Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.sunnewspapers.net

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse...
Comments
190,121 - 190,140 of 193,338 Comments Last updated Jul 12, 2014

“Spark The Fire Within”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Compromise is what ended the American Revolution, Mexican-American war, Civil war, WW1, WW2... et al. You need to get an education.
ROLFLMFAO
No, compromise did not end those wars.

WW 1 Pres Wilson tried to end the war peacefully. Germany refused. We joined forces with France and Britain and kicked the Germans asses with the german commander resigning, his navy mutinied and an Armistice was signed. They had no other alternative. Just so you know, that is a known as a victory for the USA, Britain and the French and a defeat for the Germans. That is not a compromise.

WW 2 we did not engage until 1941 as a result of Japan attacking us at Pearl Harbor. This war ended by surrendering. Hitler also committed suicide. Surrender is not a compromise.

You are the one in need an education.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Compromise is what ended the American Revolution, Mexican-American war, Civil war, WW1, WW2... et al. You need to get an education.
ROLFLMFAO
There were no compromise in any of those wars until the enemy was defeated. Just Sayin!!!

Every war since then where there was a compromise/cease fire, etc., we lost.

“Spark The Fire Within”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The famous "rule of law" outcry. Apparently you don't realize the amount of police presence that would be needed to enforce every law on the books. I guess, you want to add to the national debt even more? See Operation VVetback and why it was a temp fix but over all an epic fail.
Heck, if this Nation were to really become a rule of law Nation, you and I would probably be in jail for breaking some law we didn't even know existed.
You sure do like to talk alot a shit as if it were fact.

"Operation wetback" a temp fix, an "epic fail"?

You are an extremist who blows sense and sensibility over the top as if following laws is a bad thing or a conspiracy to a police state.

We have law and order to maintain a cilvilized society. Not everyone wants to follow those laws. They are dealt with or not. No reason to turn our back on our on expecting our borders to be secured. We need to be firing members of Congress who sit on those committees and are derelict in their duties. It can be an easy fix if there were not too many damn libtards to complicate things.

Operation wetback worked just fine until the liberals started getting the majority in the house. Ted Kennedy was the drunken leader of the pack.

“No more Obama!”

Since: Dec 10

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no compromise in any of those wars until the enemy was defeated. Just Sayin!!!
Every war since then where there was a compromise/cease fire, etc., we lost.
I agree, and it started with the Koren war. Politician that know nothing about fighting a war sticking their noses in and not letting the military fight the war to win. And now they've left our country open to this invasion from the south for over two decades now. It's a sad situation.

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Who knew?

source: Immigration lessons for the U.S. from around the world

Australia, which only 15 years ago had strong strains of nativism and xenophobia dominating its political culture, now has more than a quarter of its population as foreign born Ė double Americaís share Ė and is thriving because of the economic growth and cultural diversity.
Quirky Uno

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Nordic Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
You're better than me Mickey! lol lol
Tell us something we don't know, Sordid Princess.

“Extremely me”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Rubio was putting together a bill for the Senate to take up similar to what obama did.. The difference is it would have went through the proper channels.. No Jack obama just wanted the credit for something to pander for votes..
I just don't care for POTUS using a executive order on hot button issues.. In fact I don't care for when Romney talks of using it to repeal HCR either.. Especially when he knows the SCOTUS will likely strike down parts of the law.. There are proper channels to go through is all I am saying..
Eagle
I've been talking for a very long time about my concern that the "no compromise/my way or the highway" approach to illegal immigration had already failed and the administration would simply start enacting their own policies if we didn't get some serious leadership willing to sit down and work out a reasonable deal.

Well Eagle, this is it and to be honest "I told ya so" doesn't make me feel one bit better about the whole situation.

The fact that Rubio was already making some news for trying to put together something similar to what Obama has done makes it damn near impossible for any significant opposition to come from the republican side.

I haven't said whether or not I support the policy and I haven't said whether or not I thought it was done the right way.

I said that I wasn't surprised considering the recent policy changes the administration had announced and I said that I think we are going to have to live with Obama's new policies on immigration for a very long time whether we like it or not.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Angels Flight wrote:
Who knew?
source: Immigration lessons for the U.S. from around the world
Australia, which only 15 years ago had strong strains of nativism and xenophobia dominating its political culture, now has more than a quarter of its population as foreign born Ė double Americaís share Ė and is thriving because of the economic growth and cultural diversity.
More fuzzy math, and they are talking about immigrants and not illegal aliens. We take in more immigrants than any country in the world.

How many immigrants went to China, Vietnam, Mexico, etc? Are you saying that China would be booming more than it is now if they weren't native and xenophobic? Maybe that's the problem with Mexico. ROTFLMAO!!!

“dystopian proles”

Since: Feb 09

ludovico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Nordic Princess wrote:
<quoted text>
Twink is NTRs designated trollop. Lately, she cannot agree fast enough with NTR.
If NTR is walking and stops abruptly for no reason, Twink will have a broke nose
Suffering jealousy in silence is sweet if everyone knows about it.

“From The Desert To The Sea”

Since: Sep 09

To All Across The Lands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
More fuzzy math, and they are talking about immigrants and not illegal aliens. We take in more immigrants than any country in the world.
How many immigrants went to China, Vietnam, Mexico, etc? Are you saying that China would be booming more than it is now if they weren't native and xenophobic? Maybe that's the problem with Mexico. ROTFLMAO!!!
How many? Are you saying that is what I am saying? Maybe "what" is the problem with Mexico?

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

freebird wrote:
This is what happens when you are so educated that you don't have any common sense. You are so shielded from reality, that you can question if the guy went too far.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/061...
Is Texas dad who killed man to protect his 5-year-old daughter a criminal?
A Texas grand jury must decide whether to charge a father who killed a man after finding the man molesting his 5-year-old daughter. Does deadly force extend to a father protecting his daughter?
In Shiner, Texas, thereís little doubt among residents that a 23-year-old man who reportedly killed a man he found molesting his 5-year-old daughter in a horse barn should be hailed as a hero, not denounced as a criminal.
Yet some legal experts question why the father hasnít yet been arrested and charged with murder, saying vigilante justice, no matter how the circumstances come about, canít be tolerated in a civil society.
A Texas grand jury will have to deal with those questions next week as it takes a deeper look at the circumstances of the killing, and whether the father was justified in hitting the man so hard with his fists that he died.
Yet some legal experts question why the father hasnít yet been arrested and charged with murder, saying vigilante justice, no matter how the circumstances come about, canít be tolerated in a civil society.
A Texas grand jury will have to deal with those questions next week as it takes a deeper look at the circumstances of the killing, and whether the father was justified in hitting the man so hard with his fists that he died.
"...A Texas grand jury will have to deal with those questions next week as it takes a deeper look at the circumstances of the killing..."

We were talking about this here at home earlier today and if the accounts of the story are true then the dad didn't do anything wrong.

I'm assuming that's what the grand jury is all about.

Right now we have the dad and the child as witnesses. The other man is dead.

With the loss of a life they should probably look over the details just to make sure it happened the way we've been told and then (hopefully) they will tell the dad he is free to go on with his life.

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have opinions. You resent when somebody backs up their opinions with facts (the articles that annoy you). That's just too bad. Back up your own opinions. Every numbnut in the world has an opinion, but that doesn't mean they have a clue WTH they're even talking about - like this post of yours. Stop lying. Everybody here knows I wanted no such thing as an executive order creating a de facto Dream Act. I wanted the act in context with CIR. Blah, blah, blah. Lie, lie, lie.
BTW. I don't have a plight. You have an agenda, and I can't help you with it. Trot along and annoy somebody else.
GREAT!!!
Send him OUR way...!

Thanks NTR!

Since: Jan 11

Milton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been talking for a very long time about my concern that the "no compromise/my way or the highway" approach to illegal immigration had already failed and the administration would simply start enacting their own policies if we didn't get some serious leadership willing to sit down and work out a reasonable deal.
Well Eagle, this is it and to be honest "I told ya so" doesn't make me feel one bit better about the whole situation.
The fact that Rubio was already making some news for trying to put together something similar to what Obama has done makes it damn near impossible for any significant opposition to come from the republican side.
I haven't said whether or not I support the policy and I haven't said whether or not I thought it was done the right way.
I said that I wasn't surprised considering the recent policy changes the administration had announced and I said that I think we are going to have to live with Obama's new policies on immigration for a very long time whether we like it or not.
Hey Jack. I'm trying catch up on exactly what transpired with Obama's executive order but the articles I've seen so far don't seem to contain a lot of substance. Do you happen to have any of the specifics? I'm curious about the provisions. Is there a mechanism to prevent chain migration? Are there any standards concerning academic achievements (i.e. if somebody scrapes by with low grades but still manages to graduate will they qualify?). Has there been any indication that this could open the doors to in-state tuition rates?
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Angels Flight wrote:
<quoted text>How many? Are you saying that is what I am saying? Maybe "what" is the problem with Mexico?
Maybe I should have ask what you were saying, instead of assuming that you agreed with the article. So what were you saying/asking?
:)

"Maybe "what" is the problem with Mexico?"

That they are nativist and xenophobic and should have more immigration.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

JackMcIntosh wrote:
<quoted text>
"...A Texas grand jury will have to deal with those questions next week as it takes a deeper look at the circumstances of the killing..."
We were talking about this here at home earlier today and if the accounts of the story are true then the dad didn't do anything wrong.
I'm assuming that's what the grand jury is all about.
Right now we have the dad and the child as witnesses. The other man is dead.
With the loss of a life they should probably look over the details just to make sure it happened the way we've been told and then (hopefully) they will tell the dad he is free to go on with his life.
I was mostly responding to the idiots that said this.

"Yet some legal experts question why the father hasnít yet been arrested and charged with murder, saying vigilante justice, no matter how the circumstances come about, canít be tolerated in a civil society."

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>Still boring....zzzz
Well, if you don't like it..........do something about it, jose!
No, because YOU, are boring, and afraid. I've hit you right in the face with something that you don't like, and it's stuck in your craw!
Live with it, boy, that's life and you can't change it. I know there are people like you, and in the end..........they lose, just like you will..........and just like you are........A loser.
LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL, Sorry about that, chuckles!!
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
No compromise is not your strategy? Ok Sparky!!! Now you're flip flopping or you came under an extreme case of amnesia.
Let's take a review of two excerpts from your previous comments on how you've asserted yourself as a "no compromise" kind of fellow:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Now back to your blather...
You act as if immigration law is written in stone, which the history of immigration in this country has proven it's not. Not only that, but this nation alone was founded on settler colonialism AKA illegal immigration so don't give me your bigotry masked as patriotism eg. you hate illegals. The United States obtained the majority of its territory mostly through dishonest & violent removal of the indigenous population. Ironically, people like you maintain the idea that America is ours inclusively and that it is not only detrimental but immoral, un-American, traitorous or an attack on US sovereignty for foreigners to enter it.
Of course we hate illegals. Look at what you said about the history of our country, which happens to be most countries of the world history, including Mexico's. We pass laws so that doesn't happen again, or are you saying that we should be invaded because of what happened in the past? Maybe the new invaders will take over and don't like any Americans, including you.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1986 amnesty was actually a success. It granted millions of then illegal aliens paths to citizenship. Today many of those people are hard working Americans who pay taxes and contribute to society.
Now the enforcement of the new immigration laws were an utter fail. Had the 112th Congress & President all the way back to 1986 actually took the time to enforce those laws, we'd not be here scratching our heads and wondering how this all happened.
So let me reiterate this for you, amnesty did exactly what it said it would do, the lack of enforcing those new laws was the fail. Amnesty and enforcement of the law are two separate issues.
We can have amnesty without enforcement or we can have enforcement without amnesty but you cannot say that amnesty was a fail. It did what it was supposed to do.
It was a success if you mean that the American citizen was deceived by our government and was the only reason that it was passed to begin with. That's why us anti's don't trust them now. Been there done that.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
You should no longer hate the illegals who recently received immunity. They're not actually illegal anymore. That's from a direct executive order. Now go on and tell me how horrid this rule of law is in spite of you previously advocating a rule of law for this Nation.
You see, you only throw that cliche "rule of law" rhetoric when it works in favor of your agenda but now that Obama has made illegals into legals yet you seem intent on disregarding that rule of law.
Actually it is you with an agenda. I just want our immigration laws enforced and not our immigration laws made by one man (Obama).

“Extremely me”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Deece_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Jack. I'm trying catch up on exactly what transpired with Obama's executive order but the articles I've seen so far don't seem to contain a lot of substance. Do you happen to have any of the specifics? I'm curious about the provisions. Is there a mechanism to prevent chain migration? Are there any standards concerning academic achievements (i.e. if somebody scrapes by with low grades but still manages to graduate will they qualify?). Has there been any indication that this could open the doors to in-state tuition rates?
Hey Deece. I stepped out.

I found this...

"Under his executive order, young people who would be eligible under the DREAM Act to remain in the U.S. can now receive work permits and protection from deportation for two years, with the possibility of renewal."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06...

I haven't found the actual text of the executive order yet.

Has anybody else seen it?

From what I understand people under the age of thirty who qualifiy for this "immunity" could legally attend school and apply for student loans.

Undocumented workers that qualify would be allowed to work legally.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Obama Zombies 150,973
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min truth-facts 46,261
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 11 min Jena 1,637
Boehner says House will accept debt deal (Oct '13) 16 min swedenforever 54
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 21 min Reverend Alan 54,766
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min APPRECIATETATER SPUD 114,785
GOP Shies Away From Obamacare Repeal 23 min CZars_R_US 3

Search the US House of Representatives Forum:
•••