Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
29,281 - 29,300 of 46,382 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#30987 Jun 28, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
He will, the fun part will be watching him try to link it to the first World War. Trucks, tanks, and airplanes were new gagets then and most transportation was ships and trains using coal fired steam engines. Just as much material was moved using draft animals as oil powered engines.
Huh?

LIAR. You don't know me to speak for me. Find another interest.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

#30988 Jun 28, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>You being a judge of stupidity is the funniest thing when you demonstrate FAIL in simple US geography. AR is NOT AZ.
Instead of posting lies, notice your friend - like you - does not know the difference.
Remember, you are as absurd as you post.
LOL, So earthling from Spain doesn't know our postal abbreviations for the states and from that you deduce we are all stupid. Now back to explaining how oil is the cause of World War I and II. Highly anticipating your "highly intellectual" response.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#30989 Jun 28, 2012
Northie wrote:
Yes, but all this would cost just 1% of GDP, as the report says. Hardly a crushing burden. We just spent twenty times that to bail out the global financial industry.
When the US debt is already at 102% of GDP(and growing), yeah, what's another 1% added on top of what we already aren't going to be able to pay off? Great idea. Sure am glad you're aren't the gov't chief economist. OR, maybe you are.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#30991 Jun 28, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
LIAR. You don't know me to speak for me. Find another interest.
What makes you think you are hard to figure out. As for interests I have plenty.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#30992 Jun 28, 2012
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, So earthling from Spain doesn't know our postal abbreviations for the states and from that you deduce we are all stupid. Now back to explaining how oil is the cause of World War I and II. Highly anticipating your "highly intellectual" response.
What is even better is that Space Blues would not know Spanish Postal Codes.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

#30993 Jun 28, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even better is that Space Blues would not know Spanish Postal Codes.
Don't you just love how spambot derails on the subject of informing us of how oil was the reason for WWI and WWII after he claimed that he has the "big brain" and "high intellect" to know these things? But in his "highly intellectual" world, he somehow thinks that knowing all the postal code abbreviations are the same as being knowledgeable in geography. So again, I can't wait for his "highly intellectual" response on the history of the world wars.
albedodown

Lynnwood, WA

#30994 Jun 28, 2012
steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling wrote:
..... he's a yes man.....
Yes, man! "steenking piddling diddling middling mudling mudslinger dirtling" is a slimy steenking filthy vile reprobate rooting(& rotting) racist pukey proud pig.
Va te faire le pompier

AOL

#30995 Jun 28, 2012
Grouchy Conservative wrote:
We must stop the earth from spinning! The prescession of the equinoxes varies the amount of solar radiation exposure to the northern hemisphere of the earth!. Those variations have been calculated by astrophysicists and a relationship has been established between glaciation (ice ages) and interglacial periods (warming trends) on this planet with the precession of the equinoxes (varying tilt of this planet). Please, dear god, we must stop this spinning! Someone please stop this planet from spinning! ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!
For more information on earth-sun interaction search: Milankovitch cycles.
BTW, this planet is currently 18,500 years into this current interglacial period. We are just now seeing trees in the arctic circle. The Eemian interglacial began 131,000 years ago and by 125,000 years ago there were forests in the arctic circle. Thus the Eemian was far more abrupt in change as the current interglacial is advancing at a rate-of-change just 33% of the last interglacial. But, we mustn't allow that to block a new tax called cap and trade or carbon credits.
Trees in the artic circle? Where? Greenland? Or are you crediting Canada and Siberia as artic circle?

The question is not glaciation from precession. The question is human activity (that equals bacteria activity) that leads to environmental changes just like the Cyano change the CO2 atmosphere to O2 atmosphere that led to oxygen based life (more efficient way of using energy). We can do the same and destroy our ozone, acidify the oceans, and introduce a thermal change JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO OWN THREE HUMMERS, TWO MANSIONS, AND RUN FOUR COKE BASED ELECTRICAL PLANTS!

Just get a real job!

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#30996 Jun 29, 2012
kristy wrote:
That was odd, I copy pasted churmudgeon's address (Ash Flat, AR) in the search box, and it came back as Ash Flat, AZ, which I didn't notice until SpamBotty kindly drew my attention to the error.
-
I know most US State abbreviations (not Territories) quite well, having travelled across your country three times, from coast to coast, up close and personal.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#30997 Jun 29, 2012
fishaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
When the US debt is already at 102% of GDP(and growing), yeah, what's another 1% added on top of what we already aren't going to be able to pay off? Great idea. Sure am glad you're aren't the gov't chief economist. OR, maybe you are.
We could pay off our debt in a heartbeat, unlike the PIIGS.

The 1% of GDP or so that we will invest to halt destruction of the climate and the oceans will be a far wiser investment than the vastly larger sum we just handed fraudulent bankers to enhance their very cushy bonuses.

Because, as McKinsey says, if we don't invest 1% now we'll likely be on the hook for twenty times that in the not so distant future. There is simply no choice, no matter what teabaggers driving Suburbans think.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#30998 Jun 29, 2012
Nauseous wrote:
The 1% of GDP or so that we will invest to halt destruction of the climate and the oceans
King Canute rides again.
Priceless stuff, Nauseous, keep it coming!
LoL

Los Angeles, CA

#30999 Jun 29, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1% of GDP or so that we will invest to halt destruction of the climate and the oceans will be a far wiser investment than the vastly larger sum we just handed fraudulent bankers to enhance their very cushy bonuses.
Because, as McKinsey says, if we don't invest 1% now we'll likely be on the hook for twenty times that in the not so distant future. There is simply no choice, no matter what teabaggers driving Suburbans think.
More insane drivel from the MOONBAT patrol.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#31000 Jun 29, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Please call the bumbler-in-chief admin IMMEDIATELY! You've GOT to tell them your secret. Maybe, just for entertainment's sake, you should tell all of those surburban driving tea baggers how "we could pay off our debt in a heartbeat." Inquiring minds want to know, oh enlightened one!

LMAO that think you have this all figured out. Thanks for the laugh Krusty the clown.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

#31001 Jun 29, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I realize facts are hard to come by for you...but, I was just looking at the debt clock. The US federal spending for 2012 is over 3.6 trillion and revenue is 2.3 trillion. Total interest on our debt is over 3.6 trillion and our total debt is over 56 trillion. Unfunded liabilities for what has already been promised to us is over 119 trillion. What kind of world do you live in that this disaster can be paid off in a heartbeat.
kristy

Palm Bay, FL

#31002 Jun 29, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>That was odd, I copy pasted churmudgeon's address (Ash Flat, AR) in the search box, and it came back as Ash Flat, AZ, which I didn't notice until SpamBotty kindly drew my attention to the error.
-
I know most US State abbreviations (not Territories) quite well, having travelled across your country three times, from coast to coast, up close and personal.
I figured you would know, but I think it's funny that Spammy decides knowing world geography is the ability to know all the postal code abbreviations.

Since: May 12

Dublin, Ireland

#31004 Jun 29, 2012
56 trillion..
Christ..
Northie

Spokane, WA

#31005 Jun 29, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>King Canute rides again.
Priceless stuff, Nauseous, keep it coming!
King Canute? You have the wrong guy:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2012/0...
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31007 Jun 29, 2012
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you would know, but I think it's funny that [SpaceBlues]decides knowing world geography is the ability to know all the postal code abbreviations.
Your miniscule brain is easily confused. I made no such decision. LIAR.

Where and when did I do that??
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31008 Jun 29, 2012
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
I figured you would know, but I think it's funny that [SpaceBlues] decides knowing world geography is the ability to know all the postal code abbreviations.
LOL.

But you had posted:
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, So earthling[sic] from Spain doesn't know our postal abbreviations for the states and from that you deduce we are all stupid. Now back to explaining how oil is the cause of World War I and II. Highly anticipating your "highly intellectual" response.
LOL. Does he or does ne not?

You just LIE left and right, everywhere.

No brain, no truth.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#31009 Jun 29, 2012
Does he or does he not?

LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US News Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black guest stuns CNN anchor: Racism is - not a... 3 min xxxrayted 138
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,101,777
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 3 min Quirky 257,081
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 4 min MemeStankFoo 2,026
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min db Writer 151,499
Who do you side with in Ferguson? 8 min systems 2,287
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 11 min liberal waiting o... 11,740
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 15 min messianic114 115,398
Teen's Shooting Highlights Racial Tension 20 min Concern Citizen 1,690
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US News People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••