In Obama era, have race relations improved?

Jul 29, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Boston.com

Ashley Ray, a white woman, hears more people debating racial issues. "I know a lot of people who really thought we were OK as a nation, a culture, and now they understand that we're not," she says.

Comments
201 - 220 of 581 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2013

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

#240 Jul 31, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>
. I'd like to cut as much of that as possible before we consider how to hurt the most vulnerable.
We should try to cut as much welfare as possible. Welfare for the poor & welfare for corporations & banks.

It all does the same thing.

It rewards failure.

Thus it takes away incentive to succeed.

While at the same time it drains funds & thus increases debt & or taxes to pay for it.

Welfare is a failure!

Corporate welfare too!

We bailed out Chrysler under Jimmy Carter & ever since Chrysler has been stagnating left & right.

We bailed out JP Morgan.

Now it seems as if JP Morgan is messing up again & maybe needing another bail out!

Of course once we reward failure we mess up nature & thus degrrade morality & incentive.
alan

Maringouin, LA

#241 Jul 31, 2012
you want some racism?obama signed an executive order creating the initiative on educational excelllence for african americans?this is for blacks only and funds are from tax momey!to hell with latinos,asians etc. but just blacks!how can this ahole use tax money and use it for one race of people?racism just took on a new meaning?obama sucks the life out of tax payers but spends it racially?ask the liberal main stream media why they havent reported this to you the public!its because the msm keeps the public in the dark on anything anti obama!wake up people to what obama is doing!!!!you wont find it from the msm!!!

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#242 Jul 31, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>OMG OMG 7,000 Millionaires paid no income tax.

When there are estimated to be over 8 million millionaires that isn't a very big number.

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2012/03/21/millio...

According to Spectrem, there are now 8.6 million households in the U.S. with a total net worth (minus principal residence) of $1 million or more

___'

Less than 1% of millionaires owe no income tax

While 68% of incomes below 50,000 owe no income tax.

So incomes below 50,000 are 68 times more likely to not owe income tax than millionaires.

Let's talk about that!
The millionaires are dropping like flys. They are renouncing citizenship and leaving at a record rate under the Obama Administration.
With over 40% of Americans collecting government assistance, guess who will get the increased tax burden to compensate for the revenue loss.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#243 Jul 31, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG OMG 7,000 Millionaires paid no income tax.
When there are estimated to be over 8 million millionaires that isn't a very big number.
http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2012/03/21/millio...
According to Spectrem, there are now 8.6 million households in the U.S. with a total net worth (minus principal residence) of $1 million or more
___'
Less than 1% of millionaires owe no income tax
While 68% of incomes below 50,000 owe no income tax.
So incomes below 50,000 are 68 times more likely to not owe income tax than millionaires.
Let's talk about that!
What do you want to talk about? The fact that the majority have a home mortgage interest deduction? We can eliminate it or cap it, but I think the millionaires might get upset, don't you? Here's the problem. Their deductions for those lovely estates is pretty high, and if we start capping it for the middle class, it's not going to do much for them, not to mention the second home deduction. ;-) See the problem? I'm sure you do. It's a pickle alright. The one thing Congress is absolutely incapable of doing is anything that might insult a multi-millionaire - not matter if we go to h*ll in a handbasket.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#244 Jul 31, 2012
Okay, I'm tired, and it's past my bedtime. I made WAY to many errors in that post. I'll be back tomorrow when I can type coherently.;-)

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

#245 Jul 31, 2012
John wrote:
All humans are actually the same 'race', scientifically speaking. Its racist white people try to make it as if humans are different. Skin colour and other minor variations are a result of minor environmental adaptations over thousands of years. Other than ssmall differences, humans are actually the same.
I am white myself from the UK and have studied genetics.
Dingoes are a seperate sub species from Domesticated dogs.

Dingoes only split off from Domesticated dogs about 4,000 yrs ago.

Far less time than Human races split off from each other!

___

Yes & the enviromental natural selection to adapt to the climate made a difference.

Humans without fur who ddn't hibernate had to become more Intelligent to adapt to the Northlands in Ice age Eurasia.

In which Humans without fur & didn't hibernate.
Needed
larger brains with higher intellect to be sew better clothes & build better fires & adopt better hunting methods to hunt mammoths in Ice age Eurasia.

Humans needed to become more Intelligent & Perceptive to the enviroment in which in the Northlands the enviroment changes very quickly.

The Northlands have strong seasons & with those strong seasons & changes comes a need for a higher Intellectual perception.

Tropical enviroments are more static & thus don't select as much pressures for higher intellect.

Thus Tropical people do indeed have lower IQ's on average & Triopical people do indeed have smaller & less developed brains on average.

Also in the Tropics you have many animal threats.

Go into the Rain forest you have to be on edge of all of the threats lurking around the corner.

Thus being impulsive & quick to violence in the Tropics may have been selected for.

It is no surprise that areas of the world with more violent animals have more violent humans.

Such as Africa, Central America, Siberia etc where animals are more violent & people are also more violent.

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

#246 Jul 31, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you want to talk about? The fact that the majority have a home mortgage interest deduction? We can eliminate it or cap it, but I think the millionaires might get upset, don't you? Here's the problem. Their deductions for those lovely estates is pretty high, and if we start capping it for the middle class, it's not going to do much for them, not to mention the second home deduction. ;-) See the problem? I'm sure you do. It's a pickle alright. The one thing Congress is absolutely incapable of doing is anything that might insult a multi-millionaire - not matter if we go to h*ll in a handbasket.
Who gives the Middle class their jobs?

Do homeless people give the Middle class their jobs? LOLOLOL

I think we should lower all taxes.

More money in people's pockets to spend how they like.

Wouldn't it be easier for the Middle class & Poor to buy homes if they didn't have to pay Income tax & Property tax?

Since: Jun 12

Brewster, NY

#247 Jul 31, 2012
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
The millionaires are dropping like flys. They are renouncing citizenship and leaving at a record rate under the Obama Administration.
With over 40% of Americans collecting government assistance, guess who will get the increased tax burden to compensate for the revenue loss.
Yes Liberals cry about money from the U.S being sent to the Cayman Islands & other offshore account Islands.

The money goes there because Cayman Islands has no income tax, no property tax, no profit tax, no capital gains tax, no corporate tax etc.

Liberals think the solution to these offshore accounts is to increase taxes?

We should adopt the Cayman Island tax system ourselves which would help keep our money here & help bring in more money!

Rich people are an asset to this country!

Liberals act like Homeless crackhead Blacks are an asset to this country.

While Liberals act like Rich people are a cancer to our society.

Ridiculous!

Rich people who do the wrong thing should be punished like Bernie Madoff.

Most Rich people are an asset to this country. Liberals don't seem to get this!

“I Survived Immigration Reform”

Since: Jun 10

Forum

#248 Jul 31, 2012
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do.
Again you are exactly right.
"the white police officer acted stupidly"
Facts and quotes can be checked you know. Obama never said "the white police officer....."

He made a very honest comment and admitted to the possibility of his own bias because Gates was his friend. You shouldn't distort the truth to suit your agenda. It can always be detected.

If you were a writer for a newspaper and you wrote that quote without substantiating it, you'd lose your job and possibly get the paper sued for libel. Responsible reporting means being honest. Try it, you'll like it.

July 22, 2009

After spending most of an hour patiently reiterating his arguments for changing the health insurance system, President Barack Obama turned his press conference sharply toward an iconic moment in American race relations: The arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. earlier this week by the Cambridge Police.

Gates was arrested for allegedly disorderly conduct -- a charge that was quickly dropped -- after a confrontation with a police officer inside his own home. Though some facts of the case are still in dispute, Obama showed little doubt about who had been wronged.

"I dont know not having been there and not seeing all the facts what role race played in that, but I think its fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that he Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home," Obama said in response to a question from the Chicago Sun-Times's Lynn Sweet.

Gates, Obama allowed, "is a friend, so I may be a little biased here. I don't know all the facts."

However Gates, he continued, "jimmied his way to get into [his own] house."

"There was a report called in to the police station that there might be a burglary taking place so far so good," Obama said, reflecting that he'd hope the police were called if he were seen breaking into his own house, then pausing.

"I guess this is my house now," he remarked of the White House. "Here Id get shot."

Undergirding the long digression, though, was Obama's place as a new symbol of racial reconciliation, and his long past in the trenches of the politics of race and discrimination in the Illinois State Senate.

"Separate and apart from this incident is that theres a long history in this country of African-American and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately," the president said, eagerly engaging the issue of racial profiling, a concern earlier in his career that has seen little White House attention to date.

"Thats just a fact," Obama said of profiling. "That doesn't lessen the incredibly progress that has been made."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0709/O...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#250 Aug 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========

Point?

Racism is still the belief in ones superiority because of the race they belong to.

Feeling superiour because of ones race does not mean hating anyone.

Hate is more like a prejudice, bias, or bigotry.

However, in addition to being a racist one can still hate, or have a prejudice or bias or be a bigot.
World English Dictionary

racism or racialism (&#712;re&#618;s&# 618;z&#601;m, &#712;re&#618;&#64 3;&#601;&#716;l&#6 18;z&#601;m)


1. the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others

2. abusive or aggressive behaviour towards members of another race on the basis of such a belief

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#251 Aug 1, 2012
scooter wrote:
<quoted text>
spin it any way you like,fucktard,as we know what owebama said and meant to say,he is gone in November and good riddance to bad trash.
Obama talks to Joe Plumber (FULL VIDEO)

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#252 Aug 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Obama's philosophy is that there is a support system out there that business uses and needs that business did not build.
Define support system.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#253 Aug 1, 2012
Cant Blame Obie One wrote:
Mississippi church in storm after turning away black couple's wedding

http://www.sh reveporttimescom/article/20120 730/NEWS/120730024/Mississippi -church-storm-after-turning-aw ay-black-couple-s-wedding

Miss., couple, say the church where they planned to get married turned them away because they are black./ AP
Black Mob Beats 90lb White Girl. No Hate Crime.

&fe ature=related

Black Panther Party Member Teaches 'Black Survival' Tactics With Guns and
Machetes.to Kids

Disturbing new YouTube videos have surfaced allegedly showing notorious New
Black Panther Party member King Samir Shabazz teaching "black survival"
training to a small audience - with children sitting in the front row.

In each of the three videos, uploaded June 6, 2011, the man identified as
Shabazz graphically demonstrates self-defense tactics using a variety of
weapons, including a handgun, a machete and a baseball bat:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shock-video-n...

Black Students Attack White Man For Eating Dinner With Black Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Black Teens Trash Dunkin' Donuts in New York City

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Black Teenage Girls Attacks White Minneapolis Mom, 4-Year-Old Daughter

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Extermination of white people?# 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

RE: exterminate white people # 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Re:exterminate white people # 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#254 Aug 1, 2012
WMCOL wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
Obama's philosophy is that there is a support system out there that business uses and needs that business did not build. Not realizing that is what makes Romney and right-wingers dangerous.
As far as Jefferson, too little government is just as bad as too much government. We always need just the right amount.
Define support system.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#255 Aug 1, 2012
Kermudgeon wrote:
Although I will be voting for him, many who voted for him the first time now sincerely believe he is not the best choice.
IQ Test: Obama Supporters

&fe ature=related

Obama and the National Anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama Bows to Saudi King v2 Extra Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

GOD DAMN AMERICA Rev Jeremiah Wright, Farrakhan & Obama

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Top 20 Obama Pastor Comments You Never Saw

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama Says Rev. Wright Represents 'Best' Black Church Has to Offer

http://www.breitbart.tv/05-flashback-obama-sa...

OBAMA'S GONNA PAY FOR MY GAS AND MORTGAGE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Barack Obama's Supporters ARE STUPID ( www.obamaunveiled.com )

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Obama Money - Where Did it Come From?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

WSB: Despite the freezing temperatures, hundreds fought for a place in line
in Marietta, Georgia to apply for federal aid to help pay their heat and
power bills this winter.

Only 30 people were being let in at a time at the assistance center in
Marietta.

"It was freezing," applicant Linda Benefield told WSB-TV. "I was in line for
three hours and 15 minutes, but I needed the help."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/1...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

14 Million Americans unemployed!

First Lady Celebrates B-Day at Steakhouse Featuring $28 'Obama' Burger--Kobe
Beef, Bacon, Cheese
By Susan Jones and Greg Gwyn-Williams

"But according to one food blog--in a town famous for leaks--the President
and Mrs. Obama ordered a 10-ounce American Wagyu steak, which at $81 is the
second most expensive item on the menu, just behind the 12-ounce American
Wagyu for $92."

Read rest of story below:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/first-lady-ce...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Obama Bumper Sticker Removal Kit - Available at BSRemoval.com - feat. Brad
Stine

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#256 Aug 1, 2012
HugeKielbasa wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Liberals cry about money from the U.S being sent to the Cayman Islands & other offshore account Islands.

The money goes there because Cayman Islands has no income tax, no property tax, no profit tax, no capital gains tax, no corporate tax etc.

Liberals think the solution to these offshore accounts is to increase taxes?

We should adopt the Cayman Island tax system ourselves which would help keep our money here & help bring in more money!

Rich people are an asset to this country!

Liberals act like Homeless crackhead Blacks are an asset to this country.

While Liberals act like Rich people are a cancer to our society.

Ridiculous!

Rich people who do the wrong thing should be punished like Bernie Madoff.

Most Rich people are an asset to this country. Liberals don't seem to get this!
You are exactly right.
They can't see the Forrest for the trees.

“Antisocialistic”

Since: May 12

Lake Charles, LA

#257 Aug 1, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>Facts and quotes can be checked you know. Obama never said "the white police officer....."

He made a very honest comment and admitted to the possibility of his own bias because Gates was his friend. You shouldn't distort the truth to suit your agenda. It can always be detected.

If you were a writer for a newspaper and you wrote that quote without substantiating it, you'd lose your job and possibly get the paper sued for libel. Responsible reporting means being honest. Try it, you'll like it.

July 22, 2009

After spending most of an hour patiently reiterating his arguments for changing the health insurance system, President Barack Obama turned his press conference sharply toward an iconic moment in American race relations: The arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. earlier this week by the Cambridge Police.

Gates was arrested for allegedly disorderly conduct -- a charge that was quickly dropped -- after a confrontation with a police officer inside his own home. Though some facts of the case are still in dispute, Obama showed little doubt about who had been wronged.

"I don’t know – not having been there and not seeing all the facts – what role race played in that, but I think it’s fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that he Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home," Obama said in response to a question from the Chicago Sun-Times's Lynn Sweet.

Gates, Obama allowed, "is a friend, so I may be a little biased here. I don't know all the facts."

However Gates, he continued, "jimmied his way to get into [his own] house."

"There was a report called in to the police station that there might be a burglary taking place – so far so good," Obama said, reflecting that he'd hope the police were called if he were seen breaking into his own house, then pausing.

"I guess this is my house now," he remarked of the White House. "Here I’d get shot."

Undergirding the long digression, though, was Obama's place as a new symbol of racial reconciliation, and his long past in the trenches of the politics of race and discrimination in the Illinois State Senate.

"Separate and apart from this incident is that there’s a long history in this country of African-American and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately," the president said, eagerly engaging the issue of racial profiling, a concern earlier in his career that has seen little White House attention to date.

"That’s just a fact," Obama said of profiling. "That doesn't lessen the incredibly progress that has been made."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0709/O...
What color was the police officer?
jackson

Lexington, KY

#258 Aug 1, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts and quotes can be checked you know. Obama never said "the white police officer....."
He made a very honest comment and admitted to the possibility of his own bias because Gates was his friend. You shouldn't distort the truth to suit your agenda. It can always be detected.
If you were a writer for a newspaper and you wrote that quote without substantiating it, you'd lose your job and possibly get the paper sued for libel. Responsible reporting means being honest. Try it, you'll like it.
July 22, 2009
After spending most of an hour patiently reiterating his arguments for changing the health insurance system, President Barack Obama turned his press conference sharply toward an iconic moment in American race relations: The arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. earlier this week by the Cambridge Police.
Gates was arrested for allegedly disorderly conduct -- a charge that was quickly dropped -- after a confrontation with a police officer inside his own home. Though some facts of the case are still in dispute, Obama showed little doubt about who had been wronged.
"I dont know not having been there and not seeing all the facts what role race played in that, but I think its fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry; number two that he Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home," Obama said in response to a question from the Chicago Sun-Times's Lynn Sweet.
Gates, Obama allowed, "is a friend, so I may be a little biased here. I don't know all the facts."
However Gates, he continued, "jimmied his way to get into [his own] house."
"There was a report called in to the police station that there might be a burglary taking place so far so good," Obama said, reflecting that he'd hope the police were called if he were seen breaking into his own house, then pausing.
"I guess this is my house now," he remarked of the White House. "Here Id get shot."
Undergirding the long digression, though, was Obama's place as a new symbol of racial reconciliation, and his long past in the trenches of the politics of race and discrimination in the Illinois State Senate.
"Separate and apart from this incident is that theres a long history in this country of African-American and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately," the president said, eagerly engaging the issue of racial profiling, a concern earlier in his career that has seen little White House attention to date.
"Thats just a fact," Obama said of profiling. "That doesn't lessen the incredibly progress that has been made."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0709/O...
But his knee-jerk reaction was first that it was racist. He places race above all else and enjoys polarizing the country. It helps him further his agenda - not to mention it is what he truly believes.
jackson

Lexington, KY

#259 Aug 1, 2012
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, well I think I'm right and in exactly the way I think.
More blatant racism has reared its ugly head in the last four years than had previously been so obvious. And it's all because Barack Obama is a black man and the President. People hate that fact and they hated it from the very start of his campaign.
It's not as if the Obama Administration has done anything one way or another about "race relations." It simply happened because of the closeted racists who finally came out, and yes, they show up on Internet sites like this out of cowardice.
Just my opinion--it's the American way you know.
And I respect your opinions - we are all entitled to them. However, the blatant racism has been encouraged by this president. He has purposefully appointed people who will keep racism as the elephant in the room. He wants us to polarize - he wants us combative. He's not the only one, he has help from Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc.- classic race baiters. If anyone dares to disagree, it's certainly only because he's black.
I don't care if he's purple. I don't like what he's doing to our country and the fact that he's doing absolutely nothing FOR our country.
Racism had been improving for many years until his presidency. Those who were raised by bigots and tend to be bigoted are dying out. Most of us have lived with integration not being an issue -- Affirmative Action is no longer the rule of the day. The pendulum was swinging toward peace between the races. But because he's one-half black, anyone who dares to disagree with him must be racist (according to the libs). And they keep screaming it from the rooftops. They've erased many years of work and taken us back to the mid-20th century. Disgusting.
Free is free

Albuquerque, NM

#260 Aug 1, 2012
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What do you want to talk about? The fact that the majority have a home mortgage interest deduction? We can eliminate it or cap it, but I think the millionaires might get upset, don't you? Here's the problem. Their deductions for those lovely estates is pretty high, and if we start capping it for the middle class, it's not going to do much for them, not to mention the second home deduction. ;-) See the problem? I'm sure you do. It's a pickle alright. The one thing Congress is absolutely incapable of doing is anything that might insult a multi-millionaire - not matter if we go to h*ll in a handbasket.
The mortgage interest deduction is already capped at the interest on a 1M mortgage for a primary residence (don't ask me how to figure it - my mortgage is well under that amount).

I'm surprised you don't know this; have you never itemized? It's in the instructions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 min DebraE 1,900
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 6 min NTRPRNR1 256,462
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,100,607
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min LRS 177,412
Jenkins hits back strong on Rahall3:41 am 10 min Not a Repub nor Demo 66
Kerry: ISIS is a 'disease,' stamp it out 15 min ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 5
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 min The_Box 305,466
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 30 min woodtick57 1,849
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 1 hr Truth 1,491
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Cornelius Scudmister 151,291
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••