Army enlisting help to make its bases energy independent

Jun 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Denver Post

The barrel-like oven transforming wood chips into electricity with a Ford auto engine hardly seems like battlefield equipment, but Army officials say it may save lives.

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2012
Solarman

La Quinta, CA

#1 Jun 3, 2012
"In 2010, the department spent $15.1 billion on energy, with about $10 billion going to fuel for jets and ships. Military installations used $4 billion in energy, with 64 percent of that for electricity."

Read more: Army enlisting help to make its bases energy independent - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_2076544...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse "

The energy bill is a huge cost to taxpayers, find a sustainable energy option, save taxpayers money in the long run. The military seems to think it's important to be energy efficient and self sufficient, perhaps every citizen should take a good long look at energy self sufficiency. www.dsireusa.org

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Randy Forbes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 gay Republicans trying to make election history (Jan '14) Jan '14 souper Bowl xlvii 33
Three Gay Republicans Look To Make Election His... (Jan '14) Jan '14 fingiswold 49
Security Risk?Sale of Smithfield Farms to China... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Les 1
Two Va. congressmen get suspicious letters (Feb '13) Feb '13 Crayz MD 2
GOP challenges military march in gay parade (Jul '12) Aug '12 DNF 180
Defense cuts could hit civilian workforce (Jul '12) Jul '12 June 48th 2012 2
Romney Camp Hits Obama on Defense Cuts Made By ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 harvey 8
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Randy Forbes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••