The abortion fight that isn't

Apr 20, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Politico

Republican legislatures across the country are passing tough new anti-abortion laws - and while abortion rights advocates believe the new laws are unconstitutional, they're not rushing to court to stop them.

Comments
3,301 - 3,308 of 3,308 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2011
First Prev
of 166
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

Jim Hayden wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually here it is again.
In the tradition of the classic Lives of a Cell, but with the benefit of the latest research, internationally acclaimed embryologist Lewis Wolpert demonstrates how human life derives from a single cell and then grows into a body, an incredibly complex society made up of billions of them.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/how-we-live-a...
In November 2001, scientists from Advanced Cell Technologies (ACT), a biotechnology company in Massachusetts, announced that they had cloned the first human embryos for the purpose of advancing therapeutic research. To do this, they collected eggs from women's ovaries and then removed the genetic material from these eggs with a needle less than 2/10,000th of an inch wide. A skin cell was inserted inside the enucleated egg to serve as a new nucleus. The egg began to divide after it was stimulated with a chemical called ionomycin. The results were limited in success. Although this process was carried out with eight eggs, only three began dividing, and only one was able to divide into six cells before stopping.
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_G...
So while Lewis Wolpert theory is futuristic and intriguing as yet We have been unable to prove it scientifically. That leaves us whit one and only one method of creating a new human being.
"Human development begins after the union of male and female gametes or germ cells during a process known as fertilization (conception).
"Fertilization is a sequence of events that begins with the contact of a sperm (spermatozoon) with a secondary oocyte (ovum) and ends with the fusion of their pronuclei (the haploid nuclei of the sperm and ovum) and the mingling of their chromosomes to form a new cell. This fertilized ovum, known as a zygote, is a large diploid cell that is the beginning, or primordium, of a human being."
[Moore, Keith L. Essentials of Human Embryology. Toronto: B.C. Decker Inc, 1988, p.2]
As demonstrated at some point in time an egg must be fertilized before human life can begin. Up until now all cloning is pure speculation as we have yet to clone a single human cell.
My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President
http://www.Jimhayden2012.org
Why do you post all this when it doesn't address the issue... the fertilized egg is not a human being.... nothing here says that it is.

Since: Mar 09

Hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>
^^^example number one of my prior post^^
You SUPPORT abortion as CHOICE, so you are most CERTAINLY *for* abortion. Remember that you proudly consider yourself PRO-CHOICE? Well, abortion *is* one of those choices and THEREFORE,you support it.
Your conclusion is completely wrong.
I can say that i HATE all the Republican candidates for president. I can say I wish none of them were running, and abhor the day ANY of them would ever take office.

And yet I would still defend your right to vote for one until the day I die. A person can support your ability to make a choice even if they personally feel ALL of the choices are bad ones that they would never choose themselves in a million years.

That is the difference between people who want to run everyone's lives and only give them choices that are acceptable and those who believe in freedom.

Since: Apr 07

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

CTEd wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you post all this when it doesn't address the issue... the fertilized egg is not a human being.... nothing here says that it is.
Once again you are expressing your own personal opinion as if it were fact.

Which it IS NOT.

Where is your proof that human life does not begin at the moment of conception?

My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President
http://www.Jimhayden2012.org

“Don't kill me mom”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2011

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are anti-choice.
I am not in favor of the choices, I support the woman's right to....are you paying attention.....MAKE HER OWN CHOICE. That makes me pro-choice.
I am most certainly not 'sitting on the fence'. You apparently don't know what that phrase means, Stupid Sassy. Either that, or you're lying, again.
Your melodrama it duly noted. Untrue, but duly noted.

You claim to support whatever choice she makes. THAT includes killing a living human life. I,OTOH,do not support THAT choice that includes killing. THAT is the line here on this debate that makes one either proabort or prolife.

You are ashamed to admit your full stance. You even have Doc down your throat because of your inconsistent views. People are on to your deception bitler. You're a TYPICAL posterchild for a flaky so called pro-CHOICER who sits on a fence.

You have no problem with women having the right to have abortions in the cases of sex selection or elective LTA's either then?

zef

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

CTEd wrote:
<quoted text>
You are crazy... you need to take reading comprehension.. never said cake was a lifeform... said it was a metaphor... look up metaphor and read the post again, perhaps you will understand.
Not at all sure why cannibalism is a better metaphor for preganncy... clearly it's not... not even worth mentioning really.
If you can you the right to privacy as an excuse for butchering innocent babies with abortion, how can I not use the the right to privacy as as an excuse for protecting my eyes with dark glasses? As least I'm not slaughtering defenseless humans.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

zef wrote:
<quoted text>If you can you the right to privacy as an excuse for butchering innocent babies with abortion, how can I not use the the right to privacy as as an excuse for protecting my eyes with dark glasses? As least I'm not slaughtering defenseless humans.
Wear the damned glasses. We don't give a shit. I doubt anyone else does, either.

zef

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wear the damned glasses. We don't give a shit. I doubt anyone else does, either.
The hordes of pro-choicers that stalk and harrass me suggest otherwise, while what they should be concerned about are all the men that wear outdoor shoes indoors, thats what is truly offensive, displaying naked flesh in public certainly has nothing to do with a persons right to privacy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

zef wrote:
<quoted text>The hordes of pro-choicers that stalk and harrass me suggest otherwise, while what they should be concerned about are all the men that wear outdoor shoes indoors, thats what is truly offensive, displaying naked flesh in public certainly has nothing to do with a persons right to privacy.
You're just insane. That's all there is to it. You're a paranoid and delusional.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 166
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Representative Mary Fallin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Challenges to gay marriage bans: Where they stand Aug 25 Lawrence Wolf 67
Hugo Gymnastics Coach Convicted On All Charges ... Aug 21 curious bystander 1
NJ Gov. Christie visits OKC with Gov. Fallin Aug 21 Straw Grasping Te... 1
US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay marriage ban Jul '14 karlschneider 26
Oklahoma residents get ready to circulate petit... Jul '14 todd 1
U.S. Residential Solar Just Beat Commercial Ins... Jun '14 Alison Young 2
Okla. lawmakers return to Capitol to enact budget May '14 conservative crapola 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Representative Mary Fallin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••