We can still blame mess on George

Full story: The Reporter 9
For nearly the past four years, Congress has been run by Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and the far-left progressive arm of the Democratic Party. Full Story
Richisright

Woodland, CA

#1 May 26, 2010
Carl, Great LETTER! You are sooo right. George Miller has been integral to the PROBLEMS plaguing our state and our country - NO solution is he.
It is sickening that the people of this state continue to vote for progrossives like Miller. fyi - Miller makes $175K per year and will eventually retire with a package that 99% of Americans could never hope to receive, including the finest healthcare money can buy (the PEOPLE'S money!)
Well, no one ever went broke under-estimating the American public - Miller is a sterling example.
FWIW

Lafayette, CA

#2 May 26, 2010
Richisright wrote:
Carl, Great LETTER! You are sooo right. George Miller has been integral to the PROBLEMS plaguing our state and our country - NO solution is he.
It is sickening that the people of this state continue to vote for progrossives like Miller. fyi - Miller makes $175K per year and will eventually retire with a package that 99% of Americans could never hope to receive, including the finest healthcare money can buy (the PEOPLE'S money!)
Well, no one ever went broke under-estimating the American public - Miller is a sterling example.
Fact of life: Democrat or Republican - He who holds the gold makes the rules. Life will never be fair.

Oh, while the Congress writes and passes the legislation, it's the President who either signs the bills into law or affixes a veto on the bill and sends it back to Congress.

The buck stops where?
Richisright

Woodland, CA

#3 May 26, 2010
FWIW wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact of life: Democrat or Republican - He who holds the gold makes the rules. Life will never be fair.
Oh, while the Congress writes and passes the legislation, it's the President who either signs the bills into law or affixes a veto on the bill and sends it back to Congress.
The buck stops where?
FW - you seem to cynically gloss over the stark FACT that this nation was FOUNDED precisely BECAUSE we were sick and tired of having those with the gold make the rules! We have a Constitution, Declaration and Bill of Rights to which our representatives (Dem and Rep) SWEAR allegiance! Shall we allow them to simply get away with crapping on their oaths of office?
I grant you, we have morphed into a somewhat benign oligarchy, but that in no way means we must accept it.
Our Founders refused to be ruled by King George, despite his immense stores of gold, and the TEA Patriots of today refuse to accept or endorse an ever-growing government class whose very existence tramples upon our individual liberties. Miller is part and parcel of the ruling class.
Robert Urbanek

Vacaville, CA

#4 May 26, 2010
Yes, we can still blame George W. Bush. The BP oil spill is a direct legacy of the cozy relationship between regulators and the oil industry encouraged by the Bush administration. The Minerals Management Service rubberstamped every drilling operation, a lack of oversight that let BP pursue a hasty and reckless course.

If President Obama had listened more to the “environmental extremists” instead of the “drill, baby, drill” crowd, he would cracked down immediately on the offshore drillers and the Deepwater Horizon disaster might never have happened.
Richisright

Woodland, CA

#5 May 26, 2010
Robert Urbanek wrote:
Yes, we can still blame George W. Bush. The BP oil spill is a direct legacy of the cozy relationship between regulators and the oil industry encouraged by the Bush administration. The Minerals Management Service rubberstamped every drilling operation, a lack of oversight that let BP pursue a hasty and reckless course.
If President Obama had listened more to the “environmental extremists” instead of the “drill, baby, drill” crowd, he would cracked down immediately on the offshore drillers and the Deepwater Horizon disaster might never have happened.
So.. using your logic we can blame 9/11 and the pension scandels on President Bill Clinton. They occured on Bush's watch, but were hatched under Clinton.
We can blame the Bush recession on Bill Clinton as well, since every economist agrees the "Bush recession" began 8-10 months prior to his oath of office.
Where does the buck stop?
Robert Urbanek

Vacaville, CA

#6 May 26, 2010
Richisright wrote:
<quoted text>
So.. using your logic we can blame 9/11 and the pension scandels on President Bill Clinton. They occured on Bush's watch, but were hatched under Clinton.
We can blame the Bush recession on Bill Clinton as well, since every economist agrees the "Bush recession" began 8-10 months prior to his oath of office.
Where does the buck stop?
Yes, Obama does share the fault and his fault was in deferring too much to the oil industry and not listening enough to the environmentalists. There was TOO LITTLE government. Government regulators should have been all over the Deepwater Horizon, like white on rice.
Jimmy

San Jose, CA

#7 May 26, 2010
Of course Carl,the left wing communists will continue to blame Bush for all of their miserable failures for the next three years!!!
Good Neighbor

Vacaville, CA

#9 May 30, 2010
GITC wrote:
Impeach Obama. Kenya's missing an ***.
Seriously!? You still believe that?!
Mike

San Francisco, CA

#10 May 30, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
Of course Carl,the left wing communists will continue to blame Bush for all of their miserable failures for the next three years!!!
Just like Ronald Reagan was blaming Jimmy Carter for troubles and failures well into his (Reagan's) second term?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

George Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1.5 million pensioners may soon see benefit cuts Wed Swedenforever 33
Congress losing last WWII vets, a tea party fave Wed NormanRockwall 1
Congressional deal would allow benefit reductio... Dec 12 Sterkfontein Swar... 26
Pelosi Election Day lunch not quite a party Nov '14 Reality Check 25
Warren: Allow Student Loan Borrowers To Refinance (May '14) May '14 Justin 3
Democrats Pledge to Extend Minimum Wage (Jan '07) Apr '14 swedenforever 4
Oil Companies Could Get $9B Royalty Break (Feb '06) Apr '14 andet1987 9
More from around the web