Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 11,901)

Showing posts 238,001 - 238,020 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

So, you didn't get the memo about born humans having rights independently of their parents?

Most americans can't find their own frigging country on a map; we don't dumb down constitutional rights to make the great unwashed happy. The question is, where does the constitution revoke women's rights due to a biological condition? Where does it invest the fetus with rights, and how does that work with the 14th amendment?
Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>So did you defend Susan Smith and Yates in their decision to get rid of the kids they "dont want"? The question is, when should the government step in to protect life, most Americans believe it is at viability.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Second-term abortions aren't up to the state, but a doctor has to okay the procedure, mostly because the risks are somewhat higher for complications (but still lower than childbirth). Of course, states are trying to get round that with these ridiculous "fetal pain" and "personhood" laws, but they keep getting smacked down.
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they are.,and probably will continue doing so. To my understanding in Roe, during the first three months,states can't interfere at all. The second three moths states could regulate abortion,and the last three,states can bar abortion except to save the life of the Mom. If I'm mistaken let me know.,Pete.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Badaxe wrote:
<quoted text>So did you defend Susan Smith and Yates in their decision to get rid of the kids they "dont want"? The question is, when should the government step in to protect life, most Americans believe it is at viability.
Why should a woman you've never met be restricted even more than she is today from terminating an unhealthy or fatal pregnancy post-viability? Regardless of anyone's personal feelings surrounding the issue, the fact is it is already heavily-monitored, is between the physicians involved and the woman, and laws have to be followed or said physicians will lose their licenses and/or face jail time.

Post-viability abortions DO NOT EQUAL killing your kids by drowning, beating, smothering, etc. It is a false-equivalency on your mind, but you judge others' by it. Strange. Weird. And not very reasonable, if you ask me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Hey all! I see nothing has changed around here.
cpeter is ignorant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
And as soon as you can find a right to be gestated in the constitution, let us know. Until then, no fetus has a right to use the woman's body against her will.
<quoted text>
The Constitution doesn't include a specific right to breathe either. But it does include a right not to be killed. Breathing and gestating are both necessary, critical, and integral components of every human life that exists and neither you nor anyone else has the right to terminate them.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

lost-cause wrote:
Hi LC :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi LC :)
Hey Katie! How have you been?:)

"Post-viability abortions DO NOT EQUAL killing your kids by drowning, beating, smothering, etc. It is a false-equivalency on your mind, but you judge others' by it. Strange. Weird. And not very reasonable, if you ask me."

I agree with this btw ^^^^

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Where's motor mouth Lynne today?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

You breathe on your own. Gestating involves the woman, and there is no constitutional principle that causes her to lose the right to make her own decisions once pregnant.
cpeter is ignorant wrote:
<quoted text>
The Constitution doesn't include a specific right to breathe either. But it does include a right not to be killed. Breathing and gestating are both necessary, critical, and integral components of every human life that exists and neither you nor anyone else has the right to terminate them.
elise lives in fairy tale

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. Civilized societies have always condoned the legalized killing of human life.
They may consider themselves to be civilized and call themselves civilized, but if they condone legalized elective killing of human life, they are not.
Watch your language.
cpeter is stupid

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Killing an intruder in self-defense is both legal and elective; nobody is making you defend yourself.
<quoted text>
Self defense killing is justified. The intruder represents a threat. In this context elective means to kill without the need for any reason or justification. You are both stupid and ignorant.
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Katie! How have you been?:)
"Post-viability abortions DO NOT EQUAL killing your kids by drowning, beating, smothering, etc. It is a false-equivalency on your mind, but you judge others' by it. Strange. Weird. And not very reasonable, if you ask me."
I agree with this btw ^^^^
Is a bit warm today, but otherwise all is good :)
How're things on your end?

(i mighta worded it better, tho)
katie is stupid too

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it is concluded you do not believe in self-defense,
Elective killing stupid one. Not justifiable killing.

are vegan, and live inside a house within a yard overrun by insects.

See where I said "human" life stupid one ?
It is also concluded that you wish to survive forever, while not actually living, with your body hooked up to artificial support even when you, yourself, are no longer present and accounted for; just a shell of yourself taking up somebody else's time, somebody else's space because you are really selfish to the core and do not see that sometimes, in instances you may never have to experience, death is merciful.
Go ahead and call me scary. It just highlights your limited ability to think things through. I can see it now -- women forbidden to decide the fates of their pregnancies, people forbidden to decide the fate of their lives following diagnoses of horror one can never fully imagine unless they've experienced it.
Yeah, you're definitely for a No Kill Shelter-like world where the forgotten languishes, subsisting on hope for a miracle or at least a loving family to adopt, or at the very least, sponsor them so they can actually live rather than just survive.
And you think I'm scary?!
<shakes head>
I call you scary because you are. You condone euthanasia for those whose lives you deem unworthy of living. Now that is scary.
elise is confused

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, if you are an woman, you do have abortion rights, whether you take advantage of them, or not. That you choose to ignore your moral and/or legal rights does not erase those rights. They are still there.
That wasn't the point.
elise is getting closer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Men have the right to make their own medical decisions without interference.

Yes they do. And that right does not include the right to legally electively kill human life.
Woman deserve the same right.
They deserve it and they've got it.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Are you in favor of the Romney-Ryan position on birth control for women's use?
First, hasn't Mitt flipped flop on his stand on abortion? Most politicians do that,and the main reason why I dislike them. What exactly are their positions on birth control?
What birth control do they object to? I'll answer Grump,I just want to answer,the best I can and be honest,about it,knowing what you believe to be true.
foo foo is wrong

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Nobody has said or even implied that its a simple issue -
Katie not only implied it, she SAID it.
And yes, civilized societies can and DO allow women to make their own choices regarding abortion. That's a fact. Deal with it.
The fact that some of them might call themselves civilized or that YOU consider them civilized, doesn't make them civilized.
No it doesn't.
"Sure you can have "legalized killing of human life in a civilized society." Would you rather the world be like one ginormous No Kill Shelter? Where people, instead of unwanted animals, languish on a subsistence level waiting for a miracle or at least to be adopted by a loving family?"

How else could you interpret that quote ? Come on !!!

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

lost-cause wrote:
Hi LC!

I hope you are enjoying your summer :)
Katie

Auburn, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

katie is stupid too wrote:
<quoted text>
Elective killing stupid one. Not justifiable killing.
Who says elective abortion isn't justified killing? A form of self-defense.
<quoted text>See where I said "human" life stupid one ?
Yes, a human embryo/fetus is human. I didn't assume you were discussing puppies or kitties. You were talking about killing, too, just shy of calling it evil. Some killing is evil, but not abortion. You guys have magnified the embryo/fetus's importance beyond that of the woman gestating it.
<quoted text>
I call you scary because you are. You condone euthanasia for those whose lives you deem unworthy of living. Now that is scary.
I don't condone euthanasia; that's your mistake. I condone individual people deciding their individual medical issues using their rights to privacy and autonomy. It isn't complicated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Is a bit warm today, but otherwise all is good :)
How're things on your end?
(i mighta worded it better, tho)
Cooler and rain here, finally... all's good. Been a warm one tho!

(I understood it just fine :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 238,001 - 238,020 of303,324
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Television Forum right now

Search the Television Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who says Mormons aren't Christians? (Oct '11) 3 hr pearl 31,889
O'Reilly to Bundy Supporter: What's the Differe... 5 hr Meet Ed and Elaine Brown 1
Tori Spelling's Husband Says Sex Life 'Wasn't F... 5 hr Mega Monster 3
New BBC drama 'incomprehensible' 8 hr Chuy 1
Ray Romano returns with 'Men of a Certain Age' (Dec '09) 8 hr vicky laster 6
MasterChef Canada makes the cut to the final tw... 9 hr other stories 1
19 Kids and Counting RECAP 4/1/14: Season 8 Pre... 9 hr cak 3
•••
•••
•••