Dem: US credit down because of military spending

The senior Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee says the biggest reason the United States is seeing its credit downgraded is that it spends too much money being "the military policemen of the world." Rep.

Full Story

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#2263 Sep 29, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fleaparty was FOUNDED by big business, specifically Koch Industries, as they also founded the John Birch Society, and financially support dozens of Fascist Right Wing organizations, stink tanks, and phony "news" organizations like the Fox Ministry of Propaganda.
30,000 violent incidents in Philly schools a result od decades of liberalism.

Five Inquirer reporters devoted a year to examining violence in the Philadelphia public schools, conducting more than 300 interviews with teachers, administrators, students and their families, district officials, police officers, court officials, and school violence experts.

The Inquirer created a database to analyze more than 30,000 serious incidents - from assaults to robberies to rapes - that occurred during the last five years. That information was supplemented by district and state data on suspensions, intervention and 9-1-1 calls. Reporters also examined police reports, court records, transcripts, contracts and school security video.

Rather than help blacks, liberals have created millions of criminals. WTG.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#2264 Sep 29, 2011
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
30,000 violent incidents in Philly schools a result od decades of liberalism.
Five Inquirer reporters devoted a year to examining violence in the Philadelphia public schools, conducting more than 300 interviews with teachers, administrators, students and their families, district officials, police officers, court officials, and school violence experts.
The Inquirer created a database to analyze more than 30,000 serious incidents - from assaults to robberies to rapes - that occurred during the last five years. That information was supplemented by district and state data on suspensions, intervention and 9-1-1 calls. Reporters also examined police reports, court records, transcripts, contracts and school security video.
Rather than help blacks, liberals have created millions of criminals. WTG.
Great, a new topic, thanks for sharing.

Now, what is your solution to this problem??

Besides blame, of course.

Thrill us with your response.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#2265 Sep 29, 2011
Since we're on the topic of schools, how about the wealthy kids from Republican right wing high schools who pay other kids up to 2500 bucks to take their SAT tests for them?

Learning at mommie and daddy's knee- how to be a liar, a cheat, and an elitist.

Using money like a weapon, as all Republicans do.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#2266 Sep 29, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, a new topic, thanks for sharing.
Now, what is your solution to this problem??
Besides blame, of course.
Thrill us with your response.
Drug testing for food stamps.

Mandatory sterilization after the 3rd fatherless, incomeless, and hopeless birth.

The Draft for non-combat roles. We spend tons of money defending the planet, and feeding unemployed subhumans. If they teach them to read and add, this will kill 3 blackshytbirds with one stone.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#2267 Sep 29, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
Since we're on the topic of schools, how about the wealthy kids from Republican right wing high schools who pay other kids up to 2500 bucks to take their SAT tests for them?
Learning at mommie and daddy's knee- how to be a liar, a cheat, and an elitist.
Using money like a weapon, as all Republicans do.
They will go to jail, unlike surrendercrats who break more laws than anyone... and then skate. This kid's a jew from Great Neck. Not a big Republican bastion. How did you determine his politics? You know him?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2268 Sep 29, 2011
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
I seriously doubt that the founding fathers wanted corporate fascism! That's who the teabaggers represent-corporations! They are little more than ignorant lickspittles for the uber wealthy.
You still pounding the divide the US in to hate the corporation..........that's only because most of the people paying the taxes work for or because of a corporation, and those not paying taxes that flip burgers for a living whine because you've made them beliver we owe them a free ride for stupidity and poor life choices. Grow a pair, quit scaring and lying to the kiddies.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2269 Sep 29, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm online with both of those things, which the Fleaparty isn't even remotely connected with.
Liberals believe in smal- town, local control.
Remember when:
We had local banks?
We had local grocery store chains?
We had local bakery chains?
We had local utilities?
We had local retail store?
We had local restaurants?
Now we get multi-national, big box, monstrous chain stores that demand free utility hookups, taxpayer financed roads, sewers, tax breaks, no unions, and in exchange for a few hundred low paying, no benefit dead end jobs.
And in the process run out of business the local stores, absorb the banks, and leave us with few choices.
Welcome to Republican World.
psssssssssssst, we still have those things.........just not in gettoville.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2270 Sep 29, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
Since we're on the topic of schools, how about the wealthy kids from Republican right wing high schools who pay other kids up to 2500 bucks to take their SAT tests for them?
Learning at mommie and daddy's knee- how to be a liar, a cheat, and an elitist.
Using money like a weapon, as all Republicans do.
More class warfare from the maggots protege's

“Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes”

“Well I say to them tonight, there’s not a liberal America and a Conservative America; there’s the United States of America. There’s not a black America and a White America or a Latino America and Asian America, there is the United States of America.”

That was state Senator Barack Obama in his keynote address to the 2004 Democratic convention.

That was then and his divisive speeches of today are the Real Obama, the racial hate and separation of classes is the real Obama.

According to the Washington Post Barack Obama is very busy subdividing the nations into racial, ethnic, and religious enclaves for targeting appeals to find enough of each group to carry him to victory once more.

The President for some of the people, but not all the people is not what his oath of office commanded of him. He should resign.
McGruff

Lebanon, KY

#2271 Sep 29, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>I'm online with both of those things, which the Fleaparty isn't even remotely connected with.

Liberals believe in smal- town, local control.

Remember when:

We had local banks?

We had local grocery store chains?

We had local bakery chains?

We had local utilities?

We had local retail store?

We had local restaurants?

Now we get multi-national, big box, monstrous chain stores that demand free utility hookups, taxpayer financed roads, sewers, tax breaks, no unions, and in exchange for a few hundred low paying, no benefit dead end jobs.

And in the process run out of business the local stores, absorb the banks, and leave us with few choices.

Welcome to Republican World.
Not where I live. We have all those things but local groceries. But why are the local ones better? They are not. They offer less and charge you more. Their pay is also less than the big box stores.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2272 Sep 29, 2011
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>More class warfare
More cross posting of spam from someone lacking an original thought.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#2273 Sep 29, 2011
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Drug testing for food stamps.
Mandatory sterilization after the 3rd fatherless, incomeless, and hopeless birth.
The Draft for non-combat roles. We spend tons of money defending the planet, and feeding unemployed subhumans. If they teach them to read and add, this will kill 3 blackshytbirds with one stone.
Well aside from the blatantly racist sterilization idea, I can get on board with the draft, as long as there is no free pass for wealthy kids- they must serve as well, and in combat roles, no favoritism.

Oh, and what exactly will drug testing for food stamps prove??

Rick Scott in Florida has experimented with this, making the state taxpayers pay for it- of course, Scott OWNS the company that administers the test kits, so he's bilking taxpayers in a crashed economy to augment his billions already.

So, unless drug testing means something, and is paid for by public health departments, and no Republican owned corporations gets to "outsource" this waste of time, then I'm for it.

Back to the sterilization- how is this enforceable? Who's paying for it?

Will Rethuglican country cooters who will be affected by this mandatory sterilization agree with it??

LOL

It will never happen, so keep dreaming of your aryan nation.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#2274 Sep 29, 2011
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not where I live. We have all those things but local groceries. But why are the local ones better? They are not. They offer less and charge you more. Their pay is also less than the big box stores.
Really?

Well the rest of America has this scenario, I guess you're special.

Big box stores offer less, lower wages, and destroy the environment on a larger scale.

People would make more and can pay more for goods, better quality goods and more choices, but not when we're in a race to the bottom in wages, health care, choices, and quality.

Republicans are leading the race to the bottom, and corporate Reich Wing ideology is to blame.

Anarchy will unravel the system, and hopefully we can emerge the other end a better socialist nation than we are now.
McGruff

Lebanon, KY

#2275 Sep 30, 2011
Caribou Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>Really?

Well the rest of America has this scenario, I guess you're special.

Big box stores offer less, lower wages, and destroy the environment on a larger scale.

People would make more and can pay more for goods, better quality goods and more choices, but not when we're in a race to the bottom in wages, health care, choices, and quality.

Republicans are leading the race to the bottom, and corporate Reich Wing ideology is to blame.

Anarchy will unravel the system, and hopefully we can emerge the other end a better socialist nation than we are now.
You lie. Small mom and pop stores pay minimum wage and offer no benefits. They have fewer choices and higher prices.

All the republicans are trying to do is create a better environment for business to succeed and expand. Liberals are trying to punish business and shut them down.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2276 Sep 30, 2011
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
You lie. Small mom and pop stores pay minimum wage and offer no benefits.
HAHAHAHHAAHHA!

I worked for a small mom and pop 'store' for years and I was paid above union scale and had excellent benefits.

You are an idiot- don't take that the wrong way- you have no intelligence, when people look at you into your eyes they see Little Orphan Annie.

But we all know that it is a waste of time to try to move you off of your point- you insisting that Kentucky requires photo ID after I posted the LAW which proved that you were wrong is a great example of how are time here would be better spent addressing a 4 by 4 cedar post.

Speaking of which...
McGruff

Lebanon, KY

#2277 Sep 30, 2011
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>HAHAHAHHAAHHA!

I worked for a small mom and pop 'store' for years and I was paid above union scale and had excellent benefits.

You are an idiot- don't take that the wrong way- you have no intelligence, when people look at you into your eyes they see Little Orphan Annie.

But we all know that it is a waste of time to try to move you off of your point- you insisting that Kentucky requires photo ID after I posted the LAW which proved that you were wrong is a great example of how are time here would be better spent addressing a 4 by 4 cedar post.

Speaking of which...
I did to and I along with everyone else who worked there was paid minimum wage. There was no retirement.

Big box chains have retirement plans. Stock options, and health insurance. Sick days, professional training, and advancement And promotions. When mom or pop dies, or retires you are out of a job. Big chains stay in business when the CEO dies or retires.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2278 Sep 30, 2011
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
I did to and I along with everyone else who worked there was paid minimum wage. There was no retirement.
Blockhead: just because you worked for minimum wage- and were over paid- it doesn't mean the rest of American working for "mom & pop" (small businesses) companies paid minimum wage and gave no benefits.

Just as you insist that you "had" to show ID to vote, the state law in Kentucky doesn't require it, no matter how hard you stomp your feet- no one here can make you adhere to the facts.
McGruff

Lebanon, KY

#2279 Sep 30, 2011
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>Blockhead: just because you worked for minimum wage- and were over paid- it doesn't mean the rest of American working for "mom & pop" (small businesses) companies paid minimum wage and gave no benefits.

Just as you insist that you "had" to show ID to vote, the state law in Kentucky doesn't require it, no matter how hard you stomp your feet- no one here can make you adhere to the facts.
Numbnuts I didn't say every mom and pop paid less. There are only a few times the every can be used. Like every liberal is a racist. But on a whole big stores pay more, give a retirement, has stock purchasing plans, and healthcare. They also have much better job security as they are more likely to stay in business, close when the owner dies, or when the owner retires. Mom and pops charge much more for the product and they have much fewer choices.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2280 Sep 30, 2011
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Numbnuts I didn't say every mom and pop paid less.
But sweetie: that was your response when I pointed out that not all small businesses paid minimum wage and if you cared to look something up before you open your big mouth maybe you would discover most small businesses in fact pay above minimum wage and always have.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#2281 Sep 30, 2011
McGruff wrote:
Mom and pops charge much more for the product and they have much fewer choices.
McPuff: small businesses cannot charge the same as your favorite chain stores such as Wally*World because they cannot force down vendor prices- not because of *their* wages: they have to charge more and people like you flock to Wally to save a few nickels and to buy inferior product and Mom & Pop often fail in smaller towns.

Why Wally*World goes after small towns, not cities...

Putting aside you just told us the mom & pop paid minimum wage...
McGruff

Lebanon, KY

#2282 Sep 30, 2011
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>But sweetie: that was your response when I pointed out that not all small businesses paid minimum wage and if you cared to look something up before you open your big mouth maybe you would discover most small businesses in fact pay above minimum wage and always have.
Most mom and pop retail stores pay minimum wage or right at minimum wages. They seldom offer insurance or a retirement plan. They are also subject to close upon the death or retirement of the owner. These type jobs are good for second income or for part time work. In most cases they are not good for making a living. They are also not as good as wal mart, lowes or other large box stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barney Frank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Architect of the Housing Bubble, Barney Frank, ... (Nov '11) Oct 17 tha Professor 655
In retirement, Barney Frank defends financial r... Oct 11 picolo111111 1
More gay people can now get legally married. Th... Oct 9 NorCal Native 38
Paulson seeks rest of bailout (Dec '08) Sep 28 Swedenforever 12
Paulson insists bailout restoring stability (Nov '08) Sep '14 Swedenforever 8
Barney Frank Has the Last Word On Atheism Sep '14 havent forgotten 1
Analysis - Smaller banks see regulatory relief ... Aug '14 fatbacks x 1

Barney Frank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE