Mitt Romney goes bold (and risky) with Paul Ryan vice presidential pick

Aug 11, 2012 Full story: Washington Post 2,267

The news that Mitt Romney is expected to name Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan as his vice presidential nominee today in Norfolk, Virginia amounts to a decidedly bold stroke for the typical risk-averse GOP presidential candidate, a pick that will almost certainly turn the race into a choice between two competing - and strikingly contrasting - visions for ... (more)

Full Story

“Always wear your makeup!”

Since: Jul 12

Syracuse, NY

#1562 Aug 19, 2012
This is the ONLY poll I go by and it shows Romney has gained a lot of ground the last couple weeks but his VP choice is so far one of the most unpopular since Bush Sr picked one. That is going by all Americans not conservatives since conservatives are like liberals and both are tiny minority groups. Neither decide elections. The mainstream voters and Independents decide each election.

This is the only poll you need right here and Obama is only ten points over a win yet his convention goes last and he will gain more back while he could even go lower first.

Never forget, the Electoral College has predicted the President in April of the election year each time in the last one hundred years other than once and this last April it gave the election to Obama.

Here is your political junkie poll that is updated each day.

http://electoral-vote.com/

Have fun with your politics but remember; no matter who wins, they don't care about you and it has little to nothing to do with your life other than in your mind only.

“Always wear your makeup!”

Since: Jul 12

Syracuse, NY

#1563 Aug 19, 2012
PS, stop giving me peanuts. I am allergic to them lol

I know, we in the middle of the road who are mainstream which is what America is, get run over by the left and right of center so the more negative ratings I get, the more, I realize, I am in a good area.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#1564 Aug 19, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Rmoney is a thug. White collar thug is still a thug. Federal Prisons are full of them.
I can't argue with white collar thug politicians but keep in mind that Illinois prisons are full of Chicago thug politicians, I do believe Illinois has more than any state. Obama is from Chicago and at the rate he is going he will be rooming with Rod.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#1565 Aug 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Romney & Ryan 11 Lies First Week Together - City-Data Forum www.city-data.com/forum/elections/1667754-rom...
23 hours ago ... Now that R Money & Ryan are on the same ticket together both have lied 11 times this weeks & people think these 2 bozos are a much better ...
Obama's accomplishment for the past 4 years:

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States .
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico .
First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate America ’s ability to put a man in space-defunded NASA.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company (Boeing) in which State they are allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
weirdo

Mount Hope, WV

#1566 Aug 19, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Why did you not respond to my comment with facts like I gave you. Instead it is idiot remarks that have no meaning. You can not defend Obama either.
no one can defend Obama. There is no defense

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#1567 Aug 19, 2012
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>When I saw Nancy on one of the nighttime programs, it all made perfect sense. The WH wWing Boys Club has been encouraging free media for a flailing administration. It must be working because no one is asked to respond to the questions America asks.
I know. He WILL NOT SHOW HIS DANM TAX RETURNS. Sorry Rmoney, you have to go.

Location hidden

#1568 Aug 19, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's accomplishment for the past 4 years:
First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in.
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States .
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico .
First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate America ’s ability to put a man in space-defunded NASA.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company (Boeing) in which State they are allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
Where do you get this stupid shit?
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#1569 Aug 19, 2012
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Research this:
WWII was last valid war fought for freedom.
All 'alleged wars for freedom' since WWII ended in stalemate or were lost. For what?
Sell that 'war' rhetoric elsewhere.
WAR=money, power, for the wealthy.
our youth are dying for politics NOT freedom.
The only future war, of you want one, should be a second Civil War. Poor and middle class vs. the.01%.
[When Bush went to war with Iraq and Iran - HE WENT THRU CONGRESS for their approval - OBAMA VOTED ON IT - REMEMBER HE WAS A SENATOR. Obama did not ask congress for approval or anything he just went and done it like a DICATOR. We do not need that type of uncontrollable person in the WH.

Location hidden

#1570 Aug 19, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't argue with white collar thug politicians but keep in mind that Illinois prisons are full of Chicago thug politicians, I do believe Illinois has more than any state. Obama is from Chicago and at the rate he is going he will be rooming with Rod.
Oh that definitely makes him a thug, being from Chicago and all.
You are from Illinois, does that make you a Blues Brother?
weirdo

Mount Hope, WV

#1571 Aug 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>That's what Libtard Obama has said. You are a little behind. Those false attacks have already been exposed. Obama keeps spreading the lies because he has no list of accomplishments to fall back on.
amen. No accomplishment at all. Let's his daughter fly to Mexico for spring break spending millions of tax payers dollars and 26 To 30 secret service to go with her. Other presidents daughters did not do that. Obamas sure have had fun on our tax money. Right
weirdo

Mount Hope, WV

#1572 Aug 19, 2012
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>So your saying Romney had a real job? I guess that's not really a requirement to be President after all Obama was elected.
glad you pointed that out. Obamas dog could have done a better job if he haven't ate it.

Location hidden

#1573 Aug 19, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have watched NBC, CBS AND ABC AND CNN - they must know Michelle better than you did and they all took it the same way I did. You heard Michelle giggle but she meant every word she said including to tell Gabby to lie about the bread "it was wheat".
Uh, NBC is the Tonight Show Network. Can you not distinguish joking from yelling and ordering people to do something? Are you really that Paranoid, hungry for any bite of trash on the dems and locked in your Teabagger fog that you cannot separate joking from reality?
Get some help.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#1574 Aug 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Tell me what is wrong with any of it.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#1575 Aug 19, 2012
<quoted text> Oh that definitely makes him a thug, being from Chicago and all.
You are from Illinois, does that make you a Blues Brother?
Nope

Location hidden

#1576 Aug 19, 2012
weirdo wrote:
<quoted text>
glad you pointed that out. Obamas dog could have done a better job if he haven't ate it.
Education is the key and don't let rmoney/Ryan tell you any different.
frank

Oakland, CA

#1578 Aug 19, 2012
senior citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you think the terrorist should destroy America before we act. When the terrorist come back a second time I guess you will run off to Canada or better yet Kenya and hide.
You guess? Well you guess wrong, terrorists are individuals not countries! Terrorists are also criminals and are therefore hunted down and brought to justice by special police work from over 120 nations! Hundreds of terrorist suspects are arrested and indicted by authorities all over the globe every year. Why do you keep posting BS about stuff you know nothing about – freak!
weirdo

Mount Hope, WV

#1579 Aug 19, 2012
<quoted text>Education is the key and don't let rmoney/Ryan tell you any different.
I think Romney and Ryan both have better education than your Obama. At least YOU can go and look at their records. You can't find any information on barry s ... alias Obama .... From birth certificate ...social security ( which is stolen )... or college records...So who is the liar in the room?

Location hidden

#1580 Aug 19, 2012
weirdo wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Romney and Ryan both have better education than your Obama. At least YOU can go and look at their records. You can't find any information on barry s ... alias Obama .... From birth certificate ...social security ( which is stolen )... or college records...So who is the liar in the room?
Well Rmoney and Ryan don't want you to have an education. They want to Privatize that too. No you cannot go and look at their records. We KNOW we will never see the tax records. The uninformed, misinformed one in the room, apparently is you.
Birther, TeaBagger, FoxBot lock in the impenetrable bubble of WingNut misinformation.
I hope you don't have children. Stupidity is genetic, and staying that way is insanity.
RT Pipe

Monessen, PA

#1581 Aug 19, 2012
AnnAgain wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to document that Frankie is wrong?
NOT AT ALL! Question for you is, are you intelligent enough to absorb and understand what facts are provided? I doubt it because you libtards have the standard reply of document that or provide a link. BTW can you or Frankie document what Frankie claims????? LMAO.

Since: Aug 12

Birmingham, AL

#1582 Aug 19, 2012
<quoted text>
from your momma !!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abbott: Obama's Order Violates Constitution 3 min wild child 4
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min SobieskiSavedEurope 126,819
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Injudgement 162,821
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min mdbuilder 48,456
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 27 min Cat74 4,574
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 34 min Guns kill 11,838
Obama calls for tougher Internet regulation 35 min Your Ex 261

US House of Representatives People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE