Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#31162 Jun 19, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there is room for that yes...
Tom and Juan are put in a room where Tom has to explain to Juan how to build an engine so the Juan can direct others. Tom speaks English and Spanish, Juan only speaks Spanish. Which language would Tom use to direct Juan?

Now, don't you think a god would have used language that we all would understand? Would Tom knowingly use a term that would confuse Juan, knowing that Juan would then use that term and confuse the others?

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31163 Jun 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand. If jesus is a god, how could he die? If he is alive, what did he sacrifice? One cannot sacrifice their life and still live!
<quoted text>
No; the question is, did jesus complete everything that he had to do? Nothing left?
<quoted text>
Why are there different views on such a basic question?
<quoted text>
Good.
<quoted text>
Good.
<quoted text>
If god created everything, and god claims to be the author of evil, why would you have any doubts or question to the fact that god created evil.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.(Isaiah 45:7, KJV)
<quoted text>
How could there be rebellion, if it was not created?
<quoted text>
You believe that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old? Despite all the evidence to the contrary and only the bible to support you?
I'll take the first two here initially...

I don't understand. If jesus is a god, how could he die? If he is alive, what did he sacrifice? One cannot sacrifice their life and still live! Jesus is fully God and fully man. In this way is how is able to suffer and die. And the sacrifice was being separated from God the Father, His Father, a separation that we all face because of sin. Matthew 27:45-46

"Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Psalms 22:18

"They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."
In Psalms 22 is revealed God's rejection of Christ because He stands in as representative for man as the second Adam (1st Corinthians 15:22,45) laden with our sins. Christ asserts that He has been forsaken and rejected by both God and man. Yet in the psalms we see the "faith of Christ" as He still trusts "His God," and continues His faithfulness. He is sure that in the end God will be His help and his faith will be justified. And Christ quotes these Psalms and other scriptures that we might search them out and consider them wisely.

Hebrews 13:5

"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
He was forsaken for our sins, for our iniquities, for our transgressions. And because we know the answer to His plaintive question "why," we have full assurance of our completed redemption. Joyfully, our hearts may be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ (Colossians 2:2).

No; the question is, did jesus complete everything that he had to do? Nothing left?

John 5:36-39

"But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."
The works were not completely finished until He died on the cross. For us to think that Christ was unable to understand fully His abandonment by God the Father as the sacrifice for us, is to completely convolute his entire ministry. For Christ knew and spoke of the work of the atonement, He knew He had to die for sins, He knew He had to suffer for the iniquity of many, and He knew that the Father had to administer that judgment. In short, He knew the cup was handed to Him of God, thus to say anything less makes a mockery of the doctrine of Christ.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31164 Jun 19, 2012
http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/faq/why_has...

Here's the link to some of what I posted...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31165 Jun 19, 2012
davy wrote:
Severely religitarded
<quoted text>
Hey...it's the evolutionist that hold to vampires, werewolves and zombies.

Evolution would be nowhere without the existence of these...

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31166 Jun 19, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Still not funny, Knight. Not even close.
It wasn't all that not funny...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#31167 Jun 19, 2012
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom and Juan are put in a room where Tom has to explain to Juan how to build an engine so the Juan can direct others. Tom speaks English and Spanish, Juan only speaks Spanish. Which language would Tom use to direct Juan?
Now, don't you think a god would have used language that we all would understand? Would Tom knowingly use a term that would confuse Juan, knowing that Juan would then use that term and confuse the others?
Therefore, Tom has better sense than god.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#31168 Jun 19, 2012
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm.
Answer me this quickly, if I may interject:
Obviously, the earth and moon have a gravitational force between them.
How come the Moon orbits the Earth, instead of smashing into it?
I would expect a balance between centrifugal force and gravity.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31169 Jun 19, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
{Head/Desk...Repeatedly...Face /Palm...Sigh}

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31170 Jun 19, 2012
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I would expect a balance between centrifugal force and gravity.
There is a Jedi at all times on the moon just for that purpose...

Seffner, FL

#31171 Jun 19, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
{Head/Desk...Repeatedly...Face /Palm...Sigh}
As you should.

Seriously, why would god make his 'word' incapable of being clearly understood even in the multiple languages he supposedly created.

BTW, speaking of multiple languages, didn't god realize that people would quickly overcome his alleged confusion of tongues?
rider

Ishpeming, MI

#31173 Jun 19, 2012
Delta Kappa Epsilon Famous Dekes
Theodore Roosevelt; Gerald R. Ford; George H.W. Bush; J. Danforth Quayle ...
Joe Paterno (Football Coach, Penn State University); George Steinbrenner ...

http://www.vtdke.com/fraternity/famous-dekes/ - 20k -

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31174 Jun 19, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
As you should.
Seriously, why would god make his 'word' incapable of being clearly understood even in the multiple languages he supposedly created.
BTW, speaking of multiple languages, didn't god realize that people would quickly overcome his alleged confusion of tongues?
Didn't happen overnight...and we still have problems to this day...

Seffner, FL

#31176 Jun 19, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't happen overnight...and we still have problems to this day...
We do. It's called bible translations.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#31177 Jun 19, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand. If jesus is a god, how could he die? If he is alive, what did he sacrifice? One cannot sacrifice their life and still live! Jesus is fully God and fully man. In this way is how is able to suffer and die. And the sacrifice was being separated from God the Father, His Father, a separation that we all face because of sin. Matthew 27:45-46
"Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"
Psalms 22:18
"They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture."
In Psalms 22 is revealed God's rejection of Christ because He stands in as representative for man as the second Adam (1st Corinthians 15:22,45) laden with our sins. Christ asserts that He has been forsaken and rejected by both God and man. Yet in the psalms we see the "faith of Christ" as He still trusts "His God," and continues His faithfulness. He is sure that in the end God will be His help and his faith will be justified. And Christ quotes these Psalms and other scriptures that we might search them out and consider them wisely.
Hebrews 13:5
"Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."
He was forsaken for our sins, for our iniquities, for our transgressions. And because we know the answer to His plaintive question "why," we have full assurance of our completed redemption. Joyfully, our hearts may be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ (Colossians 2:2).
"But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."
The works were not completely finished until He died on the cross. For us to think that Christ was unable to understand fully His abandonment by God the Father as the sacrifice for us, is to completely convolute his entire ministry. For Christ knew and spoke of the work of the atonement, He knew He had to die for sins, He knew He had to suffer for the iniquity of many, and He knew that the Father had to administer that judgment. In short, He knew the cup was handed to Him of God, thus to say anything less makes a mockery of the doctrine of Christ.
That was truly wonderful. Thank you.

Dread Pirate Roberts

#31178 Jun 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>That was truly wonderful. Thank you.
You're welcome and God bless you brother...

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#31179 Jun 19, 2012
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand. If jesus is a god, how could he die? If he is alive, what did he sacrifice? One cannot sacrifice their life and still live! Jesus is fully God and fully man. In this way is how is able to suffer and die. And the sacrifice was being separated from God the Father, His Father, a separation that we all face because of sin.
He was forsaken for our sins, for our iniquities, for our transgressions. And because we know the answer to His plaintive question "why," we have full assurance of our completed redemption.
All that does not answer the question. Can jesus come back? If he is god or a god, then the answer is yes. Therefore, no sacrifice was made. If he and the father are the same god, then they cannot be separated, therefore, no sacrifice. If jesus and the father are one, then three days, in a hell that god created, is not much of a sacrifice, unless satan had power over him.

While being tempted by satan, jesus commanded satan to get behind him and satan obeyed. Doesn't sound like satan would have much influence on jesus during those 3 days. Since jesus was buried Friday afternoon and rose early Sunday morning, it was not really three days, was it? More like 36 hours, at best.

If jesus is god and alive the whole time god was, what is the sacrifice? He knew that he could not die, that he could return anytime he liked, and that he would easily survive 36 hours in a hell that he made. No sacrifice
Knightmare wrote:
<quoted text>No; the question is, did jesus complete everything that he had to do? Nothing left?
Since jesus is god, how could god not know what god knows? How could blaspheme of 1/3 of the one god be unforgivable, when blaspheme of 2/3 of that one god is forgivable?

"He knew He had to die for sins,"?!?! No he didn't! He made the plan! He did not have to plan it that way. He could have forgiven everyone without the mock death of him. It was god's plan to create the devil and let him loose on mankind. It was god who authored evil! How can you say that he HAD to do anything that he didn't want to do or did plan for?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#31180 Jun 19, 2012
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>That was truly wonderful. Thank you.
Copying and pasting are not truly wonderful accomplishments.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#31181 Jun 19, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
He must!

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#31182 Jun 19, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
As you should.
God seems to be quite short sighted! He did seem to see what Lucifer was going to do and how that would affect humans.

He didn't seem to understand what hiding the evidence for a world wide flood would do.

He thought his only out was to murder all but 8 humans and 2x2 or 2x7 of the animals, depending on which noah story you believe.

Next, he thought that his only way out was to have himself mock killed on a cross.

But, about 3500 years ago, he knew that there was going to be a great battle at Armageddon... someday. Again, because he could not see anyway to avoid it!
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#31183 Jun 19, 2012
I suppose if God really only had one son (no daughters, no wife, no other sons, mind you ---???), and that son was really sacrificed to the point where he CEASED TO EXIST, then it might make sense to claim that "Jesus died for our sins" or "Jesus sacrificed himself for us."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Governors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Activists try to rile up Chris Christie, pile u... 12 min Le Duped 9
Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 18 min xxxrayted 5,426
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Michigan to vote on 7 percent sales tax for roads 8 hr scs2011 2
Start-Up NY Moves Forward In County 11 hr Wants 2 know 2
NY's bad move on fracking 16 hr Solarman 1
Will the Supreme Court End Gay Marriage as an E... 16 hr nhjeff 439
More from around the web