Navy Names Ship For Former Congressman Giffords

Feb 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Baltimore News

The Navy has named a ship for Gabrielle Giffords, the recently retired congresswoman from Arizona who is recovering from a gunshot wound to the head received in January 2011.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
S-N-A-F-U

Chandler, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like honoring those who fell victim to 9/11 attack was just being "politically correct".
Give us a break.
We had a standing Congress woman almost assassinated. If the navy wants to recognize this and relating it to her support of the Military, so be it.
Where do folks on the right get off on criticizing the decision of the Military. You folks are all for "deferring" to the Military until the Military makes a decision you don't like.
Sorta like Newt wanting to arrest Judges for decisions he doesn't like.
What has that got to do with 9-11? We're talking about breaking precedent, by naming a warship after some one that is still living. This is nothing but libtard political correctness over a time honored naval tradition.

This doesn't come from the military, it comes right out of the WH from a person that has no idea of military protocoll or anything else for that matter. Wise up!

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

S-N-A-F-U wrote:
<quoted text>
What has that got to do with 9-11? We're talking about breaking precedent, by naming a warship after some one that is still living. This is nothing but libtard political correctness over a time honored naval tradition.
This doesn't come from the military, it comes right out of the WH from a person that has no idea of military protocoll or anything else for that matter. Wise up!
Uh...I think it's you that needs to "wise up". Here...let me help you: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/names...

See? Now you know a little about how Navy vessels are named and your a little wiser. Have a nice day!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Jim Trebowski wrote:
<quoted text> Uh...I think it's you that needs to "wise up". Here...let me help you: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/names...
See? Now you know a little about how Navy vessels are named and your a little wiser. Have a nice day!
They named a ship the "Sarah Palin", but it only ran for like 18 months and then dry docked itself. It's little tug boat got into trouble for having a canoe out of ship's registry, however.
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Soon enough we are going to have to have an underground to spread the word on deeds of real heroes who save others and/or fight for liberty and freedom. This is like grade school or junior leagues for kids where no one wins only this is for real and for adults.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>They named a ship the "Sarah Palin", but it only ran for like 18 months and then dry docked itself. It's little tug boat got into trouble for having a canoe out of ship's registry, however.
The of course, there's the "Marcus Bachman". It's just faaaaaaaabulous.
Tucksun Jack

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

S-N-A-F-U wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in her district, and I have to admit she did a good job on military issues. However, naming a ship of war after one that is still alive is breaking precedence -- just another incident on how this government is devolving and aquessing to political correctness...
I agree. I liver in her district also, just a couple of blocks where the tragic shooting took place.

It's a travesty to name a ship for her though.
Whitnee Houston

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Tucksoooooooooooooooon Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
safe way foodstamp!
sing along dis song!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Ship For

AND WHAT ABOUT THE FEDERAL JUDGE JOHN ROLL? THE VICTIM OF THE OBAMA REGIMES ASSASSINS?

WILL THE SHIP'S LIFEBOAT BE NAMED AFTER THE FEDERAL JUDGE WHO ANGERED THE REGIMES ASSASSINS WHO THEN MURDERED THE FEDERAL JUDGE IN ARIZONA 'CAUSE HIS RULING ON OBAMA'S BIRTH DOCUMENTS WOULD DISQUALIFY THE KENYAN FROM RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT?

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

DENG wrote:
Ship For
AND WHAT ABOUT THE FEDERAL JUDGE JOHN ROLL? THE VICTIM OF THE OBAMA REGIMES ASSASSINS?
WILL THE SHIP'S LIFEBOAT BE NAMED AFTER THE FEDERAL JUDGE WHO ANGERED THE REGIMES ASSASSINS WHO THEN MURDERED THE FEDERAL JUDGE IN ARIZONA 'CAUSE HIS RULING ON OBAMA'S BIRTH DOCUMENTS WOULD DISQUALIFY THE KENYAN FROM RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT?
Quack quack quack. How about one from column A and one from column B and fortune cookies, please? Your theories are so far out they are not even worth commenting on. Save your time. And get me a Tsing Tao beer.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Whitnee Houston wrote:
<quoted text>
safe way foodstamp!
sing along dis song!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I knew your mom in Vietnam. She used to make Joe feel real good. That's why each of your limbs is a different color. All those men she took on for rice cakes.
DENG

Zhenjiang, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

from

DON'T CHA KNOW, MURDER IS A PART OF AMERIHELL'S POLITICS?

DENG wrote:

Ship For

Quack quack quack. How about one from column A and one from column B and fortune cookies, please? Your theories are so far out they are not even worth commenting on. Save your time. And get me a Tsing Tao beer.
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Quack quack quack. How about one from column A and one from column B and fortune cookies, please? Your theories are so far out they are not even worth commenting on. Save your time. And get me a Tsing Tao beer.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

DENG wrote:
from
DON'T CHA KNOW, MURDER IS A PART OF AMERIHELL'S POLITICS?
DENG wrote:
Ship For
<quoted text>
Let's have some dim sum while we are waiting and spring rolls.
Tucksun Jack

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Let's have some dim sum while we are waiting and spring rolls.
And we'll read Mao's Little Red Book while we're waiting for it.

:)
Betty White

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I knew your mom in Vietnam. She used to make Joe feel real good. That's why each of your limbs is a different color. All those men she took on for rice cakes.
CAer! twin kitty... i dun't said mom...mi call mama! ;-0000h, it's hot in Palm Spring, CAer...just bee Hollywood Housing! driving on I-10 ;-0000
Betty White

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I knew your mom in Vietnam. She used to make Joe feel real good. That's why each of your limbs is a different color. All those men she took on for rice cakes.
do U Kno yo High School Teachear didnt tell U Vietnum is not da Country!! it"s Try+count ;-000h, no wonder Kevin Johnson CAcapital mayor run da USa! ;-000h, hop U no Obamad again! CAer ;-00
Betty White

Nha Trang, Vietnam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Let's have some dim sum while we are waiting and spring rolls.
;-000000h, spring roll fry on Palm nut oil spring in CA ;-000
Tucksun Jack

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

I'm watching Betty White on tv rite now.

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••