Moreno Valley: Skechers' warehouse has caused net job loss

Feb 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Press-Enterprise

Skechers' massive distribution center in Moreno Valley was supposed to provide a refreshing boost to the job market in a city that badly needed one.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Voto Latino wrote:
Mvgordie confronts Mike Rios and his daughter ( a Harvard Student )@ Walmart, on Sunday on isle 4, at 3:00 p.m., while the Walmart cameras were rolling., and Mike Rio's daughter set the records straight about the ALLEGED molestation. This Harvard Student asked Mr. Tucker right in his face to stop spread lies about the issue.
Good for her !..... and Mike Rios asked Mr. Tuckers to stop the lies and Gordon refused and said " one tells me what to put on my web site."
Please tell me Mike Rios was not hanging out at the local walmart in hopes of finding a new woman for himself and a new mommy for his children. I would have thought the man had a few brains that when men say its easy to pick up women in the produce section of your local grocery store they were just joking.

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Sal wrote:
<quoted text>
For Voto Latino to know so much personal information about this incident, "Voto Latino" must be no one other than Mike Rios, habitual liar himself. So they gave your daughter a standing ovation? Really? The standing part is probably true because I don't know customers who are sitting at a Walmart. But an ovation? I'm sure that was just part of your over active imagination.
And let's talk about this "Harvard" student of yours. Two things on that. Why are you putting your kids out in the public like that? It's no one business where she's going to college at and yet you are doing exactly what you blame others for doing.
Second, so she was accepted to Harvard University? Don't you mean, Harvard-Westlake Prep School in Los Angeles. I doubt that any offspring of yours could really make the grade at thee Harvard. But Mike, if it makes you feel more important, go ahead and spread just one more of your lies.
The people of Moreno Valley are smarter than you think. We're in on your lying, cheating ways. Now why don't you do the noble thing and move your family and your wife back to El Salvador where you all belong!
Sal execellent post, sounds like you might actually know the jerk.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me Mike Rios was not hanging out at the local walmart in hopes of finding a new woman for himself and a new mommy for his children. I would have thought the man had a few brains that when men say its easy to pick up women in the produce section of your local grocery store they were just joking.
LMAO!!
Sal

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sal execellent post, sounds like you might actually know the jerk.
Actually, my circle of friends are smart and honest, just the opposite of what Mike Rios is. Therefore, Mike Rios could never be a friend of mine. I pity the poor souls who naively befriend Mike and his narcissistic personality. Hopefully it won't take them too long to wise-up and see that Mike only wants friends who will further boost his wild, out-of-control ego.

Since: Oct 09

SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

Question: Skechers mega distribution center in Moreno Valley (aka Cargo Belago)has a retail "outlet store" there. Is it zoned for retail sales?? or is it zoned for warehouse? It may be operating illegally.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

good point
Rios Haters

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

Really interesting how one side of the argument has been left up and the other side deleted...and it's not even about the subject in the article!

Nice diversion from the topic, but I guess if you hate Rios you'll take any forum you can get to spout about it. It's kind of amazing really..I've been trying to figure out what this guy's terrible sins are but so far all I can see is that he's a drama queen.
Considering the shenanigans of other moreno valley official gangstas discussed on mvgordie's website, who are in office and not facing any threat or challenge, at this time, like Rios, it's kind of a stumper that this mvgordie person is so obsessed with Rios. But somehow I doubt mvgordie's all over the web posting about the other officials he/she's written about online.

Perhaps because they are white?

Since: Oct 09

SoCal

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2012

Judged:

Pretty sure this discussion was warehouse related. Skechers to be exact. Yes, the building is white and the 3000 promised jobs never happened.

In fact they intend on building MORE warehouses close by.
Vredesbyrd

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2012

Judged:

I'm a little late on this topic but: From what I've heard, not only do they have robots doing our jobs but they also recycled their employees from the warehouse they closed down in Ontario and gave them the remainder jobs at the warehouse here in Moreno Valley. There were never any jobs to begin with and I highly doubt they did any real hiring of Moreno Valley citizens.

But that right there is the entire problem; people from LA being hired in Riverside and vice versa. So many people living in different counties taking our jobs here. I've met people that work in Moreno Valley establishments that don't even live here. We original citizens must follow suit by finding jobs in other cities. As a result, freeways are terribly congested, emissions are at an all time high, and we burn through gas like a frat boy chugging beer at a party. Some people can't afford to find a job 30 miles away from home; gas is so expensive that its not even worth it. This is highly inconvenient, inefficient, and is only making matters worse. It would help if Moreno Valley citizens were prioritized in Moreno Valley when places started hiring, and I suggest other cities do the same for the sake of gas, time, and the unemployment rate.
omg

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Really people? Why act surprised or "appalled" to knowing or hearing about how a city council or what ever he is to this city, isn't some squeaky clean square who associates himself with nothing but other squeaky clean squares. This country was founded and built by men 100 times worse than that. Like cold-hearted back stabbing cons,murderers,rapists,and thieves. Who by the way were not natives of this land and did carry any green-cards when they got here. Rios having the background everyone is gossiping about on here would probably have a better connection with the people of the city. Sorry but as a common person who works hard and is in the daily struggle I trust the person who can sympathize and do what he can because he himself knows from his own life experience to help our community a bit better than trust my communities well being in a person that can never comprehend what it is to be in the struggle because he or she has a clean record. I am not GOD and refuse to pass judgment because I and my family, friends and associates aren't exactly good candidates to apply for the CIA if you know what i mean. I have a clean record but guilty by association. Funny how we are so quick to point fingers and talk crap about the life decisions of others but yet for every 1 finger u point out, there is 4 pointing right back at you.
Another thing, so what if illegals get hired to work.. I bet for every 1 undocumented worker, there's probably 10-20 American born lazy ass Welfare Cases collecting hand outs which by the way the undocumented worker will be contributing in paying taxes he or she will never see a penny in refunds like all other hardworking documented workers do. Ask your US Treasurer where that unclaimed money is going to... maybe you can get a trustworthy answer since they probably are married to a nice american born spouse with a clean lifetime record who probably never had to worry about whether spending the last 20dollars they have until payday 2 wks away on food or gas to get to work. just ask them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••