Ohio gets $172 million in housing aid | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

The Obama administration today unveiled $600 million in financial aid for five more states with high unemployment that have been slammed by the housing bust.
Comments
41 - 51 of 51 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WIT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Mar 29, 2010
 
dave sayre wrote:
my house was already taken and now sets empty and unwanted by anyone but me. can I have it back...nope I would have to buy it back for an amount of money that I dont have and if I had had it I would never have lost the house. so now people are getting free money from the government to save thier houses and what do I get...to help pay the bill for them. thank you very much.
you can ask the franklin county karnas who has deed on your house. We had deed, we had monies for pay reasonable amount of monies. we had paid over 50% our principles amont but the franklin county ignorant refree fais and one peakham wanted duouble monies and unlawfully robbered our house. we did not wanted for free as got moron family of karnas policeman and son of pseudo judge of 10th district court of Appeals-petree. It is the Franklin county goverment:executive commissioners plus cheaters, legislative- general assembly ohio -davidson, and justice franklin county. Shame, scandal and disgrace that this kind of didhionor people are robbering houses others , put owners to jail, to prison mental facilities, selling this ownerrs property, stealing cars and what do you want more. Wake up -Ohioans and time for justice on this barbarian staff animals in clouths.
gc res

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Mar 29, 2010
 
Anthony Clements wrote:
President Obama is doing all he can to change the direction of our country. Unfortunately, he is not getting all the help he needs or should because he is of what is known as the "Black American" decent in this country which automatically places him in the not to succeed class. In other words, there are too many caucasians who merely wish failure for the man regardless what the endeavor and/or cause.
We are yet to reach the stage where we are judged solely by our deeds and efforts. Just maybe the Republicans will put all their racial prejudices aside and do something to try to better the people of our nation. Please don't keep trying to convince me that the American public is in favor of this and that and the other when in reality what they are saying is the white majority prays that no 'colored' man will do.
people like you, al sharpton and jesse jackson are why people like me-and i do have black people in my family-think the worst when you open your mouths and play the race card. if you think america is all that bad, i'll buy you a ticket on a boat back to africa where you can become a slave to your own ancestory. its a shame you have no idea the atrocities that are happening in the countries in africa and you blame people of all races and cultures here in the u.s. for your ignorance.and yes, obama fits right in with you, uncle jesse and uncle al.
charlie

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Mar 29, 2010
 

Judged:

2

First of all, when i heard of the $1,000,000,000,000.00 bank bailout and that it "would help the banks cover the costs of foreclosures", I thought now they'll try to foreclose on more people and it won't help anyone and that is so completely true. In the last three years the liars at franklin County jacked up my homes value from $65,000 to $140,000. It also coincided with the exact moment that Fifth Fraud Bank started to escrow my taxes and so i never received a bill. Well in March 2009 I filed an appeal of the real estate value and their decision didn't take place until after 2009 taxes were due in February 2010. The first half of the years taxes were due on january 20th and Fifth Fraud of course paid the Liars at the County almost $2,000 on January 20th when now they admit i owed them less than $1,000. But when I informed Fifth fraud bank that i would handle the tax payments and that I had fled an appeal of the value of the home and while I was paying Fifth Fraud Bank more than what i owed, they quit accepting my payments and foreclosed on my house. They never accepted may's payment but when i made an inquiry since i was getting collection calls every 20 minutes , they wrote me a letter saying they accepted the payment and it was "found" and they posted it, although they did not. They put it into an account called 'unassigned credits". Well i paid them $570 in June and July when the principal and interest were only $332.70. When i went to pay them my August payment I was told my home was in foreclosure!??? Well I had to go to the courthouse for numerous meetings. i wrote the federal reserve bank consumer protection division who sent me a letter dated October 22nd saying that they would issue a report in 60 days. That was the last I heard from them. Well anyway, then Fifth Fraud really started lying and said my July payment was their sending me a check for June's payment. When I asked if they had a check number I was told that they did and that the supervisor, Rick Miller, of this foreclosure department used to work where they researched checks and check numbers and that they would call me back with their "proof". Well when they didn't call me back, I called them when they changed theuir story that it wasn't their policy to give out that information... LIARS> Also they kept that amount of money but never received a cent for the other payments until October 30th, a week after the Federal Reserve Bank contacted me. Now the "deal" they worked out for me is to allow me to pay more than I owe as the taxes were double of what they should have been and my payment of $540/month after a $1,000,000,000,000.00 of taxpayer's money was handed to them was more than my 9 3/8% high interest loan, taxes and insurance would cost anyway. Why don't we tell them to take their 127,000,000 and shove it up their you know what's?
Sean

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Mar 29, 2010
 
If you think about it logically, the money they used to bail out the banks should probably been used to straighten out mortgages to begin with. After all, the money would have ended up with the banks anyway, but the upside would have been a lot less people losing their homes. Now we've got a whole lot of money sucked into the "bank vortex" and we still have countless bad mortgages. An efficient government could have killed two birds with one stone. Then again, who ever accused the government of being efficient under ANY leadership.
Sean

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Mar 29, 2010
 
Taxes2death wrote:
<quoted text>Here here guy average. From now on, anyone who uses the race card has lost the arguement. Sorry Anthony, Obama's policies have nothing to do with the color of his skin...they are just plain wrong and they are destroying America.
Taxes2death- From now on, anyone who misspells the word argument loses the argument. LOL (just f**kin' with you, don't trip) Seriously, I agree with you on the race card thing (and it works both ways) Peace.
Lfod

Pickerington, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Mar 30, 2010
 
Is it not great, how if you work hard , pay your bills on time, do not overextend youself, do without some things to get this done, that bozo and company will: 1 tax you more, 2 subsidize the stupid 3 demand you give more of what you EARNED to those they deem worthy. Why in the hell would anybody work hard for the dc communist to steal it?
dave

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Mar 30, 2010
 
The Prophet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rick...I am one of those homeowners who is looking for a hand up, not a hand out. We've been trying to get a loan modification on our FHA loan that we've had since 1998 due to a loss of income, but despite submitting information to Wells Fargo on 5 occasions over 2 years, we are now in the last few days before our home is sold in a Sheriff's sale. We paid on that mortgage for over 10 years, lost over $35,000 in equity with the market tumbling and are now underwater.
We just wanted a break...we played by the rules, and despite all the lip-service that they want to help homeowners, we've recevied no assistance no matter how hard we've tried. And, adding insult to injury was the fact that a mortgage company, who did not even hold our mortgage note, interfered with our original modification negotiations and filed to foreclose on us. Unfortunately, despite recent court decisions that say you must hold actually hold the note before you foreclose, the podunk Delaware County Court judge allowed them to get the mortgage note transferred after the fact!!!
I agree with you that many folks got mortgages they could not afford, but we were doing ok until I lost significant income in 2008...we've been fighting to save our place since then.
plain and simply you should not of tired to buy a house you cant pay for...its your fault not everyone else's ... you should get no money from the tax payers and you should lose your house if you cant pay for it....we dont want to pay for your house...i dont care how you try to play it...you cant afford your house and now you want us to pay for it...b.s.
Sensible

Orient, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Mar 30, 2010
 
dave wrote:
<quoted text>plain and simply you should not of tired to buy a house you cant pay for...its your fault not everyone else's ... you should get no money from the tax payers and you should lose your house if you cant pay for it....we dont want to pay for your house...i dont care how you try to play it...you cant afford your house and now you want us to pay for it...b.s.
I believe you meant 'you should not of [have] tried to buy a house you can't pay for...'

Not only do you not know how to spell or punctuate, you can't read, either. You failed to notice 'loss of significant income in 2008'... How was he supposed to know that would happen in 1998?

Or what about the other feller who lost his house which is now sitting VACANT and no one wants it but him? And he can't get it! You're looking at the big picture without considering these are individual people who were/still are in need of a 'hand up', rather than a hand 'out'.

And The Prophet mentioned trying to deal with Wells Fargo... what a joke! I would get papers from four (4) different states... with different figures on each one... and NOT a SIGNATURE on any of them! They managed to forclose on me... I filed bankruptcy... oh, wait... wait... I never missed a payment! But they forclosed anyway...

Now a year into my bankruptcy, I have hit a critical impass (read loss of significant income) and STILL could lose my house... Is there any money out there for ME? I doubt it.

But IF you have not been through the forclosure mill, you haven't the foggiest idea of how these banks can twist things in their favor!!!
RICK READ THIS

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Mar 30, 2010
 
The Prophet wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Rick...I am one of those homeowners who is looking for a hand up, not a hand out. We've been trying to get a loan modification on our FHA loan that we've had since 1998 due to a loss of income, but despite submitting information to Wells Fargo on 5 occasions over 2 years, we are now in the last few days before our home is sold in a Sheriff's sale. We paid on that mortgage for over 10 years, lost over $35,000 in equity with the market tumbling and are now underwater.
We just wanted a break...we played by the rules, and despite all the lip-service that they want to help homeowners, we've recevied no assistance no matter how hard we've tried. And, adding insult to injury was the fact that a mortgage company, who did not even hold our mortgage note, interfered with our original modification negotiations and filed to foreclose on us. Unfortunately, despite recent court decisions that say you must hold actually hold the note before you foreclose, the podunk Delaware County Court judge allowed them to get the mortgage note transferred after the fact!!!
I agree with you that many folks got mortgages they could not afford, but we were doing ok until I lost significant income in 2008...we've been fighting to save our place since then.
I work for Chase Home Finance. Contact your Congressman's office IMMEDIATELY via phone. Through the Obama Plan and all the Homeowner Modification regulation, if your local Congressman contacts your bank immediately- they have to cease and desist. And your local Congressman has people employed who are dealing with these communications as their full time job right now. I'm very serious- RIGHT NOW, call your congressman and let them know your situation. I can tell you when we hear from a congressional office, we immediately, by law, have to JUMP and react and it goes to the highest levels of our company to help. Good luck to you.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Mar 30, 2010
 
Where is ALL of this money coming from anyway ????

Democrats in Ohio had 3 swing votes for the Heath Care Reform...

And they had earmarks being sent their way in 2011...

Driehaus - 332.2 M

Kaptur - 294 M

Wilson - 84 M

Not to mention Stupack, MI he's getting - 579 M

And yes, the M is MILLION
Bob

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Mar 30, 2010
 
Anthony Clements wrote:
President Obama is doing all he can to change the direction of our country. Unfortunately, he is not getting all the help he needs or should because he is of what is known as the "Black American" decent in this country which automatically places him in the not to succeed class. In other words, there are too many caucasians who merely wish failure for the man regardless what the endeavor and/or cause.
We are yet to reach the stage where we are judged solely by our deeds and efforts. Just maybe the Republicans will put all their racial prejudices aside and do something to try to better the people of our nation. Please don't keep trying to convince me that the American public is in favor of this and that and the other when in reality what they are saying is the white majority prays that no 'colored' man will do.
We do not want to go in the direction of South Africa or Mexico Anthony, caucasians have standards, that is why so many people from other countries risk life and limb to get here, the high standard of living that obo is lowering.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••