'Legitimate rape' rarely leads to pregnancy, claims US Senate candidate

Aug 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Guardian

Todd Akin told KTVI-TV: 'If it is a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try and shut that whole thing down.' Photograph: Jeff Roberson/AP A Republican Senate hopeful sparked outrage on Sunday by suggesting that "legitimate rape " rarely results in pregnancy due to a woman's biological defences.

Comments
1 - 20 of 125 Comments Last updated Aug 22, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 19, 2012
Obamaloney.
fatbacks x

Gillette, WY

#2 Aug 19, 2012
And don't mind those squirrels flying outa your ass. That is totally normal for a repubiKan!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#3 Aug 19, 2012
Eighthman wrote:
Obamaloney.
nah, it was some tool by the name of Akin.
seems he may have missed some high school health classes, apparently the ones regarding human reproduction.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#4 Aug 19, 2012
That is pretty sad, but sadder still is the fact he is ahead of the Democrat in the polls.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#5 Aug 19, 2012
Akin seems to embrace the Bristol Palin concept of reproduction.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#6 Aug 19, 2012
Todd Akin told KTVI-TV:'If it is a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try and shut that whole thing down.'

Saayy whaaaat??? ROFLMAO. Good Lord. What is this guy going to say next?: "It's not rape if she is loose down there"???

Since: May 08

Deltona Fla

#7 Aug 19, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
Akin seems to embrace the Bristol Palin concept of reproduction.
It wasn't Bristolís fault. It was all a misunderstanding. Sarah told her to hold a "Bayer Aspirin" between her knees and Bristol thought she said hold a "bare ass friend" between her knees.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#8 Aug 19, 2012
This is, of course, only if the woman sings 'God Bless America' during the rape.

Registered Republicans have are covered at all times, I guess.

Seriously, they are willing to put people like this in the U.S. Senate. Insane.

Should have a voter suppression test with questions with true/false statements like this.

Get it wrong? You're a t-bagger and you're too much of a knuckle-dragger to vote.

Don't get me wrong, this is America, and we currently let knuckle-draggers vote. But these t-baggers and their hateful ignorance is laughable...but dangerous.

Could you imagine idiots like this confirming idiot S.C. Justices?
3OHA

San Jose, CA

#9 Aug 19, 2012
It used to be women attempted to cover their psychological conflicts with claims they "couldn't remember anything", when having "legitimate" sex under the influence of a couple drinks, etc. Now, feminist crap has them claiming rape at the drop of a hat. Naturally, feeling that giving sex should somehow cement their relationships, they are angered when the gutless and characterless men don't respond with the love and commitment the women expect. The conflict introduced by feminist crap into women's psyches allow them to have sex at the drop of a hat, but encourages others to still see them as pigs and things to be used. Queers commonly practice this anonymous and wanton sexual encounter, thus approve of women generally being pigs and used objects. This shows the shallow, angry and usurious natures of feminism and those happy about killing babies for convenience, which always negatively impacts the women, but primarily because of their own lack of character... not rape. This may help some understand what Akin meant by "legitimate." Current gutless, characterless men misleading young women into abortion do if for THEIR convenience. These cowards don't really care about women's rights in Muslim countries, because a woman fooled into abortion, or walking around in a bag is the same thing to them.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#10 Aug 19, 2012
Sounds like he had a joe biden moment...on second thought no one is as stupid as the race baiting joe biden.
Ex-GOP Con

San Jose, CA

#11 Aug 19, 2012
Republican Todd Akin would be wise to let the Republican WOMEN speak out against abortion.

He should focus on passing anti-masturbation laws---tsk tsk so many innocent half-lives snuffed out by a tissue paper....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#12 Aug 19, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
Sounds like he had a joe biden moment...on second thought no one is as stupid as the race baiting joe biden.
Even idiot Joe has never said anything as remotely stupid, or offensive, or subhuman, as this.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#13 Aug 19, 2012
OneRyder wrote:
This is, of course, only if the woman sings 'God Bless America' during the rape.
Registered Republicans have are covered at all times, I guess.
Seriously, they are willing to put people like this in the U.S. Senate. Insane.
Should have a voter suppression test with questions with true/false statements like this.
Get it wrong? You're a t-bagger and you're too much of a knuckle-dragger to vote.
Don't get me wrong, this is America, and we currently let knuckle-draggers vote. But these t-baggers and their hateful ignorance is laughable...but dangerous.
Could you imagine idiots like this confirming idiot S.C. Justices?
Attention one big libelous democRat hypocrite!!! Where was your outrage the other day when a lily white knuckle dragging democRat shot a security guard in the arm? Those knuckle dragging democRats are shooting movie goers, kids and even a congresswoman and not a peep of outrage from finger pointing scum like you...so GFY.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/family-resear...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#14 Aug 19, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention one big libelous democRat hypocrite!!! Where was your outrage the other day when a lily white knuckle dragging democRat shot a security guard in the arm? Those knuckle dragging democRats are shooting movie goers, kids and even a congresswoman and not a peep of outrage from finger pointing scum like you...so GFY.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/family-resear...
We've all seen page after page of idiots cut and pasting posts about a liberal who did this and a conservative who did that, but when you get right down to the nuts of it, people like you that drag such tragedies down to the political level are the type of people that actually commit such tragedies...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#15 Aug 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Even idiot Joe has never said anything as remotely stupid, or offensive, or subhuman, as this.
Attention you pathetic woodenheaded drama queen!!! Give me a break fruitcake...Plenty of blacks spoke out about joe and his recent chains remark and if you were not so stupid you'd see that such words as chains, nooses, boy, etc. don't fly with most blacks especially when they're coming from the piehole of a lily white cracker like joe biden...
The candidate issued a statement below in an effort to clear the air...thatís unlike biden changing the word to shackled. IMO there is no such animal as legitimate rape you gotcha-hungry oxymoron...so GFY.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gop-senate...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#16 Aug 19, 2012
JohnInLa wrote:
<quoted text>Attention you pathetic woodenheaded drama queen!!! Give me a break fruitcake...Plenty of blacks spoke out about joe and his recent chains remark and if you were not so stupid you'd see that such words as chains, nooses, boy, etc. don't fly with most blacks especially when they're coming from the piehole of a lily white cracker like joe biden...
The candidate issued a statement below in an effort to clear the air...thatís unlike biden changing the word to shackled. IMO there is no such animal as legitimate rape you gotcha-hungry oxymoron...so GFY.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gop-senate...
when did
Biden use the word nooses?

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#17 Aug 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We've all seen page after page of idiots cut and pasting posts about a liberal who did this and a conservative who did that, but when you get right down to the nuts of it, people like you that drag such tragedies down to the political level are the type of people that actually commit such tragedies...
Attention woodenheaded drama queen!!! When the perp says they don't like your politics like the shooting mealy mouth democRat said the other day after he shot the guard and the backgrounds of other similar perps points to the same MO then you have no podium thus your idiotic libelous hypothesis stinks and sinks...so GFY.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#18 Aug 19, 2012
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when did
Biden use the word nooses?
Attention woodenheaded drama queen!!! I bet biden's comprehension is much better than yours. Try reading the post again...s l o w e r.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#19 Aug 19, 2012
yes we can...demented
shovel ready jobs...disgusting
forward...despicable

“hi ya”

Since: Feb 12

Manchester

#21 Aug 19, 2012
Well he is scientifically right
(i am glad someone is pushing science)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Todd Akin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Leonard Pitts Jr.: GOP can't get out of its own... Jul '14 Chicagoan by Birth 1
GOP's 'legitimate rape' nightmare is 'Firing Back' Jul '14 boo ya 10
Todd Akin blasts Hillary Clinton for fighting "... Jun '14 American_Infidel 5
Cochran Says He Doesn't Know Much About Tea Par... Jun '14 Hope Changed 1
Will Republicans finally win back the Senate in... Jun '14 Petal Power 8
Capitol Insider: GOP to give Common Core a seco... May '14 Bubba 1
Runoff Elections Could Be Bad News For GOP May '14 conservative crapola 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Todd Akin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••