Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
662,361 - 662,380 of 1,085,048 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan said he won't release his tax returns. I guess he's a tax cheat just like Mitt. I believe both their tax returns should be subpoenaed by the Justice Dept. These two shady characters are definitely hiding something.
so is racist scumbag Holder.
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Thousands turn out for Romney-Ryan rally
-
http://www.620wtmj.com/multimedia/videos/...
-
It's the culture...
JEB

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Medicare.
And with Ryan, those healthier younger retirees will have lots of options but insurers won;'t take the really sick & elderly leaving medicare to cover them driving up medicare costs.
Ryan's budget seems to aim at ending Medicare,
Republicans look a bit nervous and seem to explain too quickly
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
How mant times are you gonna be fooled? Those tax cuts for richie rich are gonna kick in soon, right?
Business doesn't need no regulation! Nah.....
So your plan is expand debt and entitlements until we go off a cliff. By the way, anyone ever mention how much you look like wiley coyote?
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama has served his country well by being one of America's greatest statesmen. He is honorably serving in the military now by being the Commander-in-Chief of all of America's armed forces.
Hilarious, he would crap his pants in the field.
Jean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Even though you may disagree with his opinions, Ryan is one of the most intelligent members in Congress today. Of course, there are a lot of dopes in Congress so competition is thin in that regard.
I actually think being able to add and subtract is a sig of intelligence. You? I guess not.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "Ryan's Plan" now. It's "Wyden-Ryan's Plan". Why doesn't that sink in?
Preserving Medicare should be the priority of all Americans - not just the clear-thinking ones.
Sheeeat on a splinter, Carol, but you'd believe Satan if he had an R in his designation. "To listen to the Romney/Ryan ticket, you’d think the official title for their Medicare reform proposal began with the word “bipartisan.” That prefix refers to Sen. Ron Wyden, a Democrat from Oregon who joined Paul Ryan on a proposal to remake Medicare along premium-support lines. Wyden, however, has been angrily rejecting the claim that his plan is similar to Romney’s.“Gov. Romney is talking nonsense,” he said in a statement.

To be honest, however, the two plans look fairly similar to me. So I asked Wyden: How, specifically, are they different? An edited transcript of our conversation follows.

Ezra Klein: Governor Romney says his approach to Medicare reform is bipartisan because you’ve endorsed it. You say that’s wrong. So what, specifically, is the difference between your approaches?

Ron Wyden: My view is that the policies that were adopted by the Republican House majority and the Romney campaign do not preserve the Medicare guarantee. And that’s what the [Ryan/Wyden] white paper was all about. It was a set of options for improving on the existing Medicare system with public and private choices, beefing up consumer protection, adopting a new way to control costs and put Medicare on a budget so you can protect the guarantee.

Probably the two most significant specific differences between what Governor Romney is talking about and the white paper is, first, that the Romney campaign and the governor would repeal the Affordable Care Act. To lay a foundation for putting together a program to protect the guarantee and protect the budget, you need the changes the Affordable Care Act makes to Medicare, like bundled payments and moving the system towards pay-for-quality. Without it, you can’t move to premium support.

The second difference is that the Romney approach completely pulls the rug out from under the poorest and most vulnerable seniors. In the white paper, protections for so-called dual eligibles, the people in both Medicare and Medicaid, are bulletproof. There’s no way to throw them under the bus. Gov. Romney says he’d block grant the Medicaid program and push those cuts onto the people, which would do enormous harm to those people whose protection was at the center of the white paper.

When you wrote the white paper with Ryan, however, Ryan was already pushing his budget, which block grants Medicaid and repeals the Affordable Care Act. Those ideas have been core to the political project Ryan has been engaged in over the last few years. And he didn’t abandon them to sign onto your paper. So how is this different?
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Medicare.
And with Ryan, those healthier younger retirees will have lots of options but insurers won;'t take the really sick & elderly leaving medicare to cover them driving up medicare costs.
What happened to the wonderful paying-for-itself AHA?
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Jean wrote:
TARP, two Bush wars, 3 trillion in tax cuts, prescription drug benefit ..all budget busting..that's what your fiscal conservative Ryan did. Now he wants the poor, sick and elderly to pay the bill.
It's easier to try and fool people, than it is to convince them you have NOT been fooled comrade Jean.. You have a certifiable record of hate, bigotry and cultural malware... And You are Most Likely To Unfriend Your Opposing Views...
-
Jean with a dash of racism, a pinch of bigotry and 2 gallons of sellout..
-
It's the culture....

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

cont. "Mitt Romney is the head of the ticket. And the primary development since the white paper came out was that the House Republicans were not willing to accept what was in the white paper. That’s why I went to the floor when we were debating the Ryan budget in the Senate and spoke specifically against the Medicare portion and voted against it. And there’s no evidence that Gov. Romney will see the world any differently...Which is what the white paper called for — you need the kind of delivery system reforms envisioned in the Affordable Care Act to accelerate the trend toward more coordinated care and paying for quality and bundled payments. If you don’t accept those, and Gov. Romney says just rip the Affordable Care Act up and go to our form of coupon care, you’ll never had have any of these reforms."
Maybe you ought to read the whole thing--or maybe you're just more comfortable watching O'Rally bullying the nun?

fred

Amsterdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Jean wrote:
TARP, two Bush wars, 3 trillion in tax cuts, prescription drug benefit ..all budget busting..that's what your fiscal conservative Ryan did. Now he wants the poor, sick and elderly to pay the bill.
Horshack dead. Victim of ObamaCare death panel.

Ron Palillo dead at 63:Actor best known to TV audiences as Horshack on ‘Welcome Back, Kotter'
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
nydailynews.com ^| 08/14/2012 | DAVID HINCKLEY

Actor Ron Palillo, who played Arnold Horshack on the '70s sitcom "Welcome Back Kotter," died Tuesday morning in West Palm Beach, Fla. He was 63. Long-time friend Stacy Stacco said he apparently suffered a heart attack
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Congratulations: The UAW bailout cost each federal income taxpayer about $357

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120813/A...
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar P .Izzo, the $700 billion comes from eliminating waste, fraud and abuse and increases healthcare for seniors. The CBO determined that it would extend the life of Medicare by eight years.
The Romney Ryan plan also cuts $700 billion from Medicare but decreases healthcare for seniors and ends up increasing out of pocket costs.
There are no 30 million illegal aliens in this country imbecile the number is less than half of that and is dropping and they don't get government healthcare. You're a liar and an idiot P. Izzo,; you always have been and always will be.
What a joke,$700 billion saved from waste, fraud and abuse? Are you really that stupid?

In 3 1/2 years how much has Obimbola saved?

Zero, what a dolt.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
To compromise, you need a partner willing to compromise.
The Republicans were not interested in compromise one bit.
If you think they were, you are more delusional than I thought.
LOL, Obama was incapable of compromise. The only president in my life time that could not reach across the aisle on anything. Carter did, Reagan did, Clinton did and Bush did. Obama not so much.
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think being able to add and subtract is a sig of intelligence. You? I guess not.
Remember when Obama offered a real budget solution? Neither do we
fred

Amsterdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
Biden? Certifiably insane. Paul Ryan? Brilliant.

America gets it.

THEY GONNA PUT Y'ALL BACK IN CHAINS'
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Ann ***** Romney will show up and flash her geriatric skin at him. She keeps trying to interest men but no one cares to touch her pasty wrinkles.
Mitt is buttboy for Ryan now so Ann can share a bunk with Rafalca.
Maybe your mom will pull some more trains for the NFL.
Dumbass, Ann's been married for 30 years to the same man.
boot BO

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

OregonSUX wrote:
<quoted text>
That's RomneyWimp's stock in trade. First Netanyahu and now Ryan and the 17 billionaires who are bound and determined to pay ZERO taxes and run the country into the ground.
Your mom, queen of the diklikkers.

Don't talk to me, retard.
Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan rally draws thousands in N. Carolina:
-
Since the lame stream lackey media did not show up to record the 10,000+ who were there to support the campaign, these pictures attest to Romney & Ryan’s popularity.
-
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2012/08/13/exclu...
-
It's the culture....
Jean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2012

Judged:

All you righties obviously missed the entire health care debate. The health care insurance cartel got all you dummies all worked up about Obama killing granny...even though none of you seems to give a hoot about granny... You remind me of 4 and 5 year olds playing soccer. They all follow the ball someone kicks with no regard to the outcome .
Medicare problems are the result of the skyrocketing costs of medical care in the entire country...indeed the world. The solutions will only come if the entire system is reformed.
WE need a serious, open, honest dialogue.
THe old party held their breath and kicked and screamed for the insurance companies as the deabte went on. Republicans have no plan,,,have NEVER had a comprehensive plan. Their plan is to allow the crony corporations who have created the problem to run the show.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••