there needs to be an unequivocal determination on the part of the people, EITHER that the state has an interest in the fetus which trumps the woman's, OR that abortion is a woman's choice, a legal medical procedure, and enjoys equal protection under the law. And then maybe we can move the hell ON with our lives, and quit worrying about somebody else's abortion.
You're a proabort. This is disgusting thinking.

I'm not interested in what YOU believe. Didn't you get the memo?
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

<quoted text>The termination of a pregnancy is an abortion, regardless of how, why, by what method, or for what reason, it's performed. "Someone," somewhere, will "perceive" anything as being anything they care to. Including the use of abortion to treat a woman with cancer, before treating her with chemo.
I would consider the termination of pregnancy before chemotherapy to be as therapeutic FOR THE WOMAN's health as she and her physician do. Beyond that, it's not my business.
All this while sitting on a jury sending your victims to prison for choosing to use drugs. The drugs people choose and people that choose them is also none of your business. Not to mention the fact that adults/adolescents that are pregnant can just as easily be pregnant with a woman as a man, which means we could be talking about the WOMEN's health. Your sanctimonious hypocritical babbling sickens me.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>If we had the question -yes or no- on a nationwide ballot, there would be no such problem. If yes, and a woman's right to an abortion is unassailable, no problem.
If no, and a woman's right to an abortion is nonexistent, no problem again.
Either we have the right to decide FOR OURSELVES that abortion is a recourse for unwanted pregnancy, or we don't. Period.
Currently, we do - but only up to a point.
Currently, we make exceptions to whether it's 'right' or 'wrong'.
Both are examples of blithering hypocrisy, and it's high time we state our position, without enshrining it in hypocrisy, on BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE.
LOL you are GONNA GIT IT by most proaborts here who are in favor of restrictions.

"examples of blithering hypocriscy"

LOL

Oh,the IRONY. When I say that,I get in trouble,but because you are proabortion/PC,you'll get a free pass. Can't wait to see the reactions on here.

((SASSY runs to the microwave with her popcorn)))

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. we have 4,000 abortions DAILY in this country alone.
So?

we have 4,131,019 live births in this country per year, which means 120,907 births in this country per year. Alone.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't seem like you pro-conception/anti-life folks are practicing what you preach.
How many bags of groceries, boxes of diapers, and canisters of formula did you send Natalya Suleman? Now there's a lady who practices what you preach.........I'd think those with a genuine PRO-LIFE stance would STILL be lined up around the block, to volunteer their undying solidarity with someone who not only has the courage of her own convictions, but courage enough to exemplify yours as well.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh,I know I know. It's NOT 100% effective
You may 'know' but you don't seem to 'care'.
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>2. Since WHEN does the US "claim" to practice "preventive medicine"? That's a joke.
One of the many hypocrisies inherent in the pro-life stance of the Republican party. Preventive medicine is a cornerstone of Conservatism. The GOP is against it. Go figure.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
So if the laws were the same here, why do you think that it would be any different?
Why would the laws ever be the same here?
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
In this country - some believe that rapist sperm is automatically rejected by a woman's body...
What were you saying about third world and backward?
You justify killing innocent humans BECAUSE of their location.

WHO'S backwards?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

zef wrote:
<quoted text>
All this while sitting on a jury sending your victims to prison for choosing to use drugs. The drugs people choose and people that choose them is also none of your business. Not to mention the fact that adults/adolescents that are pregnant can just as easily be pregnant with a woman as a man, which means we could be talking about the WOMEN's health. Your sanctimonious hypocritical babbling sickens me.
I've never sat on a jury [just lucky, I guess] and I'm in favor of ending the 'war on drugs' IMMEDIATELY. I'm also in favor of giving the final call over gestation to the woman who faces it, rather than the collection of cells which resides within her. If she allows it to gestate within her, great. If she doesn't, it never knows the difference.

She will.
zef

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

<quoted text>Of course you're not worried about getting anyone pregnant. That's 3/4 of the problem - uncastrated men, who don't care whether or not they impregnate, just whether or not women carry our pregnancies to term. I have an idea -- let's sterilize everyone at birth, for two generations. No pregnancy, no abortion, for at least 30 years. Then we can resume the discussion if necessary, before going back to allowing pregnancy at will.
Problem solved.
Your solution to preventing abortion is mutilating innocent men, and the extinction of the human species. Very pro-choice point of view. Not that anyone in their right mind agrees with anything any pro-choice/pro-death cultist has to say.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the cancer wasn't aggressive and would not have killed her? Would you then say it was "okay" to treat the child - thereby inducing a miscarriage/abortion - just to protect her health, not her life?

Many chemo treatments OR even alternative care can wait til after baby is born. THAT is the best option "if" possible. The next best would to wait as long as possible during that pregnancy giving the baby better chances.

Chemo is a poison. It does kill you. It kills the good with the bad. It may prolong your life by keeping the cancer at bay(if it CAN do that)but ultimately,you will die from either the cancer or that chemo(with what it does to your body).

Sadly,if mom HAD to receive immediate care,as did this particular woman,then she had no choice. Baby could survive it. Baby could die via miscarriage. It's not a direct attempt to kill baby though. It's not an abortion.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the laws ever be the same here?
Never mind Ink...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Correction:
"...120,907 births in this country per year. Alone." should have read "...120,907 births in this country per day..."

My apologies for the incorrect post.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>
1. we have 4,000 abortions DAILY in this country alone. Doesn't seem like you pro-conception/anti-life folks are practicing what you preach.
Oh,I know I know. It's NOT 100% effective @@
2. Since WHEN does the US "claim" to practice "preventive medicine"? That's a joke.
48% of American woman will have AT LEAST one abortion in her lifetime. Appears to me it’s the Pro-Lifers that are completely incapable of practicing what you preach, also.
It is also you hypocritical reprobates that set up girls for such failures. You unsuccessfully teach abstinence, which is utterly ineffective. Take the Netherlands for example, where sexual education is a top priority. This country not only has the lowest teenage pregnancy rate in all of Europe, shockingly they have the lowest STD/STI rates in all of Europe.
I do not think that America practices preventive medicine at all, though, the medical industry seems to disagree. Sadly, healthcare has been monopolized by the insurance companies.
{{OMG, SHUT UP, something we agree on.}}
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

<quoted text>So?
we have 4,131,019 live births in this country per year, which means 120,907 births in this country per year. Alone.
<quoted text>How many bags of groceries, boxes of diapers, and canisters of formula did you send Natalya Suleman? Now there's a lady who practices what you preach.........I'd think those with a genuine PRO-LIFE stance would STILL be lined up around the block, to volunteer their undying solidarity with someone who not only has the courage of her own convictions, but courage enough to exemplify yours as well.
<quoted text>You may 'know' but you don't seem to 'care'.
<quoted text>One of the many hypocrisies inherent in the pro-life stance of the Republican party. Preventive medicine is a cornerstone of Conservatism. The GOP is against it. Go figure.
"so"

NUFF said.

Why would you equate that lunatic to me? She doesn't "practice what I preach" dumbass. She CHOSE to have those kids. She had no business doing that. It's not even natural.

WTH are you even talking about? LOL weirdo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>You justify killing innocent humans BECAUSE of their location.
WHO'S backwards?
Do you agree with the jackass Age was quoting?

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

sassy Jm wrote:
continued to lala..
Here's some startling information about the dangers of chlorine exposure beyond your drinking water…
On average, you drink about 1-2 gallons of water per day… but you expose yourself to 25 gallons of water when you shower.
As concluded by the American Journal of Public Health… up to two-thirds of harmful chlorine exposure can be due to skin absorption and inhalation while showering.
The steam inhaled during a shower can contain up to 20 times the concentration of chlorine (and other synthetic chemicals) as tap water.
You can easily absorb as many toxins in 1 shower as you would drinking tap water for an entire week.
Studies show that after a 10-minute shower in chlorinated water, your blood levels of THMs (common disinfection byproduct – DBP) can potentially increase by as much as a staggering 700%.
The bottom line… chlorine and its byproducts are the unseen danger lurking in almost every shower. And your health risks can far exceed those of simply drinking tap water.
Now you know why I'm making it clear that filtering only your drinking water is not enough. That hot steamy shower you love so much and find soothing and relaxing, well, it's potentially filled with vaporized gasses that could harm you and your family.
So, what can you do to avoid all this? I'll get to that coming up, but first let me get into a few more details on why chlorine, DBPs, and other chemicals found in your shower can get into your system so easily
Okay, well, I know about this (of course! LOL!). Take a cooler shower and/or shower with the vent fan on/window open a crack. I always do. Again, don't worry about DBPs or THMs in our water.

“Nasty Nana”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

<quoted text>I 'expect' that sort of thing from no one. Expectations are usually met. I prefer, even though I'm often disappointed, to 'expect' that everyone will exercise their intellect with more vigor than their emotions, in hopes that those expectations will be met eventually.
JMO
That seems like fair practice, though sadly, you will be disappointed by a few on this thread.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>LOL you are GONNA GIT IT by most proaborts here who are in favor of restrictions.
"examples of blithering hypocriscy"
LOL
Oh,the IRONY. When I say that,I get in trouble,but because you are proabortion/PC,you'll get a free pass. Can't wait to see the reactions on here.
((SASSY runs to the microwave with her popcorn)))
I don't know any proaborts, either here or elsewhere. Perhaps you get "in trouble" because you are not willing to admit to your own?

Just speculation. Could be wrong.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

<quoted text>You paternalistic tryrants could just as easily have a castration, that way you wouldn't have to worry about making anybody pregnant, or going to war over whose was bigger.
So you are blaming men for your pregnancy? You are raped every time that you have sex? You've NEVER had control over who you sleep with? You've NEVER had control over telling a man NO when you didn't want to get pregnant?

C'mon,don't make ALL women as pathetic as you are.

I for one,have control over MY life. "If" I get pregnant,then it is because I CHOSE to have sex when fertile. Pregnancy is a natural result of intercourse.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100% with the rest of your post. What's really disturbing is the false advertising and deception. WHY are we being deceived? WHY are we being poisoned? WHY are the companies being allowed to do this and WHY does the FDA condone this? Y'know?
I also wasn't raised on processed foods. It's such garbage. I fully understand knits idea of eating healthier for less. It is not always true that junk is cheaper. Not in the long run either. Look at todays diet. It consists of junk food-sweet AND salty. Which then means the desire for MORE junk food cravings. It's a cycle and in the end,it DOES end up being more money...AND more eating/snacking.
I completely agree with you.

I was reading something about how the combination of salt and sweet triggers something in our brains, making us want more. Have you ever noticed that you alternate between wanting something salty, then sweet? The companies are SO clever that they know this and develop their products to make us crave them!

I know the that laws are constantly under review to be made more aggrssive with false advertising and additives, etc., but the companies have very strong lobbyists, just like the oil and pharmaceutical companies. It is best to do exactly what we are doing: Read. Stay informed. Eat fresh/raw as much as possible.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but the issue was that they were afraid that treatment would have been preceived as an abortion, correct? Don't you think that if it were illigal under any circumstance here in the states, that it may change the way some doctors treat their patience?
I've yet to see a reply to my comments about another scenerio involving that very same woman.

Here it is again...

If that very same woman didn't have cancer,but was pregnant,and got into a car accident,would those very same Dr's have done EMERGENCY surgery to save her life? Would they be thinking that they'd be accused of aborting her child "if" and that is "if" that baby was miscarried?

You know the answer as well as I. This then proves my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 238,921 - 238,940 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

230 Users are viewing the US News Forum right now

Search the US News Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Muslims are destroying America (Jan '12) 4 min woodtick57 324
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min forks_make_us_fat 1,032,968
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min limburger cheese sweety 138,517
Al Sharpton: FBI informant 6 min Fred 3
Former Arkansas Legislator Hudson Hallum Senten... (Jul '13) 7 min Fred 21
Who Are the Real Saboteurs of Immigration Reform? 7 min alien 11
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Tinka 105,937
5 Ways The U.S. Can Respond To Russia Invading ... 11 min Oliver Cromwell 1,359
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 20 min woodtick57 218,290
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 26 min Uncle Sam 39,626
•••
•••
•••
•••