Richard Feldman: A fraudulent link to autism

May 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The research linking the measles-mumps-rubella vaccine to autism was a hoax, a complete fraud.

Comments
121 - 140 of 147 Comments Last updated Nov 24, 2012

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

Well, thank you Mr. Doc Canada. Talk about a bozo. They call encephalitis that because that's what it is: encephalitis. Where's your scientific proof encephalitis is the same thing as autism? And where's your proof those with autism ever had encephalitis?
Maccoat

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

Save People From Pharma wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong bozo. Parents having to watch their normal children lose their sense of reality after encephalitis affected their brains. Vaccine caused by live virus. MMR is known to cause encephalitis and gut issues. Theres autism.
I have notice when the sea level started to rise so does the cases of autism. There must be a connection.
twizzler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

Don't forget global warming, population increases, and oil wellls! All those things cause autism too, its obvious

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

You all got it wrong. I've noticed since people have been claiming alien abductions, autism has increased. The cause of autism is alien abductions.
Somebodie

Garland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

NO WAY! It's the chemtrails!
twizzler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2012

Judged:

shit for brains wrote:
<quoted text> Why don't you jump in then?
DUH

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

Judged:

Notice how the attention seeker avoided another valid question about an untrue claim he made? Instead, he just plays games and changes his name again.
twizzler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

MMR AUTISM Italy wrote:
<quoted text> just like you do hypocrite
liar. They've never changed their name and have been very cooperative. You're an imbecile and a danger to the public.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

Cause of encephalitis include viral- most common causes of acute viral encephalitis are rabies virus, Herpes simplex, poliovirus, measles virus, and JC virus. Other causes include infection by flaviviruses such as Japanese encephalitis virus, St. Louis encephalitis virus or West Nile virus, or by Togaviridae such as Eastern equine encephalitis virus (EEE virus), Western equine encephalitis virus (WEE virus) or Venezuelan equine encephalitis virus.
We'll skip the bacteria causes of encephalitis.

This would mean all of the above 'could' result in autism. This would mean just going outside could cause autism if you came in contact with a bug, or infected person spreading their germs. What's odd as well, parents of those who have autism never claim any sort of symptoms, or treatment those who have encephalitis often require.

Winnipeg Canada is just making stuff up to fit his so called theory, and hoping others will believe him.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

Odd, I didn't read any where that a vaccine causes it, being it's a weakened form than the actual virus. There's far higher risk walking out the door than from a vaccine. No where does it state gut issues, either, and it's also not a symptom of encephalitis.
Why aren't children tested for what?? Encephalitis can happen at any age.
twizzler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

Judged:

MMR ITALY AUTISM wrote:
<quoted text> takes one to know one imbecile.
the best you've come with all through this is name calling, debunked rumors, and unprofessional opinions from vets, quacks, and crackpots. You're right, it doesn't take a high IQ to recognize you're a dolt.
Tim west

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can copy and paste all that, and assume it's 28 studies that support Wakefield. How many have ever looked each one up??? I can guess none here! What a riot!
You sir are no scientist. It's unfortunately typical of the mindset of those blindly supporting vaccination. They do no research ever. I have read all the papers above.. Why? Because unlike pseudo-scientists I believe all the evidence needs to be studied.
Before you scoff at evidence it would be better to check it out. In my experience all those who put a serious amount of time into research and study see through this quackery. I don't know of any who did research and remained in support. Unerringly you can guess when you meet a pro-vaxxer that they have ever examined the available evidence. Because they never ever do. Superstition is not science no matter how widely held the belief.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

Judged:

Funny, no one claimed to be a scientist, and my guess is you're not one, either. And we all have gone through those 28 studies individually, old news, including the ones which predate the rise in autism and Wakefield's study.
You can spot any anti vaxxer a mile away. They're all talk but never provide the evidence needed.
Friend

Candiac, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Maccoat wrote:
It's kinda simple: Autism developes in the womb and you get the vaccinations after you are born. So then even if there was a link there would be no way you could get autism from a vaccine unless a doctor climb up to the womb and give you a shot. You just can't get autism like you get the flu.
Garbage facts you are throwing out.

What happened to thousands of kids regressing into autism after vaccination. All these parents reported the same pattern. Oh wait a conspiracy theory right.

Keep the vaccines for your self and your kids, we dont want it. Who yoy trust the parents or garbage companies getting slammed with 4 Billion dollars fines for misuse, misleading advertisement and etc.... Put the vaccines up your ...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Compared to any facts you're throwing out??? Provide evidence of what happened to those 'thousands'? And what about those same parents who reported that same pattern, only to find out there were signs of autism in video's prior to the vaccine??? Who would one trust, parents who are manipulated by Wakefield and cant prove anything, or actual scientific evidence? Can those parents provide evidence as to why boys are nearly five times more likely than girls to have autism? Why the majority of who had vaccines don't have autism? Why those who never vaccinated have autism?
Friend

Candiac, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

friend wrote:
"there have been 14 studies looking at hundreds of thousands of children who did and did not receive MMR. The incidence of autism was the same in both groups."
A lot of people believed in this fraud. Wakefield would be ashamed of himself and show remorse if it wasn't so profitable via anti vaxxers, of who enable his behavior.
Garbage of vaxx pusher. Those vaccines are damaging kids health instead of protecting them

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

"Garbage of anti vaxxer". Where's your evidence of 'damaged' kids? Some people may be susceptible to info to face value scare tactics, but the majority require scientific proof, of which you obviously ignored and failed to provide, again.
Friend

Candiac, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Richard B wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the millions of kids who didn't regress into autism after vaccination. All of their parents report the same pattern. Would they conclude that vaccines were responsible for their kids not having autism?
A peer-reviewed study, carried out by University of California, Davis, showed conclusively that boys who went on to regress into autism at about the age of 2 years or after had abnormal rates of brain growth by the age of 4 months (long before vaccinations such as MMR). The boys who did not regress into autism showed no signs of such abnormal brain growth. The conclusion drawn was that regressive autism was related to abnormal rate of brain growth from (or even before) birth, and had nothing whatsoever to do with being vaccinated or not being vaccinated.
Ignorama, does anyone that smokes get lung cancer. No it does not. Vaccines damage the immune systeme and also the neurological system. On every vaccine shot that you get you most probably sign off the consentement form accepting side effects such as those of Guillain Barre. Now that is a neurological damage paralysis. But garbage vaxx pushers still have the same agenda, being paid for blogging with the same garbage rants of vaccine safety. Well, this is the season of flu, come here and I show the vaccination rates ( it is dropping like a roller coster drop). The only ones who will be getting that shot you and your family which suits me well so I can get the herd immunity from your ignormam disease.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Comparing smoking to medicine is rather funny. So you're saying because those who smoke don't all get cancer explains why boys are 5 times getting autism than girls?? Why some have autism and some don't?? What a riot! And this is the dramafest same person who said anti vaxxers are persecuted on another topic?? Give me a break. He's using that same old 'being paid by pharma bloggers' scare tactic used to imply if you don't think the way an anti vaxxrs thinks, you must be getting paid, which is totally unfounded and persecuting others. And this isn't a blog. If the pharma is paying anyone here, that would mean Wakefield is paying anti vaxxers to post here, which is more likely than the pharma paying anyone. And of those side effects listed, you have the statistics of how often it happens? Which vaccines lists Guillain Barre as a possible side effect? Every medicine has side effects, hello. And who cares about the flu vaccine? That has nothing at all to do with autism and you have not shown yet those rates have dropped at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Well, there was once that one study that linked autism to a vaccine. Oh yea, but that only study was a fraud, lost his license due to the cruel and unneeded tests he performed on 12 children and ended up an unemployed non citizen of the USA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••