WWII survivor honored with Congressional Gold

Apr 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KGW-TV Portland

George Hara greeted U.S. Senator Ron Wyden. The senator arrived to honor Hara and apologize for how so many other Japanese-Americans were treated after the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

Judged:

if this man is into appoligizing for the past he should consider all relatives of the yankee prison called fort douglas?after all this was what the yankees did?i dare anyone to read about camp or fort douglas and then have the guts to tell about human cruelty?yes what happened to japenese citizens was wrong but thats why america won all world wars!they gave no quarter and war was to be won period?i dare you yankee lovers to dig deep into camp douglas?
Vivek Golikeri

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

alan wrote:
if this man is into appoligizing for the past he should consider all relatives of the yankee prison called fort douglas?after all this was what the yankees did?i dare anyone to read about camp or fort douglas and then have the guts to tell about human cruelty?yes what happened to japenese citizens was wrong but thats why america won all world wars!they gave no quarter and war was to be won period?i dare you yankee lovers to dig deep into camp douglas?
I googled Fort Douglas, but couldn't find any information on the human cruelty you were talking about. Which war did the atrocity you speak about occur in? And secondly, they were not Japanese citizens...correction! They were AMERICAN citizens, born and raised here, picked on purely because of ethnicity. That was what made it a crime.

To be fair to the whites, there were two types of attitude among those who supported the internment. Those who hated Japanese-Americans just because they were not white, and those who sincerely believed this was necessary.

The same ugliness occurred in reverse in 1979 when the Ayatollah seized our hostages in the Tehran embassy. He had told the Iranian people that the US was going to launch a terrible invasion and massacre Iran's people, and our embassy was the Trojan Horse that would broker the genocide.

The Iranian people reacted with the same history a woman manifests when she believes a man is about to rape her. We're all sorry about those embassy staff. Yet that was a mere drop in the bucket compared to 4700 black men in the 1920's and 1930's who suffered the same savagery when murdered by lynch mobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••