Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
29,961 - 29,980 of 46,292 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#31699 Jul 21, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother nature must know how to operate a computer since the data diddling happened in one of those and not at the recording points.
The data modified was done by humans and only humans.Then again this isn't the first or second case of data tampering to support a political agenda.
I see, all that data modification is causing the polar ice to melt. The glaciers to recede. Growing seasons to extend. Species to migrate. Oceans to rise. Co2 to increase. Just admit it. The Earth is warming and man is responsible for a significant amount of the warming.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31700 Jul 21, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
And do you have any qualification scientifcally speaking? Anything other than the fact that you used the word Space and just happen to live in Houstan.
Meanwhile I actually took the time to run the numbers and discovered the truth. That those levels are rising less than a centimeter a decade and not the meters.
Listen. Your posts tell how uneducated, ignorant you are. That's why you are being called all that by many in the forum. Don't ask me who because that would mean you have a memory problem in addition to lacking reading comprehension.

An example is this post of yours. What you wrote is garbage. It has no relation to anything physical. In other words, you just lie and lie.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31701 Jul 21, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
.. I do my own analysis of the numbers. And I sometimes come up with stuff that the WebLogs miss.
Hey Steve, the term "analysis" is too lofty for you.

Please tell us what you do exactly when you do your "own analysis of the numbers."

Curious minds want to know!
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#31702 Jul 21, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Listen. Your posts tell how uneducated, ignorant you are. That's why you are being called all that by many in the forum. Don't ask me who because that would mean you have a memory problem in addition to lacking reading comprehension.
An example is this post of yours. What you wrote is garbage. It has no relation to anything physical. In other words, you just lie and lie.
Hey, Houston -

Pot ... kettle ... black.

Does the dramatic irony of your completely unsupported ad hominem here completely escape you?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31703 Jul 21, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Houston -
Does the dramatic irony of your completely unsupported ad hominem here completely escape you?
Hey Teddy R, which part of your name supports completely "completely?"

What happened to "over and out?"

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#31704 Jul 21, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
Hey, Houston -
Rule of thumb, DNFTTs.

Since: Apr 10

Milwaukee, WI USA

#31705 Jul 21, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
I see, all that data modification is causing the polar ice to melt.
The ice melts and it freezes every year. What's you point?
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The glaciers to recede.
They've been rece3ding since the end of the last ice age. What's your point?
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Growing seasons to extend.
Yes they are, I'm surprised you would bring that fact up. Good thing, No?
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Species to migrate.
I haven't seen a mocking bird in my back yard yet, but I can hope.
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Oceans to rise.
They have been rising right along and the current rate is little changed over the decades. Predictions of a flooded New York and other cities is crap.
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Co2 to increase.
Coupled with the longer growing season you mentioned plus more rain and more arable land it can only be a good thing.
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Just admit it. The Earth is warming
Since 1850 temperatures are up about 3/4 of a degree Celsius.
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
and man is responsible for a significant amount of the warming.
Yes, I give it about a third or 1/4 of a degree Celsius over that 160 year stretch.
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Steve, the term "analysis" is too lofty for you.
Please tell us what you do exactly when you do your "own analysis of the numbers."
Curious minds want to know!
I download temperature data from Hadcrutemp, GISS, UAH, RSS and NCDC. I also get Sea level data from the Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL), Colorado University's Sea Level Research Group and data from some of the papers such as Church & White are published on the net. I take that downloaded data and paste it into Excel so I can graph it out and plot trends and in general see what the numbers are.

Anyone can do it. MrExcel.com
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/forum.php
has a php board where you can get nearly instantaneous help for any question you may have. Learn to be proficient on Excel if you aren't already.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#31706 Jul 22, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>I'm dealing with the biggest lie of all time.
That's what twitching fanatics always say. 911 was an inside job. The moon landings were faked. Kennedy was killed by the US Military. Whatever it is, some hyperventilating cynic is eager to tell us that he sees through the lies to the dark forces behind them.

Normally, I don't care about such harmless ravings. However, yours are not harmless.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31707 Jul 22, 2012
Steve Case wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I download temperature data from Hadcrutemp, GISS, UAH, RSS and NCDC. I also get Sea level data from the Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL), Colorado University's Sea Level Research Group and data from some of the papers such as Church & White are published on the net. I take that downloaded data and paste it into Excel so I can graph it out and plot trends and in general see what the numbers are.
Anyone can do it. MrExcel.com
http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/forum.php
has a php board where you can get nearly instantaneous help for any question you may have. Learn to be proficient on Excel if you aren't already.
No wonder you hid your reply to me a la 'dirtie.'

I would not call it analysis when "you take that downloaded data and paste it into Excel." I call it plotting some graphs with Excel.

What do you mean by "in general see what the numbers are?" See, yes you do.
Teddy R

Canada

#31708 Jul 22, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>No wonder you hid your reply to me a la 'dirtie.'
I would not call it analysis when "you take that downloaded data and paste it into Excel." I call it plotting some graphs with Excel.
What do you mean by "in general see what the numbers are?" See, yes you do.
So you're saying "real scientists" don't use MSExcel?

#31709 Jul 22, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
He doesn't know what he's saying.
I imagine dealing with zombies would be similar to dealing with the likes of Nauseous, litesout and spambotty.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31710 Jul 22, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>He doesn't know what he's saying.
I imagine dealing with zombies would be similar to dealing with the likes of [name calling].
Obviously, you need to move on to greener pastures.

Go find some zombies in Grenland.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31711 Jul 22, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not a correct statement.
Teddy R

Canada

#31712 Jul 22, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>That's not a correct statement.
Duh. Ya think?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

#31713 Jul 22, 2012
IF there were real legal consequences in a real civilized society for condemning billions of children to their CO2 deaths, none of you remaining fear mongering climate change believers would still shooting your mouths off like this still.
We can't love a planet with fear and your 26 years of needless CO2 panic made omen worshipping fools out of all of us for the history books.
litesong

Everett, WA

#31714 Jul 22, 2012
me me me getting mine in the 69 position wrote:
.....condemning billions of children to their CO2 deaths......
We can't love a planet with fear.......
You state that AGW scares kids. The terribly underrated slasher movies are way ahead of your accusations.

#31715 Jul 23, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
Duh. Ya think?
Nope, he doesn't do that either, thinking isn't included in his job description.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#31716 Jul 23, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, all that data modification is causing the polar ice to melt. The glaciers to recede. Growing seasons to extend. Species to migrate. Oceans to rise. Co2 to increase. Just admit it. The Earth is warming and man is responsible for a significant amount of the warming.
Why can't you admit that the earth has been warming for thousands of years and had nothing to do with man. That ice has been melting since the end of the last ice age and is still melting, glaciers have been in retreat for thousands of years, the oceans have been rising since the end of the ice age.

The polar ice caps have been shrinking since the end of the last ice age. The ice that use to extend down to cover Canada and Russia has been in retreat for dozens of centuries.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#31717 Jul 23, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Listen. Your posts tell how uneducated, ignorant you are. That's why you are being called all that by many in the forum. Don't ask me who because that would mean you have a memory problem in addition to lacking reading comprehension.
Your right about how my post tell peeople about how educated and intelligent I am. As for the many who call me what you call me. Have you ever bothered to count how many it is. It is only just a few and many of those like LHMF have used multiple handles. I won't ask you who because you would not care to list them. After all when your many turns out to be less than five you are not going to admit that more people have called you a fool than have called me one.

You can whine that I lie and lie when I post the truth and it will not change the fact that it is the truth.
PHD

Houston, TX

#31718 Jul 23, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right about how my post tell peeople about how educated and intelligent I am. As for the many who call me what you call me. Have you ever bothered to count how many it is. It is only just a few and many of those like LHMF have used multiple handles. I won't ask you who because you would not care to list them. After all when your many turns out to be less than five you are not going to admit that more people have called you a fool than have called me one.
You can whine that I lie and lie when I post the truth and it will not change the fact that it is the truth.
Same less than box of rocks response. You couldn't be truthfull your LESS THAN A BOX OF ROCKS.Being truthfull you would have knowledge unlike you.WIND MILLS RULE AGAIN!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 6 min TurkanaBoy 115,125
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Obskeptic 177,350
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 9 min Now at 1,566
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Grey Ghost 1,099,857
In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger ... 22 min Asian Guy 2
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 27 min Harvey 54,837
'Hit the Right Nerve' Pelosi confronts Gop rep ... 29 min budd 738
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 30 min Del 1,321
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Limbertwig 151,110
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 hr Quirky 255,911
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••