Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 1,504)

Showing posts 30,061 - 30,080 of106,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Another Christian, struggling for coherence.
Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
creationism is not illegal in school. It's just illegal to force it to be taught.
You really run off at the mouth with out brain in gauged.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
Evolution and vampires, werewolves and zombies...vampires, werewolves and zombies and evolution.
Can't have one without the other.
All real scientists know this...
Insane, huh?

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the same education system that teaches evolution...hmmm...
So, your "reasoning" here is apparently this:

Knightmare is ignorant after attending school, therefore it's the school's fault, not Knightmare's.

The school teaches evolution, therefore evolution is wrong.

Forgetting the OBVIOUS logical flaws in this claim, let's address it by replacing the nouns.

Knightmare is immoral after attending church, therefore it's the church's fault, not Knightmare's.

The church teaches the 10 commandments, therefore the 10 commandments are wrong.

Still want to support this line of reasoning?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Doctor Who Two wrote:
<quoted text>
http://uweb.superlink.net/~dialect/theory.htm...
Flaws in the logic of Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity.
By Ilya Stavinsky
Published in magazine
PHILOSOPHICAL RESEARCHES,#4, Moscow 12/2000
Special theory according to A. Einstein, came into existence as the result of the fact that the propagation of light, which is independent from the speed of its source, could not be explained from the principle of relativity in classical mechanics. From here follows that if one can logically disprove this fact then special theory of relativity will lose its credibility and scientific meaning. In the following article the reader will find not only such an explanation but specific flaws in Einstein's examples as well.
Philosophy does not override science. NEVER will mental masturbation undo what is observed and demonstrated in reality.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>It has been explained with SCP suitable systems concept.
From there, all you have to do is a bunch of research to back up your claims, and then demonstrate that God did it with magic.

Hop to it, moron.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your "reasoning" here is apparently this:
Knightmare is ignorant after attending school, therefore it's the school's fault, not Knightmare's.
The school teaches evolution, therefore evolution is wrong.
Forgetting the OBVIOUS logical flaws in this claim, let's address it by replacing the nouns.
Knightmare is immoral after attending church, therefore it's the church's fault, not Knightmare's.
The church teaches the 10 commandments, therefore the 10 commandments are wrong.
Still want to support this line of reasoning?
Ummm...I'll try a different line thank you...

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Insane, huh?
You got that right...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right...
I cannot get any answers to my simple questions. Maybe you would take a crack at them?

Can you answer some very simple questions?
1. Is jesus god?
2. Did jesus die on the cross?
3. Is jesus alive now?
4. Is jesus' mission complete? Has he done all that he was meant to do?
5. Are there humans, of former humans, in heaven or does everyone have to wait until judgment day?
6. If there are some in heaven, some in hell, and some that are waiting to be judged; what is the criteria for being judged and sent to your eternal reward while others wait?
7. What was god doing during the great battle of the angles?
8. Some say that good could not exist without evil; when god was alone, was he evil too?
9. Why did god create evil, or has it always existed?
10. Can we believe the bible when it tells us that the Earth is only about 6,000 years old?

“Wear white at night.”

Albuquerque

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Insane, huh?
He entered the forum asking where are the fire breathing dragons predicted by evolution so, yeah, we've known that for quite some time.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I cannot get any answers to my simple questions. Maybe you would take a crack at them?
Can you answer some very simple questions?
1. Is jesus god?
Yes.
Yes.
3. Is jesus alive now?
Yes.
4. Is jesus' mission complete? Has he done all that he was meant to do? As far as redemption from for all yes.
5. Are there humans, of former humans, in heaven or does everyone have to wait until judgment day? There at least 2 different views, and I would have to say yes and no.
6. If there are some in heaven, some in hell, and some that are waiting to be judged; what is the criteria for being judged and sent to your eternal reward while others wait? There is a scripture that mentions this...let me get back to you on that, I'll try to find it.
7. What was god doing during the great battle of the angles? This I don't know. I will have to do a little research on this. Good question though.
8. Some say that good could not exist without evil; when god was alone, was he evil too? No. That saying is a human saying.
9. Why did god create evil, or has it always existed? God did not create evil. Evil is rebellion against God.
10. Can we believe the bible when it tells us that the Earth is only about 6,000 years old? Yes. Because ultimately it doesn't give a year or date other than 6 days of creation.
1. Is jesus god?
Yes.
Yes.
3. Is jesus alive now?
Yes.
4. Is jesus' mission complete? Has he done all that he was meant to do? As far as redemption from for all yes.
5. Are there humans, of former humans, in heaven or does everyone have to wait until judgment day? There at least 2 different views, and I would have to say yes and no.
6. If there are some in heaven, some in hell, and some that are waiting to be judged; what is the criteria for being judged and sent to your eternal reward while others wait? There is a scripture that mentions this...let me get back to you on that, I'll try to find it.
7. What was god doing during the great battle of the angles? This I don't know. I will have to do a little research on this. Good question though.
8. Some say that good could not exist without evil; when god was alone, was he evil too? No. That saying is a human saying.
9. Why did god create evil, or has it always existed? God did not create evil. Evil is rebellion against God.
10. Can we believe the bible when it tells us that the Earth is only about 6,000 years old? Yes. Because ultimately it doesn't give a year or date other than 6 days of creation.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

15th Dalai Lama wrote:
<quoted text>
He entered the forum asking where are the fire breathing dragons predicted by evolution so, yeah, we've known that for quite some time.
Well, now that you mention it...you can say...vampires, werewolves, zombies, bigfoot and dragons, oh and UFO's and evolution are all connected.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Is jesus god?
Yes.
Yes.
3. Is jesus alive now?
Yes.
I don't understand. If jesus is a god, how could he die? If he is alive, what did he sacrifice? One cannot sacrifice their life and still live!
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>4. Is jesus' mission complete? Has he done all that he was meant to do? As far as redemption from for all yes.
No; the question is, did jesus complete everything that he had to do? Nothing left?
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>5. Are there humans, of former humans, in heaven or does everyone have to wait until judgment day? There at least 2 different views, and I would have to say yes and no.
Why are there different views on such a basic question?
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>6. If there are some in heaven, some in hell, and some that are waiting to be judged; what is the criteria for being judged and sent to your eternal reward while others wait? There is a scripture that mentions this...let me get back to you on that, I'll try to find it.
Good.
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>7. What was god doing during the great battle of the angles? This I don't know. I will have to do a little research on this. Good question though.
Good.
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>8. Some say that good could not exist without evil; when god was alone, was he evil too? No. That saying is a human saying.
If god created everything, and god claims to be the author of evil, why would you have any doubts or question to the fact that god created evil.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.(Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>9. Why did god create evil, or has it always existed? God did not create evil. Evil is rebellion against God.
How could there be rebellion, if it was not created?
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>10. Can we believe the bible when it tells us that the Earth is only about 6,000 years old? Yes. Because ultimately it doesn't give a year or date other than 6 days of creation.
You believe that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old? Despite all the evidence to the contrary and only the bible to support you?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now that you mention it...you can say...vampires, werewolves, zombies, bigfoot and dragons, oh and UFO's and evolution are all connected.
Still not funny, Knight. Not even close.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
So, are you saying that the words in the Bible are up to interpretation and that things like "day" could mean "a billion years"?
Holy Ghost

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Nightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
All around you, in every life of every true believer.
I can't speak for my sisters and brothers in Jesus Christ but I know His voice. Though sometimes I don't listen to HIm like I should.
John 10:27
New King James Version (NKJV)
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
GET OFF MY PLANET!!!!!! Venus needs some life forms brainwashed beyond help..........
davy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Severely religitarded
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you saying that the words in the Bible are up to interpretation and that things like "day" could mean "a billion years"?
Actually there is room for that yes...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is room for that yes...
Tom and Juan are put in a room where Tom has to explain to Juan how to build an engine so the Juan can direct others. Tom speaks English and Spanish, Juan only speaks Spanish. Which language would Tom use to direct Juan?

Now, don't you think a god would have used language that we all would understand? Would Tom knowingly use a term that would confuse Juan, knowing that Juan would then use that term and confuse the others?

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand. If jesus is a god, how could he die? If he is alive, what did he sacrifice? One cannot sacrifice their life and still live!
<quoted text>
No; the question is, did jesus complete everything that he had to do? Nothing left?
<quoted text>
Why are there different views on such a basic question?
<quoted text>
Good.
<quoted text>
Good.
<quoted text>
If god created everything, and god claims to be the author of evil, why would you have any doubts or question to the fact that god created evil.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.(Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
<quoted text>
How could there be rebellion, if it was not created?
<quoted text>
You believe that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old? Despite all the evidence to the contrary and only the bible to support you?
I'll take the first two here initially...

I don't understand. If jesus is a god, how could he die? If he is alive, what did he sacrifice? One cannot sacrifice their life and still live! Jesus is fully God and fully man. In this way is how is able to suffer and die. And the sacrifice was being separated from God the Father, His Father, a separation that we all face because of sin. Matthew 27:45-46

"Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Psalms 22:18

"They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."
In Psalms 22 is revealed God's rejection of Christ because He stands in as representative for man as the second Adam (1st Corinthians 15:22,45) laden with our sins. Christ asserts that He has been forsaken and rejected by both God and man. Yet in the psalms we see the "faith of Christ" as He still trusts "His God," and continues His faithfulness. He is sure that in the end God will be His help and his faith will be justified. And Christ quotes these Psalms and other scriptures that we might search them out and consider them wisely.

Hebrews 13:5

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
He was forsaken for our sins, for our iniquities, for our transgressions. And because we know the answer to His plaintive question "why," we have full assurance of our completed redemption. Joyfully, our hearts may be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ (Colossians 2:2).

John 5:36-39

"But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."
The works were not completely finished until He died on the cross. For us to think that Christ was unable to understand fully His abandonment by God the Father as the sacrifice for us, is to completely convolute his entire ministry. For Christ knew and spoke of the work of the atonement, He knew He had to die for sins, He knew He had to suffer for the iniquity of many, and He knew that the Father had to administer that judgment. In short, He knew the cup was handed to Him of God, thus to say anything less makes a mockery of the doctrine of Christ.

Dread Pirate Roberts

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2012

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/faq/why_has...

Here's the link to some of what I posted...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 30,061 - 30,080 of106,060
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••