Same sex couple on 'Dancing with the Stars'

Oct 22, 2010 Full story: Examiner.com 43

People think Southern California is the home of the liberals, but America's "Dancing with the Stars" which is filmed in Los Angeles won't be the first "Dancing with the Stars" or "Strictly Come Dancing" series to feature a same-sex couple.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
danielle31

Elk City, OK

#44 Sep 24, 2011
ancient echos wrote:
<quoted text>why do we have to be subjected to those of heterosexuals? but when brittnay and madonna kissed at one of the awards it was praised and shown over and over again,..... but when it is two guys many have a problem with it, LOL get over it, homosexuality isn't going anywhere. and if two gays or lesbians happen to be walking down the street holding hands, deal with it we are not put on this earth to cater to your problems with sexuality....
I love Adam Lambert! I did not love his performance at the grammy's however. I wouldn't have liked it if it had been a heterosexual couple either. I think no matter your sexual orientation some things should be kept private. I don't care if you're gay, straight, or bisexual, but there's no need in that sort of behavior from anyone in public.

“ain't she sweet?”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#45 Sep 25, 2011
danielle31 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Adam Lambert! I did not love his performance at the grammy's however. I wouldn't have liked it if it had been a heterosexual couple either. I think no matter your sexual orientation some things should be kept private. I don't care if you're gay, straight, or bisexual, but there's no need in that sort of behavior from anyone in public.
You mean the same act between Madonna and Brittny (sp?) Spears or Lisa Marie and Michael Jackson decades ago. I agree that neither should be displayed in public; however, it appears to be fully accepted and promoted between a man and a woman; between two women for the purposes of turning on men; but for some reason draws criticim from virtually everyone when its two men. I call that hypocrisy.

Sae with the current frenzy over Chaz Bono on DWTS. A transgender dancer is somehow damaging to children, but half naked women with alleged 'wardrobe malfunctions' that are likely staged for ratings are not? Are you kidding me? That is also hypocrisy in my book.
danielle31

United States

#46 Sep 26, 2011
RMQuinn37 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the same act between Madonna and Brittny (sp?) Spears or Lisa Marie and Michael Jackson decades ago. I agree that neither should be displayed in public; however, it appears to be fully accepted and promoted between a man and a woman; between two women for the purposes of turning on men; but for some reason draws criticim from virtually everyone when its two men. I call that hypocrisy.

Sae with the current frenzy over Chaz Bono on DWTS. A transgender dancer is somehow damaging to children, but half naked women with alleged 'wardrobe malfunctions' that are likely staged for ratings are not? Are you kidding me? That is also hypocrisy in my book.
I think I made myself pretty clear. No matter your sexual orientation or gender, certain things should be private. I also think that if you don't like a certain program, don't watch it. I wouldn't let my child watch DWTS anyway or the grammy's nowadays. I think a lot of shows have gotten too suggestive, if you will. I also wouldn't let my child watch south park and some of the other animated shows. As far as Adam Lambert goes, you can't tell me that he didn't do what he did for ratings, as well as the shock value. If you haven't noticed he's very flamboyant. As I stated before, I absolutely love Adam Lambert. I listen to his music all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dancing With the Stars Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rosie's live, prime-time show premieres Wednesday (Nov '08) Nov '14 tweedledick 6
Honey Boo Boo's Mom on "Dancing with the Stars"... (Feb '13) Oct '14 Gman 11
Is Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson joining Dan... Sep '14 FantasyFootballChick 1
Sadie Robertson Boyfriend, 2014 DWTS - Who is D... Sep '14 older women dating 1
Candace Benson, 22, is a student at Montgomery ... Aug '14 Moniyah 1
Dancing with the Stars Watch: And The Winner Isa (Dec '13) Aug '14 Tara healy 6
Why So Much Kate-hate For Gosselin? (Apr '10) Jun '14 Linda 31
More from around the web