Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Apr 30, 2011 | Posted by: Hedonist | Full story: www.washingtonpost.com

Long after blacks and Jews have made great strides, and even as homosexuals gain respect, acceptance and new rights, there is still a group that lots of Americans just don't like much: atheists.

Comments (Page 1,933)

Showing posts 38,641 - 38,660 of38,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Palm, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Educated What wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted evidence so I am not a liar.
Oh no you didn't.
We have had this discussion in the thread " Is Atheism a Religion?"
You made the same lie there saying that "Atheism = Laveys satanism"

Then I asked you the following question:
"Do you believe that all atheists are Laveys atheists?"

You dodged around for a while, but finally replied thus:
" No not all but some"

You then tried to save face by saying "I meant atheism not atheists" which didn't mean anything in context.
Hope I won't have to repeat this argument in other threads
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah we're soo lonely. Why are you in the Atheist forum, if we're the lonely ones. did your cult reject you?
I Found This Craphole On The Political Forum.....And Have Been Entertained By The Loons Every Since.

I Have No Cult...Nor do I Attend Any Major Churches Or Agree With Most Denominations....Yet, I Would Take Any Of Them Over You.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
All this garbage is 99% Jehovah witness's and 1% Seven Day Adventist. Both are dangerous cults. I wish you would talk to my buddy Richard he's an Atheist but a former head elder of Jehovah's witnesses. It's very interesting how he went from being a life long member and even a popular preacher who traveled all around giving sermons and such to leaving the cult and becoming an Atheist. Sadly his wife won't leave not his children and grand kids. They all shun him call him apostate and such it's sad. After leaving that cult he was asked to join seven day advantist and other Protestant churches he turned them all down.
You should email him, be patient he's a very old man and doesn't respond immediately but his path to atheism is unique and his point of view is interesting as well.
<quoted text>
As Usual...Mouth Open...Insert Foot....Your Wrong.

Most Of What I Believe Is Jewish And Comes From The Bible.

Please Educate Yourself....I Dont Want To Spend Eternity Teaching You.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Wrong again the only Jewish teaching is the sabbath. Jews are all about birthdays I know they go all out on them! Jews use lots of graven images. Sorry to burst your bubble but you would be hard pressed to find a Jew that would agree with any of your nonsense except no Christmas and observe the sabbath.

Again you are an epic fail.
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
As Usual...Mouth Open...Insert Foot....Your Wrong.
Most Of What I Believe Is Jewish And Comes From The Bible.
Please Educate Yourself....I Dont Want To Spend Eternity Teaching You.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

So most if your beliefs are Jewish eh?

wolverine
Never Intended In Arguing With You......My Take....Christ Died For All Of our Sins, but, This Does Not Mean You Are " Saved " By His Grace. You Will Be judged And Judged by Your " Works "
It is Not Enough Just To Accept Jesus As Your Savior.

Not very Jewish. Want to admit you lied now or shall I go on?

in Revelations, It Speaks Of Christs Return, His Return Constitutes The Bringing The Kingdom Of God To The Mount Of Olives.

Jews aren't real big in revelation or any new testament book lol

At This Time " All Who Ever Lived, Will Be Resurrected And Judged.

Jews would scoff at this!

Now, How Can He Resurrect You And Judge You, If You Are Already In Heaven ?

Jehovah witless love saying this. Jews? Nope.

I Too Have Read The Bible Many Times In Its Entirety.
It Speaks Of Not Following Traditions of Man...IE Christmas....

Jews prefer Chanukah but still a tradition of Man again you fail. Should have left off the bit about tradition of man.

Or Being Vain Enough To Celebrate Your Birthday...IE Christmas

Jews love birthdays you reject!

Or It Being A Shame For A Man To Have Long Hair.

This is a new testament thing many rabbi have long hair. Still looking for your Jewish beliefs lol!

Or, To Worship Idols...Like The Saints in Every Catholic Church Today.

Jews don't use the term saint but Moses would be their equivalent of a saint.

Or, To Not Have Graven Images....

Star if David wow you are so fail.

The Sign Of The Cross Sits Atop Most All Organized Religions.
Celebrate His Life, Not His Death.

Jews really do not celebrate the life of Jesus.

And, Remember The Sabbath Day And Keep It Holy.....The Sabbath Is Saturday....Roman Emperor Constantine, Change This To Sunday To Keep The Peace And Allow Worship Of The Sun God.

Finally we find one Jewish inspired belief!!! Wooohoooo took long enough!

My Worthy Friend, Some Advice.
Seek The Truth, Do Not Be Told What The Bible Says, Do Not Interpret The Scripture....Take It For Face Value With-in The Context.
And, Look For A Church That Teaches And Promotes The Ten Commandments. These Are Laws That Cannot Be Abolished.

Wow promotes the ten commandments! That sounds Jewish right? Lol

So, If A Church Doesn't Keep The Sabbath, And Has Idols In Its Midst....Or, A Graven Image Atop Its Roof,Or Has You Calling A Ordinary Man " Father "....In My Opinion, It Cannot Be Of God Or Jesus.
Always Seek The Truth.

Yes always seek the truth which is what Jehovah's witnesses call their faith. Google it up ;)

Ok so as we see for the exception of the sabbath and Christmas nothing you believe is in line with the Jewish faith. glad to prove you wrong, again.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

VinceP wrote:
<quoted text> oh boy I didn`t post my last name,but Vince is my first name
Oh Vince, that really narrows it down (one of multiple aliases).

Of course: you were the one who ran his mouth and it wasn't hard to track down someone with multiple arrests, so yes, we know you are a drunk with a drug problem and you like to hit women and when you get into fights, you have to take a weapon with ya.

You time on this earth is limited.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

60 Days In Prison And A $12,180 Fine For Hosting A Home Bible Study In Arizona
Michael Snyder
The American Dream
Monday, July 9, 2012
The war on home Bible studies and house churches is heating up again. Down in Phoenix, Arizona a man has been sentenced to 60 days in prison and has been fined $12,180 for hosting a Bible study in his home.
Since 2005, Michael Salman and his wife have been hosting gatherings of about 15 or 20 people where they share food, fellowship and discuss the Bible. Unfortunately, that kind of thing is against the law in Phoenix, Arizona apparently. At one point, nearly a dozen armed police officers raided their home and “evidence” of their “crimes” was gathered. Michael Salman was found guilty of 67 “code violations”, and now he is going to be ripped away from his family and put in prison for two months. In addition, the assistant city prosecutor is asking the court to “revoke his probation and convert it into a 2 1/2 year jail sentence since he continues to hold worship gatherings on his property despite court orders.” This kind of case has the potential to have a huge “chilling effect” on home gatherings of all kinds all over the United States.
You may be thinking that you are glad that this man is being put in prison because you aren’t a Christian and you don’t have any sympathy for Christians.
Well, what if you wanted to hold small gatherings in your home to discuss the U.S. Constitution?
Or what if you wanted to hold small gatherings in your home to play cards or watch football?
The U.S. Constitution guarantees “the right of the people peaceably to assemble”, and when the constitutional rights of one person are under attack, it is an attack on all of us.
In America today, we actually do not own our homes and our properties. Instead, we are only allowed to use them in very, very narrowly-defined ways, and if we “rebel” against those rules the control freaks that run things will smack us hard.
A while back I wrote about how control freak bureaucrats all over the country are using “code violations” to force preppers back on to the grid. In some cases, they are even using “code violations” to force preppers completely off of their properties.
They want to run our lives, and if we do not live within the very narrow constraints that they define for us then they will send armed men to raid our homes.
So how did Michael Salman’s problems start?
You can probably guess.
His “neighbors” complained about noise and “traffic congestion“.
So that is how city officials got involved. We have become a nation of informers and tattlers, and this is another perfect example of that.
Michael Salman did have a big cross and a big sign outside his home, and in this situation that was rather foolish. Perhaps if he had kept a lower profile things would have been different. But it still does not excuse what authorities in Phoenix are doing to him.
People should be able to have small gatherings of friends and family in their own homes. If we can’t do that, what do we have left?
And these days, just about everything is illegal in America, so if you want to sick the authorities on your neighbors it is quite easy to do.
What is this nation turning into?
The implications of this story are staggering.
Over the past couple of decades, the number of “house churches” in the United States has absolutely exploded as an increasing number of Americans reject the big, institutional churches for one reason or another.
Now we are seeing a backlash against the home church movement.
Are we going to start to see authorities systematically coming after home Bible studies and house churches all over America?
Sadly, we have already seen quite a few examples of this. The following is one example from California….
A Christian couple from Orange County, Calif., were fined earlier this month for holding Bible studies and for what city officials called “a regular gathering of more than three people” in their homes.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

The following is how this attack was described in a recent Newsweek article….

Mason says he was awake at the time of the attack.“I was in the basement, catching a movie and having a beer, to just chill,” Mason says.“I heard a loud noise and thought one of our kids had fallen down the stairs.” Mason says he ran upstairs from the basement, then “ran through a bunch of glass” and “saw red.” He describes the scene as “surreal—I didn’t know if it was blood on the glass or what. It turned out to be spray paint. There was red paint all over the side of our house. They spray-painted coat-hangers all over my sidewalk and door. We called 911. The police were there within three minutes.”

The family has moved from the home and they say that they have no plans to return.

This is what America is turning into.

Hate and anger are rising to unprecedented levels and it seems like psychopaths are running around everywhere.

I truly fear for the future of this nation.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Liberty...The Star Of David Is Not A Image Of The Grave.

The Saints I Spoke Of Are Depicted In Idols In All Catholic Churches.

Jehovah Witnesses Believe Chrirst Has Already Returned, The Second Time...Dipstick.

Are You Jewish...???
Dont Presume To Be....Im Not

My Beliefs Come From The Bible And The Torah...
Really, You Are Quite Dense....I Look Foward To 1.000 Years Of Being Your Keeper.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Are the Christians Spiritually Jews?

The word Jewish doesn’t refer to a religion it refers to nationality or to a race. In Hebrew and in Arabic the word “Jewish” means (Yahoudee) it means God’s people. The word God in Hebrew is (Yahweh). For this reason God named his chosen people by “Jews”(Yahoud). So the word Jewish is not a religion. Any one that loves God and obey God’s word is Jewish. God also has another name (Jehovah). For this reason the religious group of Jehovah witnesses use this name. We are all the witnesses of Jehovah, it doesn’t means that we are embracing the religion of Jehovah Witnesses. It is the same as (Jewish) we are God’s chosen people (Jews) when we obey his word it doesn’t mean that we are from the Israelites nation but from God’s people. It means that the Christians are Jews (God’s people) but not Israelites. Any way the book of revelation tell us that all the righteous peoples will be with God in New Jerusalem, Revelation 21:10. We don’t know were God shall establish the New Jerusalem. It is not the city of Jerusalem that is in Israel, it is the New Jerusalem Revelation 21: 23. God shall destroy this earth and shall make New Heaven and New Earth, Revelation 1. So everything will become new, Revelation 21: 5.

For more information about who is chosen and who is not, please refer to the files of (chosen) in this site.

Christ’s kingdom on earth is for one thousand years of peace without satan, Revelation (20: 1 to 3)(20: 4 to 5), Isaiah 11: 1 to 16. Christ’s peaceful kingdom on earth is not the same when God shall make the New Jerusalem. The New earth and the New Jerusalem is forever but not for one thousand years, Revelation 22: 5, Isaiah 65: 17 to 25.

Christ’s kingdom on earth comes before God make New Jerusalem, for more information refer to the files of (the millennial) and (Jesus’ first and second return) in this site.

Our new permanent country with God and Jesus is in Jerusalem.

So when we obey God’s word that is in the Torah we are (Jews) it means (God’s people). God announced his law of the Torah to Moses to announce it to the Jews and to all the peoples as well. When we obey the law of the Torah we are obeying God’s law BUT NOT THE LAW OF THE JEWS.

It is deplorable to see many people deficient in knowledge that Jesus is Jewish and He was calling all nations to embrace God’s laws that is in the Torah. Jesus didn’t preach Judaism at all and didn’t abolish God’s law of the Torah.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Post DEMONstrates How Unlike Jesus, You Are.
And How Seperate And Lonely It Is To Be A Atheist.
As far as I see it, that post is nothing but complimentary. It's good that I am totally unlike your lying bastard, Rabbi. Separate, I don't get your meaning, I am completely involved in my life, my family, my friends, my loves, my studies, my pastimes, my planet, my being. And lonely? I don't get that either. Isn't being lonely, a bit childish. Isn't that when alone, ones own company becomes insufficient? I have never been there, nor have I ever been bored. Am I missing something worthwhile?

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
You Know Reason...Only An Idiot Would Vote For Obama For A Second Term.
Was that meant to be directed at me? Did you forget how to click the reply button, or were you hoping to get an actual stinger, into me without me noticing?

History will prove you wrong, but why should it matter to you? Shouldn't you be praying to Jewsus, for the zombie apocalyspe to begin?

Sorry, file 13 that, I forgot for a second, that was what he lied about. Anything you ask, in his name .......LOL!

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Givemeliberty wrote:
All this garbage is 99% Jehovah witness's and 1% Seven Day Adventist. Both are dangerous cults. I wish you would talk to my buddy Richard he's an Atheist but a former head elder of Jehovah's witnesses. It's very interesting how he went from being a life long member and even a popular preacher who traveled all around giving sermons and such to leaving the cult and becoming an Atheist. Sadly his wife won't leave not his children and grand kids. They all shun him call him apostate and such it's sad. After leaving that cult he was asked to join seven day advantist and other Protestant churches he turned them all down.
You should email him, be patient he's a very old man and doesn't respond immediately but his path to atheism is unique and his point of view is interesting as well.
<quoted text>
Congratulations to your friend, for managing to escape from the fog. A self imposed delusion can only be maintained, by the careful omission of any rational thought, and for one who has but a mere modicum of logic, it will become an impossibility.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

rpk58 wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no you didn't.
We have had this discussion in the thread " Is Atheism a Religion?"
You made the same lie there saying that "Atheism = Laveys satanism"

Then I asked you the following question:
"Do you believe that all atheists are Laveys atheists?"

You dodged around for a while, but finally replied thus:
" No not all but some"

You then tried to save face by saying "I meant atheism not atheists" which didn't mean anything in context.
Hope I won't have to repeat this argument in other threads
Lol

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
60 Days In Prison And A $12,180 Fine For Hosting A Home Bible Study In Arizona
Michael Snyder
The American Dream
Monday, July 9, 2012
The war on home Bible studies and house churches is heating up again. Down in Phoenix, Arizona a man has been sentenced to 60 days in prison and has been fined $12,180 for hosting a Bible study in his home.
Since 2005, Michael Salman and his wife have been hosting gatherings of about 15 or 20 people where they share food, fellowship and discuss the Bible.
The law doesn't have to forgive him his lies. His judge was not Jesus.
Game room? No, he built a church. He broke the codes, when he lied and said that he was building a game room. Criminals belong in jail, and they need to pay the fines. The money helps the city to keep on enforcing the codes. Render unto Ceaser..... LOL!

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

The star of David is an object of worship an image. Moses is the Jewish equivilant of a saint. Jehovah witnesses believe Jesus already returned? Show me where you got that because that's nowhere to be found on their wiki and even a google search comes up with nothing except Jesus will return at Armageddon leading his army of angels against Satan and the demons ect ect. 1000 years eh? Let me guess that's after your great tribulation and Armageddon right? The 1000 year reign of Jesus? Something along those lines right?
wolverine wrote:
Liberty...The Star Of David Is Not A Image Of The Grave.
The Saints I Spoke Of Are Depicted In Idols In All Catholic Churches.
Jehovah Witnesses Believe Chrirst Has Already Returned, The Second Time...Dipstick.
Are You Jewish...???
Dont Presume To Be....Im Not
My Beliefs Come From The Bible And The Torah...
Really, You Are Quite Dense....I Look Foward To 1.000 Years Of Being Your Keeper.

“There are other issues.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Almost all the Atheists I know are happy well adjusted people. We may get snippy when the same theist reject asks the same inane question that's been factually answered 100 times before lol.
What all 4?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Atheists aren't lonely. In fact. Why the f*ck am I in this forum calling Atheists lonely, when it's clear I'm a godbot nobody listens to. F*ck I didn't even make it past elementary school where we learn how and when to use capital letters properly.
And I'm the idiot my cult put in charge of recruiting members. Man we break new ground in ineffectiveness every day.
Yeah, its nice you've found honesty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You time on this earth is limited.
I wish your time was more limited in this forum.

Creationists / Discovery Institute morons have no point except to spread their bullsh*t politics of hate.

They don't give a f*ck about reality, just recruiting more members to fill their pockets.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

wolverine wrote:
Liberty...The Star Of David Is Not A Image Of
My Beliefs Come From The Bible And The Torah...Which Came from Another Human Being who was deluded.
Correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 38,641 - 38,660 of38,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••