Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309875 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#256521 Sep 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>If you saw a truck coming down the road,aiming directly at a toddler in the street and a cockroach,which one would you run in the street to save?(since you have humans and species on the same level).
Kthanks in advance.
lol, perfect analogy. Kenose/Ladilulu's arguments equating humans/mammals to bugs and plants is ridiculous.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#256522 Sep 5, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talk about? If the cord's cut and baby's breathing - even before placenta is delivered - it's a baby. My belief is not complicated, but you're trying to make it extremely so. It must require mile-long jumps to get from my Point A to your Point B.
I have no idea how you got to the above based on examples of factual belief and emotional belief provided for what so far appears to be your altar.
How can you be so bored with the new school year starting? Don't you have some closets and drawers to go through? Don't some nooks and crannies you've not laid eyes on for at least 6mos need attention?
""""" " If the cord's cut and baby's breathing - even before placenta is delivered - it's a baby"""" ""

Yes,you've explained this. I am asking you what "it" is BEFORE the cord is cut if according to you it is a "baby" AFTER the cord is cut and baby is breathing?.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#256523 Sep 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> It's just you.
Once AGAIN,you make a ridicilious statement,and get annoyed when people respond to it.
Amazing. You've become your own worst enemy.
Her "a fetus is a fetus until cord is cut and breathing" ("fact"), especially with no medical, legal or technical proof to back her claim proves she's a deluded mental case.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#256524 Sep 5, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Like elsie pointed out, Knutter-butter (pupsilicious) is an example of someone who said no pro-life person wants RvW upheld.
It would appear that you and and Lil conveniently glossed over that post.... and yet Lil claims to have scrolled through the 200,000 pages of this thread - LOL !!!!!!!!!!
Hey liar, provide the post if mine in which I said I "scrolled through the 200,000 pages of this thread".

I SAID, I scrolled since post # 256363. I SAID, if Bitner's post with the links is prior to that, to provide the number of the post in which she posted the links. I SAID, no post from her with any link is in any of her posts since that post number. Thank you for making a fool of yourself, for proving you're a liar who constantly posts lies, and for proving yet again that you people can't read for comprehension and don't ever know what you're talking about when you post.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#256525 Sep 5, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>The country will never agree 100% on this subject. It boils down to pro-choice and anti-choice. Some feel the need to control other adult's decisions in life and the other side truely believes they can make those decisions on their own. The presidential election is headed for a pro-choice vs anti-choice showdown unless the Republican party changes their stand. I've already seen "Republican For Obama" bumper stickers.
""""" It boils down to pro-choice and anti-choice""" "

Sorry there Tom,but there are the proaborts too.

""""Some feel the need to control other adult's decisions in life"""" "

I agree. I'm one of them. If that decision includes killing an innocent humans life,then yes,I think they need intervention.

Keep in mind that MOST proaborts on here who CLAIM to be prochoice are ALSO anti-choice like me. They AGREE with restrictions on a womans choice. They are proabortion when THEY feel it is okay, they don't CARE that the woman might want to kill her baby after the restrictions.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#256526 Sep 5, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to apologize for my last few posts. Since they claim to not have seen my links, I wanted to make sure they couldn't miss them :)
Don't apologize for that. Apologize for claiming you provided links and still not providing a post number to your post that supposedly has the links, for those of us who said we didn't see those links you supposedly posted.

Don't reply to this post with anything other than a post number.

“Rockabye”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#256527 Sep 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, mental case; unless you provide proof of your claims that once out of the woman's body it is a fetus, technically or otherwise, then you're just posting your delusions about it all. I have provided links that proved you wrong. From the moment that huan being is delivered, that human being is considered medically, legally and technically an infant, before cord is cut and breathing.
Your turn to provide links that prove your claims right. They're your claims, Toots. Let's have the proof.
Why? It's been provided plenty of times in the past; most recently last Spring. I have no intention of replaying this recycled conversation. You are not willing to see others' perspectives or try to glean an understanding. All you do is petulantly demand proof from others then ignore it or argue it to death all while telling everyone else *your* beliefs are "Common sense".

Find the page I'm on. It'd be easier for you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#256528 Sep 5, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
The only "argument" I have is that once you (not you, literally) start to try to decide what species, or life is more valuable than another, your personal bias will get in the way of being truly objective. Of course you will proclaim your species is more important that a cockroach. Deciding what life form is more valuable than another is, in essence, taking on the role of God.
That is the role God gave us.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#256529 Sep 5, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Like elsie pointed out, Knutter-butter (pupsilicious) is an example of someone who said no pro-life person wants RvW upheld.
It would appear that you and and Lil conveniently glossed over that post.... and yet Lil claims to have scrolled through the 200,000 pages of this thread - LOL !!!!!!!!!!
I glossed over what post?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#256530 Sep 5, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? It's been provided plenty of times in the past; most recently last Spring. I have no intention of replaying this recycled conversation. You are not willing to see others' perspectives or try to glean an understanding. All you do is petulantly demand proof from others then ignore it or argue it to death all while telling everyone else *your* beliefs are "Common sense".
Find the page I'm on. It'd be easier for you.
Why? Because your proof wasn't proof at all, that's why. We proved it wasn't proof, provided proof that you were wrong and you couldn't accept then like you can't accept now, that you're a deluded mental case.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#256531 Sep 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink, did you see the link and what's on it? Does it say wanting RvW upheld? I haven't seen any link from Bitner. Obviously if a pro-lifer wants a woman allowed an abortion if she'd die without one, THAT's the ONLY part they're wanting to uphold from RvW. I have to wonder about the wording of the question on Bitner's link.
Lily check these links out for starters. Very important.

http://liveaction.org/blog/abortion-to-save-t...

&au toplay=1

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive/ldn/...

Think of Andrea Bocelli and Tim Tebows moms too.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#256532 Sep 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I would imagine they'd enforce the laws much the same way they enforce laws regarding abortion after viability. There has to be medical/legal cause and accountability.
That's just not workable. They still get around viability. Tiller did with signed form letters indicating continuing the pregnancy could affect her health. Evidently most of the women had the same health issues, Pregnancy.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#256533 Sep 5, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
More people are using birth control and refusing to have kids than before, and many more are choosing to have small families. China has found its own solution. And there is no dearth of disease and war.
<quoted text>
I disagree that "more" people are using birth control. Our unplanned pregnancy rates are off the charts,as well as our abortion and single parenting rates.

Question: do you think that China's solution is a good one?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#256534 Sep 5, 2012
To Bitner:

In post # 256419 you said, "People call themselves things for different reasons. What you miss is that the majority STILL think RvW should be upheld, even some who call themselves "pro-life"."

No link.

Your posts #s starting at that post 256419 256422, 256431, 256441, 256455, 256456, 256461, 256465, 256465 no link.

Your post #256482 you claim you provided links "in previous post", and none of your posts that I've seen have links in them.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#256536 Sep 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Lily check these links out for starters. Very important.
http://liveaction.org/blog/abortion-to-save-t...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4Kf16qExpZQXX&autoplay=1
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive/ldn/...
Think of Andrea Bocelli and Tim Tebows moms too.
Thanks, I will, just as soon as I have a bit more time. I have to go right now but will check it out when I come back to Topix.
sassylicious

Jackson, NJ

#256537 Sep 5, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
There are seconds to minutes during birthing when the fetus is still a fetus because it's still receiving its life's oxygen and blood through the umbilical cord.
You determine once out in the room, before cord is cut and breathing, it's a baby. So long as you recognize it's still technically a fetus, without any guarantee of normal survival, then you can be called a realist instead of a wishful thinker. The word BABY is a term of endearment and can apply to anything under the sun someone holds dear. For some odd reason, I thought you -- self-proclaimed genius -- would've understood this without explanation (even though I specifically recall explaining this last Spring).
So, you are saying that a fully delivered baby is still technically fetus because it is still attached to the cord.

""" So long as you recognize it's still technically a fetus, without any guarantee of normal survival"""

What?

What?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#256538 Sep 5, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister-in-law think this year will be bad, especially food prices. So bad,she is frightened something will give,like chaos,among people all over the united states. I do hope she is wrong.
Foodbanks are running out of food already. I am afraid there will be riots and more breakins etc.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#256539 Sep 5, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> So, you are saying that a fully delivered baby is still technically fetus because it is still attached to the cord.
""" So long as you recognize it's still technically a fetus, without any guarantee of normal survival"""
What?
What?
I heard Obama used the term a born fetus.... Dang this world is getting evil . RealKatie is real evil.

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#256540 Sep 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because your proof wasn't proof at all, that's why. We proved it wasn't proof, provided proof that you were wrong and you couldn't accept then like you can't accept now, that you're a deluded mental case.
Says you. Nah, all you did was prove you were confused and somehow tried to equate it with my stance on abortion. Not good.

I can accept when I'm wrong just fine. I love learning. Perpetual learners never know everything. It's those who think they know everything who have a hard time accepting they're wrong, imo.

“Rockabye”

Location hidden

#256541 Sep 5, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Foodbanks are running out of food already. I am afraid there will be riots and more breakins etc.
Yes, it's called Social Darwinism and encouraged by the Republican Party. It's classic irony what with the Republicans linking pockets and wallets with religious clergy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Browns Mills man appears tonight on 'Showtime a... (Nov '06) 32 min LOLWHOCARES 10
News Earthquake Emergency Kit and Preparedness 1 hr Compass points 1
News Twin Peaks Biker: Waco PD Put Everyone in - Har... 4 hr TexasGunner 1
News Sarah Palin says she wants to run for president... 5 hr New Perspective 3
News Huckabee defends Josh Duggar molesting sisters:... 6 hr Anonymous 39
News Sources: KTVK drops 'Good Morning Arizona' pers... (Mar '09) 6 hr just me 789
News TLC cancels Duggar series 6 hr New Perspective 11
More from around the web