Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164080 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#30774 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Meteors fall from the sky all the time. No one can really prove that it is from the moon. Videos? Not with the way it looked. Where are the stars? Data can be falsified.
I've heard the conspiracy theories, they have very good points.
So, once again, you haven't proved anything. Other than you believe what someone wanted you to believe.
Meteors have a different geologic make up than moondust

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#30775 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Meteors fall from the sky all the time. No one can really prove that it is from the moon. Videos? Not with the way it looked. Where are the stars? Data can be falsified.
I've heard the conspiracy theories, they have very good points.
So, once again, you haven't proved anything. Other than you believe what someone wanted you to believe.
"Conspiracy theories have very good points." You haven't actually been listening to them, have you? Unless you are really as gullible as I assume based on your buying an entire religious doctrine without having any evidence to support it.

The evidence I stated is enough for me, as well as the evidence pointed out about the reflectors and photographs of the Moon. That's solid evidence and there is no reason they would manufacture any of it. In reality, the Moon landing is pretty much not as important right now as other such Earth based scientific advances, why you would even put in the effort to contort the evidence so you can doubt it is beyond me, that's like doubting the claim that oil comes from dead plants and animals.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30776 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviathan? Dinosaur.
Wait are you implying dragons are dinosaurs?
Dinosaurs did not exist when the bible was written, but dragon mythology did.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#30777 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No fallacy to point out. You're assuming that I'm making an assumption on the morality of Christians. I'm not.
Okay great.

Charles Mansion proclaimed that he is a Christian.

Charles Mansion believes in the Bible and the Second Coming of Jesus.

Charles Mansion is a Christian

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#30778 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't true either. But whatever...
It most certainly is true. First, you must read the bible to see what it says and what it claims are god given laws and directives.

When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Need more?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30779 Jun 15, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay great.
Charles Mansion proclaimed that he is a Christian.
Charles Mansion believes in the Bible and the Second Coming of Jesus.
Charles Mansion is a Christian
Charles Manson proclaimed to believe he was both the Jesus and the devil...that is in no way any kind of Christian.

To believe in the Bible...{sigh}...Jesus said even satan believes and trembles. That doesn't make satan a christian.

{By the way: here is an example I found on another forum of just how morality can be twisted in relative subjective morality...}

Charles Manson didn't kill anyone, and I don't think he's crazy.
If you really listen to him he makes sense, and that may make you think you are crazy.
It's what I call Psychotic-logic.
So people labeled him crazy to justify their own hidden truth.. understand?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30780 Jun 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
It most certainly is true. First, you must read the bible to see what it says and what it claims are god given laws and directives.
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
You should not let a sorceress live.(Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death.(Exodus 21:15 NAB)
Need more?
And yet Jesus died and rose. He took the punishment of all that onto Himself. So that there would not need for that kind of judgement UNLESS we decide not to believe and follow Him.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30781 Jun 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Dinosaurs did not exist when the bible was written, but dragon mythology did.
Uh-huh...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#30782 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet Jesus died and rose. He took the punishment of all that onto Himself. So that there would not need for that kind of judgement UNLESS we decide not to believe and follow Him.
So, billions of sinners must spend eternity in hell, but your jesus god, who took on all sin, only had to spend 3 days? WTF?

This is what jesus said about god's laws.

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Until heaven and Earth pass and ALL is fulfilled, that includes the second coming, not one dot shall pass from the law.

Have you stoned a non-believer, for your god, today? NO!?!? WTF!?!? You're gonna be in trouble! You're not following your god's laws!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30783 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, it doesn't matter what you do, you can kill for any reason, steal whatever you like, and even rape whoever or whatever you want, as long as you just accept this "reward?"

Not a very good moral guide there.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30784 Jun 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then, it doesn't matter what you do, you can kill for any reason, steal whatever you like, and even rape whoever or whatever you want, as long as you just accept this "reward?"
Not a very good moral guide there.
No.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30785 Jun 15, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
So, billions of sinners must spend eternity in hell, but your jesus god, who took on all sin, only had to spend 3 days? WTF?
This is what jesus said about god's laws.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Until heaven and Earth pass and ALL is fulfilled, that includes the second coming, not one dot shall pass from the law.
Have you stoned a non-believer, for your god, today? NO!?!? WTF!?!? You're gonna be in trouble! You're not following your god's laws!!!
HE came to fulfill it.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30786 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
So then Hitler, none of the Crusaders, none of the witch hunters, none of the priests are getting into heaven but a ton of atheists are. Okay, so then why do we have to waste our time worshiping?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30787 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
HE came to fulfill it.
Here's a good take on the matter:

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#30788 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no...I'm saying that relative morality has no standard. And by having no standard Charles Manson morality is just as good as the Pope.
In other words, morality is an illusion, subjective not objective and therefore can be changed at a whim...
Were the laws and standards of the Hebrews/Christians changed at a whim?

Animal sacrifice, no animal sacrifice.
Shellfish are bad to eat, shellfish are fine to eat.
Mixed fabrics are sinful, mixed fabrics are not sinful.

Morality is not an illusion, but the morality that works best is the one that most greatly fosters a cooperative society wherein everybody works for the betterment of everybody else. That has repeatedly demonstrated its value. Any territorialism has merely been a matter of preventing others from disrupting this society on a smaller scale, for fear of an incapacity to apply it on a larger scale because of avarice and greed.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#30789 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
HE came to fulfill it.
Should we trust the Jews and their opinions regarding the theology that is theirs in the first place? Or, do Christians understand the Jewish myths better than the people who created the stories?

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30790 Jun 15, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we trust the Jews and their opinions regarding the theology that is theirs in the first place? Or, do Christians understand the Jewish myths better than the people who created the stories?
There are many Jews that have realized who Jesus is.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30791 Jun 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then Hitler, none of the Crusaders, none of the witch hunters, none of the priests are getting into heaven but a ton of atheists are. Okay, so then why do we have to waste our time worshiping?
Well...when you put it that why, vampires, werewolves and zombies are getting into heaven too...

{Sigh}

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30792 Jun 15, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...when you put it that why, vampires, werewolves and zombies are getting into heaven too...
{Sigh}
None of those exist.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#30793 Jun 15, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those exist.
Really? So they you don't believe in evolution either?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US House of Representatives Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite court ruling, immigration advocates sti... 2 hr Local 2
News Immigration Activists Vow Electoral Repercussio... 2 hr Rob Ruvil 4
News Riots in Baltimore raise questions about police... 2 hr R12 Freon 2,346
News Obama wins trade victory in the Senate 3 hr swedenforever 9
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Earthling-1 53,570
News Dick Morris: Obama Will Lose on Immigration at ... 4 hr wild child 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Sunshine 182,534
More from around the web