Former Mich. governor pushes clean energy in Ohio

Apr 27, 2011 Full story: WKYC 8

Former Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm is visiting Ohio to talk about the economic benefits of investing in clean energy.

Full Story
Dave S

Columbus, OH

#1 Apr 27, 2011
She was clueless as Governor of Michigan. One of the worst ever.Big Taxer!
Green does not produce anything. Maybe she should try moving back home to Canada.
Go Away!
John c

Columbus, OH

#2 Apr 27, 2011
is John boy going to tell her off now
TOTEM

United States

#3 Apr 27, 2011
Dave S wrote:
She was clueless as Governor of Michigan. One of the worst ever.Big Taxer!
Green does not produce anything. Maybe she should try moving back home to Canada.
Go Away!
Another self proclaimed expert are ya ??
imaginaryfriend

Westland, MI

#4 Apr 27, 2011
She did a good job as governor having to deal with so many repukes in the legislature. She was not a fascist dictator like the present idiotic moron that we will be recalling. Green energy will many jobs, producing solar, battery, wind, and biofuels from quick renewables from hemp, etc. (will bring) This nation will not succeed unless we bring back our manufacturing base.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#5 Apr 27, 2011
imaginaryfriend wrote:
She did a good job as governor
Ha-ha-ha!!!!!!
engineeringtech

United States

#6 Apr 27, 2011
imaginaryfriend wrote:
She did a good job as governor having to deal with so many repukes in the legislature. She was not a fascist dictator like the present idiotic moron that we will be recalling. Green energy will many jobs, producing solar, battery, wind, and biofuels from quick renewables from hemp, etc.(will bring) This nation will not succeed unless we bring back our manufacturing base.
She was a good governor . I had the pleasure to meet her a few years ago. As for clean or alternative energy, many in this country want to see it fail. They want to use every drop of oil,burn every ton of coal and suck every last cubic ft. of natural gas from the earth. The only thing wrong with this plan is that it will become so expensive in the future that no economy can survive unless they have another energy source to fall back on . It's hard to fix stupid and equally hard to win over sheer greed.

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#7 Apr 28, 2011
engineeringtech wrote:
<quoted text> As for clean or alternative energy, many in this country want to see it fail. They want to use every drop of oil,burn every ton of coal and suck every last cubic ft. of natural gas from the earth.
Little dramatic, aren't you? The reason many people in this country aren't on board with clean energy is not because they want to rape the earth as you insinuate. It's because alternative sources such as wind and solar are so inferior to things such as oil and nuclear with regard to energy output.

I guarantee you that if you invent an engine tomorrow that runs off of tap water, is comparable to the energy output of a gasoline engine, and the only byproduct is water vapor, every American will be standing in line to buy one.
LisaT

United States

#8 Apr 29, 2011
Sneaky Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Little dramatic, aren't you? The reason many people in this country aren't on board with clean energy is not because they want to rape the earth as you insinuate. It's because alternative sources such as wind and solar are so inferior to things such as oil and nuclear with regard to energy output.
I guarantee you that if you invent an engine tomorrow that runs off of tap water, is comparable to the energy output of a gasoline engine, and the only byproduct is water vapor, every American will be standing in line to buy one.
You are going to have to give up your oil and coal eventually . Oil will be to expensive and coal is to dirty. Nuclear power has waste problems like coal that haven't been solved. The reason people in this country don't want to change is because change is not easy and many are ignorant of any other way to live. We have had it good for so long , people here can't imagine anything else, but they had better get accustomed to it. Many will never accept nuclear power ,especially after the fiasco in Japan. Coal will always be a dirty fuel and the ash will never find a home. The folks who like to fight change can sit in the dark.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jennifer Granholm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rocker Nugent hijacks attention in race for Tex... (Feb '14) Feb '14 2ndAmRight 17
Finley: From one Bubba to another (Nov '13) Nov '13 Pete 1
Restoring 13th check hurts retirees in long-run (Oct '13) Oct '13 Pete 2
Reaction from Livonia: Kwame Kilpatrick verdict... (Mar '13) Oct '13 Jim Parsons 8
Michigan's Snyder Made Tough Decisions, Now Fac... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Phil 1
Michigan filmmakers breathe new life into small... (Jun '13) Jun '13 James Christman 2
Obamas Under Fire for 'Personal Responsibility ... (May '13) May '13 Sunshine 1

Jennifer Granholm People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE