Mark Harbinson has been remanded in custody charged with a number of sexual offences

Oct 28, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: UTV

High profile loyalist Mark Harbinson has been remanded in custody charged with a number of sexual offences involving a young girl.

Comments
1 - 20 of 126 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2014
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
timmy

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

Judged:

These loyalists are all the same , its about time the police cracked down on these loyalist paedophile rings
gary dean

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Judged:

loyalist paedophile
Dani

Bangor, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Judged:

Not all of us are the same as him he is just a nasty, dirty old man who needs a life and gets his kicks from touching up wee girls!!
Maggie

Stoke-on-trent, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Judged:

Mark Harbinson a so called loyalist hiding his true colours of being a sick paedophile.

The police don't seem to be protecting him now we are all glad to see!. Justice is eventually done.

Sick bastard rot in jail.
sharon perth australia

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2009

Judged:

my family were neighbours of the harbinson family for many years and find this very hard to believe but , who knows who is living next door !! im just glad he was never near any of my children!! throw away the key!!
john

Newton Abbot, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2009

Judged:

I am a close friend of the harbinson family and have no mark for an extremely long time, and to be honest i think that this is just a pile of crap!! to everyone else that has left a comments and intends to in the future on this page, i think that you get your facts straight, at the moment mark is an INNOCENT man until he is proven guilty!! so everybody should stop jumping to conclusions, and wait and see what actually arrises in the trail. I have also known another fellow who was accused of inappropriate touching of a girl who was a pupil in a well known school in lisburn, he was her teacher, the trail dragged on for nearly three years! as a result he had 2 leave his job for understandable reasons because he may have been a threat to other children. for three years this girl stood in court and in police stations saying how distraught she was about the about what happened to her and maintained that he had molested her, at ther very final trial when the teacher involved was going to be sentenced for these sickening allegations, the girl brokedown in court and admitted to everyone that she had been lying!! yet according to the police officers involved in the case they had enough evidence to sentence this poor man!! It goes to show how well they gathered there evidence doesnt it!! as a result the teacher involved was let go a free and innocent man, to try and rebuild his life which had been torn to bits all because a stupid little girl wanted to be the centre of attention!! the teacher is still suffering from depression and is now on the verge of bein an alcoholic!! so i think everyone who has jumped to on there high horse and saying that he is a paedophile should wind there necks in and give the man the chance he deserves to prove his innocence!! and to not take everything that this girl and whoever else has jumped on the band wagon with these accusations has said as gospel, i also happen to know that the original girl involved is no angel, and has made accusations like these before against other people and when it was blatantly obvious that there was nothing happening! so my advise to all you pillars of society out there is think before you speak, surely that is not hard to ask,or is it?? because some day that could be you facing allegations like these when youve done nothing wrong and all because some immature little girl doesnt like you or has maybe had a crush on you and youve turned her down, so out of spite she seeks to get her own back and your gona be the fall guy, please just take a minute and think about that way, and put yourself in his shoes.

Observer

Banff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2009

Judged:

john wrote:
I am a close friend of the harbinson family and have no mark for an extremely long time, and to be honest i think that this is just a pile of crap!! to everyone else that has left a comments and intends to in the future on this page, i think that you get your facts straight, at the moment mark is an INNOCENT man until he is proven guilty!! so everybody should stop jumping to conclusions, and wait and see what actually arrises in the trail. I have also known another fellow who was accused of inappropriate touching of a girl who was a pupil in a well known school in lisburn, he was her teacher, the trail dragged on for nearly three years! as a result he had 2 leave his job for understandable reasons because he may have been a threat to other children. for three years this girl stood in court and in police stations saying how distraught she was about the about what happened to her and maintained that he had molested her, at ther very final trial when the teacher involved was going to be sentenced for these sickening allegations, the girl brokedown in court and admitted to everyone that she had been lying!! yet according to the police officers involved in the case they had enough evidence to sentence this poor man!! It goes to show how well they gathered there evidence doesnt it!! as a result the teacher involved was let go a free and innocent man, to try and rebuild his life which had been torn to bits all because a stupid little girl wanted to be the centre of attention!! the teacher is still suffering from depression and is now on the verge of bein an alcoholic!! so i think everyone who has jumped to on there high horse and saying that he is a paedophile should wind there necks in and give the man the chance he deserves to prove his innocence!! and to not take everything that this girl and whoever else has jumped on the band wagon with these accusations has said as gospel, i also happen to know that the original girl involved is no angel, and has made accusations like these before against other people and when it was blatantly obvious that there was nothing happening! so my advise to all you pillars of society out there is think before you speak, surely that is not hard to ask,or is it?? because some day that could be you facing allegations like these when youve done nothing wrong and all because some immature little girl doesnt like you or has maybe had a crush on you and youve turned her down, so out of spite she seeks to get her own back and your gona be the fall guy, please just take a minute and think about that way, and put yourself in his shoes.
OK lets deal with facts. Do you have 5 yes 5 mobile phones?? Have you any pictures on your phone of naked 13 year old girls??? Have you ever asked a 13 year old girl to get rid of a mobile phone because you think the police are after you?? Would you store pictures of naked school children on your mobile??These are all FACTS. you cant deny this. Paedophile Harbinson has been caught, no matter how much wriggling he does he wont get out of this one. Gulible people like you will end up with egg on their faces. The mans as guilty as sin. He deserves to be jailed for a very long time.I pity the 13 year old girl and PAedo Harbinson wife and child. I have prayed for them HAVE YOU. Do something useful and pray for them rather than trying to make out that Paedo Harbinson is some kind on angel.
Sickened

Carlisle, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

John.. I think you have been friends with to many men that been accused of child abuse!
In response to your post I think you are the one that doesnt know the ins and outs of the whole story. Harbinson has always had a knack of telling his so called friends what he wants them to hear, do you realy think that he is going to tell the truth.. hes a born liar... he wouldnt know the truth if it hit him in the face.
Fact- Harbinsons house raided and mobile phones removed.
Fact- Harbinson arrested with 13 year old "in" his car
Fact- Harbinson had a new mobile phone in his car to give to the child
Fact- Harbinson had been in regular contact with the child over the past 8 months
Fact-Police found indecent images of children on his mobile

All of the above are enough to make me feel sick never mind the fact that he has 5 charges against him.
Harbinson is where he belongs, in jail and i hope for the sake of all the vulnerable children that they dont let him out for a long long time.
Observer

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2009

Judged:

If it was up to sickos like John there wouldnt be a Paedo in jail. They ALL claim they are innocent or set up. What sort of sick animal is grooming a 13yr old while his wife is pregnant?? Not much love in that relationship. As ive said be fore, I pray for the victim and his wife and child. Hope he rots on Jail.
anon

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Judged:

i also happen to know mark and no that the full story will come out and yous will all eat your words. there are other facts that have not came out in the news yet! yes the ones that are out do look very dodgy but as usual the news prints what they want and a leading loyalist is someone that they will be hard on and that the police want behind bars. personally i think they are jumping on a chance to put him away

its very easy to sit on the internet and slabber about someone!
Observer

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2009

Yes there are quite a few "FACTS" that havent come out yet. When they do Paedo Harbinson will go to jail for a long time and assholes like you will be left wondering WHY you ever counted a Paedophile as a friend.People like you make me sick you are trying to make out that he is some sort of nice person? Paedo Harbinson was NEVER nice? He manipulated people, He bullied people, he used this "so called leading loyalist persona" to scare people.Hes not scaring many people in jail. DO YOU REALLY KNOW HIM.........I THINK NOT.
Son of Ulster

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

John u seem to be friends with so called child molesters!Anything to hide yourself,you seem to protest to much.Mark has groomed this child,yes child and to say she has a reputation shows how sick you are.If you believe in British justice and believe in Mark then everything will be fine..........The sick Bastard will get 20 years.
Observer

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

John and Anon seem to know Paedo Harbinson quite well. If yous knew him so well did you not notice that he was a pervert interested in wee girls. Maybe yous were so engrossed by the socalled hardline loyalist shite that he spouts out to notice what kind of person he really was.???? Maybe yous know more than yous are saying???? It may be wrong to say but i hope that the dirty Bastard rots in jail or even better maybe one of the true loyalists in jail castrates him then all the weans around Stoneyford would be safe.
timmy

Belfast, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

When this person gets jailed(Hopefully) we will probably hear that the tu-v have a petition for his his release. O dear I hope I haven't put ideas in sicko Johns head.
Observer

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Well said Timmy. It makes me laught when Saint Jim Allister appears on TV and, all dead pan, spouts a pile of Shite about getting back to "Traditional Values". Then We have his henchmen,the Like of Collins who wants Murderers freed and the likes of Calvert pleading the innocence of Paedophiles and crying on about the Police setting Paedo Harbinson up.I suppose Harbinsons defence will plead the case that some PSNI officer took naked pics and sent them to his phone and that the PSNI went to carphone wharehouse and bought 5 mobiles and planted them in his house. If thats "Traditional" unionist values i'll happily stay where im at.
anon

Brentford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

i do no mark and i am not interested in his loyalist stuff as i dont believe fighting among prodestants and catholics is justafied but i do know that that girl is bad news and mark is not a pedo. he has been cleared on one ase involving a girl and will be cleared on this one to

as i have said it is very easy to sit on the internet were noone knows who you are and jump to conclusions and slabber about people
Observer

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

Another "anon" backing a Paedophile. Because YOU know him does not mean that he is NOT a Paedophile!!!!I know it may be easy to sit on the computer and slabber BUT it is also easy to sit on the computer and declare that paedo Harbinson is innocent.All the evidence says different.....Photos on the phone...five mobile phones....the girl in his car....WHAT DO YOU NEED SEE TO REALISE THAT YOUR GREAT LOYALIST FRIEND,WHO HAS BULLIED HIS OWN PEOPLE FOR MANY YEARS, IS A DIRTY DIRTY PEADOPHILE!!!!Maybe he missed his true vocation in life. He should have become a priest. The spelling in your posting leaves alot to be desired and makes me think that you may be a very young person ??? I WOULD TAKE CARE>>>>WATCH OUT FOR THE LOYALIST PEADOPHILE HARBINSON.

PS signing your last post anon means no one knows you either dickhead!
Sickened

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Yes Mr anon......you are right, it is easy to sit and slabber about people on the internet.
You are slabbering about a 13 year old child who you claim is making this whole thing up.
ANSWER THIS: Why did Harbinson have her in his car. What excuse did he give you for that?
This is cause for concern for any parent, police officer, decent human being. You on the other hand you seem to think this is normal.
To John: How are you so certain about harbinsons innocents, do you live with him 24 hours a day? There is no denying he is a very clever man, this is how he cons people, and it looks obvious that he has you under his spell as well. DO YOU HAVE CHILDREN i hope not!
Can i also at this point praise the comments of OBSERVER.
Observer

Cardiff, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

"A Detective Constable told that during police interviews Harbinson said he had become paranoid because of the police intervention and that he wanted to meet the girl to tell her to get a new phone"

If Harbinson is so innocent why the hell would he be paranoid about what was on the girls phone? I have been a leader in a youth organiation for many years and a lot of the young people have my mobile number and I would never have to be paranoid about their phone or my own. The only reason to be paranoid is if there is incriminating evidence on the phone. Text messages etc that he didn't want the police to see because he knew it would prove his guilt. I think Harbinsons friends really need to think a little harder anout how innocent there friend is when he has stolen a 13 year olds innocence. A young girls childhood has been stolen from her and her whole family have to learn to live with what this very evil man has done.
Observer

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2009

Judged:

Bottom line is Paedo Harbinsons luck has run out. For many years he has bullied and lied his way through life. He has threatened innocent people, he has made bold threats about what he would do too people. I bet he isnt threatening too many people in Her Majestys Hotel!!!!!All these people who "know" Paedo Harbinson should have a look at how well they really know him!! Is Paedo Harbinson close to them for a reason!!!! Personally i would love to see him swing for the crimes he has committed against HIS OWN PEOPLE. Many wont be classing the Paedo as a hardline loyalist anymore. I know some loyalists (true loyalists) who would love to meet up with him again.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••