Dem: US credit down because of military spending

Aug 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The senior Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee says the biggest reason the United States is seeing its credit downgraded is that it spends too much money being "the military policemen of the world." Rep.

Comments
2,161 - 2,169 of 2,169 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2012
First Prev
of 109
Next Last
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>McPuff: small businesses cannot charge the same as your favorite chain stores such as Wally*World because they cannot force down vendor prices- not because of *their* wages: they have to charge more and people like you flock to Wally to save a few nickels and to buy inferior product and Mom & Pop often fail in smaller towns.

Why Wally*World goes after small towns, not cities...

Putting aside you just told us the mom & pop paid minimum wage...
They do mostly pay minimum wage. Wal Mart's products are not inferior and I save thousands of dollars a year. Wal Marts are in large cities. Nashville, Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati are just a few.

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
They do mostly pay minimum wage. Wal Mart's products are not inferior and I save thousands of dollars a year. Wal Marts are in large cities. Nashville, Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati are just a few.
And yet, they always seem to have a lot of employees on hand everyday.... People willing to work for the wages that are paid...
Sounds like a free market to me.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, they always seem to have a lot of employees on hand everyday.... People willing to work for the wages that are paid...
I am saying that mom and pops mostly pay minimum wage.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
They do mostly pay minimum wage. Wal Mart's products are not inferior
They are inferior but the Chinese must love you for buying their products.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that mom and pops mostly pay minimum wage.
Yes: you are wrong.

But even when I posted the Kentucky law that clearly states photo ID is not needed to vote, you continued to insist they required photo ID.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, they always seem to have a lot of employees on hand everyday.... People willing to work for the wages that are paid...
And the US taxpayers pick up the tab whenever the typical Wally*world employee gets sick.

Along with the millions of dollars many of the communities paid when Wally*world settled in.

Anyone who has healthcare shopping at Wally*world is morally bankrupt.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Military spending is created by wars started by war criminals like George Bush, and that will never change because Republicans will always see their elected leaders as a combination of God and daddy, and will always give them mindless obedience.
But who told Bush to start those wars? We all know he couldn't come up with any idea on his own.
If you don't know, you aren't qualified to vote, so stay home and watch tv on every election day.

Since: Jul 11

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

mjjcpa wrote:
Obama touts jobs plan today at Ohio bridge that won't qualify...
GALLUP: More voters considering Romney than Obama...
EAST WING BLING: MICHELLE O'S $42,000 DIAMOND CUFFS...
Jobless claims top 400k - again....
CHICAGOLAND: One day on city payroll nets labor boss $158,000 pension...
Moonrock worth millions found misplaced in Bill Clinton's papers...
Charlie Rangel to be celebrated on Capitol Hill -- just months after he was censured!
Congressman: Media Will Show 'Real Desperation' To Protect Obama...
Dow plunges 450 points...
Global markets tumble 4%...
ZOELLICK:'World in danger zone'...
SOROS: US already in double-dip...
GLOBAL MELTDOWN: INVESTORS DUMPING EVERYTHING
"The conservative practice of cutting taxes while spending millions on wars has led to the largest debt in half a century, and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is proposing exactly the same policies. An analysis by the Center for American Progress found that if McCain’s economic plan was in place for eight years, it would leave a debt of $12.7 trillion, besting Bush’s record."

"..deficits don't matter.." D.Cheyney '02

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
"The conservative practice of cutting taxes while spending millions on wars has led to the largest debt in half a century, and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is proposing exactly the same policies. An analysis by the Center for American Progress found that if McCain’s economic plan was in place for eight years, it would leave a debt of $12.7 trillion, besting Bush’s record."
"..deficits don't matter.." D.Cheyney '02
Good points.
People:
FOCUS on the cause of ALL our problems The people who are destroying our economy aren’t STUPID and it goes far beyond greed. They know exactly what they’re doing, yet most Americans are still living in the past, and they think Congress is just misguided, and all they have to do is write a letter, etc.

PEOPLE, WAKE UP! The Rothschilds liberally OWN US. Their private corporation, the ‘Federal Reserve’, has more power than any president and Congress put together.
The Federal Reserve stockholders profit greatly from all these horrible wars we start.
Haven’t you noticed Bernanke THREATENING congress? The ‘Fed’ is breaking federal laws, but nobody dares to touch them. The ‘Fed’ banks deliberately created the banking scam that caused this worldwide recession, but nobody at the top will ever be prosecuted.
WE ARE IN MORTAL DANGER.
That could all be changed in an instant if Republicans morons would stop being idiots, would stop ATTACKING the rest of us, and would join us in fighting the treason that will enslave us all.
More about what they’re doing and why at:
(next post)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 109
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barney Frank Discussions

Search the Barney Frank Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barney Frank Challenges GOP's 'Too Big to Fail'... Jul 24 Suzanne Lunt 1
Did You Know That Antonin Scalia's Son Is Sabot... Jul 18 operation greylord 1
Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Jul 7 common sense 6
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Jun '14 swedenforever 7
Showing their racism, Tea party protesters call... (Mar '10) May '14 swedenforever 4,166
Wrangling over bailout (Sep '08) Mar '14 Nonnah 34
Dodd sees hope for credit card legislation (Feb '09) Mar '14 Rafaelita 6
•••
•••