Kaine: Bills Turning VA Into 'Laughingstock'

Feb 22, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Patch.com

Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine says the 2012 General Assembly's attention to divisive social issues is distracting the commonwealth from more important issues such as the economy - and turning Virginia into the butt of many jokes.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Mar 15, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

That is probably the smartest comment Kaine has ever made.

I know it is the only time I have agreed with him.
HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

He said what everyone else was thinking, or should be....

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD wrote:
He said what everyone else was thinking, or should be....
Even a blind squrrel finds a nut once in a while.

Glad that Timmy finally pulled his head out of his butt.

Let's see if he continues to breath fresh air or reverts to his normal stupidity.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Wait until Santorum becomes the nominee.
oh for pitys sake

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

This isn't a general law to keep gays from being parents. It's only to give adoption agencies that are inspired by their religious values the freedom to follow those values in the adoption process. Gays that try to force other people to accept their lifestyle as a simple alternative, are missing the point completely. What about gays that were not "born that way", but formed because of child abuse? Just curious how you feel about bisexuals? Should they be able to marry a man one year and then a woman when the first marriage doesn't work out, and then a man again? Beastiality is now making headlines and will be the next thing to move into the mainstream. Then, the fight will be on to marry our pets? signed: There's an old saying: "I was born a drunk but I don't have to act on it".
gitit

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 23, 2012
 
oh for pitys sake wrote:
the fight will be on to marry our pets?
which would make for a more loving mommy than in some human families

Just wait until the coming explosion of more kids requiring adoption due to the abortion ban and personhood bills.

Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I for one must yield to dim kaine's assessment of this. After all, who am I to argue with a professional laughing stock and the butt part speaks for itself.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

heh wrote:
Wait until Santorum becomes the nominee.
That man is wacko. I hope he gets the nomination.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

1

oh for pitys sake wrote:
This isn't a general law to keep gays from being parents. It's only to give adoption agencies that are inspired by their religious values the freedom to follow those values in the adoption process. Gays that try to force other people to accept their lifestyle as a simple alternative, are missing the point completely. What about gays that were not "born that way", but formed because of child abuse? Just curious how you feel about bisexuals? Should they be able to marry a man one year and then a woman when the first marriage doesn't work out, and then a man again? Beastiality is now making headlines and will be the next thing to move into the mainstream. Then, the fight will be on to marry our pets? signed: There's an old saying: "I was born a drunk but I don't have to act on it".
Oh, wow! Please send me a link to headlines about beastiality. I had NO IDEA it was becoming so mainstream. Maybe it is where you live...far from civilization? "Inspired by their religious values"? If they were inspired by their religious values they would not be discriminating. I doubt if Jesus would have anything to do with discrimination. Marriage is a civil ceremony. Why should civil laws not apply to everyone? If your church won't support it, then don't get married in a church.
Noneya

Staunton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 23, 2012
 
oh for pitys sake wrote:
This isn't a general law to keep gays from being parents. It's only to give adoption agencies that are inspired by their religious values the freedom to follow those values in the adoption process. Gays that try to force other people to accept their lifestyle as a simple alternative, are missing the point completely. What about gays that were not "born that way", but formed because of child abuse? Just curious how you feel about bisexuals? Should they be able to marry a man one year and then a woman when the first marriage doesn't work out, and then a man again? Beastiality is now making headlines and will be the next thing to move into the mainstream. Then, the fight will be on to marry our pets? signed: There's an old saying: "I was born a drunk but I don't have to act on it".
I'm okay with the whole gay adoption thing, but it feels like you are trying to force the whole beastiality thing on us. Nice try, but I don't think it will ever be okay for you to screw your pets.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 23, 2012
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Little Timmie Kaine is the only laughing stock to come out of Virginia. He needs to get his head unstuck from Odumbo's azz.
Glen Allen

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

VN Vet wrote:
Little Timmie Kaine is the only laughing stock to come out of Virginia. He needs to get his head unstuck from Odumbo's azz.
Former Senator Scott(R)was the biggest dummy in VAs history. Keep'em coming.
HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

VN Vet wrote:
Little Timmie Kaine is the only laughing stock to come out of Virginia. He needs to get his head unstuck from Odumbo's azz.
He is hardly the only one marching in the dumb parade.
Its not just in Virginia, seems to be nationwide. Sadly...
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 25, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD wrote:
<quoted text>
He is hardly the only one marching in the dumb parade.
Its not just in Virginia, seems to be nationwide. Sadly...
Agreed, but he is the one that hurts the people of Va., he is our little Timmie( GOD help us). Remember this bunch of buttholes in November.

“68 65 6c 6c 6f”

Since: Mar 11

Quinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Play the lottery folks! Kaine got something right.
pappy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If the Great state of Virginia makes the Comedy hour on TV that means it has become the butt of jokes--And it has. Look at what images our non illustrious governor done for Texas--Oops, and a third opps became the joke on TV and got many laughs. Our governor did not even have the guts to go head to head with his oppent in the past election. His handlers knew there would be to many oops and more oops, another brain freeeeeze

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

pappy wrote:
If the Great state of Virginia makes the Comedy hour on TV that means it has become the butt of jokes--And it has. Look at what images our non illustrious governor done for Texas--Oops, and a third opps became the joke on TV and got many laughs. Our governor did not even have the guts to go head to head with his oppent in the past election. His handlers knew there would be to many oops and more oops, another brain freeeeeze
And yet he won the election.

Sounds like his opponent wasn't worth the time.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Feb 26, 2012
 
oh for pitys sake wrote:
This isn't a general law to keep gays from being parents. It's only to give adoption agencies that are inspired by their religious values the freedom to follow those values in the adoption process. Gays that try to force other people to accept their lifestyle as a simple alternative, are missing the point completely. What about gays that were not "born that way", but formed because of child abuse? Just curious how you feel about bisexuals? Should they be able to marry a man one year and then a woman when the first marriage doesn't work out, and then a man again? Beastiality is now making headlines and will be the next thing to move into the mainstream. Then, the fight will be on to marry our pets? signed: There's an old saying: "I was born a drunk but I don't have to act on it".
Ummmm, whatchoo talkin about?

The bills that the article talked about are the vaginal penetration requirement and the personhood bill.

If they also have a bill that prevents people who are gay from adopting--well, then, that's just another fine mess.
FD Up

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Hey Tim! You had your chance and you blew it. You blew it. Thank God for term limits.
Glen Allen

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Kaine: Bills Turning VA Into 'Laughingstock'

Bill's? Bill's what?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••