Remembering Mike Wallace

Apr 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

View Photo Gallery - Mike Wallace: Veteran journalist and '60 Minutes' correspondent dies at 93:As the biggest star of the longest-running, highest-rated, most influential news show since its 1968 debut, Mike Wallace helped define television journalism with an adversarial interviewing style that was as admired as it was feared.

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of107
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wake Up

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#90
Apr 13, 2012
 

Judged:

2

Funny the people at the tea parties are not the 4 baby mommas, Obama bucks, and yesterday someone using their food stamps for bail, proud to be the opposite of that line of thinking.
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, much better to have people defecating on the flag and police vehicles. Much better to have people camping out and making the area unsanitary. Much better to have hundreds and hundreds arrested for all manner of crimes, from drug use and selling to robbery and rape. Much better to have people defacing war memorials and hindering honest people from getting to work. Much better to have people costing taxpayers millions in clean up costs. Much better to have people holding signs saying "down with capitalism", and others holding signs with socialism now on them. Much better to have kids skipping out of school and attending these protest. Please, what a bunch of liberal shyt! OWS is almost as big a joke as YOU! Tea Party 2012!
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#91
Apr 13, 2012
 
Let me see.You have people who forget what deceny and respect by attacking a dead man telling others if you dont speak ill of the dead your unamerican.Never in my life have i seen such blantant abuse of a dead man and never before in my 50 years on this earth have i seen civilty stomped on by these fools its unbeleivable.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#92
Apr 13, 2012
 
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I'm a bigoted, racist, secular, extremist! Hell bent on the division of everyone from everything. I want retarded kids, grams, and gramps thrown to the mercy of the fates! I want dirty water, filthy air, and most of all blood for oil, NOT! Yea, all those liberal "christians" that gloated and cheered when Andrew Breitbart died, that was a real Christian thing to do. As for wallace, he worked for CBS what more need be said? You can sit-n-spin all you want about whether "the big 3" are biased and left leaning or not, but to the rest of us there is no doubt, they are. So it stands to reason anyone that works for them, is as well, or they wouldn't be working for them, as liberals have no TOLERANCE for those with ideas and views different from their own, contrary to everything YOU tell us. Tea Party 2012!
Yeah, nice rant. Why do you think typing lots of drivel is a valid way of avoiding the qquestion?

WHY ARE YOU REVELING IN ANOTHER MANS DEATH?

WHAT STORY DID WALLACE DO THAT SHOWED HE WAS UNFAIR TO CONSERVATIVES?

You really are nothing more than a coward!
Election 2012

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#93
Apr 13, 2012
 
mike wrote:
Never in my life have i seen such blantant abuse of a dead man and never before in my 50 years on this earth have i seen civilty stomped on by these fools its unbeleivable.
Does the 2002 Paul Wellstone funeral/Democratic fundraiser ring a bell?
mike

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94
Apr 13, 2012
 
Election 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the 2002 Paul Wellstone funeral/Democratic fundraiser ring a bell?
I am not part of that crowd.Dont stoop down and be a part of i hate the guy - im glad hes dead crowd-its proves that your being led around by the nose.

“Liberals Ruined America”

Since: May 11

District of Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95
Apr 13, 2012
 
mike wrote:
Let me see.You have people who forget what deceny and respect by attacking a dead man telling others if you dont speak ill of the dead your unamerican.Never in my life have i seen such blantant abuse of a dead man and never before in my 50 years on this earth have i seen civilty stomped on by these fools its unbeleivable.
Gives new meaning to that old adage "more than one way to skin a dead cat"...huh?

And by the way, if you're only 50 there's no possible way for you to have attained the rank of colonel (06) in any branch unless it were Civil Air Patrol. And that ain't likely either.
CONSERVATIVE

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#96
Apr 14, 2012
 
mike wrote:
Let me see.You have people who forget what deceny and respect by attacking a dead man telling others if you dont speak ill of the dead your unamerican.Never in my life have i seen such blantant abuse of a dead man and never before in my 50 years on this earth have i seen civilty stomped on by these fools its unbeleivable.
I know, those OWS'ers in cities all over America. Then those union thugs in Wisconsin are the epitomy of vitriolic, extremist! Those occupiers in their filthy, crime ridden camps. Selling and doing drugs. Getting arrested by the hundreds for destruction of property and vandalism. Costing the taxpayers of the cities they protest in millions in clean up costs. The union thugs destroying the capital building in Madison. I tell ya there needs to be something done about them and their uncivil, divisive, vitriolic, hate speech and destructiveness! Tea Party 2012!
CONSERVATIVE

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#97
Apr 14, 2012
 
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, nice rant. Why do you think typing lots of drivel is a valid way of avoiding the qquestion?
WHY ARE YOU REVELING IN ANOTHER MANS DEATH?
WHAT STORY DID WALLACE DO THAT SHOWED HE WAS UNFAIR TO CONSERVATIVES?
You really are nothing more than a coward!
I'm not reveling in anyones death, I called him what he REALLY was. Something liberals like you can't seem to bring yourselves to do. You hide behind political correctnesss and propaganda. Coward, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, I must be slipping. Please lets be realistic. He had the opportunity to interview the most powerful and influential people in the world, but ONLY threw hardball questions at the right. You know as well as I, if the lamestream media had done their job and given nobama 5 minutes of the SAME degree of vetting they did Sara Palin after they announced her as VP. There would be someone else sitting in The White House. Funny how hypocrites like you and nobama talk about civility and the need for tolernance from others. Yet hammer the right anytime someone says or does anything even remotely off color or out of line. Yet here we have union thugs destroying the capital in Madison. OWS'ers costing taxpayers millions, destroying property, and getting arrested by the hundreds. More recently The New Black Panthers have put out a hit on a citizens and threatened his life. While also calling for race wars and bloodshed. Other liberal douchbags giving out innocent peoples addresses, putting their lives in danger. And irrisponsible BLACK congressmen making supported accusation about someone who has yet to have their day in court. Still not one word from "dear leader" On the need for civility and tolerance in public discourse. I find that not only offensive, but divisive and hypocritical. Of course I'm sure you see absolutelty nothing even remotely out of line, do you? The only cowards here are you and those other liars who refuse to see yourselves for what you really are, vitriolic, bigoted, racist, hypocrites. Set out to divide this coutry through class warfare and racism, so you can conquer it. I've got news fer ya. We ain't gonna let you get away with it. Let those panther pussies start their race war. Let nobama keep lying himself into an ever deeper hole. It's all good. Like I've said come November we'll see what America wants. More lies, divisivness, and socialism, or reality, truth, and capitalism. Tea Party 2012!

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#98
Apr 14, 2012
 
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not reveling in anyones death, I called him what he REALLY was. Something liberals like you can't seem to bring yourselves to do. You hide behind political correctnesss and propaganda. Coward, that's the nicest thing you've ever said to me, I must be slipping. Please lets be realistic. He had the opportunity to interview the most powerful and influential people in the world, but ONLY threw hardball questions at the right. You know as well as I, if the lamestream media had done their job and given nobama 5 minutes of the SAME degree of vetting they did Sara Palin after they announced her as VP. There would be someone else sitting in The White House. Funny how hypocrites like you and nobama talk about civility and the need for tolernance from others. Yet hammer the right anytime someone says or does anything even remotely off color or out of line. Yet here we have union thugs destroying the capital in Madison. OWS'ers costing taxpayers millions, destroying property, and getting arrested by the hundreds. More recently The New Black Panthers have put out a hit on a citizens and threatened his life. While also calling for race wars and bloodshed. Other liberal douchbags giving out innocent peoples addresses, putting their lives in danger. And irrisponsible BLACK congressmen making supported accusation about someone who has yet to have their day in court. Still not one word from "dear leader" On the need for civility and tolerance in public discourse. I find that not only offensive, but divisive and hypocritical. Of course I'm sure you see absolutelty nothing even remotely out of line, do you? The only cowards here are you and those other liars who refuse to see yourselves for what you really are, vitriolic, bigoted, racist, hypocrites. Set out to divide this coutry through class warfare and racism, so you can conquer it. I've got news fer ya. We ain't gonna let you get away with it. Let those panther pussies start their race war. Let nobama keep lying himself into an ever deeper hole. It's all good. Like I've said come November we'll see what America wants. More lies, divisivness, and socialism, or reality, truth, and capitalism. Tea Party 2012!
All that typing again just to avoid answering one simple question?

WHAT STORY DID WALLACE DO THAT SHOWED A DISLIKING OF CONSERVATIVES?

your ranting just shows cowardice, answer the question or admit your just another hateful uneducated conservative
mike

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Apr 14, 2012
 
Big Bone Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Gives new meaning to that old adage "more than one way to skin a dead cat"...huh?
And by the way, if you're only 50 there's no possible way for you to have attained the rank of colonel (06) in any branch unless it were Civil Air Patrol. And that ain't likely either.
Really//Have you heard of acclerated promotions.Yes it is possible to be a COLONEL AT FIFTY.IN the GULF WAR I was promoted to MAJOR 3 YEARS AHEAD OF THE CURVE due to me being on the AIR STAFF so yes its possible.
mike

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Apr 14, 2012
 
CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, those OWS'ers in cities all over America. Then those union thugs in Wisconsin are the epitomy of vitriolic, extremist! Those occupiers in their filthy, crime ridden camps. Selling and doing drugs. Getting arrested by the hundreds for destruction of property and vandalism. Costing the taxpayers of the cities they protest in millions in clean up costs. The union thugs destroying the capital building in Madison. I tell ya there needs to be something done about them and their uncivil, divisive, vitriolic, hate speech and destructiveness! Tea Party 2012!
What does this got to do with MIKE WALLACE//

“Liberals Ruined America”

Since: May 11

District of Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Apr 14, 2012
 
mike wrote:
<quoted text>Really//Have you heard of acclerated promotions.Yes it is possible to be a COLONEL AT FIFTY.IN the GULF WAR I was promoted to MAJOR 3 YEARS AHEAD OF THE CURVE due to me being on the AIR STAFF so yes its possible.
Okay mike. Whatever you say. In the following post, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/washington-dc... , you said you were 50, and now you say you were fifty during the Gulf War. That was roughly 20 years ago. So, you were a colonel during the Gulf War in the early 90s at fifty, which makes you 70 now, or you're 50 now and never was in the military at all of for just a short time.

I'll explain how officer "rapid" fast track promotions occur. By order of the President of the United States and upon immediate demand for, an officer may be immediately promoted to fill critical wartime positions as reserve officers, however with full pay, allowances, privileges, customs and courtesies, and only when all other avenues of filling the position are expired. Personnel promoted shall not be promoted more than two pay grades for a period exceeding 1 year at which time the previous rank, privileges, customs, and courtesies shall be resumed.

Were you fifty then? Or now? In either case you're a liar and anything you say now is not trustworthy unless and until you confess.
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Apr 15, 2012
 
Big Bone Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay mike. Whatever you say. In the following post, http://www.topix.com/forum/city/washington-dc... , you said you were 50, and now you say you were fifty during the Gulf War. That was roughly 20 years ago. So, you were a colonel during the Gulf War in the early 90s at fifty, which makes you 70 now, or you're 50 now and never was in the military at all of for just a short time.
I'll explain how officer "rapid" fast track promotions occur. By order of the President of the United States and upon immediate demand for, an officer may be immediately promoted to fill critical wartime positions as reserve officers, however with full pay, allowances, privileges, customs and courtesies, and only when all other avenues of filling the position are expired. Personnel promoted shall not be promoted more than two pay grades for a period exceeding 1 year at which time the previous rank, privileges, customs, and courtesies shall be resumed.
Were you fifty then? Or now? In either case you're a liar and anything you say now is not trustworthy unless and until you confess.
What do you know about the promotion system-nothing nothing at all.Instead you twist my words around.I got news for you your superiors rate you and then they recommend promote ahead of others -promote with the others-dont promote thats how it works.
CONSERVATIVE

Maysville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Apr 15, 2012
 
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>All that typing again just to avoid answering one simple question?
WHAT STORY DID WALLACE DO THAT SHOWED A DISLIKING OF CONSERVATIVES?
your ranting just shows cowardice, answer the question or admit your just another hateful uneducated conservative
There is no one story, it's the culture of liberal bias that permeates the media, especially MSNBC. If you don't acknwoledge there is a liberal bias in the media, you're part of the problem. Nobama got hardly any hardball questions during the 2008 campaign. While McCain was pummeled with them. But the bigest disparity was when Palin was announced as VP and they picked her apart like a school of piranha. They even chastised her family, in particular her daughter and retarded son Trig. Something even nobama has said time and again is off limits. The only coward here is YOU! As I've also stated time and again. If YOU are YOUR example of civil and educated. I'll stick with being counted among "the great unwashed". Better that than a liberal douchbag!

“Liberals Ruined America”

Since: May 11

District of Columbia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Apr 15, 2012
 
mike wrote:
<quoted text>What do you know about the promotion system-nothing nothing at all.Instead you twist my words around.I got news for you your superiors rate you and then they recommend promote ahead of others -promote with the others-dont promote thats how it works.
What I know about the military is extensive. You said you were "rapidly" promoted. Now you're talking about regular promotions. All personnel must serve minimum time in grade, and time in service by law, unless a declared contingency exists.

Twist your words? Not hardly. I used your words to prove you're a liar and plagiarizing and patronizing military personnel. And that's disgraceful.

It's time you let this go. You were obviously wrong about being in the military the way you described.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Apr 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no one story, it's the culture of liberal bias that permeates the media, especially MSNBC. If you don't acknwoledge there is a liberal bias in the media, you're part of the problem. Nobama got hardly any hardball questions during the 2008 campaign. While McCain was pummeled with them. But the bigest disparity was when Palin was announced as VP and they picked her apart like a school of piranha. They even chastised her family, in particular her daughter and retarded son Trig. Something even nobama has said time and again is off limits. The only coward here is YOU! As I've also stated time and again. If YOU are YOUR example of civil and educated. I'll stick with being counted among "the great unwashed". Better that than a liberal douchbag!
Exactly, there is no story you can name, which proves my point that you are nothing more than an uneducated hate filled mindless drone.

Insulting a man just for dying is just pathetic, and not very Christian. Make sure you go to church today and ask god for the strength to be a dcent human being

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Apr 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no one story, it's the culture of liberal bias that permeates the media, especially MSNBC. If you don't acknwoledge there is a liberal bias in the media, you're part of the problem. Nobama got hardly any hardball questions during the 2008 campaign. While McCain was pummeled with them. But the bigest disparity was when Palin was announced as VP and they picked her apart like a school of piranha. They even chastised her family, in particular her daughter and retarded son Trig. Something even nobama has said time and again is off limits. The only coward here is YOU! As I've also stated time and again. If YOU are YOUR example of civil and educated. I'll stick with being counted among "the great unwashed". Better that than a liberal douchbag!
You whine to much.

Please link to ANY mainstream media story that picked on Trig? The ease with which conservatives lie is truly astounding. The only person I recall being mean to trig is Sarah herself http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainmen...
Wake Up

Bolingbrook, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Apr 15, 2012
 
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/sara...
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>You whine to much.
Please link to ANY mainstream media story that picked on Trig? The ease with which conservatives lie is truly astounding. The only person I recall being mean to trig is Sarah herself http://www.advocate.com/Arts_and_Entertainmen...
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Apr 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

CONSERVATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
I respect those who respect me. Wallace and other liberal propagandist don't respect conservatives. I'm only returning the favor and calling him out for what he was.
...I'm thinking, Obama's second term.....is gonna be, especially tough on you.....

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Apr 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Wake Up wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new s/politics/sarah-palin-strikes -back-levi-johnston-trig-comme nts-mean-spirited-malicious-un true-article-1.387680 <quoted text>
And that story ishows the mainstream media insulting trig? It shows stupid Sarah being mean to trig, as I already posted

Terrible attempt pops

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of107
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Television Forum right now

Search the Television Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min Ink 303,266
'Duck Dynasty' wine: Will Bible Belt fans approve? 30 min Willie 144
Debby Ryan, Zendaya, and other Disney girls shi... 36 min amw 9
Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 46 min NoMo 31,821
Fast N' Loud finds the first two Pontiac Firebi... 1 hr 427kingdotcom 1
Proudly Representing the 'B' in LGBT: Let's Hea... 1 hr Absolutely 5
Is Dolly Parton worried about goddaughter Miley... 3 hr dollys pardons 2
•••
•••
•••