Low parking charges at first just to 'ease' us in

Jul 16, 2009 Full story: The Chronicle

Car parking charges will be introduced in Congleton and Alsager in September, and public consultation over how the scheme will be applied has now begun.

Full Story
Andy S

Prestatyn, UK

#1 Aug 14, 2009
The introduction of parking charges in Alsager is a disgrace, that will ultimately destroy town centre shopping, as car owners, such as myself, will make the journey to Tesco or ASDA where parking is free. There goes the councils carbon foot print (as if they care). I wonder when they will start to charge us for parking on our own driveways ? After all our council tax bills or so low.
Philip Davies

UK

#2 Oct 13, 2009
Car parking charges in Sandbach will result directly in the council losing massive amounts of revenue as all the shops will close the market will close where then will the car parking revenue come from no one I have talked to who live in the Sandbach area will go to Sandbach - this is typical of a short sighted council action absolutely ridiculous

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crewe, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRIBUTES: Jake Mellor died after an incident in... (Jun '13) Nov '14 Dean1 2
Henry 8th (Feb '14) Feb '14 TCM1984 1
my names TREVOR (Apr '13) Apr '13 man seeking man 1
trevor (Apr '13) Apr '13 man seeking man 1
Ed Miliband: 'Labour is going to win back Crewe... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jim Lock 1
What do you think? (Jan '13) Jan '13 Ray Tew 1
Lookin for high grade ganja in Crewe top prices... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Shell 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:39 am PST