Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,559
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#259659 Sep 22, 2012
Only an absolute mor5on would think that threatening an atheist with hell would be a good tactic. Are you worried about having your soul eaten by a crocodile, like the egyptians believed could happen?
Moon is hell bound wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you do atheist because you don't want to look your future in hell in the face! You've got it double bad because your an atheist heathen and your mated to a pagan priest!!

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#259660 Sep 22, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you are ... shall we say a bit 'touched' mentally, but again, I will ask you to refrain from accusing others of being me.
I believe I will report you myself, because the moderators of this forum will certainly be able to tell that you are falsely accusing others.
I find it ironic that you are so fixated on this, when its well known that you are in fact doing what you accuse others of.
What a sad person you are.
But, but, they started it:-)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#259661 Sep 22, 2012
Clearly, your own cowardice makes the world a scary place.
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, gee........
" it's only Topix" - but its not, its LIFE & these are the dangerous sentiments & paradigms that are spead al the time in real life & its scary
you have Vladshit defending mass muderers, & the likes o Moonqueen still venting bigtry at my religion, so irrationally - its frustrating
"beer.....drinks" - mmmmmmm sounds good
Makes sense

Dearborn, MI

#259662 Sep 23, 2012
Who says you can't have your cake and eat it too???

9/21/2012 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF.

Mitt Romney's Son
Signed 'Abortion' Clause
In Surrogate Birth Contract

EXCLUSIVE

TMZ has learned Mitt Romney's son Tagg -- who had twins this year through a surrogate -- signed an agreement that gave the surrogate, as well as Tagg and his wife, the right to abort the fetuses in non-life threatening situations ... and Mitt Romney covered some of the expenses connected with the arrangement ... and it may boil down to an incredibly stupid mistake.

The twin boys -- David Mitt and William Ryder -- were born on May 4, 2012. We've learned Tagg and his wife Jen, along with the surrogate and her husband, signed a Gestational Carrier Agreement dated July 28, 2011. Paragraph 13 of the agreement reads as follows:

"If in the opinion of the treating physician or her independent obstetrician there is potential physical harm to the surrogate, the decision to abort or not abort is to be made by the surrogate."

Translation: Tagg and Jen gave the surrogate the right to abort the fetuses even if her life wasn't in danger. All the surrogate has to show is "potential physical harm," which could be something like preeclampsia -- a type of high blood pressure that could damage the mother's liver, kidney or brain, but is not necessarily life-threatening.

Paragraph 13 goes on:

"In the event the child is determined to be physiologically, genetically or chromosomally abnormal, the decision to abort or not to abort is to be made by the intended parents. In such a case the surrogate agrees to abort, or not to abort, in accordance with the intended parents' decision."

And there's another relevant provision in Paragraph 13:

"Any decision to abort because of potential harm to the child, or to reduce the number of fetuses, is to be made by the intended parents."

Translation: Tagg and his wife, Jen, had the right to abort the fetuses if they felt they would not be healthy.

Sources connected with Mitt Romney tell TMZ, Mitt was involved in the surrogate arrangement because he paid some of the expenses connected with the agreement. We do not know if Mitt Romney read the contract or knew the terms.

Mitt has said, "I'm in favor of abortion being legal in the case of rape and incest and the health and life of the mother." Otherwise, Romney is against abortion.

Now for the stupid mistake. We've learned Tagg chose the same surrogate in 2009, who gave birth to a boy. Attorney Bill Handel -- a nationally-known expert in surrogacy law who put the deal together between Tagg and the surrogate -- tells TMZ when the 2009 contract was drafted there was no Paragraph 13 providing for abortion because Tagg and his wife didn't want it.

Handel says in 2011, when the second contract was being drafted, everyone involved "just forgot" to remove Paragraph 13. Handel says, "No one noticed. What can I say?" .

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/20/mitt-romney-son...
Billy

Cookeville, TN

#259663 Sep 23, 2012
I think it was disappointing for Mr. Obama being at a fund raising with Jay-z while Americans were killed and U.S. Ambassador, Chris Stevens was murdered, tortured and dragged through the streets in Libya. To make matters worse Mr. Obama apologized to the Muslims.
Please pray for Mr. Stevens family.
yakalot

Muscotah, KS

#259664 Sep 23, 2012
Billy wrote:
I think it was disappointing for Mr. Obama being at a fund raising with Jay-z while Americans were killed and U.S. Ambassador, Chris Stevens was murdered, tortured and dragged through the streets in Libya. To make matters worse Mr. Obama apologized to the Muslims.
Please pray for Mr. Stevens family.
Agree.
yakalot

Muscotah, KS

#259665 Sep 23, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Your persistent anti-Chritsitan and especially anti-Catholic stalking hatred is off-topic. Maybe ladilewd should report you too. In all seriousness, I cannot believe you are a real Jew, when you write the things you write. If you are real, you truly are a disappointment.
She is clueless about her own religion. She is more of a pagan than a Jew.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259666 Sep 23, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Your persistent anti-Chritsitan and especially anti-Catholic stalking hatred is off-topic. Maybe ladilewd should report you too. In all seriousness, I cannot believe you are a real Jew, when you write the things you write. If you are real, you truly are a disappointment.
Riiiiiiighty Tommy. But you dont have one word for the idiots that are so anti-Christian like your friend the Knut. Whatever boy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#259667 Sep 23, 2012
yakalot wrote:
<quoted text>She is clueless about her own religion. She is more of a pagan than a Jew.
ANd you are clueless about your own Chrisitanity. Why aren't you in confession today Knutbar. Surely it would take all day for you. You're more Satanist then Catholic.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#259668 Sep 23, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"So you think forcibly spreading Christianity by oppression wasn't because of religion" - what? who told u most atrocities done by Christians were done by "spreading it"?? how many wars were unnecessarily fought by these guys for OTHER reasons than "religious"?
"Because you don't seem to get the point." - which is WHAT?
"I'm not calling you insults, right?" - no, what you did is worse, you're intentionally LYING abou somehing u claim ive done that i wouldnt DO
"so you want me to "hate" many people rather than a few?" - no, it wouldnt BE "hate" to express indignation with MULTIPLE things done by MULITIPLE people thru history - what YOU do instead IS hatred b/c you express indignation for ONE people for ONE reason alone, while ignoring other far MORE dangerous religious thugs plagueing the world right now....which proves your anger is not only irrational, but hatefull too --- again, if you were to express indignation for ALL religion, then (like Christopher Hitchens) you wouldnt be a bigot, at least you'd be more raional
Read your history. A lot of the oppression coming from the Christians was about conversion.

""Because you don't seem to get the point." - which is WHAT?'

Again..you keep ranting about atrocities committed by other groups but always failed to include Christian perpetrated atrocities..you leave those out, so I bring them up because you don't while you rant about other groups, and then you go apeshit. My conclusion is that you want to bitch and bitch and bitch about Muslims, Nazis, "Japs" etc, but you don't want to say a word about Christian atrocities, and you don't want anyone else to either.

You keep bringing up all the other groups and I balance your rants by bringing up the one group you never include...The Christians.

I can't make it any plainer.

" - no, what you did is worse, you're intentionally LYING abou somehing u claim ive done that i wouldnt DO"

You do, by rating ad nauseum about atrocities committed by other groups while always omitting any mention of atrocities committed by your own Christian group.

And, when I mention them you downplay those Christian atrocities by saying that other groups did so much worse.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259669 Sep 23, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Beer, drinks, should sound good..."
Dude, what's up? Why are you so agitated?
Exactly hat sentiments are being spread on "Topix" that you're so "afraid" of...?
Precisely which "mass-murderers" is "C-Peter" defending and where exactly is "LNM" venting "bigotry" against your religion?
If you're going to say that "LNM" has an anti-Christian bias, I'd be hard-pressed to disagree with you.
That said, I've also seen where "LNM" is coming from, and giving the viewpoint of an outsider I'd say, "Yes" she's got an anti-Christian bias. However, her bias is not merely a "simplistic" anti-Christian one...it's far more discerning....!
She rails against those who openly, and vociferously claim to be "Christians," yet their behavior on here belies their "professed" faith...
Thank you, John. You're always so reasonable.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#259670 Sep 23, 2012
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
"Beer, drinks, should sound good..."
Dude, what's up? Why are you so agitated?
Exactly hat sentiments are being spread on "Topix" that you're so "afraid" of...?
Precisely which "mass-murderers" is "C-Peter" defending and where exactly is "LNM" venting "bigotry" against your religion?
If you're going to say that "LNM" has an anti-Christian bias, I'd be hard-pressed to disagree with you.
That said, I've also seen where "LNM" is coming from, and giving the viewpoint of an outsider I'd say, "Yes" she's got an anti-Christian bias. However, her bias is not merely a "simplistic" anti-Christian one...it's far more discerning....!
She rails against those who openly, and vociferously claim to be "Christians," yet their behavior on here belies their "professed" faith...
I'd love a Bud,John..:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259671 Sep 23, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
As proabort pagan you are in no position to judge anyone.
Oh? And in your opinion who is in a position to judge? Faux-Christians like you? Who gave you the authority to rabidly judge people?

Why is it so many of you believers of God don't let God handle the affairs of his alleged creation? Why do you arrogantly think you should step in a play God yourself?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259672 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I suspect that if you tried to hold dominion over moon, ou would soon be a christian WOMAN whimpering in a corner, holding what's left of your genitalia.
<quoted text>
Now that's a convert of a totally different kind.

;)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#259673 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Only an absolute mor5on would think that threatening an atheist with hell would be a good tactic. Are you worried about having your soul eaten by a crocodile, like the egyptians believed could happen?
<quoted text>
LMAO!! The fundies and the fauxs love hell because they are so sure they're never going to be in it. I suspect that if it's ever discovered that there is a hell, it won't be populated with atheists...if you know what I mean.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259674 Sep 23, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't what he asked and you know it. No one gives a hoot how many answers she posed to YOU. She clearly explained her position, explicitly, over numerous posts. Unless you can only count to two?
Likely.
I never responded after she said, what ever springs from her loins she would keep. That was her second response to me and I thought that was enough.

If you have other evidence, show it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259675 Sep 23, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
You pointed out a couple examples of special instances. The fact is that, when the bible was written, the fetus was not considered to be alive by jewish law. There was no anathema to abortion.
<quoted text>
The Birth of Samson
13 Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, so the Lord delivered them into the hands of the Philistines for forty years.

2 A certain man of Zorah, named Manoah, from the clan of the Danites, had a wife who was childless, unable to give birth. 3 The angel of the Lord appeared to her and said,“You are barren and childless, but you are going to become pregnant and give birth to a son. 4 Now see to it that you drink no wine or other fermented drink and that you do not eat anything unclean. 5 You will become pregnant and have a son whose head is never to be touched by a razor because the boy is to be a Nazirite, dedicated to God from the womb. He will take the lead in delivering Israel from the hands of the Philistines.”

6 Then the woman went to her husband and told him,“A man of God came to me. He looked like an angel of God, very awesome. I didn’t ask him where he came from, and he didn’t tell me his name. 7 But he said to me,‘You will become pregnant and have a son. Now then, drink no wine or other fermented drink and do not eat anything unclean, because the boy will be a Nazirite of God from the womb until the day of his death.’”
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259676 Sep 23, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
First off "Ink", let me disavow you of the notion that you know ANYTHING regarding my life, my faith or my circumstances at that time.
I assure you - I wrote the way I KNOW it is - and YOU are incapable of saying otherwise, as it is YOU that hasn't a clue.
Further, I do not recall your presence within the sanctitiy of the Confessional, nor was I aware of your counsel to my priest as to what my penance was or should be, nor were you OR your opinion taken into account at the determination of the standing of my redemption.
I assure you, I am a Catholic - and for all my faults, I would say I'm a better one that you will ever be.
I would pray to Jesus to forgive you, as to paraphrase what is said 'for she knows not what she does'- but I fear you know EXACTLY what you do, and you simply do not care.
You are clearly suffering, but I believe it is self inflicted, and for that - I am very sorry for you.
You are the one who said you didn't regret killing one of God's children. That makes you an unrepentant sinner and as a Catholic, you know you have to honestly repent to be forgiven. I don't believe that you don't know that if you have had any Catholic teaching.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#259677 Sep 23, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"In my early 20's I had an abortion. I dont regret that abortion at all, and I've confessed, asked for forgiveness, and been granted that by Jesus."
If you don't regret anything, what the heck were you "confessing" about, and what were you "forgiven" for? I call bullshit on that. How come you pro-choicers have SO MANY usernames here that you use at the same time, trying to pretend to be so many different people?
Didn't fool you either, I see.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#259678 Sep 23, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? And in your opinion who is in a position to judge? Faux-Christians like you? Who gave you the authority to rabidly judge people?
Why is it so many of you believers of God don't let God handle the affairs of his alleged creation? Why do you arrogantly think you should step in a play God yourself?
excellent, thought provoking question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama to detail his executive action on immigra... 5 min Dee Dee Dee 90
CBS Network's 'Home for the Holidays' Special W... 30 min Wimyum 1
As Bill Cosby scandal unfolds, Britain is still... 1 hr USA Today 4
'Duck Dynasty' wine: Will Bible Belt fans approve? (Nov '13) 9 hr Garrett 294
John Tesh and the anchor team of "Intelligence ... 10 hr Who 1
Romney Leads Scattered 2016 GOP Field, Clinton ... 10 hr Elise Gingerich 95
ABC, CBS, NBC Won't Carry Obama 12 hr Goombah 1

Television People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE