Who is Jim Albracht and What is The Quad Cities According to Jim ?

Full story: WQAD

While serving in the United States Air Force in Korea in the early 70's, Jim discovered his true calling when he started sending "radio shows" to his friends back home.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated May 18, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
64 Impala

Geneseo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Jim...I almost totally dissagree with last nights A T J. Granted, if men and women are stationed together.."stuff"... ( sex ) will happen. However, with out military being stretched to the limit, it cannot afford it's members who have made a commitment, to become burdened with child care. Also, whether you be a truck driver, cook, grunt, or fighter pilot, a lot of tax payer money has been spent on your training. It shouldn't be wasted....tm
Mike Annis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Jim,
I am a child of the 60's, information (letters)(before e-mail)such as the one I am forwarding to you would be cause for a government watch dog group to have a protest with full media attention. What the heck is going on with us Americans, are we just lazy or don't give a (s*#@&&%^)what our public sevants are doing to us? What needs to happen before we put a stop to "Government Bilking" of the American way of life.
Attached is old news but worth revisiting until some one or some group can make our elected officials responsible to us ,and for us.
ATTACHMENT:
Certainly an option very worthy of your consideration!
Pass It On For Our Country
All I ask is that you consider the suggestion here.
In November of 2010 the entire House of Representatives will stand for re-election;
all 435 of them. One third of the Senate, a total of 33 of them, will also stand for re-election.
Vote every incumbent out.
And I mean every one of them. No matter their Party affiliation.
Let's start all over in the House of Representatives with 435 people who have absolutely no experience in running that body, with no political favors owed to anyone but their own constituents. Let's make them understand that they work for us.
They are answerable to us and they simply have to run that body with some common sense.
Two years later, in 2012, vote the next third of the incumbents in the Senate out.
We can do the same thing in 2014 and, by that time we will have put all new people in that body as well.
We, the People, have got to take this Country back and we HAVE to do it peacefully.
That's what the Framers of our Constitution envisioned.
I am also suggesting term limits on the NEW BUNCH -- 4YEARS FOR REPRESENTATIVES two terms that’s all.
AND
12 YEARS [2 terms] FOR SENATORS.
NO EXCEPTIONS. THE LONGER THEY STAY IN OOFICE THE MORE POWER THEY GET AND THEY LOVE IT AND WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET RE-ELECTED.
WE HAVE TERM LIMITED THE PRESIDENT –
NOW LET'S TERM LIMIT THE LEGISLATORS.
And we do away with their Special Retirement system and their health program (they should have same health programs everyone else inAmerica does). When they are through serving their country they go back to being private citizens. They should view their service as a privilege; after all it was designed to be a part time job to represent the voice of the people, NOT the special interest groups and those who can do favors for them.
If they don’t like this proposal then don’t run for office…
Mike Annis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Retribution is less than 1 year away!

Take a look at this and remember the elections in Nov. 2010.

The U.S. House & Senate have voted themselves $4,700 and $5,300 raises.
They voted to not give you a s.s. cost of living raise in 2010 and 2011.
Your Medicare premiums will go up $285.60 for the 2-years and you will not
get the 3% COLA of $660/yr. Your total 2 year loss is $3,200 for husband and wife.
Over 2-yrs they each get $10,000 Error! Filename not specified.
Do you feel SCREWED?
They have their raise, and better benefits. Why care about you? You never did anything about it in the past. They think you are obviously too stupid, or don't care.

Do you really think that Nancy, Harry, Chris, Charlie, or Barney care about you? SEND THE MESSAGE, Error! Filename not specified. "you're FIRED".

IN 2010 YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO GET RID OF THE SITTING CONGRESS:
Up to 1/3 OF THE SENATE, AND 100% OF THE HOUSE.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE STILL MAD IN NOVEMBER AND REMIND THEIR REPLACEMENTS NOT TO SCREW UP.

It is ok to forward this to your sphere of influence if you are finally tired of the abuse.
Maybe it's time for
Amendment 28:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United
States that does not apply equally to the Senators or Representatives,
and Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators or
Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the
United States."

Let's get this passed around, folks. The people in Washington have brought this upon themselves. It's time for retribution.
Take back America!

If you don't forward this to all your friends you're just part of the problem of national apathy.

seriously frustrated

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

I have a topic that I feel needs to be addressed and it is respect for funeral precessions. I don't know how many times I have seen people cut into one, fly pass them, and not pull over. I remember when I was younger when people would pull over to the side of the road and let them go bye, people on the streets stop and take off their hats bowing their heads, and waiting for them to go bye. Are you seriously in that big of a hurry that you can not pay your respects. I am not sure if it is a lack of knowledge or repect but maybe if the Quad cities was made aware of proper respect for the friends and families this would not happen. I would greatly apprieciate it if you would address this disrespectful problem we have in our society today.
wow

Bettendorf, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

Judged:

You are really some thing, not that same sex couples have not been persecuted for sometime now like,.....all the way back to roman times. But hey if you think its ok then, you explain to your young children why those two men kissing each other in a romantic way. I am tired of people getting a public soap box and just glossing over ant thing they want. A great deal of the public and my self feel that same sex couples are wrong, as seen by the protests. as you fail to see most of the world feels the same, so please stop trying to shove this down our throats and telling us it a good thing, thank you
Jim KIng

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2010

Keep it coming. We live between Burlington and Ft Madison and tune in WQAD mainly to see if you are on. Therefore. we watch WQAD every night hoping you are on. Tell it like it is. WQAD is lucky to have you!

Since: Apr 07

Rock Island, il

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Jim-

I just saw your response to the governator.

I know your costume and props are from his movie series, BUT good God, man!

You see and read enough crime stories to know that a lot of people are hurt or killed because they get stupid with guns. I had a pretty good box full of ink for you, but thought better of it before I posted the comment. I don't want to give ammunition (pardon the pun, please.) to those whose views may differ from mine.

I still would like to address a couple of issues from today's show, but don't want to post it in a public forum.

I looked for an email address for you, but I'm not about to send it to your boss. Please contact me at your convenience. What I have to say might not be pleasing to hear, but it's for your own good.

Have a great day today and a better day tomorrow. Stay safe, and may God bless. I wish you His peace.

Dan

Don't trust your vote to a politician if we won't trust you with a gun.
Ruth Smock

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

Judged:

Why arent you attacking the food and drug for the drugs they know are causing death?

Toyota has a problem and the comments are they arent doing enough to solve the problem, but the food and drug havent been told there not doing enough.
kindlyplease

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2010

mark j

Marion, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2010

Judged:

i think that politicians are wasting our money on our behalf on things THEY think we need WHAT DOES JIM THINK?
Real citizen

Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Judged:

Nice clothes, fancy health care, eh Jim?
Doubt you ever had it too bad.
Get real.
The voting is over, let's get it to work.
SS, Medicare,Food Stamps, all the president's men.. you know about all the president's men!! Why did presidents rry to fix this for 100 years...
people like you step ahead of the line..us poor folks are left with no health care...
How about trying to live poor and then spout off about all you know!
I doubt you even realize what all the poor people do is the USA or QCA!
Brenda Runge

Kirkwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
I just finished watching your program. I don't usually have time to watch the evening news, but tonight my family ate supper together while having the news on. I've never called or emailed into a radio station or tv station ... for a positive or negative comment, but I decided tonight would be the time to voice my opinion.
When you made the comparison of not judging the new Iowa Basketball coach too soon .... and it was like looking at a women and knowing whether she is good in bed or not ....
I did not appreciate that comment and I didn't like having my 11 and 12 year old boys hear it. What kind of example are you setting for your viewers? I'm a teacher in a jr. high and I think kids are exposed to enough off-color comments without having to hear it on the local news from a sports caster. Maybe Channel 6 would be a better fit from now on.
Gary

Monmouth, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

jim, i have some problem solutions. for the national debt sell off a mess of ft knox gold, replace it when its down to $250 an oz. for state problem, have blago pay the state back for the travel expences when he wouldnt stay in the gov mantion. twic a year give the state all the lottery millions if there is no winner drawn. for the post office, fill all the prepaid invelopes in your junk mail and send them back to whoever, also cut the postmaster generals salery from$850k per year to half. last, give all old vets free beer and cigaretts for the duration,,,thanks, gary
Susan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

I am no longer going to watch channel 8 news if Jim continues to dress inapproprately. I believe Jim can continue to express his points of view dresssed like an adult, not an infant as he did on 4/8. Channel 8 needs to report on the news and how I see it, Jim is making the news. Looking like an idiot. I find this to very unprofessional, and will be switching the channel. You have just lost a long time viewer.
SHERYL

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

I usually don't agree with Jim, but this time I do. Anyone that hurts an animal should receive punishment. If they catch the B*****, I hope they punish the person to the full extend of the law. Nothing that cat could have done would justify what was done to it. If you are not a cat lover, just leave the cat alone, don't harm it.
Ben

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2010

Jeez, Jim, it sounds like you have your panties in a bundle when you hear the word atheist. If it National Prayer Day wasn't such a big deal to you Christian's ( I know you are by the way you talk about faithless people with such vitriol), then why even waste time on this subject in your segment? Obviously, it bothers you that some people know how to use their brain and not believe a bearded man rules the sky, and that is what is REALLY bothering you huh? Get a life, and if not, a clue: most atheist's don't CARE about National Prayer Day. Pray away, but don't use accusatory language saying that atheist's are there to ruin it for you!
BIGD

Muscatine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

JIM IS RIGHT 99.9% OF THE TIME KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK JIM. I LOVE IT!
BIGD

Muscatine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Brenda Runge wrote:
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
I just finished watching your program. I don't usually have time to watch the evening news, but tonight my family ate supper together while having the news on. I've never called or emailed into a radio station or tv station ... for a positive or negative comment, but I decided tonight would be the time to voice my opinion.
When you made the comparison of not judging the new Iowa Basketball coach too soon .... and it was like looking at a women and knowing whether she is good in bed or not ....
I did not appreciate that comment and I didn't like having my 11 and 12 year old boys hear it. What kind of example are you setting for your viewers? I'm a teacher in a jr. high and I think kids are exposed to enough off-color comments without having to hear it on the local news from a sports caster. Maybe Channel 6 would be a better fit from now on.
your boys probably know more than you give them credit for, they probably learn it in school grow up.
BIGD

Muscatine, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

SHERYL wrote:
I usually don't agree with Jim, but this time I do. Anyone that hurts an animal should receive punishment. If they catch the B*****, I hope they punish the person to the full extend of the law. Nothing that cat could have done would justify what was done to it. If you are not a cat lover, just leave the cat alone, don't harm it.
Ditto.
Lisa

Mount Pleasant, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2010

I saw your comments on marijuana tonight and I want to say, thank you. I have been speaking out for medical marijuana for over a year now and it is so nice to see support.
I have smoked for many years, but it is my medicine now. I have chronic pain and opiates do not work for me and marijuana has given me my life back.
Again, thank you and God Bless

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent According to Jim Discussions

Search the According to Jim Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Disney Channel orders new comedy "Bits and Pieces" (May '12) Jun '12 Tallulah 2
City and township gearing up for Violet Festival (Jun '11) Jul '11 MissyAnn 3
Oak Hill unveils plans for amphitheater (Jul '10) Jun '11 IHSPROD 9
ABC Sets 'Dancing with the Stars' Return (Feb '11) Feb '11 chris jackson 1
Appealing TV: Better With You, The Whole Truth,... (Oct '10) Nov '10 David11 2
'Tonight' quite a night for Brad Paisley when J... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Vlassic88 2
New Legal Drama "The Defenders" Should Be Outlawed (Oct '10) Oct '10 4 state senators 2
•••
•••
•••