CPAC: Sarah Palin says long GOP battle will strengthen nominee

Feb 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Los Angeles Times

Sarah Palin argued Saturday that the Republican presidential nominee would only be strengthened by an extended nomination battle, and she urged conservatives to unite behind whomever the party's eventual choice is.

Comments
1 - 20 of 121 Comments Last updated Feb 25, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
radiofreeamerica

Tarpon Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

Thats BS.Its only going to give obama another term.

“or Fox News”

Since: Jan 08

Vicksburg, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

And we all know Lady Sarah has been right on SOOOOOOOO many other occasions...lol
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

You can run, but you can't hide, especially from the TRUTH.

RON PAUL 2012!

RON PAUL is the only one in the GOP we can TRUST.
Ex-GOP Con

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

The funny thing about this is all the tea partier's going, "yes yes we are not the republican establishment. We are a new group. Yes yes we will rally behind whoever has an (R) by their name though."

I'm glad Sarah is exposing the TEA party for what it truly has been all along---a name change after they tarnished the GOP brand under the Bush years.
Ex-GOP Con

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2012

Judged:

I liked her use of the jacuzzi analogy in her speech. She must have thought of it while soaking in her new hot tub....paid for by all her idiot supporters LOL! Go Sarah!

“IMPEACH the Liberal's”

Since: Mar 09

Human Trafficker-in-chief!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Shes not a REAL Republican as she doesnt have a problem attacking fellow Republicans..She should shut up and stop causing division within our party.

Afterall, she's McRINO's pick so its not surprising she's starting to get on my nerves.
political reality

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Sarah Palin continues to be as significant as a fart in a hurricane.
Wall Street Government

Sebastian, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

political reality wrote:
Sarah Palin continues to be as significant as a fart in a hurricane.

Not to teabaggers, she is obviously the smart one:

He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin, botching the history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011

Paul Revere did warn the British. And in a shout-out, gotcha-type of question that was asked of me, I answered candidly. And I know my American history.''
—Sarah Palin, defending her botched Paul Revere history lesson by taking issue with the reporter, who simply asked her ''What have you seen so far today, and what are you going to take away from your visit?''(Fox News Sunday interview, June 5, 2011

''As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?''
—Sarah Palin, interview with CNBC's 'Kudlow & Co', July 2008

''They're in charge of the U.S. Senate so if they want to they can really get in there with the senators and make a lot of good policy changes that will make life better for Brandon and his family and his classroom.''
—Sarah Palin, getting the vice president's constitutional role wrong after being asked by a third grader what the vice president does, interview with NBC affiliate KUSA in Colorado, Oct. 21, 2008

''I think on a national level your Department of Law there in the White House would look at some of the things that we've been charged with and automatically throw them out.''
—Sarah Palin, referring to a department that does not exist while attempting to explain why as president she wouldn't be subjected to the same ethics investigations that compelled her to resign as governor of Alaska, ABC News interview, July 7, 2009

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

My view is that a protracted, nasty campaign
will wear everybody out, especially the winner.
The Republicans are in the process of imploding,
and the President is licking his chops, waiting
patiently to bury a weak opponent.
I think that Governor Palin made that statement
because she is trying to turn a negative into
a positive. Nice try.

“"I'm A Great American!"”

Since: Sep 08

Obama Nation! USA! USA!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

'Ol PooPoo's ALWAYS pleased to see Sarah Palin weigh in!

LOL!!! DO bring her out more often!
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Mittens has been running for POTUS for 7 years now, and still can't crack 40%.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Sarah is giving it the old Salvation Army Bell Ringer Cry!

Sarah with the Tin Cup "Tiaria".

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Anyone that once backed this Palin idiot as "Presidential material" should still be slapping themselves

....ps, in your history recall, please laugh with me on the "notes on my hand in big black magic marker ink so no one can tell I'm reading notes off my hand that i wrote in big black magic maker ink"
Your Ex

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Palin, as if running for something other than Reality Show President of the World and Conservative Conference Speaker of the Year, tore into everything Obamaesque and tore it up with easy catchphrases about everything near and dear to her dwindling, equally delusional fan base–the extreme far-righters whose credo incredibly remains, in 2012, a political world continually centered around scarifying old reliables such as abortion, guns, religion, the military and big government. It is most interesting to note that 99 percent of what Palin said is completely, wholly, utterly untrue and a lie.
~via Wonkette

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

I wondered if she still "hustles over the border" to get cheap meds on the backs of Canadian taxpayers.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

American_Infidel wrote:
Shes not a REAL Republican as she doesnt have a problem attacking fellow Republicans..She should shut up and stop causing division within our party.
Afterall, she's McRINO's pick so its not surprising she's starting to get on my nerves.
She's about as republican as today's t-bagger lead repub party gets.

The repub party once supported her as "presidential material". From Rush, to Hannity, to FauxNews, etc etc...She was the darling girl, "mamma grizzly", of the repub party.

Your whole party is causing division within the party when they bowed down to t-baggers to ride the coat tails of the movement into more repub terms and seats.

Well, you sold your souls to the devil. And now you lay with idiots like Palin. Hard to get rid of the bugs when you welcomed them into your home for political profits.

Now you're infested with t-baggers who think compromise and working together are bad things to do.
Mitt s Airtight Dog Crate

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Billy Ringo wrote:
Mittens has been running for POTUS for 7 years now, and still can't crack 40%.
The magic underpants preserve that crack.

And I don't mean crack the drug just to avoid any libelous rumors....
Mitt s Airtight Dog Crate

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Palin's not as funny as she used to be. How could you be after lunkhead Perry, crazy eyes Michelle with her effeminate hetero Marcus, and step and felchit, imo, Cain?

She still has that screechy-nasaly voice, however. Todd must be either drunk all the time or living separately or be the owner ten white noise machines....
Your Ex

Madison, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Palin’s entire speech was one long delusional rant of someone who has not followed government and politics, who has not followed the news, and who has not followed exactly what the Obama administration has actually done. It was a speech of soundbites, media bites, far-right bites. Palin kept saying that “the door is open” to some new version of reality. But the only door that is open for Palin is the doors of unreality and the doors to her home on the range in Alaska–doors that she needs to walk through, settle in behind, and close tight behind her.
~via Wonkette, again. Thanks!
Responsibility

San Bruno, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2012

Judged:

Watched as much of the Palin Parody speech as my stomach could tolerate.

Same ol', same ol'doggoneit about hugging doggone religion and doggone guns and silly sophomoric bad jokes.

Thank gawd this woman is not our vp. Doggoneit!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••