Brownback and Roberts block Obama nominees

Aug 7, 2009 Full story: WPTY 20,097

Senator Pat Roberts , May 2006 WASHINGTON a ' Kansas' two U.S. senators are blocking 10 of President Barack Obama's nominees for senior administration posts at the Pentagon and Justice Department in protest over a proposal to house Guantanamo detainees at the Fort Leavenworth prison.

Full Story
First Prev
of 1005
Next Last
Nolan Goldberg

Overland Park, KS

#1 Aug 7, 2009
Senators Roberts and Brownback need to stop blocking the nominees and recognize that the prison at Ft. Leavenworth is one of the most secure places in the world to hold these detainees. Kansas will not be at risk due to their presence. Let's get on with the business at hand.

Judged:

20

11

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Patrick Keller

Olathe, KS

#2 Aug 7, 2009
I agree with Nolan. I think our Senators are way over the top and completely wrong on this one in the first place. Then to play fast and loose on completely unrelated issues beyond reason. I did not elect Senators to be obstructionists! This can only be because they believe fear-mongering will ultimately gain populist support.
Kansan

Lenexa, KS

#3 Aug 7, 2009
This bunch of republicans (my former party) is so far out of touch with America. There ae so many issues that need attention, and these guys are acting like republicans, by blocking any improvements of our society. This level of arrogance will be reduced after the elections in November 2010.
Until laws are passed to virtually eliminate lobbiests, America will not belong to 'we the people.' I know this seems impossible, but this is the root cause of Washington corruption. Our representatives do not work for us, they work for special interest.
Comments?
The Compasioinate One

Lebanon, NJ

#4 Aug 7, 2009
feed the terrortists to the sharks!
Jim from Lenexa

Overland Park, KS

#5 Aug 7, 2009
More political games that we don't need. This BS of having to "I'll show you" is just more of what we don't need and all that Washington can do. We need Term Limits and clean both houses out to send a clear message we need things to change.

Judged:

13

10

4

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Door King

Topeka, KS

#7 Aug 7, 2009
Right on Mr. Tibbs. I'm gonna vote up some positive emoticons fer u.
Fireman Joe

Kansas City, MO

#8 Aug 7, 2009
Why can't be get this bastards out of office???? They are so out of touch. It's like Kansas is full of the Deliverance movie idiots as far as who gets elected.
DA DA DINK DUNK DINK DUNK DINK DUNK DEEEEEEEE
its ME

Lenexa, KS

#9 Aug 7, 2009
Nolan Goldberg,

You wrote:

"Senators Roberts and Brownback need to stop blocking the nominees and recognize that the prison at Ft. Leavenworth is one of the most secure places in the world to hold these detainees. Kansas will not be at risk due to their presence. Let's get on with the business at hand."
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!

its ME

Lenexa, KS

#10 Aug 7, 2009
To Patrick Keller,

You wrote:

"I agree with Nolan. I think our Senators are way over the top and completely wrong on this one in the first place. Then to play fast and loose on completely unrelated issues beyond reason. I did not elect Senators to be obstructionists! This can only be because they believe fear-mongering will ultimately gain populist support."

WHO IN HELL ARE YOU?

How can you write that crap when you don't even live in Kansas.
You don't have your city or state listed under your name. There must be a reason for that.

Could it be that Nolan Goldberg and Patrick Keller are the same person? YUP.

Do you really think for a second you can come in here and get away with that stupid crap?
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
YOU'RE AN IDIOT - REGARDLESS OF WHAT NAME YOU USE!

its ME

Lenexa, KS

#11 Aug 7, 2009
To Kansan:

You wrote:

"This bunch of republicans (my former party) is so far out of touch with America. There ae so many issues that need attention, and these guys are acting like republicans, by blocking any improvements of our society. This level of arrogance will be reduced after the elections in November 2010.
Until laws are passed to virtually eliminate lobbiests, America will not belong to 'we the people.' I know this seems impossible, but this is the root cause of Washington corruption. Our representatives do not work for us, they work for special interest.
Comments?"

I am glad you are a former republican, I'm sure they don't want your kind with them anyway.
Before you act any more stupid then have already, I am an independent.

Could it be that Nolan Goldberg and Patrick Keller and Kansan are the same person? YUP!!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!! ONCE FOR EACH NAME -- THREE TIMES.

its ME

Lenexa, KS

#12 Aug 7, 2009
Jim from Lenexa,

I disagree with you and I agree with you.

I think Brownback and Roberts are doing the right thing.

They have repeatedly sought information from the president about a number of things, and they have never heard. They have not been given any cooperation.
Considering the republicans have absolutely no say so in either houses of congress, I do agree with the two Senators.

I also agree with you about term limits. get rid of ALL the bums.
its ME

Lenexa, KS

#13 Aug 7, 2009
Yo Fireman Joe,

I won't even quote you on what you wrote.
It was so incredibly stupid I didn't think it should be seen twice.

"Why can't be get this bastards out of office????"

It looks like you're not getting you daily requirement of vitimans each day.

It's either that, or you're meds are waring off.
Kansan

Lenexa, KS

#16 Aug 8, 2009
MisterTibbs wrote:
You better be quiet before they label you a traitor :-) When your former party was spending like drunken sailors in IRAQ, your former party wasn't worried about the deficits, today the president is spending money in AMERICA and trying to improve the health care in AMERICA, building roads and bridges in AMERICA and what is your former party worried about, trivial things.
<quoted text>
Exactly!(I was never a republican at heart, but to have your vote count in Kansas, that is the party you must register as). I couldn't agree more. And to think the republicans refer to it as Obama's deficit. Why have we let our legislators have a supreme level of medical care, automatic pay raises, lifetime pensions, Mondays and Fridays off for travel days(in fact they only work about 1/4 of the days, paid first class travel, little oversight over campaign donations, loopholes in any campaign reform laws, and much much more. If our representatives were on Blue Cross-Blue Shield, and had to help pay for it along with co pay, they would have more interest in health care reform. But it all comes back to the fact that they work for the people who pay them the big dollars. Even though we pay them way to much, we are not the people they work for. Any legislator who has received funds from the medical industry since 1992 should do the honorable thing, and excuse themselves from the discussions and the vote. If that isn't a conflict of interest, I don't know what is. Our legislators could change all these issues if they wanted to, but they don't. They think they are America's royalty. It is time for a complete change, and to put public service back into our representation.
its ME

Lenexa, KS

#17 Aug 8, 2009
LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER

National Guard asked to explain 'internment' jobs
Campaign recruiting for workers at 'civilian resettlement facility'

Posted: August 07, 2009
11:45 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
2009 WND

An ad campaign featured on a U.S. Army website seeking those who would be interested in being an "Internment/Resettlement " specialist is raising alarms across the country, generating concerns that there is some truth in those theories about domestic detention camps, a roundup of dissidents and a crackdown on "threatening" conservatives.

The ads, at the GoArmy.com website as well as others including Monster.com , cite the need for:

"Internment/Resettlement (I/R) Specialists in the Army are primarily responsible for day-to-day operations in a military confinement/correctional facility or detention/internment facility. I/R Specialists provide rehabilitative, health, welfare, and security to U.S. military prisoners within a confinement or correctional facility; conduct inspections; prepare written reports; and coordinate activities of prisoners/internees and staff personnel.

The campaign follows by only weeks a report from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security warning about "right-wing extremists" who could pose a danger to the country including those who support third-party political candidates, oppose abortion and would prefer to have the U.S. immigration laws already on the books enforced.

The "extremism" report coincided with a report out of California that the Department of Defense was describing protesters as "low-level terrorists."

The new ad says successful candidates will "provide external security to detention/internment facilities" and "provide counseling and guidance to individual prisoners within a rehabilitative program."

To all you liberals out there - is this what you really want?

You cry and whine about prisoner of war, or military detainees, because they are not treated like American citizens.

It seems to me, as Americans, you would be more upset that American citizens who are exercising their First Amendment rights, may be treated worse then the GITMO prisoners soon.
its ME

Lenexa, KS

#18 Aug 8, 2009
Mister Tibbs,
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
YOU'RE AN !D!OT
Gary

Overland Park, KS

#19 Aug 8, 2009
I disagree with the assumption of why they are being blocked. Being nominated for a position by an administration that has no regard for our constitution and the integrity to lead, should never be reason to allow them to serve.
new poster

Overland Park, KS

#20 Aug 8, 2009
Gary wrote:
I disagree with the assumption of why they are being blocked. Being nominated for a position by an administration that has no regard for our constitution and the integrity to lead, should never be reason to allow them to serve.
They are being blocked. It is not and assumption.
What and how has this administration shown no regard for the constitution. Integrity to lead? What is this?
Marie

Overland Park, KS

#21 Aug 8, 2009
its ME wrote:
Yo Fireman Joe,
I won't even quote you on what you wrote.
It was so incredibly stupid I didn't think it should be seen twice.
"Why can't be get this bastards out of office????"

It looks like you're not getting you daily requirement of vitimans each day.
It's either that, or you're meds are waring off.
W-A-R-I-N-G off? Like the blender??

People in glass houses ...
Gary

Overland Park, KS

#22 Aug 8, 2009
open you eyes and use your own mind
Kansan

Lenexa, KS

#23 Aug 8, 2009
Gary wrote:
I disagree with the assumption of why they are being blocked. Being nominated for a position by an administration that has no regard for our constitution and the integrity to lead, should never be reason to allow them to serve.
There is no question that the republican party is attempting to block any and all positive legislation. America is learning that. Look at the last election. The next one will cause a few more do nothings to drop out. A couple are even 'retiring' now to avoid the look of defeat.
Any group that has a drug addict - liar as their spokesperson and spiritual guide is on their way out. Why have numerous republican congressmen actually said thay want Obama's policies to fail. Wow, that's good for America!

I agree with your second thought. But it was the Bush administration that walked all over the constitution. I would suggest you watch some news from an additional source, like MSNBC, ABC, NBC or CBS. I am only assuming that you watch fox news. It is widely known that fox 'forgets' to tell the truth on many occasions. I say this with all due respect, Gary. I'm not trying to bash you.
Have a good evening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 1005
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pat Roberts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat Roberts to bring Jeb Bush to campaign in Wi... 3 hr Mykro 20
Can Sarah Palin save Pat Roberts in tight Kansa... 3 hr kuda 41
Greg Orman discloses assets, investments worth ... 4 hr WeimMom 1
Palin to Campaign with Roberts in Kansas Sep 26 Zippy 45
Kansas court: Remove Dem from Senate ballot - B... Sep 20 Gary 8
Court ruling won't end Kansas Senate dispute Sep 19 jorge 1
GOP Sen. Roberts in fight of political career a... Sep 12 barefoot2626 2

Pat Roberts People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE