Maine Caucus Offers an Opportunity for Paul

Feb 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: 538dotcom

Maine does not like to do things by the book. The state's officeholders include two fairly conventional liberal Democrats, Representatives Chellie Pingree and Mike Michaud; two extremely moderate Republican Senators, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins; and a conservative, Tea Party-backed governor in Paul R. LePage.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Feb 12, 2012
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Of course! Why not?

Poll: 20 Percent Of Republicans Would Vote Obama Given GOP Field

February 10, 2012 by Sam Rolley

UPI

A new poll indicates that many are unhappy with Presidential choices.

A recent poll conducted by WND and Wenzel Strategies finds that in match ups against Republican Presidential candidates, about 20 percent of Republicans said they would vote for Barack Obama for President.

The poll was conducted by telephone Feb. 1-3, 2012, and has a margin of error of 3.44 percentage points.

“The improvement in Obama’s prospects compared to the four remaining Republican challengers stems largely from two factors,” said pollster Fritz Wenzel.“First, Obama has largely avoided the political limelight while the GOP candidates savage each other with increasing intensity. Second, a smattering of evidence indicates that the economy is getting a little better, which helps the White House in the eyes of the voters. Secondly, the bloody fight for the Republican presidential nomination — by most estimations the nastiest GOP fight in memory — has really hurt the images of the challengers in the eyes of both Republicans and, especially, independent voters. For Republicans, each candidate carries with them now some taint that cannot be ignored.”

According to the poll results, Obama would likely beat any Republican if the election were held today, though Ron Paul has the best chance of beating him. Obama leads Paul in the poll 44 percent to 40 percent, with 16 percent undecided. Also from the poll, Mitt Romney is within single digits of Obama, 48 percent to 41 percent, and has a commanding lead over Newt Gingrich, 50 percent to 36 percent, and Rick Santorum, 49 percent to 34 percent.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

@Makes sense

I don't know who the people were that took that poll but I can't see any Republican saying they would vote for Obama even if Alfred E. Neuman was running against him.
Lance Winslow

Martinez, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
@Makes sense
I don't know who the people were that took that poll but I can't see any Republican saying they would vote for Obama even if Alfred E. Neuman was running against him.
Right now, "I am not Romney" is leading in the GOP primaries two to one.
Ron Paul 4 Pres

Nantong, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
Of course! Why not?
Poll: 20 Percent Of Republicans Would Vote Obama Given GOP Field
February 10, 2012 by Sam Rolley
UPI
A new poll indicates that many are unhappy with Presidential choices.
A recent poll conducted by WND and Wenzel Strategies finds that in match ups against Republican Presidential candidates, about 20 percent of Republicans said they would vote for Barack Obama for President.
The poll was conducted by telephone Feb. 1-3, 2012, and has a margin of error of 3.44 percentage points.
“The improvement in Obama’s prospects compared to the four remaining Republican challengers stems largely from two factors,” said pollster Fritz Wenzel.“First, Obama has largely avoided the political limelight while the GOP candidates savage each other with increasing intensity. Second, a smattering of evidence indicates that the economy is getting a little better, which helps the White House in the eyes of the voters. Secondly, the bloody fight for the Republican presidential nomination — by most estimations the nastiest GOP fight in memory — has really hurt the images of the challengers in the eyes of both Republicans and, especially, independent voters. For Republicans, each candidate carries with them now some taint that cannot be ignored.”
According to the poll results, Obama would likely beat any Republican if the election were held today, though Ron Paul has the best chance of beating him. Obama leads Paul in the poll 44 percent to 40 percent, with 16 percent undecided. Also from the poll, Mitt Romney is within single digits of Obama, 48 percent to 41 percent, and has a commanding lead over Newt Gingrich, 50 percent to 36 percent, and Rick Santorum, 49 percent to 34 percent.
This information is inaccurate. Polls are always within a 4% margin of error either way. It is as likely that Paul leads Obama 44% to 40%. Or in other words, they are in a dead heat with 16 percent undecided, which again does not mean they are against Paul, they just don't know who the nominee is going to be yet.
boris

Ravenna, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

I love Walter Mondale
Cat74

Barrington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

First, the candidates have to get 1,144 delegates to get the nomination. As of February 11th Romney has 112 delegates, Santorum has 72 delegates, Gingrich has 32 delegates, and Paul has 9. All have won at least one primary, or caucus except Paul. His 9 delegates come from getting a proportion of votes in a primary state.
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Ron Paul 4 Pres wrote:
<quoted text>
This information is inaccurate. Polls are always within a 4% margin of error either way. It is as likely that Paul leads Obama 44% to 40%. Or in other words, they are in a dead heat with 16 percent undecided, which again does not mean they are against Paul, they just don't know who the nominee is going to be yet.
I'm for RON PAUL 2012!
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Just Sayin wrote:
@Makes sense
Good luck with that. LOL
Ron Paul 4 Pres

Nantong, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
First, the candidates have to get 1,144 delegates to get the nomination. As of February 11th Romney has 112 delegates, Santorum has 72 delegates, Gingrich has 32 delegates, and Paul has 9. All have won at least one primary, or caucus except Paul. His 9 delegates come from getting a proportion of votes in a primary state.
We already know that Paul is going to gain the delegates of 18 states for a sum total of 466 by proxy. This is a given.

Paul will be the clear front runner by June.

Just watch.
Cat74

Barrington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

You live in la la land. Paul is not going to win 18 states. He won't win one state outright. He may share a few states, but he is not a winner. No one wants him. He is a kook. He has no foreign policy He talks about the Constitution like it was just written, and he is the only one who knows what it says. He appeals to the very young, but they elected Obama, and that was with much help from people who wanted to cast a famous vote for the first black guy, they won't do it again.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Ron Paul 4 Pres wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know that Paul is going to gain the delegates of 18 states for a sum total of 466 by proxy. This is a given.
Paul will be the clear front runner by June.
Just watch.
You seem to know an awful lot about the election. What are you doing in China?
Cat74

Barrington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

I know an awful lot about that little guy, Paul. I have watched him run for President 3 times. He is no closer this time then he was the last 2 times. You are very naive.
Just Sayin

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Cat74 wrote:
I know an awful lot about that little guy, Paul. I have watched him run for President 3 times. He is no closer this time then he was the last 2 times. You are very naive.
And how many times has Romney run?

If Ron Paul got as much free publicity as Romney he would be our president by now.
Karl

Hanover, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Just Sayin wrote:
@Makes sense
Ron Paul is the best and really honest candidate. You should not be very sad, if he would be president. The next congress and senate will be democratical. Ron Paul will change this bad foreign policy, he will not hurt own country, democratical senate and congress will help to him. It would be optimally for everybody if he would win.

“Kenyan Constitution Cannibal”

Since: Jan 12

Witchdoctor Head Shrinker

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

It's nice to hear about a "caucus system", since the Kenyan commie lizard and his commiecrats operate under a "caca system".

And Americans are fed up with their sh!t.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Representative Chellie Pingree Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maine tidal power company awarded $5 million in... (Aug '13) Aug '13 susan 1
Maine initiates track inspections (Aug '13) Aug '13 oIL burned abnorm... 1
Oil train safety rule delayed by 1 year (Jul '13) Jul '13 Chris 1
Quebec Rail Accident Focuses Attention on Tanke... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ronny 1
House committee advances bill to aid military v... (May '13) May '13 alvin e thomas 1
Fire damage raises questions about sub's future (May '12) May '12 CHECK SIX 3
Poll gives big early lead to King in Senate race (Apr '12) Apr '12 lobsterplanker 2

Search the Representative Chellie Pingree Forum:
•••