Welfare drug test bill signed into law

Apr 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bryan County News

Gov. Nathan Deal on Monday signed legislation that would require some people applying for welfare in Georgia to pass a drug test before they could get benefits.

Comments
1 - 20 of 48 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

#1 Apr 18, 2012
Right wing rethugs can sign all the laws they want but the bill of rights takes precedence over political posturing by rethugs. For example---

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#2 Apr 20, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Right wing rethugs can sign all the laws they want but the bill of rights takes precedence over political posturing by rethugs.
Wrong! But nice try though.
BNB91

Winter Springs, FL

#3 May 19, 2012
so what
ROBERT GISCARD

Elizabethtown, PA

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Right wing rethugs can sign all the laws they want but the bill of rights takes precedence over political posturing by rethugs. For example---
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
GREAT POINT!....except for that one troublesome little word. "their". "..secure in 'their' persons, houses, papers, and effects..." It specifically requires ownership before the right is violated.

Government handout money is not your money. It's the people's money. If your worthless, lazy, slothful life has gotten to the point where you believe the money you suck off the government tit somehow belongs to you through constitutional right, then you're just one more anchor on the ass of society.

We as a society don't guarantee your happiness, we only guarantee your right to pursue your own happiness. Despite this, the people have decided that out of the goodness of our hearts we will assist those in need. All we ask is that you don't break the laws of the land and ingest drugs that will keep you from getting back to a productive state of being.....and apparently you can't do that. Disgusting.
rider

Ishpeming, MI

#5 Jun 22, 2012
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Right wing rethugs can sign all the laws they want but the bill of rights takes precedence over political posturing by rethugs. For example---
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Tomorrow the same people supporting the bill will be whining about too big of Gov't. LMAO! When the re-thugs come for the guns remember to remind the people how they fell for the fear the left propaganda. The right wings are the ones that fear armed America the most. Think of it, if ever an uprising who's going to lose the most?(Corporate,MIC,Prison Industrial Complex PURPLE HAZE - JIMI HENDRIX LIVE AT MONTEREY POP FESTIVAL
Apr 13, 2012 ... jimi hendrix plays purple haze at monterey pop festival.

- 120k -
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#6 Jun 24, 2012
It's about time someone holds people on welfare responsible for the money taxpayers have to shell out for them. It is one thing to help someone get a hand up, but to keep them dependent is criminal. When they use the money to buy drugs and booze(or big chrome wheels and fat tires)it HAS TO STOP. Five or so generations on welfare is too much. Get a job.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#7 Jun 24, 2012
to pass a drug test before they could get benefits.

Amen!!!
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#8 Jun 25, 2012
The law will be challenged, and it will be over turned just like Rick Scott's law in FL was.
And drug tests to not catch drug addicts. They only catch people who do not know how to pass a drug test.
Instead of testing the poor, wealthy Americans should have to pass a drug test monthly. Money and power create more addictions then being poor and destitute.
liza

Fairmont, WV

#9 Jun 25, 2012
Get those lazy gov. workers off their as%s and
check those that have been living off us for
years. ITS not just drugs, it just
plain thief. Working w/ not able, yea thats
OK. Making money under the table and drawing
money from you and me. Everyone knows it but.
they want their votes. We let all these free
gov., payouts and the same people will let it
continue.....Your duped and dumb, but never do
anything about it. And try to stay on the subject, and stop the envy of those who don't live
off the government......Your one of those aren't you? The dumbest generation.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#10 Jun 25, 2012
liza wrote:
Get those lazy gov. workers off their as%s and
check those that have been living off us for
years. ITS not just drugs, it just
plain thief. Working w/ not able, yea thats
OK. Making money under the table and drawing
money from you and me. Everyone knows it but.
they want their votes. We let all these free
gov., payouts and the same people will let it
continue.....Your duped and dumb, but never do
anything about it. And try to stay on the subject, and stop the envy of those who don't live
off the government......Your one of those aren't you? The dumbest generation.
So who gets more money.....
Poor people or large corporation?
More money in bailouts, tax incentives, kickbacks, went to the well to do Americans, then goes to welfare and food stamps
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#11 Jun 25, 2012
Would the governor submitt to a drug test?
Perhaps any company who receives a tax credit should have to pass a drug test too.
I think every cop in the US Should have to pass a drug test before their shift each day. They sometimes they have to talk to or touch poor people and they could easily catch their addiction. Taxpayers pay cop salaries,
All airline pilots should be drug and alcohol tested before flying a passenger plane. I'm not worried about them stealing from me, there is another concern there.
So let's just drug test everybody.
Most of the people who post on here would probably fail a comprehensive drug test.
Maybe we could set up drug testing at the polling places for the presidential election. Only drug addicts would vote for a Mormon.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#12 Jun 25, 2012
I forgot to mention...
Shouldn't we be drug testing our old people on medicare and SS? I don't want grandma buying crack with her SS checks.
And of course all "reporters or commentators" on Faux News.

And anyone who is going to call me names for my posts will have to FAIL a drug test for me to take them seriously.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Jun 25, 2012
Only TANF parents of children are tested, does not affect the checks for the children, does not afect food stamps, medical assistance WIC, housing, energy (for the one being tested).
Doews not affect grandparents getting TANGF for their grandchildren.
So it affects potentially about 1% of the 'welfare' population.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#14 Jun 25, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
I forgot to mention...
Shouldn't we be drug testing our old people on medicare and SS? I don't want grandma buying crack with her SS checks.
And of course all "reporters or commentators" on Faux News.
And anyone who is going to call me names for my posts will have to FAIL a drug test for me to take them seriously.
Drug tests to get and maintain a job is common in this country. People on welfare are sucking money off honest,working folks who do get drug-tested. Elderly folks on SS etc. are on pain drugs from having to put up with people like you who shouldn't live long enough to get old, you punk-worm.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#15 Jun 26, 2012
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Drug tests to get and maintain a job is common in this country. People on welfare are sucking money off honest,working folks who do get drug-tested. Elderly folks on SS etc. are on pain drugs from having to put up with people like you who shouldn't live long enough to get old, you punk-worm.
There we go. That what I was looking for.
So I noticed you're a Vietnam Nam vet. So you must be getting some kind of government money, or VA medical coverage.
How often do you give a urine sample?
Only 2% of welfare people have drug problems. I've heard drug issues in the Nam were some what worse then that.
So before I pay for your next medical visit to the VA, I think it is only fair you fill up this cup first. And if you fail, No more medical for you.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#16 Jun 26, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
There we go. That what I was looking for.
So I noticed you're a Vietnam Nam vet. So you must be getting some kind of government money, or VA medical coverage.
How often do you give a urine sample?
Only 2% of welfare people have drug problems. I've heard drug issues in the Nam were some what worse then that.
So before I pay for your next medical visit to the VA, I think it is only fair you fill up this cup first. And if you fail, No more medical for you.
Let me guess where hyou get that 2% numbder.

Florida.
Here is the rest of the story. Those who do not apply for TANF for themselves, do not get tested, or even asked.
So your 2% is from 1% of the population.

Form the general welfare population it is at least 20%, and gthat is conservative.

Give mde a source for your 2%, and I will show you why it is not even close.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#17 Jun 26, 2012
BeHereNow wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess where hyou get that 2% numbder.
Florida.
Here is the rest of the story. Those who do not apply for TANF for themselves, do not get tested, or even asked.
So your 2% is from 1% of the population.
Form the general welfare population it is at least 20%, and gthat is conservative.
Give mde a source for your 2%, and I will show you why it is not even close.
Yes my 2% comes from the FL experience in drug testing for welfare.
But honestly I don't care who uses drugs. If welfare helps to feed kids I don't care what it costs.
Telmark

Redding, CA

#18 Jun 26, 2012
Ya sure SoS, you "don't care what it costs" (just as long as the likes of you libs aren't paying for it).

But hey, drugged out welfare people make "great" Democrats.

Drug addiction, welfare, and lots of polling places to "vote early-vote often" are what keep Democrats in power (over the likes of you).

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#19 Jun 26, 2012
Sick of Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes my 2% comes from the FL experience in drug testing for welfare.
But honestly I don't care who uses drugs. If welfare helps to feed kids I don't care what it costs.
So it was not drug testing for 'welfare'- that includes food stamps, medical assistance, housing, energy assistance. It only experienced drug testing of 'Parents for TANF'(cash assistance).
In my county that would be 40 cases, out of 8000 total cases.
Even then, they can choose to refuse to take the test - just will not get TANF benefits, but can anything else.
One out of 200 cases gets tested, and 2% of those show drug use.
The other 199, not tested - who is to say how many use drugs.

The methadone clinics in our city are doing a great business, and they are 90% paid for my medical assistance (welfare), just not TANF money.

I'm not even counting 'pot' as a drug, not alcohol either.
Just herion, coke, crack, meth.

The poplation of drug users is no less among the cronic welfare bunch, and it may be no more.
Those who work have drug problems they support.
Those loafers who meet all needs with social service dollars, including drug problems, seems to me to be different.

Children should not be neglected.
If the parents are not caring for the children, take them away, where they will be not only fed, but treated as they should be.
The worst part of neglect is emotional, not dietary.
Food in their stomach is not enough. Children do not live by bread alone.
Sick of Stupid

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#20 Jun 26, 2012
Being poor does not make a person anything you mentioned. Trying to legislate people to follow moral standards is what the 3rd Reight did.
Instead of feeding the poor, Perhaps murdering them all is more to your liking. Not the kids of course, after their wretched parents have been felt with all the leftover kids can be adopted by legally married gay people. There is no way that will cost more then giving poor people $$$ hand over fist like our damned liberal regime has been doing with our taxes.
Our tax money is for killing extremists who want to kill us. Not to be given to Americans I don't like.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nathan Deal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gov. Deal pushes for clinical drug trials of ma... Jul '14 Tristen 1
Sound Off for Saturday, July 5, 2014 Jul '14 SpaceBlues 3
Five-year plan predicts shrinking enrollment in... Apr '14 Angela Davis 1
Hollywood stars get little love at Tony noms Apr '14 Star Wars 1
Deal appoints Collins to DA post (Jul '13) Apr '14 Really 40
Sound Off Apr '14 chrisiankov 1
Gov. Deal may seek other options for medical ma... Apr '14 N8 the Grrr8 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Nathan Deal People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••