'War' of words returns to party campaign messaging post Giffords shooting

Apr 19, 2012 Full story: The Hill 40

Fifteen months after the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords led to calls for politicians to tone down their rhetoric, Republicans and Democrats are prominently using "war" in their respective campaign messages.A Members of both parties had urged their colleagues to ratchet down the animus following the January 2011 assassination attempt on former Rep.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#1 Apr 19, 2012
Well, WE plan to WIN. Tag Rmoney and I love the fact that Ted Nugent is on OUR side.

That's how Mormon Jesus rolls. The New Testament ain't all that. Get with the new Good Book!
Roger Edgar

Los Alamitos, CA

#2 Apr 19, 2012
My Mom lives in Tucson and most LOVE Gabby.
She has conservative values and has been one of the few remaining "Democrats" who are trustworthy after the diabolical Pelosi Gang took over the Party.
Gabby will be missed.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 19, 2012
Strangely, it's a war where both sides are America's enemies.

ReTHUGs and DIMs both support:

Paying off Wall St.
Fighting endless, mindless wars
Political corruption
the Security State
Our supposedly "two" party system
Overspending on "Defense"

..and many other things I'm sure you can name as well as I could.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#4 Apr 19, 2012
Roger Edgar wrote:
She has conservative values and has been one of the few remaining "Democrats" who are trustworthy after the diabolical Pelosi Gang took over the Party.
Gabby will be missed.
"The diabolical Pelosi Gang," hilarious nonsense.

Dems went over the cliff when the Clintons' DLC (Democratic Leadership Conference) took over the party in the late eighties and early '90s.

Duh!
Justin

United States

#5 Apr 19, 2012
It's been fifteen months since the shooting of Gabrielle Giffords, and Barack Obama's body guards are still dicking around with hookers while their boss is in town. That's what I find unbelieveable.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 19, 2012
Makes sense wrote:
Well, WE plan to WIN. Tag Rmoney and I love the fact that Ted Nugent is on OUR side.
That's how Mormon Jesus rolls. The New Testament ain't all that. Get with the new Good Book!
Nutball Nugent might as well be on the Dems' side, given his outrageous, insane rhetoric which helps drive the independents and centrists even further from the GOP. Go, Ted, go! LOL
Otis B Driftwood

Freeport, NY

#7 Apr 19, 2012
Roger Edgar wrote:
Gabby will be missed.
Don't give me that "conservative values" crap. She's pro-abortion just like Pelosi. Un-born innocent babies in the womb don't consider her "trustworthy" at all.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#8 Apr 19, 2012
harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutball Nugent might as well be on the Dems' side, given his outrageous, insane rhetoric which helps drive the independents and centrists even further from the GOP. Go, Ted, go! LOL
BS. Ted Nugent is one of ours and I'm proud of it!

You probably disrespect Sarah Palin too.

You commie LIBERAL!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#9 Apr 19, 2012
Otis B Driftwood wrote:
<quoted text>Don't give me that "conservative values" crap. She's pro-abortion just like Pelosi. Un-born innocent babies in the womb don't consider her "trustworthy" at all.
Hey, everyone can have a change of heart. Look at Rmoney! Bishop Rmoney is now against abortion. The Book of Mormon is an improved version of the original Good Book. Don't look at it as "falling in line." We can all have a change of heart.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#10 Apr 19, 2012
Independents don't pay any attention to Ted Nugent, or any other nut case. They are looking for the same thing we all are, secure jobs, stable future for our children, an economy we can build on, and the truth. I would rather the politicians would tell be bad news then lie all the time.
Justin

United States

#11 Apr 19, 2012
I can not believe that Democratic leaders, post 9/11 and post Travon Martin, would have the audacity to accuse Republicans of waging a “war on women”.

A war on "women"; don't they get it?

Geeez...
Gravediggers

United States

#12 Apr 19, 2012
Heil Obama!
Gravediggers

United States

#13 Apr 19, 2012
Can't wait for Reverend Wright to give the innovation on January 20, 2013.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

#14 Apr 19, 2012
Justin wrote:
I can not believe that Democratic leaders, post 9/11 and post Travon Martin, would have the audacity to accuse Republicans of waging a “war on women”.
A war on "women"; don't they get it?
Geeez...

Democrats prefer to Divide the Country since they believe in Political Party above all else. They're Filth.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#15 Apr 19, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Can't wait for Reverend Wright to give the innovation on January 20, 2013.
What's an innovation?
harvey

Columbus, OH

#16 Apr 19, 2012
Otis Bones Drifters wrote:
<quoted text>Don't give me that "conservative values" crap. She's pro-abortion just like Pelosi. Un-born innocent babies in the womb don't consider her "trustworthy" at all.
You're dumb enough to think that "babies" in the womb can have political opinions, probably...LOL

(shaking head in disbelief)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 19, 2012
The laughing lunatic wrote:
ReTHUGlicans prefer to Divide the Country since we believe in Political Party above all else. Hate to admit it, but we're Filth.
I have to admit you make a good case, LL.

;)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#18 Apr 19, 2012
Gravediggers wrote:
Can't wait for Reverend Wright to give the innovation [sic] on January 20, 2013.
I'd love for him to give the invocation, and to see the hatred and insane rage from all the Righties. LOL!
harvey

Columbus, OH

#19 Apr 19, 2012
I Make no sense wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. Ted Nugent is one of ours and I'm proud of it!
You probably disrespect Sarah Palin too.
You commie LIBERAL!
Ted and Sarah should get together - not 100 IQ points between them, but they'd have fun shootin' and rockin' and bein' dumb.

LOL! Careful, there's a commie sneakin' up behind you, Cletus!!

;)
harvey

Columbus, OH

#20 Apr 19, 2012
Oh, and Ted? He's a moron, a washed-up has-been who can only get attention from the mainstream public by saying wacky, insane, vaguely threatening things.

He hasn't been musically relevant or successful since, what, the '70s? Some would say, since he left the Amboy Dukes.

Pathetic, really. Just retire to your compound and shoot at critters, Ted. Your day's long past.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nancy Pelosi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Elizabeth Warren was told to stay quiet, but sh... 2 hr Le Duped 144
Nancy Pelosi 'Enormously Disappointed' With Whi... 12 hr Lawrence Wolf 104
Democrats, Obama part on $1.1T spending bill 20 hr Cricket 23 1
Defiant Pelosi Stands Firmly on Left Tue Sterkfontein Swar... 3
Gay marriage (Mar '13) Tue Cali Girl 2014 56,690
Obama, Pelosi rift opens up over spending bill Dec 15 El oh El 33
Congress reaches spending deal Dec 12 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
More from around the web