Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
219,321 - 219,340 of 305,088 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>I understand your points lilly, but let me ask you, what good does it do for society to force women into unwanted parenthood, and children into neglecting and abusive homes, because they're not wanted? I assume most women that choose to abort do so because they see no good life for the child, not just them self. I know your answer to that, but the cold truth is that maybe terminating a fetus in the very early stages is better than the life it will be doomed to live. I dont know, and I will say, I'm glad I'm a man and could never be put in a situation to decide, and maybe that's why I think it should be left to the woman in the early stages.
<quoted text>Legally it's different, morally, I guess it's subjective.
Legally it may be different, but it was always legal. So, even legally is subjective, isn't it?

Badaxe, do you have any idea how many of our parents did not expect to have all the children they had? Seriously. Just because a child is unexpected and unwanted,[at the time of the woman finding out she's pregnant], does not mean that child will be abused. It doesn't even mean the child is unwanted throughout the pregnancy. Feelings change, and many have abortions out of fear from partners or parents, not because they don't want the child.

Also, how many children that are abused do you suppose were "wanted" children? Can we please get real about this particular argument?

Most girls and women who consider abortion are people who have not been counseled to see any other way out of their bleek looking situation than what they're seeing. THAT's a problem that PC ignores and PL wants fixed. PC here only offers excuses for abortion rather than hope that there ARE other ways to deal with an unexpected/unwanted pregnancy besides getting abortions, and the ones who are pregnant need to be dealt with on an individual basis. PP doesn't really help with that, and that's a shame. Also what's a shame is PC thinking issues in the pregnant person's life couldn't be handled more positively than to have an abortion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The minute the egg is fertilized, mom is pregnant.
From WebMd
If sperm does meet and penetrate a mature egg after ovulation, it will fertilize it. When the sperm penetrates the egg, changes occur in the protein coating around it to prevent other sperm from entering. At the moment of fertilization, your baby's genetic make-up is complete, including its sex. Since the mother can provide only X chromosomes (she's XX), if a Y sperm fertilizes the egg, your baby will be a boy (XY); if an X sperm fertilizes the egg, your baby will be a girl (XX).
Nonsense. This doesn't say pregnancy begins with fertilization, Witless.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>I do agree that we dont have to personally know people to want to protect them. I was just pointing out, that it wasnt in the same context as Chicky taunts "You didn't even know them", I was saying that I didn't even know what the woman's situation was that made her decide to abort.
<quoted text>And I respect all human life too, including a human fetus and it's potentail to be born. But there are other aspects I consider as well, like that I wont have to raise the child, the situations of the pregnancy, the situation of the parents or the health of the fetus. These are all things that have nothing to do with me, and forcing them into unwanted parenthood would be abuse by me, because I dont have that right to make their decision, especially not in the early stages of pregnancy when the abortion rate does not exceed the rate of natural miscarriage. As the fetus develops and it's chances of live birth increases then I think the argument for protecting the fetus is more compelling than some of these consideration.
Personally, I dont like abortion, but it's a question of whether, or when, society has a right to stop a woman from making her own decision.
No one is "forced" into a pregnancy unless they're raped, Badaxe. PL isn't talking about "forcing" anyone into unwanted "parenthood" either. There is another option and one that has often been dealt with before the child arrives, which is adoption. Many, many people have adopted family members, whether it be a sister's child, a cousin's child, a friend's child, or even people adopting their own grandchildren.

"...especially not in the early stages of pregnancy when the abortion rate does not exceed the rate of natural miscarriage."

Can you prove that claim with a link of rates of the 2? I can do it, but it's your claim.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
*** Let me know when it's sunk in that my answer is more a technical answer than a personal opinion.***
Fetus becomes baby after cord cut is your personal opinion to a hypothetical question "the exact moment a fetus becomes a baby."
It is your personal opinion related to your daily emotional opinion/broad beliefs that the fetus becomes a baby upon delivery/birth.
It was supposedly a "technical" opinion based on what she claimed were facts, that weren't facts at all, but her stupidity based on a lack of reading for comprehension. She's a mess.

“Game on !”

Since: Aug 09

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see what you mean here, but it leaves out an important fact -- sometimes the State doesn't take an interest in the potential life. It's not a cookie-cutter solution where the state will always take an interest -- like it does in abusive situations once the trail of evidence builds. So while I see what you're saying, I don't agree with the comparison that abortion equals abuse.
He's not saying abortion equals abuse Professor, he was merely pointing out the absurdity in the logic that says that because you aren't aware of something happening, that means you shouldn't care about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text> So you lost faith in God? You don't pray the rosary to stop abortion? Do you pray at all? And I asked Topix why you are still allowed to post if you were banned.
You don't remember how you did it when you were banned?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe life begins at conception, precluding my support for MAP.
It sounds like you belief life begins at implantation?
If yes, then we aren't in agreement on when life begins.
MAP or Plan-B prevents conception so no life has begun yet.

http://www.healthline.com/health/emergency-co...

"In the U.S., the drugs Plan B, its more recent one-pill version Plan B One-Step, and Next Choice are available to people age 17 and over without a prescription. These drugs provide a dose of levonorgestrel, a particular,[pregnancy-preventi ng] version of progestin..."
"...How does emergency contraception work?
[The pill] versions of emergency contraception [work by either (**delaying** or **preventing** ovulation)], and [perhaps] by altering a woman’s cervical mucus to create [a hostile environment for sperm].

Prevents ovulation so sperm won't fertilize an egg. That's not ending a life but preventing one from being started. In cases of rape, that's far more humane than any other option. Also, if there's an existing pregnancy, Plan-B will NOT abort that pregnancy.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
good to see you, P! Thanks about the babies. There is another on the way!
I almost feel sorry for poor deluded skanky. But then, No.
What does not exist yet cannot be "on the way". Ya dumbbell ya.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is "forced" into a pregnancy unless they're raped, Badaxe. PL isn't talking about "forcing" anyone into unwanted "parenthood" either.
That really isn't your call to make. The ability to end a pregnancy is real, so an effort to deny those services to a woman is forcing her to be pregnant. Also, you can't really say something else is an option, when you have already denied a person a choice. Adoption is an only an option while abortion remains available. Otherwise it is just one of a few things you would allow.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you don't send your daughter to school either. She is actually in more danger of being abused.
Carol Shakeshift, professor of educational administration of Hofstra university in Hempstead, NY did a study and found,
10,667 young people were sexually mistreated by priests between 1950 and 2002.
In a contrast study conducted by the American Association of University Women Educational Foundation found that 290,000 students experienced some sort of physical sexual abuse by a public school employee between 1991 and 2000.
How many total Catholic School students in that span?
How many total Public School students in that span?
And what countries did the students reside in?

Where's the link, Ink?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to go for the bonus round and say if you think it is an abortifacient or not?
L is probably already reconsidering her support of even this much personal autonomy .
The correct answer is "Life begins with the advent of sapience and consciousness, and is recognized at birth". Add that to my greatest hits.
"L is probably already reconsidering her support of even this much personal autonomy ."

Look, 1st of all, every woman has personal autonomy when deciding to have sex and deciding to prevent pregnancy. Once pregnant, this isn't about [personal] autonomy anymore, because another human life is what the decision is about. Not a "pregnancy". The woman is deciding whether or she wants to have the [child] or not.

Secondly, I'm not a PC coward who alters their views according to what the "rest of the gang" is saying or doing.

I stand behind MAP and always will, now that it's available. Preventing a pregnancy is better than aborting a human life.

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
still a lot of self righteous gibberish to dodge the question.
You're too used to the famous PC dodge. I answered it flat out.
So what your saying is you believe that you, based on your own special, personal, ideas, think you should eliminate a woman's free will,
No, ya dope. Who's eliminating free will ? She's still free to do anything she wants. She can still get an abortion....just not a legal one.
Do laws against murder eliminate free will dumbbell ? You're still free to murder. You murder logic at every turn.

even though "god" grants it and specifically tells YOU not to interfere in it.
I'm not interfering in it. Just as those who make laws against murder are not interfering in it.
I get it.
No you don't. And this drivel confirms it.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has an idea what katie is talking about. She's the Prof Irwin Corey of topix.
lol, true.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. This doesn't say pregnancy begins with fertilization, Witless.
Nonsense? Can't you read? It says' "at the MOMENT of fertilization your BABY'S genetic makeup is complete including it's sex."

Baby equals pregnant.

From experience, every time I was carrying a baby, I was pregnant.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not saying abortion equals abuse Professor, he was merely pointing out the absurdity in the logic that says that because you aren't aware of something happening, that means you shouldn't care about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
He stated both views to two different posters. I responded to one of those of views. I understood and distinguished between the two different views presented. Do you think you can parrot back what the differences in views were and where I agreed with him? Or are you just going to spend time trying to poke holes where there are none?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the link, Ink?
You could probably look up the study for more detail.

http://wizbangblog.com/2011/07/08/sexual-abus...

“Post at your own risk”

Since: Sep 09

Whining is unbecoming

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the link, Ink?
Not only the link K, but evidence of a cover-up. That's the biggest stumbling block for Mother. She can no longer deny that it happened and while the numbers may be exaggerated (possible), She made a horrible situation so much worse by shuffling the Pedophiles to new hunting grounds. Unconscionable.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That really isn't your call to make. The ability to end a pregnancy is real, so an effort to deny those services to a woman is forcing her to be pregnant. Also, you can't really say something else is an option, when you have already denied a person a choice. Adoption is an only an option while abortion remains available. Otherwise it is just one of a few things you would allow.
What do you mean by "ending a pregnancy"?

“Game on !”

nyc

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Brilliant_Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>
that should say spending a lifetime....above
And I don't live on the Internet like you pathetic misogynists who are afraid of real life. I'll be in and out of here as real life allows. You should try it.
I see you spent the entire weekend off the internet and living life to the fullest.
Btw, an infant that can't support it's own life, isn't viable, you dummy.
If with the assistance of available technology it can reach the point where it can sustain it's own life it most certainy IS viable. THAT is a fact.

Viable infant - "Neonatology An infant who is likely to survive to the point of sustaining life independently, given the benefit of available medical therapy

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.c...

Only a dumbbell would say differently.
Hey ! That's you !!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense? Can't you read? It says' "at the MOMENT of fertilization your BABY'S genetic makeup is complete including it's sex."
Baby equals pregnant.
From experience, every time I was carrying a baby, I was pregnant.
Sorry, Witless, it does not say pregnant.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••