Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
29,701 - 29,720 of 113,198 Comments Last updated 58 min ago

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that He didn't.
Prove that we landed on the moon.
We have reflectors up there that we can bounce lasers on. We have orbiters that have taken photos of the lander parts left there, they even show the tracks of the astornauts footprints and the tracks of the little car they borought up there. verifiable proof. We have mena that have actually placed their feet on that that satellite and come back to tell the tale. is there any more proof you need?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no, I do not believe that at all. Christians morally upstanding people? Egads...Christians are still human, we still fail, some very miserably. So no, it isn't about that.
Your reasoning leaves out a lot of factors.
My reasoning?

I am simply pointing out a fallacy. I am not 'reasoning'

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, no, I do not believe that at all. Christians morally upstanding people? Egads...Christians are still human, we still fail, some very miserably. So no, it isn't about that.
Your reasoning leaves out a lot of factors.
Well, if christians followed the bible accurately, they'd all be in prison.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We have video, mineral samples, and data from that landing. There, done.
Now again, prove that Charles Manson was no Jesus.
Meteors fall from the sky all the time. No one can really prove that it is from the moon. Videos? Not with the way it looked. Where are the stars? Data can be falsified.

I've heard the conspiracy theories, they have very good points.

So, once again, you haven't proved anything. Other than you believe what someone wanted you to believe.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if christians followed the bible accurately, they'd all be in prison.
That isn't true either. But whatever...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We have reflectors up there that we can bounce lasers on. We have orbiters that have taken photos of the lander parts left there, they even show the tracks of the astornauts footprints and the tracks of the little car they borought up there. verifiable proof. We have mena that have actually placed their feet on that that satellite and come back to tell the tale. is there any more proof you need?
Data can be false, men can lie...at one time pictures showed a face on Mars...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviathan?
Leviathan? Dinosaur.

Wait are you implying dragons are dinosaurs?

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
My reasoning?
I am simply pointing out a fallacy. I am not 'reasoning'
No fallacy to point out. You're assuming that I'm making an assumption on the morality of Christians. I'm not.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that He didn't.
Prove that we landed on the moon.
Take a very strong laser, point it at the reflector that was left on the moon.

Lunar Laser Ranging experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Rang...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviathan? Dinosaur.
??

Dragons are a fiction, made to explain early fossil finds.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Meteors fall from the sky all the time. No one can really prove that it is from the moon. Videos? Not with the way it looked. Where are the stars? Data can be falsified.
So, once again, you haven't proved anything. Other than you believe what someone wanted you to believe.
Meteors have a different geologic make up than moondust

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
"Conspiracy theories have very good points." You haven't actually been listening to them, have you? Unless you are really as gullible as I assume based on your buying an entire religious doctrine without having any evidence to support it.

The evidence I stated is enough for me, as well as the evidence pointed out about the reflectors and photographs of the Moon. That's solid evidence and there is no reason they would manufacture any of it. In reality, the Moon landing is pretty much not as important right now as other such Earth based scientific advances, why you would even put in the effort to contort the evidence so you can doubt it is beyond me, that's like doubting the claim that oil comes from dead plants and animals.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviathan? Dinosaur.
Dinosaurs did not exist when the bible was written, but dragon mythology did.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No fallacy to point out. You're assuming that I'm making an assumption on the morality of Christians. I'm not.
Okay great.

Charles Mansion proclaimed that he is a Christian.

Charles Mansion believes in the Bible and the Second Coming of Jesus.

Charles Mansion is a Christian

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true either. But whatever...
It most certainly is true. First, you must read the bible to see what it says and what it claims are god given laws and directives.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Need more?

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay great.
Charles Mansion proclaimed that he is a Christian.
Charles Mansion believes in the Bible and the Second Coming of Jesus.
Charles Mansion is a Christian
Charles Manson proclaimed to believe he was both the Jesus and the devil...that is in no way any kind of Christian.

To believe in the Bible...{sigh}...Jesus said even satan believes and trembles. That doesn't make satan a christian.

{By the way: here is an example I found on another forum of just how morality can be twisted in relative subjective morality...}

Charles Manson didn't kill anyone, and I don't think he's crazy.
If you really listen to him he makes sense, and that may make you think you are crazy.
It's what I call Psychotic-logic.
So people labeled him crazy to justify their own hidden truth.. understand?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It most certainly is true. First, you must read the bible to see what it says and what it claims are god given laws and directives.
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Need more?
And yet Jesus died and rose. He took the punishment of all that onto Himself. So that there would not need for that kind of judgement UNLESS we decide not to believe and follow Him.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs did not exist when the bible was written, but dragon mythology did.
Uh-huh...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Jesus died and rose. He took the punishment of all that onto Himself. So that there would not need for that kind of judgement UNLESS we decide not to believe and follow Him.
So, billions of sinners must spend eternity in hell, but your jesus god, who took on all sin, only had to spend 3 days? WTF?

This is what jesus said about god's laws.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Until heaven and Earth pass and ALL is fulfilled, that includes the second coming, not one dot shall pass from the law.

Have you stoned a non-believer, for your god, today? NO!?!? WTF!?!? You're gonna be in trouble! You're not following your god's laws!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, it doesn't matter what you do, you can kill for any reason, steal whatever you like, and even rape whoever or whatever you want, as long as you just accept this "reward?"

Not a very good moral guide there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••