Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
238,001 - 238,020 of 305,088 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Men have the same right to abort as women do, should the occasion arise.
elise is getting closer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. And that right does not include the right to legally electively kill human life.
<quoted text>
They deserve it and they've got it.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
First, hasn't Mitt flipped flop on his stand on abortion? Most politicians do that,and the main reason why I dislike them. What exactly are their positions on birth control?
What birth control do they object to? I'll answer Grump,I just want to answer,the best I can and be honest,about it,knowing what you believe to be true.
I would also like to know what Grumpy thinks the Romney/Ryan plan for birth control is. They seem pretty focused on the dept and jobs.
Ink
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I don't think we're ever going to satisfy everyone on this issue, but I still think it comes down to personal choice. Nobody is required to get an abortion if they don't want one. I personally would never get one and so I never did, and that was the only abortion I could, or would, prevent.
You say You would never get an abortion. Why not.
Ink
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Why should a Catholic pharmacist be allowed to pick and choose what prescriptions he/she is willing to fill? If the pharmacist is against birth control then the pharmacist doesn't have to use birth control, otherwise he should just do his job and fill scripts.
Do you have any documented evidence that that is actually happening?
Ink
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Go on, run Ink, run.
I'm back, did you have something of importance to say?

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

for knutter.....
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2012/08/oregon-c...

yeah no pedphiles in the rcc,you can't make this up

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You say You would never get an abortion. Why not.
I notice both you and tomtom are both from PA and now coincidentally you both lack an ip address.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do...

"Nov 3, 2011 A Pharmacist Refuses to Fill a Prescription for Birth Control: An Ethics ... a Roman Catholic, refused to fill the prescription, explaining that to do ..."

http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/focusare...

"Some Pharmacies Refuse to Fill Birth Control Prescriptions"

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story...

"Pharmacists' Rights at Front Of New Debate
Because of Beliefs, Some Refuse To Fill Birth Control Prescriptions"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I have provided you with that documented proof, I will point out that I posed my remarks as a question and not as a statement, but thanks for the opportunity to show that it does indeed happen

<quoted text>
"Why should a Catholic pharmacist be allowed to pick and choose what prescriptions he/she is willing to fill? If the pharmacist is against birth control then the pharmacist doesn't have to use birth control, otherwise he should just do his job and fill scripts."
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
I notice both you and tomtom are both from PA and now coincidentally you both lack an ip address.
That's totally silly Dick Tracy. Do you know how big a state PA is?
wellwell
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, I do...
"Nov 3, 2011 A Pharmacist Refuses to Fill a Prescription for Birth Control: An Ethics ... a Roman Catholic, refused to fill the prescription, explaining that to do ..."
http://www.scu.edu/ethics/practicing/focusare...
"Some Pharmacies Refuse to Fill Birth Control Prescriptions"
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story...
"Pharmacists' Rights at Front Of New Debate
Because of Beliefs, Some Refuse To Fill Birth Control Prescriptions"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...
Catholic pharmacists can through the conscience clause.
ThomasA
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what are you for,Thomas? Are you for restrictions,or none? Are you for abortion till birth and after? Lay it on the line Thomas,let me know.
I believe the matter should be left up to the person that's pregnant ,not a bunch of busy bodies trying to interfere in other people's lives. No one has ever established just who is qualified to set restrictions and who in every town and state would be qualified to enforce and carry out those restrictions. Why don't YOU come out with a detailed female body control plan including implementation and enforcement and let's see what's on your mind or let's leave well enough alone with RvW
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Now that I have provided you with that documented proof, I will point out that I posed my remarks as a question and not as a statement, but thanks for the opportunity to show that it does indeed happen
<quoted text>
"Why should a Catholic pharmacist be allowed to pick and choose what prescriptions he/she is willing to fill? If the pharmacist is against birth control then the pharmacist doesn't have to use birth control, otherwise he should just do his job and fill scripts."
Thanks for providing the links. My thought is that nobody has the right to make someone do something they don't want to do.

If they are forced by law, then you are taking away their rights.
In the case of pharmacy owners, they have a right to sell what they want. It's their business and is going to be run their way.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Is that supposed to be an answer to 'why you wouldn't have a abortion?'
sassyjm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone gets it Chaz. You hate being a womn, you hate being pregnant, you hate your lot in life, ytou hate your kid, you hate your husband, you hate religion, etc.
Has you child and husband killed themselves yet? Life with you allows them instant sainthood. I'm surprised thewy haven't asked for snactuary from the nearest church.
This girl is scary. She is so anti- child. Okay so therel are people who don't want large families. Understandable but this one repeats herself over and over with such vengeance about how she loves not being pregnant and not having more than one child. It's like' Whoaaaa easy there ....we got it the first thousand times you said it'.

Another thing with her(and shes not alone) is that she seems fearful as if some man is abusing/mistreating her and forcing her to do things against her will.

Odd thing is that these women are all menopausal age. They aint gettin pregnant.
sassyjm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to be an answer to 'why you wouldn't have a abortion?'
A word of advice,most will not tell you why. They dare not say why for fear they are exposing their true thoughts and beliefs on that act. Soto be safe, they stick with the issue being about others choices. Pick a different scenerio..say Gosnell,sex selection abortion, after viability abortions involving healthy baby, etc...and the suddenly feel justified to voice their 'personal 'opinions.
sassyjm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says elective abortion isn't justified killing? A form of self-defense.
<quoted text>
Yes, a human embryo/fetus is human. I didn't assume you were discussing puppies or kitties. You were talking about killing, too, just shy of calling it evil. Some killing is evil, but not abortion. You guys have magnified the embryo/fetus's importance beyond that of the woman gestating it.
<quoted text>
I don't condone euthanasia; that's your mistake. I condone individual people deciding their individual medical issues using their rights to privacy and autonomy. It isn't complicated.
You admit to killing a human....a human in your womb is your conceived and developing offspring. Then you say it's justified killing in self-defense?

I feel sorry for you. You need help.

You had no respect for your newest grandaughter moments before her birth YET you exclaimed "a baby girl is on her way" as if you acknowleged her value and importance.

Blah!!!!
sassyjm

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the matter should be left up to the person that's pregnant ,not a bunch of busy bodies trying to interfere in other people's lives. No one has ever established just who is qualified to set restrictions and who in every town and state would be qualified to enforce and carry out those restrictions. Why don't YOU come out with a detailed female body control plan including implementation and enforcement and let's see what's on your mind or let's leave well enough alone with RvW
Rumor has it that your Moncie.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> A word of advice,most will not tell you why. They dare not say why for fear they are exposing their true thoughts and beliefs on that act. Soto be safe, they stick with the issue being about others choices. Pick a different scenerio..say Gosnell,sex selection abortion, after viability abortions involving healthy baby, etc...and the suddenly feel justified to voice their 'personal 'opinions.
I know that is the one question that won't be answered. They can't bring themselves to be truthful.

It amounts to,'I wouldn't kill my own child but I respect another's right to kill their's.'
Foo is wrong

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

godless by choice wrote:
for knutter.....
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2012/08/oregon-c...
yeah no pedphiles in the rcc,you can't make this up
Yet, people do, including the press.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••