Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
668,981 - 669,000 of 1,095,164 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
new yawk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

PS And if it was just a harmless incorrect statement, then why is The GOP no longer supporting him and asking him to step down ???
new yawk wrote:
Akin didn't make "an incorrect statement".
Like a deer caught in the headlights, or a better analogy:
"A drunken Man speaks a sober mind" ...
"A drunken Man's words are that sober Man's thoughts".
Take your pick. Just because he retracted the statement, doesn't mean that it is not his view on the abortion-rape issue. It IS.
Next, Weiner's "harassment" of Women, was a testament to his moral character which had no effect on setting legislation or policy.
Akin's "incorrect statement" is beyond harassment of Women.
It's setting misogynistic Gestapo policy against Women.
What part don't you understand? This isn't JUST an abortion issue.
It is a denial of abortion to a rape victim who becomes pregnant as a result of that violent act.
THAT'S the difference.
I can't even believe this obvious needs to be pointed out to you.
<quoted text>
leosanus

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You ever consider seeking help? All you ever do is remind us all of your lonely existence.
It's not easy for you being barred from entering Red Lobster and also suffering from the horrendous illness of Obama snakeoil poisoning. LOL

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just going to play devil's advocate here for a minute. You libs don't go off the deep end. Look up "devil's advocate" first.
Seems to me the worst thing Akin said was "legitimate" rape. Now, of course, that opens up a whole can of ugly worms. But maybe, just maybe, he was thinking of that black woman who had accused those three college kids of rape and...stay with me...if she had become pregnant by someone else, it wouldn't have been a "legitimate" rape.
There's no getting around his understanding of the female body being amazingly ignorant, i.e. "shutting down". That was just plain stupid. But, again, just maybe his zealousy about anti-abortion convinced him this was true, and he's only guilty of allowing his good intentions to protect the unborn coming across sounding stupid and ignorant.
Most pro-lifers believe incest, rape and the mother's health are the only exceptions to abortion. Akin doesn't happen to go that far. But does that make him a terrible person? No, it just makes him too zealous, but his opinion doesn't carry any weight whatsoever.
He embarrassed the party and should have done the right thing by stepping aside. Which apparently isn't going to happen. It's just unfortunate he had to reveal his overzealousy - and ignorance - at this particular time.
Okay, now I'm done playing devil's advocate.
But someone will still accuse me of defending him. So I'm prepared.
"Look up devils advocate"? That's pretty condescending even for you. You know what I think the worst thing he said was?

"Legitimate rape rarely leads to pregnancy". Good intentions? Lol. That's comforting. The fact that a person with this level of intelligence would or should have a say in any policies governing this country is a total joke. He re-affirms to most of the country what we already knew about the "Tea Party". The majority are a bunch of batshit crazy, misinformed, lying nitwits. He needs to crawl back under his rock taking his ignorant, backwoods policies with him. Leave the governing to people who understand simple, basic facts when it comes to science and biology. You know, the people with brains.

BTW..Paul Ryan doesn't believe incest, rape and the mother's health are the only exceptions to abortion. Quite the opposite. He's on the same page as Aiken. But maybe not today.
leosanus

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

keyedup wrote:
WELCOME TO TAMPA FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!
Where the Mayor and city council members are all Democrats...
Thats why it's a great city..
so republican scum,,, behave yourselves or get the hell out.Our jail has plenty of room for teabags...
They aren't holding the convention in Haiti, so you won't have to worry.

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

The Mastadons Rush to akins defence
proves the point that you tea party guys
are the only thing holding the President up
your extremist politics will be what re-elects
Our President
thank you
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

How ObamaCare Hurts Seniors continued
Dr Marc Siegel

...a recent Doctor Patient Medical Association poll found that 74% of doctors say they will stop accepting Medicare patients or will leave Medicare entirely because of Obamacare.

I believe Rep. Paul Ryan’s proposal to save Medicare dollars by raising the eligibility age to 67 is a step in the right direction toward saving the entire program.

Back when George was 65, we didn’t have the same preventive treatments available, and people weren’t as well informed about the positive benefits of diet and exercise. Today’s 65-year-old is in much better shape, generally, than George was.

The Ryan plan — which could potentially become the law of the land if Mitt Romney becomes President — makes far more sense for George and the rest of my patients than the excessive restrictions coming from Washington under Obamacare.

The Romney/Ryan plan would keep traditional fee-for-service Medicare as an option while at the same time allowing seniors to use the money to buy private insurance.

This insurance must provide comparable coverage if patients like George select that option.

Private insurance provided to elderly workers or Medicare Advantage are becoming easier for doctors like me to work with than traditional Medicare, which is already becoming more restrictive.

Romney’s plan will provide lower-income seniors like George with more support while allowing richer patients the option of paying out of pocket for more expensive plans.

What’s not to like about that?

Recently, my father-in-law, 85, had an extensive bladder cancer robotically removed through a minimal incision; at the same time, my own father needed two visits to different urologists before he knew for sure that his bladder had dropped into a hernia.

I have a sinking feeling that neither my father’s workup nor my father-in-law’s operation would be approved by Obamacare’s board.

But, in a crucial distinction, they would be covered under the kind of private insurance that the Romney/Ryan plan would allow senior citizens to buy.

Medicare as we know it is more likely to survive by adding options, not by taking them away.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/obamacare-...

i've been passing along this info to all seniors i know...the MSM/Obama lapdogs are not going to report on what ObamaCare means to today's seniors, they're busy scaring them with distortions about Ryan's plan for future seniors.
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain married Cindy, a 25 year old, when he was 43.
Kerry married Teresa, a used 56 year old, when he was 51.
Both women were wealthy, all signed pre-nups, but Cindy was so much hotter! McCain got the sweeter ride!
Grampy making a funny, the only thing an old decrepit goat like you has been able to ride in 20 years is that free hover round that SS bought you, even then someone has to load up that chunk of lard. Meanwhile the Grey Ghost gets the cream of the crop. They basically line up for the "MAN". LMAO
leosanus

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know none of that's true, you VHLB. I don't even think you're a woman. GFY
Reported for abuse! LOL

“Moderately yours....”

Since: Aug 12

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Thank you all for re-electing a senator who was behind
Thank you all for helping Our Presidents cause as well
Tea party a gift that keeps giving
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Grampy wrote:
<quoted text>
Has Trooper, your gerbiling hamster, surfaced yet or are they still stuffing seeds up your butt to feed him?
I see you still have that "MAN's Butt" fetish. How long has it been since you even saw Mr. Dinkers?

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

behind every successful person lies a pack of haters
It's the culture

Barack Obama, our next President
mr owl II

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
How Draconian Is the Ryan Plan?
A balanced budget in 27 years isn't conservative, let alone 'anarchist-libertarian.'
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articl...
the author of that (Robert P. Murphy?) is considered an anarcho-capitalist....

Anarcho-capitalism?
"..that advocates the elimination of the state in favor of individual sovereignty in a free market."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-capitali...

He would be VERY critical of "Keynesian" economics...the ECONOMICS of modern Liberals and Democrats...
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/author...

Not your kinda guy either...
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosanus wrote:
<quoted text> Reported for abuse! LOL
Rat fink, say what?

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Still not talking about obama. I don't blame you.
Lol, don't see you espousing Romney's finer qualities ??? but I might have missed it. Don't read too many of these posts.
Grey Ghost

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosanus wrote:
<quoted text> It's not easy for you being barred from entering Red Lobster and also suffering from the horrendous illness of Obama snakeoil poisoning. LOL
Ghost is greeted with open arms everywhere he goes, all the help also know that he is a big tipper. Women love me and the men fear me.
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is the best the conservatives can do for a candidate???? Talk about a sad bunch of bigoted heathens.
Agreed!

It boggles the mind.

They know Mitt can't win!

So they are just using him?

Spending billions to sling insults at the President every 5 minutes on TV!

During the Olympics!

They really have become gutter trash <------Republicans!

Mitt tells London and Europe: You sckkkk!! The day before the best Olympics in decades?

It's comical! They must love burning money and embarrassing themselves on a "grand" scale!
leosanus

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Rat fink, say what?
Gay Ghost is on parole; one empty cell in the women's lock-up for a while. LOL

“GONE FISHING”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

leosanus wrote:
<quoted text> They aren't holding the convention in Haiti, so you won't have to worry.
No, if it was in Haiti y'all would be beheaded for treason...a Democratic government is the only place you traders are safe..No worries we'll protect your free speech no matter how stupid it gets...
Bill

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

Grey Ghost wrote:
What I see when I look at Romney and Ryan..Two snot nosed, uppity,tight assed rich punks that are willing to say and do anything to further their ambition of becoming all powerful, but neither have a clue as to what it takes to become a real man and never will.
Like Bush and Cheney before them, they have no clue about what it takes to earn a living, hard work, concern for the poor, women's rights, the average working man. All of their knowledge and expertise is self serving and to accomplish that all they have to do is use all you righties like the sheep you have shown to be, and prove here daily.
How any woman or minority along with the average working man could even consider these two stuff shirts as leaders is a sad testimony to their level of being indoctrinated and cluelessness.
Posts like yours keep making us aware of the need to keep Libs out of Congress and especially out of The White House. You nut job anti Americans will destroy our Country given the chance. The last 3 1/2 years bear testimony to that sad fact.

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2012

Judged:

“I apologized but the liberal media is trying to make me drop out.” Todd Akin via Twitter

Would this be the “liberal media” that includes Sarah Palin, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity who are all collectively demanding that Akin drop out? Holy hell, when you say something too stupid for Hannity, Limbaugh and Palin, and you consider them to be a part of the “liberal media,” you’re insanely far-right.

Anyway, it’s too late. Akin missed the drop out deadline in Missouri. You’re stuck with this doofus, Republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••