George Allen: Sexual orientation shouldn't factor in qualifying judges

Former Sen. George Allen, who is running to regain the U.S. Senate seat he lost to Sen. Full Story

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2012
No it shouldn't be a factor! If they had said someone wasn't qualified because they were female, black, Republican, Democrat, Christian, Muslim, or Jewish all hell would have broke loose. Just because someone disapproves of homosexuality doesn't mean the other person should be disqualified as a judge. It is no longer a crime in this country to be gay.
NO GAYS - Romney 2012

San Diego, CA

#2 May 17, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
No it shouldn't be a factor! If they had said someone wasn't qualified because they were female, black, Republican, Democrat, Christian, Muslim, or Jewish all hell would have broke loose. Just because someone disapproves of homosexuality doesn't mean the other person should be disqualified as a judge. It is no longer a crime in this country to be gay.
Yes it should! We can't have abnormal people sitting on the Supreme Court, and homosexuality is completely abnormal!!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#3 May 17, 2012
NO GAYS - Romney 2012 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes it should! We can't have abnormal people sitting on the Supreme Court, and homosexuality is completely abnormal!!!
The American Psychological Association is a group of educated people who do not consider homosexuality to be abnormal. I trust their conclusions over ones of ignorant, bigoted, hateful people like you.
Cmon Man

Dover, DE

#4 May 17, 2012
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
The American Psychological Association is a group of educated people who do not consider homosexuality to be abnormal. I trust their conclusions over ones of ignorant, bigoted, hateful people like you.
Hilarious! Although I agree that I do not need to take your sexual preferences into account to determine your ability to do a job, I do take exception to your statement. There are probably more nutjobs in the APA than in most segments of society! You can't delve around in the minds of cuckoos without at least some of it rubbing off!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 May 17, 2012
Cmon Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Hilarious! Although I agree that I do not need to take your sexual preferences into account to determine your ability to do a job, I do take exception to your statement. There are probably more nutjobs in the APA than in most segments of society! You can't delve around in the minds of cuckoos without at least some of it rubbing off!
What's it to you whether there are gay people or whether it's right or wrong "in the eyes of God" (that's what this is really about to you)? It's not your life. It doesn't affect you but for some reason people enjoy discrimination and get sadistic pleasure out of it. What are you hoping to accomplish? More gays committing suicide? This one won't. I'm sticking around for a long time even to spite those who hate the mere fact that I am a gay person that exists. I win by living well and not caring what bigots think for I don't want love or support from evil people.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#6 May 17, 2012
*People enjoy discriminating and get sadistic pleasure out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Allen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bob McDonnell: Mitt Romney will win Virginia (Apr '12) Nov '14 Swedenforever 12
In 2014 midterms, Republicans increasingly see ... Oct '14 Le Duped 6
Redskins Hire Liberal Blogger to Fight Name-Cha... Jun '14 indian welfares 1
VA-Sen: Ken Cuccinelli (R) For Senate? (Nov '13) Nov '13 Jorja Fox 1
Ken Cuccinelli Shows How to Lose the Virginia G... (Oct '13) Nov '13 Kathwynn 67
Tea party hero Cuccinelli is Va. GOP gov nominee (May '13) Nov '13 conservative crapola 9
Post Poll: Tim Kaine opens first lead over Geor... (Sep '12) Aug '13 swedenforever 49
More from around the web