Dem: US credit down because of military spending

Aug 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The senior Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee says the biggest reason the United States is seeing its credit downgraded is that it spends too much money being "the military policemen of the world." Rep.

Comments (Page 109)

Showing posts 2,161 - 2,173 of2,173
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2279
Sep 30, 2011
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Blockhead: just because you worked for minimum wage- and were over paid- it doesn't mean the rest of American working for "mom & pop" (small businesses) companies paid minimum wage and gave no benefits.

Just as you insist that you "had" to show ID to vote, the state law in Kentucky doesn't require it, no matter how hard you stomp your feet- no one here can make you adhere to the facts.
Numbnuts I didn't say every mom and pop paid less. There are only a few times the every can be used. Like every liberal is a racist. But on a whole big stores pay more, give a retirement, has stock purchasing plans, and healthcare. They also have much better job security as they are more likely to stay in business, close when the owner dies, or when the owner retires. Mom and pops charge much more for the product and they have much fewer choices.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2280
Sep 30, 2011
 
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbnuts I didn't say every mom and pop paid less.
But sweetie: that was your response when I pointed out that not all small businesses paid minimum wage and if you cared to look something up before you open your big mouth maybe you would discover most small businesses in fact pay above minimum wage and always have.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2281
Sep 30, 2011
 
McGruff wrote:
Mom and pops charge much more for the product and they have much fewer choices.
McPuff: small businesses cannot charge the same as your favorite chain stores such as Wally*World because they cannot force down vendor prices- not because of *their* wages: they have to charge more and people like you flock to Wally to save a few nickels and to buy inferior product and Mom & Pop often fail in smaller towns.

Why Wally*World goes after small towns, not cities...

Putting aside you just told us the mom & pop paid minimum wage...
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2282
Sep 30, 2011
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>But sweetie: that was your response when I pointed out that not all small businesses paid minimum wage and if you cared to look something up before you open your big mouth maybe you would discover most small businesses in fact pay above minimum wage and always have.
Most mom and pop retail stores pay minimum wage or right at minimum wages. They seldom offer insurance or a retirement plan. They are also subject to close upon the death or retirement of the owner. These type jobs are good for second income or for part time work. In most cases they are not good for making a living. They are also not as good as wal mart, lowes or other large box stores.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2283
Sep 30, 2011
 
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>McPuff: small businesses cannot charge the same as your favorite chain stores such as Wally*World because they cannot force down vendor prices- not because of *their* wages: they have to charge more and people like you flock to Wally to save a few nickels and to buy inferior product and Mom & Pop often fail in smaller towns.

Why Wally*World goes after small towns, not cities...

Putting aside you just told us the mom & pop paid minimum wage...
They do mostly pay minimum wage. Wal Mart's products are not inferior and I save thousands of dollars a year. Wal Marts are in large cities. Nashville, Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati are just a few.

“Your Own Peace Prize Inside”

Since: Mar 07

Hyannis, Mass

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2284
Sep 30, 2011
 
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
They do mostly pay minimum wage. Wal Mart's products are not inferior and I save thousands of dollars a year. Wal Marts are in large cities. Nashville, Louisville, Indianapolis, and Cincinnati are just a few.
And yet, they always seem to have a lot of employees on hand everyday.... People willing to work for the wages that are paid...
Sounds like a free market to me.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2285
Sep 30, 2011
 
WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, they always seem to have a lot of employees on hand everyday.... People willing to work for the wages that are paid...
Sounds like a free market to me.
I am saying that mom and pops mostly pay minimum wage.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2286
Sep 30, 2011
 
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
They do mostly pay minimum wage. Wal Mart's products are not inferior
They are inferior but the Chinese must love you for buying their products.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2287
Sep 30, 2011
 
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I am saying that mom and pops mostly pay minimum wage.
Yes: you are wrong.

But even when I posted the Kentucky law that clearly states photo ID is not needed to vote, you continued to insist they required photo ID.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2288
Sep 30, 2011
 
WeElectedABunchOfIdiots wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, they always seem to have a lot of employees on hand everyday.... People willing to work for the wages that are paid...
Sounds like a free market to me.
And the US taxpayers pick up the tab whenever the typical Wally*world employee gets sick.

Along with the millions of dollars many of the communities paid when Wally*world settled in.

Anyone who has healthcare shopping at Wally*world is morally bankrupt.

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2290
Apr 14, 2012
 
Military spending is created by wars started by war criminals like George Bush, and that will never change because Republicans will always see their elected leaders as a combination of God and daddy, and will always give them mindless obedience.
But who told Bush to start those wars? We all know he couldn't come up with any idea on his own.
If you don't know, you aren't qualified to vote, so stay home and watch tv on every election day.

Since: Jul 11

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2291
Jun 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mjjcpa wrote:
Obama touts jobs plan today at Ohio bridge that won't qualify...
GALLUP: More voters considering Romney than Obama...
EAST WING BLING: MICHELLE O'S $42,000 DIAMOND CUFFS...
Jobless claims top 400k - again....
CHICAGOLAND: One day on city payroll nets labor boss $158,000 pension...
Moonrock worth millions found misplaced in Bill Clinton's papers...
Charlie Rangel to be celebrated on Capitol Hill -- just months after he was censured!
Congressman: Media Will Show 'Real Desperation' To Protect Obama...
Dow plunges 450 points...
Global markets tumble 4%...
ZOELLICK:'World in danger zone'...
SOROS: US already in double-dip...
GLOBAL MELTDOWN: INVESTORS DUMPING EVERYTHING
"The conservative practice of cutting taxes while spending millions on wars has led to the largest debt in half a century, and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is proposing exactly the same policies. An analysis by the Center for American Progress found that if McCain’s economic plan was in place for eight years, it would leave a debt of $12.7 trillion, besting Bush’s record."

"..deficits don't matter.." D.Cheyney '02

“Protest / support the marchers”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2293
Jun 14, 2012
 
swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
"The conservative practice of cutting taxes while spending millions on wars has led to the largest debt in half a century, and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) is proposing exactly the same policies. An analysis by the Center for American Progress found that if McCain’s economic plan was in place for eight years, it would leave a debt of $12.7 trillion, besting Bush’s record."
"..deficits don't matter.." D.Cheyney '02
Good points.
People:
FOCUS on the cause of ALL our problems The people who are destroying our economy aren’t STUPID and it goes far beyond greed. They know exactly what they’re doing, yet most Americans are still living in the past, and they think Congress is just misguided, and all they have to do is write a letter, etc.

PEOPLE, WAKE UP! The Rothschilds liberally OWN US. Their private corporation, the ‘Federal Reserve’, has more power than any president and Congress put together.
The Federal Reserve stockholders profit greatly from all these horrible wars we start.
Haven’t you noticed Bernanke THREATENING congress? The ‘Fed’ is breaking federal laws, but nobody dares to touch them. The ‘Fed’ banks deliberately created the banking scam that caused this worldwide recession, but nobody at the top will ever be prosecuted.
WE ARE IN MORTAL DANGER.
That could all be changed in an instant if Republicans morons would stop being idiots, would stop ATTACKING the rest of us, and would join us in fighting the treason that will enslave us all.
More about what they’re doing and why at:
(next post)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,161 - 2,173 of2,173
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••