Mitt Romney's Bain and tax woes overshadow campaign

Jul 16, 2012 Full story: www.guardian.co.uk 26

Mitt Romney refuses to release tax returns as his record at Bain Capital remains in the campaign spotlight - live coverage Republican candidate Mitt Romney faces questions over his role at Bain Capital and tax records.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Advisor

Llano, TX

#1 Jul 16, 2012
Mit, remember the crap Obama took about not releasing the a copy of his "origional" birth certificate. He finally gave in and most (though not the crazies) have put the issue to rest. You can release whatever it takes to make the Bain and tax issues go away.
I doubt there is anything damaging there, you know, so if this is warm BS put it to rest, release stuff and have your lawyers/accountants explain. There are real and important issues facing the country and that is what we need to be debating.(ps -forget the crazies)

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#2 Jul 16, 2012
he oughta negotiate: ok, mr. president, i'll show you my tax records for 10 years if you show me your college and law school records.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#3 Jul 17, 2012
Mr Romney's tax returns will tell if he was CEO & President of BAIN when Bain closed US Factories (1999-2003) and export the equipment and jobs to the orient.

Tell us true, Mitt, show your 1040. Were you BIG boss then or not, at Bain Capital?

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#5 Jul 17, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
Mr Romney's tax returns will tell if he was CEO & President of BAIN when Bain closed US Factories (1999-2003) and export the equipment and jobs to the orient.
Tell us true, Mitt, show your 1040. Were you BIG boss then or not, at Bain Capital?
if you had any concept of private equity and venture capital, you would know that "closing factories" is a last resort. they buy in to companies hoping to resurrect and make profitable. sometimes they are not successful. bain was highly successful in most cases. the obama ad on the closing steel mill neglects to mention that bain ran the company for 8 years and invested $100 million. your ed schultz talking points are quite weak.
Old Coastie

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
Mr Romney's tax returns will tell if he was CEO & President of BAIN when Bain closed US Factories (1999-2003) and export the equipment and jobs to the orient.
Tell us true, Mitt, show your 1040. Were you BIG boss then or not, at Bain Capital?
It's aLteady public record. Romney left Bain to run the Olympics two years before his name was taken off the records. His own border of directors said he had nothing to do with running the company. In fact they had a lot of problems getting him to come back after the Olympics to get his name off of it and buying out his share of the company.
In emails, correspondence and all legal papers Mitt Romney had nothing to do with running Bain capital yet the left keeps on crying anout it hoping to distract from Obama's dismal record
Old Coastie

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2012
Advisor wrote:
Mit, remember the crap Obama took about not releasing the a copy of his "origional" birth certificate. He finally gave in and most (though not the crazies) have put the issue to rest. You can release whatever it takes to make the Bain and tax issues go away.
I doubt there is anything damaging there, you know, so if this is warm BS put it to rest, release stuff and have your lawyers/accountants explain. There are real and important issues facing the country and that is what we need to be debating.(ps -forget the crazies)
There's some logic in your comment but I would like to add a few things.
Why should he release his tax forms? I never heard about this being rich make your bed president when John Kerry was running.
John Kerry had money in offshore accounts.
True unlike mitt Romney John Kerry did not earn his money but married somebody that inherited it. Not one dime earned. Where was all the naysayers then about money offshore accounts and companies. I guess according to the left you have to never have a job never make a business decision to qualify as president. Look where that's got us.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#8 Jul 17, 2012
GoodNewz wrote:
<quoted text>
if you had any concept of private equity and venture capital, you would know that "closing factories" is a last resort. they buy in to companies hoping to resurrect and make profitable. sometimes they are not successful. bain was highly successful in most cases. the obama ad on the closing steel mill neglects to mention that bain ran the company for 8 years and invested $100 million. your ed schultz talking points are quite weak.
No, it is an economic decision to do everything the cheapest, meansest, way; nothing more.

Don't romanticize legal piratery.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#9 Jul 17, 2012
Old Coastie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's aLteady public record. Romney left Bain to run the Olympics two years before his name was taken off the records. His own border of directors said he had nothing to do with running the company. In fact they had a lot of problems getting him to come back after the Olympics to get his name off of it and buying out his share of the company.
In emails, correspondence and all legal papers Mitt Romney had nothing to do with running Bain capital yet the left keeps on crying anout it hoping to distract from Obama's dismal record
By his "word" alone, he left.

Was he still paid as President & CEO?
We know Romney profited, he is only denying responsibility.
It is on his 1040's from '98 to '04.

Otherwise, you are just a puppet, jumping to Romney's string-pulling.

There are records to show if he accepted income as CEO & President, show it to me, and stop lying.
I'll believe Romney's tax returns.
Brenda Lee Johnson

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jul 17, 2012
Feces Consumption Leads High Incidence of Intestinal Parasites Among Gays

.
San Francisco -- San Francisco public health authorities have detected an unusual increase in cases of shigellosis, an unpleasant intestinal bug that can cause cramps, fever and bloody diarrhea for as long as a week.

So far this year, 205 cases of the bacterial infection, which is also know as bacillary dysentery, have been reported. That is nearly double the 113 cases reported during all of 1999. Of particular concern are the 50 cases reported in July and 60 cases in August -- the highest monthly rates since the city began tracking the disease in 1993.

A majority of the cases reported this year have been among gay men, who can be exposed to shigella bacteria through oral-anal contact. Day care workers also are at higher risk of contracting the illness.

``Because of the sharp increase in cases, it means people are engaged in behavior that puts them at risk for the disease,'' said Dr. Susan Fernyak, San Francisco director of communicable disease prevention.``It takes very few bacteria to transmit shigellosis. It's very infectious.''

There is no vaccine to prevent shigellosis, but it is readily treated with antibiotics. A similar illness, hepatitis A, does not respond to antibiotics, but cases of that illness have dropped sharply since a vaccine to prevent it became available.

Fernyak said those who are infected should not handle food. The bacteria may still be present in the body for as long as a week after symptoms of the illness are gone. It is possible for someone to contract a mild case of the bug and show few symptoms of the illness, but still be capable of transmitting it to others.

Dr. Tomas Aragon, director of Community Health and Epidemiology, said that there is a chronic low-level form of shigellosis in San Francisco's gay community and that periodically the number of cases will rise, particularly during the summer months.

Of the cases recorded this year, 82 percent were among men, and 63 percent of those volunteered information that they were gay or bisexual. Six men who contracted the diseases reported that they were heterosexual.

There were 17 cases of shigellosis among children under the age of 5 -- a rate that has not changed in recent years. Seven out of 10 cases reported this year involve a strain of shigella bacteria called sonnei, which tends to show up when the number of cases of the illness increases sharply. Another strain of the shigella, known as flexneri, is more common at chronic low levels of infection in the population.

Aragon said the number of cases reported so far this year put San Francisco on a pace to meet or exceed the 326 cases reported in 1995.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
High Incidence of Intestinal Bug Among Gays

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#11 Jul 17, 2012
He might have had investments with Bain, but that is not the same as being CEO. However, even if he could save the Olympics, and be CEO somewhere else at the same time, that just proves how capable he is, and ready to be President on day one of his first term. Obama is still practicing, and not doing a good job at all. I beleive Romney over a man who has lied for 4 years about everything.

“Flip Flopping My Way”

Since: Feb 12

To The Top!

#12 Jul 17, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
He might have had investments with Bain, but that is not the same as being CEO. However, even if he could save the Olympics, and be CEO somewhere else at the same time, that just proves how capable he is, and ready to be President on day one of his first term. Obama is still practicing, and not doing a good job at all. I beleive Romney over a man who has lied for 4 years about everything.
May the Angel Moroni, The Patron Saint of Hypocrisy, watch over you all the days of your life.

“Going down THAT road”

Since: Sep 11

Yeehaw Junction, FL

#13 Jul 17, 2012
He left Bain not to run the Olympics into the ground but to run for Governor in 2002.
Brenda Lee Johnson

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Jul 17, 2012
Another servant of "The Prince Of The Queerdom"
Osama Bin Romney wrote:
<quoted text>
May the Angel Moroni, The Patron Saint of Hypocrisy, watch over you all the days of your life.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#15 Jul 17, 2012
He left Bain in 1999, saved the Olympics, then ran for Governor in 2002. He is a multi talented man who will make a wonderful President. He loves this country, unlike Obama. He understands success, unlike Obama, and we will be proud of him. He has a nice family as does Obama although that kiss thing the other night looked so contrived. I am surprised Michelle went along with it.

Since: Jul 07

Newport News, VA

#16 Jul 17, 2012
obama is a professional campaigner. i will admit that. he has romney off his game. but as the last four years have shown, campaigning and governing are two different things. he wants people to focus on these trite issues with romney. never mind the fact that the country is going to hell in a handbasket... . oabama revealed true colors in his vile anti-business speech over the weekend.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#17 Jul 17, 2012
Obama cannot discuss his record so he will talk about anything, but the Economy, joblessness, his wars, Gitmo and, 41 months of unemployment at over 8%. The American people are ready to choose new leadership November 6th, and they will replace Democrats in the House (at least 6), the Senate (more then needed to give the Republicans a majority), and the Presidency. We replaced Republicas in 2008, because they did not produce jobs, and solve our economic problems, and now we will replace the Democrats. Hopefully the Republicans realize they have to produce, or it is out they go in 2016.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#18 Jul 19, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
He might have had investments with Bain, but that is not the same as being CEO. However, even if he could save the Olympics, and be CEO somewhere else at the same time, that just proves how capable he is, and ready to be President on day one of his first term. Obama is still practicing, and not doing a good job at all. I beleive Romney over a man who has lied for 4 years about everything.
Carl, he WAS the CEO.

HE, Romney, was the President of Bain while these jobs were exorted to cheaper labor markets.
That is in the SEC records.

Romney says he left Baoi, but he was still CEO & President of record. He was it.

If he was not compensated for these jobs in 1999-2003, he is telling the truth.
If not, he is lying to the American public.

It is really that simple.

Is Romney truthful, or a Liar?
The answer is in his 1040's for the years in question.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#19 Jul 19, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Obama cannot discuss his record so he will talk about anything, but the Economy, joblessness, his wars, Gitmo and, 41 months of unemployment at over 8%. The American people are ready to choose new leadership November 6th, and they will replace Democrats in the House (at least 6), the Senate (more then needed to give the Republicans a majority), and the Presidency. We replaced Republicas in 2008, because they did not produce jobs, and solve our economic problems, and now we will replace the Democrats. Hopefully the Republicans realize they have to produce, or it is out they go in 2016.
Also, President Obama HAS DONE VERY WELL TO KEEP US FROM THE GREAT BUSH DEPRESSION; and to help recover our economy from the ravishing GREED of the unregulated Bush years.

He is running on that record, including saving the AMERICAN AUTO INDUSTRY.

Yor LIE that Obama is not runnning on his record has the flavor of a Rush Limbaugh lie.

When you repeat lies, you too are a liar, so stop repeating Rush's lies.

Instead, Obama should be running against the "tea-bag Congress," which has produced ZERO jobs, contrasted against their promises to produce jobs.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#20 Jul 19, 2012
No doubt Romney is hiding things far deeper than his taxes. Romney is so untrustworthy. NO Romney
Vote for a better alternative in November Gary Johnson a far better choice for real conservatives.
Tony

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Jul 19, 2012
Most all economists say Romney plans what little there are of them will hurt the economy and the working middle class. NO Romney

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bobby Jindal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr The Dude 117,319
Rand Paul: President Obama 'acts like he's a king' 4 hr Le Jimbo 95
Former Louisiana governor Edwin Edwards: Yester... Sep 26 hang them rats 2
Republicans Rally Behind 'Religious Liberty' Sep 26 Le Duped 1
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" Sep 23 The Dude 12
Pence, 2016 hopefuls back 20-week abortion ban ... Sep 17 cpeter1313 6
Lindsey Graham on abortion ban: If pregnant mom... Sep 17 Does Not Compute 1

Bobby Jindal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE