Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1232507 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Florida

Lithia, FL

#712217 Aug 15, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh....too bad....those Nazi if not for Aryan Klan Parent Hood and all the great free government birth control controlling the numbers of blacks. liberals, browns, and ignorant born fruitcake ghetto queers and gay marriages... The democratic party would not become a remembrance in 20 years...
It's the culture..
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#712218 Aug 15, 2012
They had the Gall to get upset with Col.Allen
West FL.When he Stated the WH is full of Communists
LOL...Bad enought we have the CBC,The Hispanic Org?
When will we have the CWC?? The Caucasian Org?????
Time to speak up folks..After the Election of course.(Obamas Favorite Words) Level playing
field,Glad the Scotus is reviewing the AA Racist
BS..Its only been ten years,Of discrimation vs
Whites???? LOL..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712219 Aug 15, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF is Norquist? Some gay fktard like you?
Grover Norquist And A Radical Tea Party Agenda: What More Do You Need To Know?

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-political-c...
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#712220 Aug 15, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how do you and dem communicate? Or are no words needed when he bends over?
yawn...as predictable as the tide
dem

Chicago, IL

#712221 Aug 15, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>This is a great point. But before we can discuss this further, you need to define "tax the wealthiest Americans less" and "many of the poorest ones more". So let's get some numbers, shall we?
bwhahaha. Uh wait what?
Are you pretending to be an economist now?
Baby steps, gunners bitch.
First try and convince us you're not retarded.
dem

Chicago, IL

#712222 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>sorry ma'am...i don't speak f*cktard
if I may?

She said "Winning!".
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#712223 Aug 15, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>500 billion dollars pilfered from Medicare into obamakare is a waste eggplant...
-
It'sthe culture..
you were up to 724 billion earlier? shock treatment went well today i see
dem

Chicago, IL

#712224 Aug 15, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>Then how do you and dem communicate? Or are no words needed when he bends over?
funny how the grand island granny isn't upset by your words.

Since: May 11

New Bloomfield, PA

#712225 Aug 15, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
This just shows you don't understand. You say bush lost jobs whole obama gained them all the while ignoring the world market. Loony left wingers are so stupid.
So when you right wingers run screaming down the street about 8% unemployment having a freakin fit about Obama, you took market conditions into effect.

You right wingers are such a pack of hypocrites.

You guys keep telling me how great the economy was under Bush.

Now you blame market conditions on the loss of our manufacturing jobs???

I don't totally blame Bush & the Republicans. If you recall,my post was in response from one of your right wing buddies having the typical right wing tissy fit about manufacturing contracting in the last jobs report.

Evidently it is OK to blame Obama for that & not blame Bush for flushing 1/3 of those jobs down the toilet.

I blame people like Mitt Romney & the Wall Street Crowd. Someday I'll explain it.

I blame those who decided to delay corp income tax collection until the foreign profits come back.

And I will Blame Pail Ryan & Mitt Romney & the Republicans if they pass their idea that foreign earned corporate profits are tax free. If you vote for them,. I will blame you too for being so stupid.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712226 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>The 700 billion dollar savings come predominantly from limiting waste, fraud and abuse, mostly in Medicare Advantage, and are budgeted to help subsidize insurance for people under the ACA. As such, independent fact-checkers and news analysts alike have disputed the Romney campaign's characterization.
leave your brain to science for study...clearly you're not using it
Who cares what the Fact Checkers are saying on this topic?

When you remove $714 billion from Medicare to pay for ObamaTax & Care (as vouched for by the CBO) you have removed the money from Medicare. The fact that you attempt to argue with this obvious and common sense knowledge shows you are way too much of LEFT shill.

Now that the issue is ObamaTax & Care is paying for its' funding by taking monies out of Medicare is a settled issue (except for the Left deniers). The claim is that they will attempt to make up for the missing money taken from Medicare by limiting waste, fraud and abuse, mostly in Medicare Advantage, and are budgeted to help subsidize insurance for people under the ACA. To ensure this 'savings" will be protected to pay for ObamaTax & Care there is a panel who will slash Medicare payments to keep the 714 billion secure for the new program.

It was subtle but not so careful slight of hand Fact Checker pulled.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712227 Aug 15, 2012
Romney-Ryan Medicare Strategy Comes Into Sharp Relief

It’s clear the Romney campaign fully anticipated an attack on Rep. Paul Ryan’s Medicare reform proposal. Its premeditated response so far has been quite clever.

Step one: Remind voters of Obamacare’s cuts to — the “raid” on!— Medicare. Step two: Promise to restore those “arbitrary” cuts. Step three: Characterize Romney-Ryan Medicare reform proposal — which reduces spending below current law by 35-45 percent), but not until 10 years from now — as a means of strengthening, not cutting, the program.(To hear this argument more fully fleshed out, see James C. Capretta and Yuval Levin.)

Never asked, let alone answered, is the question that if Romney’s Medicare reforms are so painless, why not demand that current beneficiaries accept them? Why is it necessary to spare them from structural reforms that are so self-evidently “sensible”(Capretta’s word)?(To his credit, Reihan Salam indeed calls for a faster timetable for the premium-support changeover.)

That this Orwellian gambit is being pitched as the bold, courageous, grown-up alternative to politics as usual is, on its face, pretty astonishing.

But I’ve long since lost the ability to be astonished by Mitt Romney and Eric Fehrnstrom’s cynicism.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/romney...
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712228 Aug 15, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
“Paul Ryan and I have been working together over some months to talk about our mutual plans and we’re on the same page.”
Not on the budget.
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#712229 Aug 15, 2012
WASHINGTON, DC, June 27, 2012 - In addition to a ruling on the constitutionality of the Affordable Healthcare law ( Obamacare) law tomorrow, the United States Supreme Court is also set to hand down a ruling on an Affirmative Action case which may impact parents with teens heading to college in the near future.

An Anglo-Saxon white female student who was rejected admission into the University of Texas argued that African American and Hispanic students with inferior credentials were admitted over her using via the school’s Affirmative Action plan.

This case, Fisher v. University of Texas, was a follow up to the last Texas Affirmative Action case the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals decided, known as Hopwood v. Texas. In that 1996 case, the Court ruled the school system’s Affirmative Action program was not narrowly tailored enough to meet a compelling state interest and then overruled a diversity admission policy at the law school. It stated the school could not use race as a factor in admission decisions.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#712230 Aug 15, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
When it's not stoked by the far right media....Limbaugh, Beck and Bill O'Reilly come to mind. The two "BPs" were not "armed" in the implied sense (one had a billy club), apparently did not directly threaten voters, were reported to police and charged by Justice Department officials, one remains under court order. The reason more serious charges were dropped by the Justice Department apparently had to do with more than Glenn Beck's opinion. Were they idiots? Yeah. Did they commit a felony?
A "billy club" is not a weapon? Then why have it, or show it?? Its intimidation, threat. Its a sure bet anyone who has been on the receiving end of a 'billy club' would argue it isn't a weapon? Ask any police officer who carries one??
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#712231 Aug 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
They had the Gall to get upset with Col.Allen
West FL.When he Stated the WH is full of Communists
LOL...Bad enought we have the CBC,The Hispanic Org?
When will we have the CWC?? The Caucasian Org?????
Time to speak up folks..After the Election of course.(Obamas Favorite Words) Level playing
field,Glad the Scotus is reviewing the AA Racist
BS..Its only been ten years,Of discrimation vs
Whites???? LOL..
WASHINGTON, DC, June 27, 2012 - In addition to a ruling on the constitutionality of the Affordable Healthcare law ( Obamacare) law tomorrow, the United States Supreme Court is also set to hand down a ruling on an Affirmative Action case which may impact parents with teens heading to college in the near future.

An Anglo-Saxon white female student who was rejected admission into the University of Texas argued that African American and Hispanic students with inferior credentials were admitted over her using via the school’s Affirmative Action plan.

This case, Fisher v. University of Texas, was a follow up to the last Texas Affirmative Action case the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals decided, known as Hopwood v. Texas. In that 1996 case, the Court ruled the school system’s Affirmative Action program was not narrowly tailored enough to meet a compelling state interest and then overruled a diversity admission policy at the law school. It stated the school could not use race as a factor in admission decisions
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#712232 Aug 15, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
The DOJ orders this program.
Now jason jay claims to work at the DOJ; well if so, you need to be fired.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#712233 Aug 15, 2012
President Obama lit into his Republican rivals over Medicare on Wednesday, repeating the charge that Rep. Paul Ryan’s plan “ends Medicare as we know it.”

“I think they know their plan is not very popular,” Obama said.“You can tell that because they are being dishonest about my plan — especially when it comes to Medicare.”

Romney has attacked Obama in ads and speeches for including $716 billion in cuts to Medicare in the Affordable Care Act. Romney promised to restore the spending this week, even though his own running mate included the same savings in the House Republican budget he wrote.

Obama said he “strengthened” Medicare, noting that the savings came from subsidies to insurance companies and hospitals, not from retirees. He added that the ACA used some of the savings to fund additional benefits for seniors, including an end to the “doughnut hole” on prescription drug costs and an expansion of preventive care.

“My plan reduces the cost of Medicare by cracking down on fraud and waste and subsidies to insurance companies,” Obama said.“Their plan makes seniors pay more so they can give another tax cut to millionaires and billionaires.”

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/08/pre...

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#712234 Aug 15, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try there passing along total and complete falsehoods. The town hall meeting was when Democrats were in control of Congress.
This was what she said word for word:
"I am one of your middle class Americans and, quite frankly, I'm exhausted... I'm exhausted of defending you. I'm exhausted of defending your administration, defending the mantle of change that I voted for. And I'm deeply disappointed with where we are right now.
I have been told that I voted for a man who said he was going to change things in a meaningful way for the middle class. I am one of those people and I'm waiting sir. I'm waiting. I don't feel it yet. And I thought, while it wouldn't be in great measure, I would feel it in some small measure... And quite frankly Mr. President, I need you to answer this honestly: Is this my new reality?"
But keep spreading falsehoods, leosnana. These lies will, hopefully, soon be over.
You pompous ass. You've been chewing on this bone all week. From someone who spends her day spreading falsehoods most of em straight from the mouth of Bill O'Reilly, your post is priceless......

Hart makes clear that she remains a supporter of the president, saying, "It takes a long time [to turn the economy around], especially when you only have four years, and I want him to have eight, so he can truly advance the agenda he’s thinking about."

Any port in a storm, eh?
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#712235 Aug 15, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>

I suck off big black cocks!

I love that go go juice all over my face!

Anyone got a nutty hole I can fill?
-
It's my culture...
Eeeeeeewwww!!!

Keep it in your mouth.....and to yourself......you animal!
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#712236 Aug 15, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
This case, Fisher v. University of Texas, was a follow up to the last Texas Affirmative Action case the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals decided, known as Hopwood v. Texas. In that 1996 case, the Court ruled the school system’s Affirmative Action program was not narrowly tailored enough to meet a compelling state interest and then overruled a diversity admission policy at the law school. It stated the school could not use race as a factor in admission decisions.
I know that SCOTUS had warned that there was an end date for affirmative action.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Senate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clinton's super PAC needs irk progressives 12 min serfs up 38
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Jacques Orleans 189,800
News Carson wins early GOP straw poll 17 min Le Duped 19
News Ted Cruz goes off the rails: 'ISIS is executing... 31 min goonsquad 81
News Meet the Candidate: Carly Fiorina 45 min goonsquad 559
News Former NH gov.: Obama is 'inciting' birthers wi... 1 hr monkey pres 4
News Duggar family joins Rick Santorum on campaign t... (Apr '12) 1 hr Yes Tazo 8
More from around the web