Murder inquiry launched after discovery of a body in South Normanton

Nov 9, 2008 Full story: Thisisderbyshire.co.uk 59

A MURDER inquiry has been launched after the body of a man was discovered in a graveyard.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sorry

Bridgnorth, UK

#1 Nov 10, 2008
thinking of all his family , sending u all my love
shelley xxxxx
Julie

London, UK

#2 Nov 10, 2008
Cant believe some people, hope they get who did this. They deserve worse than dying. Feel for the family. xxxxx
ricky north

UK

#3 Nov 10, 2008
i live very close to where this has happened it disgusts me to think whats happened to this poor lad i feel so much for the family xx
nikki

Mansfield, UK

#4 Nov 10, 2008
i live 100 yrds from where it happened it makes you so scared i send all my love to the family and hope they can resolve it fast god bless you xxxx
Rachel

Alfreton, UK

#5 Nov 10, 2008
I also live very close to this and feel it has shook the community. If your not safe going out in a little village anymore were are you safe?
At least 2 people are in custody at the moment being questioned and hopefully there is the evidence to convict the right people/person.
My thoughts are with the family. This was someones son, someones grandson, someones husband and someones father, no-one deserves whats happeded to him and I really hope who did it get along time behind bars.
Neil

Ashington, UK

#6 Nov 10, 2008
This is a blatent disregard and waste of a young life and i say the person or person's found guilty don't deserve a life!! Justice will prevail. my heart and thoughts go out to the family & friends. God bless you all X
Rachel

Alfreton, UK

#7 Nov 10, 2008
Neil wrote:
This is a blatent disregard and waste of a young life and i say the person or person's found guilty don't deserve a life!! Justice will prevail. my heart and thoughts go out to the family & friends. God bless you all X
I completely agree.
Tom

Mansfield, UK

#8 Nov 10, 2008
I have heard also his wife was attacked and is in a very bad way? Not heard this mentioned anywhere at all. Plus almost no media coverage unless I'm seeing the wrong news.

I live on Sporton Lane.
Rachel

Alfreton, UK

#9 Nov 10, 2008
Tom wrote:
I have heard also his wife was attacked and is in a very bad way? Not heard this mentioned anywhere at all. Plus almost no media coverage unless I'm seeing the wrong news.
I live on Sporton Lane.
It has been mentioned on central news and bbc news at 6 but not alot said.

My husband mentioned he had also heard that his wife was attacked but unsure if this is true or rumours.

I assume there is alot of speculation going round with it being such a small place.

Im sure more will be mentioned through the press

The chad website is were i have seen most information and updates

If his wife was attacked I do hope she is ok, I think she has enough to deal with with her loss.

I makes you wonder were is safe anymore
chris

Mansfield, UK

#10 Nov 10, 2008
surley if his wife was attacked she would have alerted the police about her husband but wasnt it a council worker that found his body? and if she had been lying in the church yard alive but injured surley the news reports would have mentioned that 2 people had been attacked 1 fatally...
Kay

Alfreton, UK

#11 Nov 10, 2008
I agree. It is said that she cant remember anything. It is said that she went to her or his brothers after leaving the pub with her husband. But what happened after them leaving the pub and her getting to his/her brothers i do not know. Aparently the police are looking for a blunt wepon.
if she cant remember due to being attacked herself, again i do not know.
Tom

Mansfield, UK

#12 Nov 10, 2008
From what I know, she was raped and knocked senseless and was actually naked crawling about when a taxi driver found her, she didnt know who she was or anything. And is apparently in intensive care.

Like I say, could all be rumour but oh my god to think the last thing he may have seen was that, and if she still in a bad way does she even know about him?

B*stards
lou

London, UK

#13 Nov 11, 2008
i heard she was raped and she was found by friends on the main road they believed she had had 1 too many it wasnt till they got her home they realised something more serious had happend to her i have seen this family in the village they were a lovely family with there whole lives in front of them now some scum bags have taken this away they want the death sentance with a very slow and painful death to give them just a glimpse of what this family are going through now and for a very long time
my love to all the family
del

London, UK

#14 Nov 11, 2008
I feel sick that something like this has happened I hope the person/people whoo are responsible burn in hell, jail is far too good for people like this. They should be let out and the family and friends of James should then be allowed to torture them to death. It wont make them feel any better but it would be more justice than putting them in a cell and giving them food and water - they are scum and dont deserve anything.
Lee - Newton

UK

#15 Nov 11, 2008
RIP to James and condolences to his family

People, I think you need to look at the bigger picture. This is modern day Uk, this kind of thing happens every day. I know it hits hard when it's close to home, but you seriously need to look at the bigger picture.

I too have heard the rape rumour, but to be honest, you will hear lots of rumours, so maybe we should all wait and see what the police and media say before making up our own stories.

Peace all.
leoni-south normanton

Mansfield Woodhouse, UK

#16 Nov 11, 2008
i live on the street at the bottom of the church yard and to know somthing like this has happend so close to you really scares you also i feel so sorry 4 iz family az i know who they are also i know the 2 19 teen year olds what have been arrested as they were 2 yrs above me at school and that makes things worse
zoe

Liverpool, UK

#17 Nov 13, 2008
im sick of all the evil gossip going around can anyone just spare a thought for the family and stop with the rumours i think michelle and family have gone through enough without having to read shit about what could have happened im sorry nobody will ever know.
rest in peace woody your in a better place now my thoughts are with you michelle and your boys also with woodys family keep strong xxx
redman

Belgium

#18 Nov 13, 2008
Im sure everything will come out in the local press at a later date, there has been no info given at all hence the rumours.

South Normanton is a disgracefull place for the size of it, people are scared to go out at night. Drugs are all over the village and nothing seems to ever get done about it?!'We will solve problems by having a skate park', just shows you how deluded and out of touch with reality these council cheifs are.

RIP James Wood and god bless his family, I hope these animals get justice.
lucy

London, UK

#19 Nov 13, 2008
to say south normanton is a disgracfull place is disgusting i dont know anywhere in England be it village town or city that does not have problems like south normanton you just take no notice until it happens on your own doorstep and untill the government get their heads out their asses nothing will change.How somebody supposedly in Brussels can comment on a village in England is beyond me
Zoe i agree non of the rumours are helping michelle and family it is sick to here people speculating in the streets about what happend
NRhodes

Mansfield, UK

#20 Nov 13, 2008
My husband was good friends with woody,worked at strata for many years 2gether they did,also worked with him myself,its a sad and awful thing to happen to a wonderful man,my thoughts go to all his family at this very sad and upsetting time.x

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Belper, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belper care home firm nominated for national award Jul '14 farjana 1
Gang fight in Belper averted in early hours (Jun '11) Sep '13 phil varney 2
Ten-man Ilkeston lose, as do Matlock Town and G... (Sep '13) Sep '13 phil varney 1
Aliens or just sky lanterns? (Jan '12) Jan '12 tin foil hat nut 2
protest: Andy Minion looks at the BATS website ... (Nov '08) Jun '11 Lenny Leek 3
Outrage over phone masts (Mar '11) Mar '11 Nimby alert 2
Man jailed for 1985 armed robbery (Dec '10) Dec '10 scout 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:24 am PST