Senate heads toward showdown vote on student loans

May 8, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTOP-FM Washington

In this March 13, 2012, file photo Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., joins students at a Capitol Hill news conference to announce the collection of over 130,000 letters to Congress to prevent student loan interest rates from doubling this July.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Black

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

People should get use to it, the Republicans don't really seem to care about creating jobs or making sure everyone has a shot at a college education? All these people really care about is making sure a very few people don't have to pay taxes that's the bottom line! I'm so grateful my parents were able to just write checks for my sister and I in the 80s and we paid for our own graduate school education, but now days potential college students really have it tough, but some way they have to find a way to go, it's tough even with a good education, so imagine not having at least a college education? That's why it's so important to make very good grades and a high GPA in high school, maybe some kind of scholarship? Partial or full anything you can get!
America Is Not The Same

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 8, 2012
 
Idiot
Most colleges today are taught by Socialist Marxist professors.That brain wash kids.
Want to go to collage work for it.
Government should NOT pay for your education to be taught by Communist professors
Student Loan Bubble

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 8, 2012
 
"All these people really care about is making sure a very few people don't have to pay taxes that's the bottom line!"

In that case they've been very successful considering about HALF of all wage earners pay no net federal income tax. Which half do you fall in?

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

America Is Not The Same wrote:
Idiot
Most colleges today are taught by Socialist Marxist professors.That brain wash kids.
Want to go to collage work for it.
Government should NOT pay for your education to be taught by Communist professors
lol, let me guess:

You make under $50k

You have no college education

Youre a tea party supporter
Wake Up

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Pell Grant equals give me some Obama bucks and four baby mommas, what you all givin for free here, the rest of us in the middle class pay our own way, and help our children much, and both the Pell grantee and our kids come out with the same degrees, with a chance to get that job (except in Obummer's economy by 50 percent they can't find work in their respective fields/or are underemployed) and the Pell Grant kid just smiles and grins with the freebie grant, the rest of the kids get a 20 year loan to payback. And Obama says he wants everyone to have a equal shot, what a line of BS that is, welcome to entitlements at their very best.
Wake Up

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh don't pay any attention to that ffs poster he is drowning in indoctrination, and his purpose is to put down, demean, and ridicule the posters who does not wave a Obama poster on here, just look at him like a small pothole on the road! He has nothing else, he can't talk of Obama's record that is for sure LOL! And agree that many of the universities today are extremely liberal, especially being enrolled in certain degree areas which include political science classes. Yet somehow my kids survived being indoctrinated at their respective Universities both public and private.
America Is Not The Same wrote:
Idiot
Most colleges today are taught by Socialist Marxist professors.That brain wash kids.
Want to go to collage work for it.
Government should NOT pay for your education to be taught by Communist professors
Justin Igger

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 8, 2012
 
Wake Up wrote:
Oh don't pay any attention to that ffs poster he is drowning in indoctrination, and his purpose is to put down, demean, and ridicule the posters who does not wave a Obama poster on here, just look at him like a small pothole on the road! He has nothing else, he can't talk of Obama's record that is for sure LOL! And agree that many of the universities today are extremely liberal, especially being enrolled in certain degree areas which include political science classes. Yet somehow my kids survived being indoctrinated at their respective Universities both public and private.....OBAMA 2012!!! <quoted text>
:)

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

The Repukes filibustered the bill. Screwing the middle class AGAIN! Doing everything they can to make the President fail.
Wake Up

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 8, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Yes vetoed, the GOP has a bill version to pay for it with a fund of the preventative Obamacare overhaul, and Obama threatens to veto that one. Why the whole bill will be shredded as illegal by SCOTUS next month or by repeal with our new Prez in the fall anyways Yep!
PlacitasRoy wrote:
The Repukes filibustered the bill. Screwing the middle class AGAIN! Doing everything they can to make the President fail.
J J I

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 8, 2012
 
Wake Up wrote:
Yes vetoed, the GOP has a bill version to pay for it with a fund of the preventative Obamacare overhaul, and Obama threatens to veto that one. Why the whole bill will be shredded as illegal by SCOTUS next month or by repeal with our new Prez in the fall anyways Yep! OBAMA2012!!! <quoted text>
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••