Pakistan shuns physicist linked to 'God particle'

Jul 8, 2012 Full story: The State 111

Pakistan's only Nobel laureate helped develop the theoretical framework that led to the apparent discovery of the subatomic "God particle" last week, yet his legacy has been largely scorned in his homeland because of his religious affiliation.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#1 Jul 8, 2012
What are the chances of a fatwa demanding his death for insulting Allah?

“The Three Legged Man”

Since: Jul 11

Leicester, UK

#2 Jul 8, 2012
Well, this just goes to show...

Is it too much to ask for the Human Race to move on from a nasty, superstitious doctrine laid down by a murderous, paedophile, dog slaughtering, rapist, slave trading gangster from the 7th century Middle East?

Muslims deserve to be even more socially unacceptable than neo-Nazis.

What they believe in is absolute, poisonous shit.
Giggs

Manchester, UK

#3 Jul 8, 2012
And we are supposed to tollerate total ignorance and evil.
educated

London, UK

#4 Jul 8, 2012
Mr Tripod wrote:
Well, this just goes to show...
Is it too much to ask for the Human Race to move on from a nasty, superstitious doctrine laid down by a murderous, paedophile, dog slaughtering, rapist, slave trading gangster from the 7th century Middle East?
Muslims deserve to be even more socially unacceptable than neo-Nazis.
What they believe in is absolute, poisonous shit.
Slavery is not allowed in islam, the man you talk of said all men and women regardless of race were equal.
more EDUCATED

Leicester, UK

#5 Jul 8, 2012
educated wrote:
<quoted text>
Slavery is not allowed in islam, the man you talk of said all men and women regardless of race were equal.
We're not interested in your lies, muslim.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#6 Jul 9, 2012
educated wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remind us of how many slaves Mohammed owned.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#7 Jul 9, 2012
educated wrote:
<quoted text>
Mind you, you didn't deny the other crimes of the 'prophet' I suppose.
educated

London, UK

#8 Jul 9, 2012
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remind us of how many slaves Mohammed owned.
a big fat 0 my friend.... the first person to call the muslims to prayer was a black man - a freed slave.

slavery was 100% against islam, the pedophilia claim is also utter tosh... mohammed was striking strategic relationships with other tribes in the area, one tribe leader offered mohammed his daughter for marriage however she was only 9 years old! to save face and the possibility of conflict mohammed reluctantly accepted BUT did not actually marry the girl until she was 16.

the human body is ready to reproduce offspring from a fairly young age, do your research and look at how many western monarchs married children.

One thing that is undisputed which you seem to have forgotten is the fact that the islamic empire brought europe out the dark ages, whilst we were shitting in buckets and throwing it out on the streets they were using sewer systems, they were pioneers in architecture, astronomy, maths, science and physics, please do some research and stop your ignorance.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#9 Jul 9, 2012
Educated.He said they are all equal unless they are nonMuslim.Then they must pay the jizya so they will not be molested.What did Mohammed do when he fled Mecca?He raised a private army and began plundering caravans traveling to Mecca and distributed the plunder to gain followers.Submission,conversio n,or death.Slavery in N.Africa and the Middle East is a historic fact,just like it was in Europe.This accounts for the"freed slave"calling Muslims to prayer.What is the underlying theme?Small groups of Muslim officials and soldiers grew rich off the skills and industry of millions of conquered nonMuslims
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#10 Jul 9, 2012
Educated.Out of the"Dark ages"?The decline of the Ottoman Empire was brought about by the decadent lifestyles of the rulers who spent more time with their harems of concubines than they did conquering.Such shining examples of culture and sophistication as Mehmed III whose first public act was to have his 19 brothers strangled to prevent succession.
Just a thought

Beloit, WI

#11 Jul 9, 2012
More of Pakistan's ingratitude towards those who have pulled it out the dark age and into the 21 first century.In it's concessions to and fears of extremists who want to turn back the clock of civilization and progress,Pakistan sacrifices it's economic prosperity and standing in the civilized world.Possession of nuclear weapons,Pakistan's"Crown jewel"is not a step forward but a constant glancing over it's shoulder for the next enemy.
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#12 Jul 9, 2012
This sounds very similar to the way Richard Dawkins is hated in large areas of America.

I guess religious morons who hate science are the same all over the world.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#13 Jul 9, 2012
I can read wrote:
This sounds very similar to the way Richard Dawkins is hated in large areas of America.
but some religious morons cut your head off if they do not like you,can you guess which religion that would be?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

#15 Jul 9, 2012
mikev483 wrote:
<quoted text>
but some religious morons cut your head off if they do not like you,can you guess which religion that would be?
Catholics in France with the guillotine?

Buddhist Brahmists (Hindus) in Cambodia sawing peoples heads off with a palm frond?

Orthodox christains in Wallachia with rusty knives?

Protestants with swords in the new world?

Muslims with machetes in Afghanistan?

It seems that morons of all religions have been cutting peoples heads off throughout history. Even Buddhists.
sherjat

London, UK

#16 Jul 9, 2012
Educated you said One thing that is undisputed is the fact that the islamic empire brought europe out the dark ages, whilst we were shitting in buckets and throwing it out on the streets they were using sewer systems, they were pioneers in architecture, astronomy, maths, science and physics, please do some research and stop your ignorance.

Arabs never invented anything and never brought civilisation to the west. They stole intellectual property when they sacked the great Indus civilisation ( Present day Pakistan) Persia and Egypt. These theives then passed off all our inventions as theirs this is the only undisputed fact. The arabs never even shitted in buckets they shitted straight out of their tents and caves. Which arab city had a sewer system and what contribution have they made to science and technology.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 9, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddhist Brahmists (Hindus) in Cambodia sawing peoples heads off with a palm frond?
It seems that morons of all religions have been cutting peoples heads off throughout history. Even Buddhists.
well we do not live in the past do we,so lets try again, which religion likes cutting heads off in the present time? some clues for you,its not the Hindus,its not the French Catholics and its not the Salvation Army.do a search for Daniel Pearl it will give you even more clues as to which present day religion likes to cut peoples heads off.
bbc

Lahore, Pakistan

#19 Jul 10, 2012
are ya talkin abt bush's crusade or israeile's carpet bombing at gaza!! or gujrat incidence in india ??

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#20 Jul 10, 2012
So how abut the slaves Mohammed swapped because someone else's slaves converted to Islam?
Mohammed had slaves to swap

“WE never came from Africa!”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#21 Jul 11, 2012
I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
we are talking about what is going on NOW, not long ago. And the only religion that still kills backsliders and unbelievers is Islam. I canīt see why you feel you have to defend them all the time. Has Ronan given you his job while he is away in Turkey?
Gormless Sweaty Sock

Leicester, UK

#22 Jul 11, 2012
I can read wrote:
I didn't realise christians issued fatwahs and death sentences against their detractors.

What a good job Salman Rushdie never wrote anything about their religion.

Wait a minute...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greater London County, England Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UK Jews feel anti-Semitic backlash 2 hr Light Beauty 1,723
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) 5 hr Clear Dharma 4,771
Couple's hell over A 21k wheelie bin dispute (Aug '12) Fri Echo Warrior 187
Over 1m Nigerians live in London - Mayor of London (May '13) Dec 23 stan 254
Thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses 'seek God's Ki... Dec 23 The Real Karen 225
Plonk app maps grapes by borough Dec 22 Joshua 2
Not letting A&E be a casualty Dec 21 Tom 1
More from around the web