Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#36669 Aug 6, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are incorrect here. Evidence is *exactly* what matters to scientists."
Where is the evidence of the singularity that existed before the big bang? This is a scientific theory so where is that evidence?
Where is the evidence of life forming from the puddle of goo. Life starting on it own on this planet is a scientific theory where's the eveidence?
String theory - failed!
Quantum Mechanics - failed!
The Theory of Relitivity - failed!
Big Bang theory? Nothing exploding and creating everything. Ya right!
Evolution theory? All life on Earth evolving from an auto starting speck of life. Ya right.
See what I mean, Atlas12a?

Since: Aug 12

Tucson, AZ

#36670 Aug 6, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, some people are thick! Only morons think that is a theory!
im not saying its a scientific theory but maybe a spritul on i guess u could say lol and y do u have to resort to name calling i am nothing but respctfull to everyone i wouldexpect the same please and if ur going to quote me dont take just one quote sentance i think if u read the whole thing i kind of make a valid point
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36671 Aug 6, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
Very cool:

http://phys.org/news/2012-08-tale-scientific-...

Tale of two scientific fields -- ecology and phylogenetics -- offers new views of Earth's biodiversity
August 6th, 2012 in Biology / Ecology

Scientists are taking a new look at Earth patterns, studying the biodiversity of yard plants in the U.S. and that of desert mammals in Israel, studying where flowers and bees live on the Tibetan plateau and how willow trees in America's Midwest make use of water.

They're finding that ecology, the study of relationships between living organisms and their environment, and phylogenetics, research on evolutionary relationships among groups of organisms, are inextricably intertwined.

Results of this tale of two fields are highlighted in a special, August 2012 issue of the journal Ecology, published by the Ecological Society of America (ESA). Most of the results reported are funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF).

The issue will be released at the annual ESA meeting, held this year from August 5-10 in Portland, Ore.

Melding information from ecology and phylogenetics allows scientists to understand why plants and animals are distributed in certain patterns across landscapes, how these species adapt to changing environments across evolutionary time--and where their populations may be faltering.

"To understand the here and now, ecologists need more knowledge of the past," says Saran Twombly, program director in NSF's Division of Environmental Biology. "Incorporating evolutionary history and phylogenies into studies of community ecology is revealing complex feedbacks between ecological and evolutionary processes."

<<more at link above>>
"species adapt to changing environments across evolutionary time"

This is not Evolution!

Evolution is one kind coming into existence from another kind. It has never been observed and there is no proof in the fossil record.

Another point Evolution claims as proof
Is the fused chromosome number 2 that only humans have. Somehow this by evolutionist is proof we are related to apes. Because they (Apes) don't have it and we do have it. Ya right!

HL&S.(Hook Line & Sinker)

Tucson, AZ

#36672 Aug 6, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are incorrect here. Evidence is *exactly* what matters to scientists."
Where is the evidence of the singularity that existed before the big bang? This is a scientific theory so where is that evidence?
Where is the evidence of life forming from the puddle of goo. Life starting on it own on this planet is a scientific theory where's the eveidence?
String theory - failed!
Quantum Mechanics - failed!
The Theory of Relitivity - failed!
Big Bang theory? Nothing exploding and creating everything. Ya right!
Evolution theory? All life on Earth evolving from an auto starting speck of life. Ya right.
kjv, if u dont mind me asking what religion are u and have u ever looked up theistic evolution if so what r ur thoughts?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#36673 Aug 6, 2012
Atlas12a wrote:
<quoted text>that was helpful thank you and i do agree to me it makes sense and is the most logical explaination so why is it so hard for other people to grasp again i dont believe in discriminating against anyones religion but i think if u do believe in god u can believe in both creation and evolution i.e.theistic evolution i dont however i think if i did belive in a god that would make more sence to me than all of a sudden the universe just appeared because god said do (y does everyone say goddidit as one word lol) if u look up what christopher langan says about creation and evolution it makes more sense to me than christianity i do like to study religion a lot and i really think christianity is one of the most bogus religions out of all sorry got kinda off topic, any thought?

An admirable dream theistic evolution, but the truth is life in general to the very basis of existence is far to hostile . The fact is that in order for something to live , something must die.

Is a savage way to being , but unfortunately it is our reality.
This had to have happened spontaneously and not by design.
As for theoretically citing this behavior to have been a fathom of a god , you make a better case that it were the devil who created us.

The garden of Eden fairy tale is amusing , but we all know from the beginning of life in the Cambrian the two things developed in unison were sexual reproduction and eating other living things to survive. There was simply never a time on Earth this was not the way. So believing there was.. is as sheltered as a newborn babe in in toy land.

But if there is a god it is conscious through us and actively trying to understand itself through us. We are the eyes and ears and brains of this world and all we can see, and we will ask the same question the universe asks itself , is this all there is? Is there nothing more ? Am I truly alone?

Tucson, AZ

#36674 Aug 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
An admirable dream theistic evolution, but the truth is life in general to the very basis of existence is far to hostile . The fact is that in order for something to live , something must die.
Is a savage way to being , but unfortunately it is our reality.
This had to have happened spontaneously and not by design.
As for theoretically citing this behavior to have been a fathom of a god , you make a better case that it were the devil who created us.
The garden of Eden fairy tale is amusing , but we all know from the beginning of life in the Cambrian the two things developed in unison were sexual reproduction and eating other living things to survive. There was simply never a time on Earth this was not the way. So believing there was.. is as sheltered as a newborn babe in in toy land.
But if there is a god it is conscious through us and actively trying to understand itself through us. We are the eyes and ears and brains of this world and all we can see, and we will ask the same question the universe asks itself , is this all there is? Is there nothing more ? Am I truly alone?
i understand ur veiws and to me it makes perfect sense how can other people not get it but i think if u were to believe in a god theistic evolution would make moresense than any other lol
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36675 Aug 6, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>Well technically a whale would have a bigger...oh YOU'RE NOT trying to have a contest like that okay...

Well...there are a lot of gaps one way or another. Science can't explain all of the "gaps". But if a reasonable and logical scientist really looks at the evidence one can make the proper conclusions. I mean seriously, random chaotic processes bringing together a universe that runs precisely and finely tuned it is crazy.
"Atlas12a wrote:
This is a reply to everyone
I know evolution is has been proven through nature "

Evolution has not been proven!

"The theory of evolution maintains that life on Earth came about as the result of chance and emerged by itself from natural conditions. This theory is not a scientific law or a proven fact. Underneath its scientific façade it is a materialist worldview that Darwinists are trying to impose on society. The bases of this theory, which has been disproved by science in every field, are suggestions and propaganda methods consisting of deceptions, falsehood, contradiction, cheating, and sleight of hand.

The theory of evolution was put forward as an imaginary hypothesis in the context of the primitive scientific understanding of the nineteenth century, and to this day it has not been backed up by any scientific discovery or experiment. On the contrary, all the methods employed to confirm the theory have merely proven its invalidity.

However, even today many people think that the theory is a proven fact, like the force of gravity or the law of buoyancy. Because, as stated at the beginning, the true nature of the theory of evolution is very different from what is usually supposed. For this reason, some people do not know what rotten foundations this theory has, how it is disproved by science at every turn, and how evolutionists are trying to keep it alive in its death throes. Evolutionists have no other support than unconfirmed hypotheses, biased and unrealistic observations, and imaginary drawings, methods of psychological suggestion, countless falsehoods, and sleight-of-hand techniques."
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36676 Aug 6, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>It flat out does too! It doesn't give glory to the murdering bigot, so therefore, it clearly states that there is no god!
If your guesses were correct. But of course there is no proof that they nothing more then guesses that you bought into. HL&S
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36677 Aug 6, 2012
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>Evolution has been proven:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peppered_moth_ev...

If you understand how DNA and meiosis works, it makes perfect sense as well that it would occur.

The only people who deny it are members of the flat earth society.
"Evolution has been proven"

Ya right!

"However, even today many people think that the theory is a proven fact, like the force of gravity or the law of buoyancy. Because, as stated at the beginning, the true nature of the theory of evolution is very different from what is usually supposed. For this reason, some people do not know what rotten foundations this theory has, how it is disproved by science at every turn, and how evolutionists are trying to keep it alive in its death throes. Evolutionists have no other support than unconfirmed hypotheses, biased and unrealistic observations, and imaginary drawings, methods of psychological suggestion, countless falsehoods, and sleight-of-hand techniques.

Today, such branches of science as paleontology, genetics, biochemistry, and molecular biology have proven that it is quite impossible for life to come about as a result of chance and to emerge by itself from natural conditions. The living cell, it is commonly agreed by the world of science, is the most complex structure that mankind has so far encountered. Modern science has revealed that just one living cell has a much more complex structure and mutually interconnected complicated systems than a large city. Such a complex structure can only function if all its separate parts emerge at the same time and in full working order. Otherwise, it will serve no purpose, and will fall apart over time and disappear. We cannot expect that its parts developed by chance over millions of years as claimed by the theory of evolution. For that reason, the complex design in just one cell clearly shows that God created life."
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36678 Aug 6, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>On one hand, you say you accepted evolution but, for some reason, think that humans were not a part of it. Please explain why you think human evolution is any different from the rest of evolution.
"The fossil record represents another crushing defeat for the theory of evolution. Among all the fossils discovered over the years, there is not one trace of the intermediate forms that would be necessary if living things were to have evolved stage by stage from simple species to more complex ones, as the theory of evolution claims. If such creatures had really existed, there would have been millions, even billions, of them. More importantly, the remains of these creatures should be present in the fossil record. If these intermediate forms had ever really existed, their numbers would be even greater than the number of animal species we know today, and everywhere the world should be full of their fossil remains. Evolutionists look for these intermediate forms in all the feverish fossil research that has been carried out since the nineteenth century. However, there has been no trace of these intermediate forms, despite all the eager searching for the last 150 years."

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#36679 Aug 6, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you are what like an English teacher?
Typical atheist, find someway to sidetrack the the debate and focus on something that really has nothing to do with the topic.
I *DID* say "please".

BTW, just to point it out, YOUR response -- correcting my "sidetracking",-- had "nothing to do with the topic", either.

Congratulations, hypocrite.
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36680 Aug 6, 2012
Atlas12a wrote:
<quoted text>again thx for not being a dick and having a calm rational convorstaion lol i think people get a little to heated in here and let there emotions get the best of them lol. i think that we both agree on evolution as being the best explanation for the existnace of human beings (ur notes where helpful thank u) but i dont know what is stopping it from becoming a fact rather than a theory with all the evidence to support it. to me its hard to believe that with all the evidence pointing to its almost certainty why is some holy book (which is one of many) holding it back that would be like saying that evolution is wrong because everyone knows that the giant turtle climed out of the sea with the earth on its back and thats how we came to be
"In short, the fossil record shows that living species emerged suddenly and perfectly formed, not by following a process from primitive forms to advanced ones as evolution claims.

Evolutionists have tried very hard to find evidence for their theory or so, but have actually proved by their own hand that no evolutionary process could have been possible. In conclusion, modern science reveals the following indisputable fact: Living things did not emerge as the result of blind chance, but God created them."

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#36681 Aug 6, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
"In short, the fossil record shows that living species emerged suddenly and perfectly formed, not by following a process from primitive forms to advanced ones as evolution claims.
Evolutionists have tried very hard to find evidence for their theory or so, but have actually proved by their own hand that no evolutionary process could have been possible. In conclusion, modern science reveals the following indisputable fact: Living things did not emerge as the result of blind chance, but God created them."
Only in your dismal funditarded mind.
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36682 Aug 6, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You make a complete ass of yourself everyday denying the truth. All to save your little concept of a magical skyfairy.
Eventually you will run out of lies and hiding places.
Relativity has not been proven false, evolution is a fact. Abiogenesis is a separate issue from evolution and it is still the best explanation where life came from. You can argue till you turn blue , it will absolutely not change these facts, you will be dead and buried , evolution relativity and abiogenisis will still be theory's and the best explanations and there will still be no skydaddy.
Now making an ass out of myself would be Backwards evolution. But you making an ass out of you would truly be evolution.

"Abiogenesis is a separate issue from evolution"

To a point!
Evolution starts with the first speck of life and creating everything from that. Even if God created that speck.
But an Athiest belief in evolution kind of combins them both don't you think?
Try real hard and you might just be able to add 2+2.
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36683 Aug 6, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>When was it proven false?
"BRIAN GREENE: It's a little known secret but for more than half a century a dark cloud has been looming over modern science. Here's the problem: our understanding of the universe is based on two separate theories. One is Einstein's general theory of relativity—that's a way of understanding the biggest things in the universe, things like stars and galaxies. But the littlest things in the universe, atoms and subatomic particles, play by an entirely different set of rules called, "quantum Mechanics"

These two sets of rules are each incredibly accurate in their own domain but whenever we try to combine them, to solve some of the deepest mysteries in the universe, disaster strikes.

Take the beginning of the universe, the "big bang." At that instant a tiny nugget erupted violently. Over the next 14 billion years the universe expanded and cooled into the stars, galaxies and planets we see today. But if we run the cosmic film in reverse, everything that's now rushing apart comes back together, so the universe gets smaller, hotter and denser as we head back to the beginning of time.

As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down."
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36684 Aug 6, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>When was it proven false?
"From Nova:

"For decades, every attempt to describe the force of gravity in the same language as the other forces—the language of quantum mechanics—has met with disaster

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: You try to put those two pieces of mathematics together, they do not coexist peacefully.

S. JAMES GATES, JR.: The laws of nature are supposed to apply everywhere. So if Einstein's laws are supposed to apply everywhere, and the laws of quantum mechanics are supposed to apply everywhere, well you can't have two separate everywheres.

RIGHT SIDE BRIAN GREENE: In the years since, physics split into two separate camps: one that uses general relativity to study big and heavy objects, things like stars, galaxies and the universe as a whole...

LEFT SIDE BRIAN GREENE:...and another that uses quantum mechanics to study the tiniest of objects, like atoms and particles. This has been kind of like having two families that just cannot get along and never talk to each other...

LEFT SIDE BRIAN GREENE: There just seemed to be no way to combine quantum mechanics...

RIGHT SIDE BRIAN GREENE:...and general relativity in a single theory that could describe the universe on all scales.

So here's the question: if you're trying to figure out what happens in the depths of a black hole, where an entire star is crushed to a tiny speck, do you use general relativity because the star is incredibly heavy or quantum mechanics because it's incredibly tiny?

Well, that's the problem. Since the center of a black hole is both tiny and heavy, you can't avoid using both theories at the same time. And when we try to put the two theories together in the realm of black holes, they conflict. It breaks down. They give nonsensical predictions. And the universe is not nonsensical; it's got to make sense"
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36685 Aug 6, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>Where did Gould ever say "theory can only mean a possibility"? It is not the next sentence that appears in his writing.
I didn't quote Gould.
I quoted Mashia.
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36686 Aug 6, 2012
Atlas12a wrote:
<quoted text>to say that it is just a theory is correct but right now ur argument is he same thing as putting up one theory vs another to say that a supernatural being put everything here could be considered just a theory it maybe a religion but there are not facts supporting the idea of a "god" saying a word and all of a sudden there was everthing in the universe if u do any reseach religion and the belief of a god or many gods it was their way of explaning the way the world worked at the time i.e. if u pray enough or make a good enough sacrifice it will please god (or the gods depending n what time or religion u look at) and he will bring rain we know now that that isnt true or that the entire universe rovolved around the earth, really ur argument is only putting up on theory against another
Again let me try and make this clear.
Theist are ridiculed for thier Faith or thier believe in God ( believe with out proof ).
By people who they themself believe in a lot of ridicules scientific theory's with out any proof. And even still believe's in failed what was once scientific theory's

Just Telling it like it really is.
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36687 Aug 6, 2012
Atlas12a wrote:
<quoted text>to say that it is just a theory is correct but right now ur argument is he same thing as putting up one theory vs another to say that a supernatural being put everything here could be considered just a theory it maybe a religion but there are not facts supporting the idea of a "god" saying a word and all of a sudden there was everthing in the universe if u do any reseach religion and the belief of a god or many gods it was their way of explaning the way the world worked at the time i.e. if u pray enough or make a good enough sacrifice it will please god (or the gods depending n what time or religion u look at) and he will bring rain we know now that that isnt true or that the entire universe rovolved around the earth, really ur argument is only putting up on theory against another
Yes the universe is from God speaking the word. That's all it took his spoken word. And you choose to ridicule him.

Once a soul is created it will always exist. God tells us there are only two places that exist for that soul to go to after death, one God created "Heaven" the other always existed "Hell".

All the rest of your lame post has been answered many time over.
KJV

Brooklyn, NY

#36688 Aug 6, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>But really, a theory is just a guess, right?

LOL!

How many times can you tell them what it takes to become a scientific theory and the ignore you every time!

Then they come back with, "Well, I have a theory that my gods created everything! Now you have to teach that in public schools!"
"Let's first clarify the difference between a theory and a fact. When it comes to science, a theory isn't just a thought where we imagine something. When people think of the word theory, they are often thinking in the terms, "I have a theory." But in science that doesn't qualify as a theory. Something isn't a scientific theory until it has enough strong evidence to back it up and make it a reasonable assumption. Evolution doesn't qualify as a theory."

"In this sense, evolution does not qualify as a theory. A theory allows you to go back and make modifications when an error is discovered. This is not possible with evolution. The premise can’t change or it ceases to be evolution. Evolutionary study can NEVER draw any other conclusion other than evolving life and remaining within the box. That is why evolutionists must call it a fact. If it is not a fact, they have no foundation. They can’t admit defeat without abandoning ship. Therefore, even if the facts don’t support it, they tenaciously defend their position. Evolution can’t even be accurately called a hypothesis. A hypothesis is an educated guess that is followed by experimentation to prove or disprove the assumption. Evolutionists do make many educated guesses, but the experimentation can’t be honestly evaluated. It either gives the results they want, or it is tossed out. The results can’t be allowed to contradict the ‘fact’ of evolution because they can’t go back and make the necessary corrections. The end result has already been determined and anything that does not support its foundation or point to the evolutionary destination cannot be accepted."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas law professor calls for repeal of Second ... (Nov '13) 3 min Can you answer 11,283
Christian right key to Republican performance i... 58 min Rainbow Kid 69
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Le Jimbo 159,680
9 first-time Latino candidates run for Congress 2 hr Cricket 23 1
Can Democrats hold the Senate by running away f... 2 hr True Truths 24
Goodbye West Virginia 6 hr Ace McMillan 1
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 56,768

US House of Representatives People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE