Hispanics fear profiling under new Arizona law

Apr 24, 2010 | Posted by: RadicalTim | Full story: www.sunnewspapers.net

Arodi Berrelleza isn't one of the targets of Arizona's new law cracking down on illegal immigration a ' he's a U.S. citizen, a high school student from Phoenix.

[A.P.] Phoenix April 24th 2010 sun news paper.net A legal 18 year old is in fear when he's with his friends.. Reported in the article His fear is racial profiling. Advocates plan on fighting the alleged anti civil rights abuse...

Comments (Page 9,507)

Showing posts 190,121 - 190,140 of193,487
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Hispanic

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

spytheweb wrote:
<quoted text>
Run everybody's prints who are arrested.
If you are driving a car with no license and no insurance, can't speak English, drunk and looks like you do not know what planet you're on, you might be illegal.
BTW, tens of thousands of Americans have been killed by illegal aliens. More Americans killed then were killed by Al Qaeda/Taliban and were killed in Iraq and Afghanistan wars, including those killed on 9-11.
Illegal aliens are a bigger threat than terrorists.
How would the government obtain the fingerprints of illegals? They are illegal, I dont think they would volutarily give their prints to the government.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Hispanic wrote:
<quoted text>Im sorry but, there is no room for ignorance. What if an immigrant looked white such as a spaniard looking Mexican? What if a terrorist Canadian who is white crossed the canadian border with ill intentions to bomb the US? hello...you need to analyze the problem from all angles, not just one.
Oh, but I have examined it from the perspective of a US citizen, need I say more!! Also, most of those scenario's you mentioned, are mostly too far fetched, when compared to the actual events which could and do, occur. And, as for ignorance?.........Well, you're here, aren't you! Which, really make you a leech, of sorts. Are you paying taxes? I mean, your share? My best bet, which is really pretty close to being right on, is that you don't. How about health care, jose?, is that given to you as well? Again, my best bet is, that it is!
No, your little response is very, very poor, and only something that is miniscule when you compare to the number of illegals trying to cross the border illegally. So, go home, pablo, and try again, just as most of those who cross illegally and then just come back again and again. Perhaps we could just build a huge prison out in the wilds of Arizona, and just clap those illegals in irons and let them stew in that prison for 50 - 60 years! I mean, we're talking 'Huge' here, like.........really big!!! Something that could hold half of mexico! Which is probably the number of illegals trying to leave there, and come here. No, your pathetic excuses are just too lame!
pug

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Hispanic Fear Profiling...? B. S.
pug

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Anglo's fear themselves.
Not an Anglo, just a citizen taxpayer. As a Citizen Taxpayer, my concern is how the collected taxes are expended.

The tax dollar or public funding should be used for the needs of the nation not targeted towards a "special" group of non citizens.

For example, the "additional child tax credit". This allows the non-citizen to file Income tax using an ITIN instead of a Soc Sec Number.

The ITIN filer then receives a "tax refund" on average of $10,000.00 dollars. Some refunds were higher than $30.000.00. All tax dollars based upon fraudulent claims of "additional children". It is found that the children DO NOT even reside in the U. S.

So far this costs the tax payer $4 Billion Dollars annually.
pug

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

"...An education board in Rhode Island voted unanimously Monday evening to enact the measure. The measure would cut the cost of higher education for undocumented immigrants substantially — in-state tuition is currently $9,824, compared with $25,912 for out-of-state students, according to the Los Angeles Times..."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/645...

Yet another perk given to the non-citizen. The special class of citizens can now use one year of their $30,000.00 tax refunds to fund three years of college.
pug

Berwyn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

San Bernardino County spent $64 million providing welfare benefits to
U.S.-born children of illegal aliens.

According to county records, during a typical month, close to 15,000
offspring of illegal aliens received either welfare payments or food stamps
in 2009. Over 11,000 of those children received both forms of assistance

Just one county. Does not even count cost of public schools, housing, free breakfast and lunch programs, free medical care at the local E R, etc.
Do not forget the 10,000.00 USD additional child tax credits.

“a smile for my friends”

Since: Jul 07

rochester, n. y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Richard Guerra wrote:
<quoted text>
Anglo's fear themselves.
There is not a freakin drop of fear in this aglo Bud!!

Unless you got a warrent!

lol

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

pug wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an Anglo, just a citizen taxpayer. As a Citizen Taxpayer, my concern is how the collected taxes are expended.
The tax dollar or public funding should be used for the needs of the nation not targeted towards a "special" group of non citizens.
For example, the "additional child tax credit". This allows the non-citizen to file Income tax using an ITIN instead of a Soc Sec Number.
The ITIN filer then receives a "tax refund" on average of $10,000.00 dollars. Some refunds were higher than $30.000.00. All tax dollars based upon fraudulent claims of "additional children". It is found that the children DO NOT even reside in the U. S.
So far this costs the tax payer $4 Billion Dollars annually.
That's corporate welfare intended to subsidize corporations who use cheap labor in order to keep it cheap - for corporations, not taxpayers.
Liberal4Life

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I see where you're going. You would like me to believe that just because one person does something wrong and gets away with it, then it's only right that everyone should get away with it. But two wrongs don't necessarily make a right.
A bond hearing, when a person is under oath, has the same weight. The penalty for perjury still applies. And if you think she was confused about hiding the money in an attempt to get a lower bond, I have some beachfront property in west Texas I think you'd be interested in.
Good Morning Terry, Very well spoke I agree with what your saying makes all the common sense in the world!

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

DREAM Act

Press Release:
June 15, 2012

Secretary Napolatano anounces deferred action process for young people who are low enforcement priorities

http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/DHS_Press_Rel...
ylv25

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Glasnos wrote:
Well ... let's see ... who is crawling across our borders by the thousands every week? So ... we should be looking for Russians? LOL
95% of the illegals in this country are hispanic ... The idea is to target those breaking our laws ... not take a census.
Profile! It works...
Where exactly are you getting these facts that 95% are hispanic??? Oh the ignorance....

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama’s move on illegal immigrants throws election a curveball

President Barack Obama’s move to bypass a stonewalling Congress and halt the deportation of adult illegal immigrants brought to the country as children is an election year curveball meant to shore up his support among critical Latino voters.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/wor...

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama administration to offer immunity to up to 800,000 illegals

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/15/ob...

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

The last three articles I posted are just the latest "COMPROMISE" made by the Obama administration. Those who say there will be no "COMPROMISE" have had no control over these compromises.
It is being used as a political ploy to gain the Hispanic vote and one only has to look at the timing to realize that.
So, what will the next "COMPROMISE" be?
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

NON COMPLACENT TWINK wrote:
The last three articles I posted are just the latest "COMPROMISE" made by the Obama administration. Those who say there will be no "COMPROMISE" have had no control over these compromises.
It is being used as a political ploy to gain the Hispanic vote and one only has to look at the timing to realize that.
And I sometimes wonder why I can't sleep at night? Unbelievable!

Since: Dec 11

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Liberal4Life wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Terry, Very well spoke I agree with what your saying makes all the common sense in the world!
HEY, Aren't you me??? LOL! Hope the weather there is as nice as here.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Exactly wrote:
<quoted text>And I sometimes wonder why I can't sleep at night? Unbelievable!
Maybe it's a guilty conscience?. lol
Ratz

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

Obama administration to offer immunity to up to 800,000 illegals
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/15/ob...
Ain't this just WONDERFUL!!!

“Extremism is no virtue”

Since: Mar 07

My orchids in bloom

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

I hope it's a compromise that stops people from continuing to come by setting a permanent quota from those who are here and those who are here and must leave. ;-) I hope it's something that chokes off the illegal labor that businesses have come to rely on for record profits.

I found the following to be of interest in light of our recent conversations about George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/061...

By Patrik Jonsson, June 14, 2012

'Stand your ground' defense fails in Texas case. Lessons for George Zimmerman?

As he confronted several neighbors over a loud stereo two years ago, retired Houston-area firefighter Raul Rodriguez brandished a gun and warned,“I am standing my ground here”– a warning that was picked up by the camera he had set up to film the scene. As the camera was knocked to the ground, a barrage of gunfire ensued, as Mr. Rodriguez killed Kelly Danaher, an unarmed elementary school teacher, and wounded two other unarmed men.....Yet on Wednesday, a jury in Houston took five hours to find Rodriguez guilty of murder, dismissing the stand-your-ground defense on a simple point: If Rodriguez had not provoked the fight and brandished the weapon first, it’s unlikely anyone would have been killed.

"This is not what stand your ground is," said Kelli Johnson, the prosecutor.(CONT.)
Ratz

Medford, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Judged:

It's not a compromise Twink, Oblame-o is just evolving.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 190,121 - 190,140 of193,487
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••