Scalia's critics fault justice over politics

Jul 5, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Athens Banner-Herald

Justice Antonin Scalia ended his 26th year on the Supreme Court with a string of losses in the term's biggest cases and criticism that he crossed a line from judging to politics.

Comments
1 - 20 of 36 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#1 Jul 5, 2012
When Scalia has an opinion it's politics, when any of the 4 lefties have an opinion it's "justice".
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#2 Jul 5, 2012
BS...Try Ginsburg,Mayor,Kagan...LOONY LIBERALS ALL!...All his critics are LOONS!....So Whats New??

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#3 Jul 5, 2012
Justice Scalia is now 76 years old.

We likely can look forward to more frequent lapses in his judgement, verbal gaffes, and increasing occurrences of inappropriate judicial conduct as the old man sinks further into his dotage...

When all that happened to Ronald Reagan, he was blessed to have not been given a lifetime appointment to the Presidency.
Gravediggers

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2012
The guy is brilliant!
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#5 Jul 5, 2012
While there is weight to Scalia's intense defenses of the sovereignty of States and his abhorrence of the precedents of expanded Federal executive powers, the winning intellectual argument is that true defense of freedom and liberty in our nation rests with the People through Congress, not through legislation from any Bench.
Gravediggers

United States

#6 Jul 5, 2012
And let's not allow Barack Obama to appoint anymore Supreme Court Justices!

OUT in 2012!

NO to all democrats. They have shown they are UNable to work with other elected officials in OUR country.

We need people who will compromise and work TOGETHER. It's the Obama DIVIDE and Conquer. Obama has NOT unified this country, nor have democrats done that either. They STILL dominate this country with the CONTROL of the Presidency and the Senate!

There ARE Congressional BIPARTISAN (crafted by BOTH democrats and republicans) sitting in the Senate waiting for Harry Reid and the dominant do-nuthin' Senate to act on!

Harry Reid and the Senate have NOT put forth a BUDGET in the 4 years of Obama's Presidency and in the 4 years of their dominance in the Senate.

Time to change that dynamic and vote out democrat senators and put in republican senators!

Democrats CAN'T work with other elected officials!

They had total dominance in 2008 and refused compromise or EVEN an invitation to republicans sitdown and participate.

In 2010, the PEOPLE vote in more Republicans in the governorships and congress to show their displeasure.

Did that propel democrats to work ALONG SIDE republicans...NO!

Democrats=refuse to work WITH republicans

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#7 Jul 5, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
We likely can look forward to more frequent lapses in his judgement, verbal gaffes, and increasing occurrences of inappropriate judicial conduct as the old man sinks further into his dotage...
When all that happened to Ronald Reagan, he was blessed to have not been given a lifetime appointment to the Presidency.
ginsberg is 79...
or, does being a liberal exempt a person from, the frequent lapses in judgement, verbal gaffes, and increasing occurrences of inappropriate judicial conduct?
dumbass.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

#8 Jul 5, 2012
PooPoo Platter wrote:
Stop yer BS..POOP POOP!..like the LOON ya are your PREDIJUICE1,also RACISTS....76?? Ya gotta be kidding!..Still a KID yet..They say Youth is wasted on the young,But with an Old Bag like you ??...no Loss!...With yer idiotic logic,we would have a "SOYALANT GREEN " World..Yer a Green Slime freak as it is....Once again, you,a loon,\shooting yer yap off while not engaging yer brain!

Here below is a list of Some people over 80yrs old.LOOK AT THEM!..A half brain like you of course would be hard to compete with them...So run along now,with yer Hate,Prejudices,Small Brain, and yer dumb mouth...POOP POOP!

http://www.mail-archive.com/sndbox @sandboxmail.net/msg08580.html

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#9 Jul 5, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
The guy is brilliant!
Being a constitutional fundamentalist in these times is idiotic. Scalia is an anal retentive.
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

#10 Jul 5, 2012
And that cant possibly be the case with Sotomayor or Kagen.Nah!Of course not.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 5, 2012
Scumlia stepped far, FAR over the line in his offtopic rant against Obama in the Arizona 1070 immigration case, and should either resign or be impeached and removed. He's not in any way objective, or fit to be a Justice.

And he ought to take his even more incompetent houseboy, Clarence the Cowardly Liar, with him. Two dead birds with one stone, as it were.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 5, 2012
CHECK MY IQ OF SIX wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop yer BS..POOP POOP!..like the LOON ya are your PREDIJUICE1,also RACISTS....76?? Ya gotta be kidding!....blah, blah....
You are literally insane.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#13 Jul 5, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
And let's not allow Barack Obama to appoint anymore Supreme Court Justices!
OUT in 2012!
NO to all democrats. They have shown they are UNable to work with other elected officials in OUR country.
...blah, blah, blah....Democrats=refuse to work WITH republicans
ReTHUGlicans = Refuse to tell the TRUTH
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Jul 5, 2012
Why does Fat Tony Scalia hate democracy so much?

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

#15 Jul 5, 2012
the 3 great minds...harvey, larry and davy...

the left doesn't get ANY smarter than that!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#16 Jul 5, 2012
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Being a constitutional fundamentalist in these times is idiotic. Scalia is an anal retentive.
What is the Progressive/Liberal fascination with the rectal area?
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Jul 5, 2012
Oh no, the religitarded republicunt disapproves. What ever shall we do? Keep on chugging that corporate cock republicunt. I know you love it.
carey529 wrote:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#18 Jul 5, 2012
carey529 wrote:
<quoted text>
ginsberg is 79...
or, does being a liberal exempt a person from, the frequent lapses in judgement, verbal gaffes, and increasing occurrences of inappropriate judicial conduct?
dumbass.
Sadly for Justice Scalia, he's deteriorating at the age of 76.

As you unwittingly pointed out, some persons still function highly despite being older than Scalia. Unfortunately, Justice Scalia regularly crosses the line. It's sad.

'Ol PooPoo joins you in your sorrow.(Think of it as reaching across the aisle...)

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

#19 Jul 5, 2012
CHECK SIX wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop yer BS..POOP POOP!..like the LOON ya are your PREDIJUICE1,also RACISTS....76?? Ya gotta be kidding!..Still a KID yet..They say Youth is wasted on the young,But with an Old Bag like you ??...no Loss!...With yer idiotic logic,we would have a "SOYALANT GREEN " World..Yer a Green Slime freak as it is....Once again, you,a loon,\shooting yer yap off while not engaging yer brain!
Here below is a list of Some people over 80yrs old.LOOK AT THEM!..A half brain like you of course would be hard to compete with them...So run along now,with yer Hate,Prejudices,Small Brain, and yer dumb mouth...POOP POOP!
http://www.mail-archive.com/sndbox @sandboxmail.net/msg08580.html
Uh-oh! I clicked on your link & there was noting there. I hope YOU have not gone "around the bend", with Justice Scalia ...
harvey

Columbus, OH

#20 Jul 5, 2012
ScareyZero wrote:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Great minds discuss issues. Tiny little minds like you point fingers and go 'Nyah-nyaaah-NYAAAH!' like a silly schoolboy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 1 hr Reverend Alan 688
Our Virginia Win Is Extra Bad For Homophobes Aug 21 Love Spreads 1
The Odds of a Supreme Court Vacancy in Obama's ... Aug 13 Lawrence Wolf 8
Did Obama drop Supreme Court hint? WH says no Aug 12 Lawrence Wolf 1
Q&A: U.S. Justice Ginsburg on Hobby Lobby, gay ... Aug 3 Lawrence Wolf 8
Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage Aug '14 WeTheSheeple 1
Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Pro-Hobby Lobby Justices A... Jul '14 Bama Yankee 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••