Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,225
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more
STO
#252955 Aug 16, 2012
SassyJM wrote:
<quoted text>Honey,I am not interesting in converting you or anyone else. You claim to know your bible. Great news. How about you actually follow it? You can't sit here and hold this "I am anti-Catholic church but I know my bible and have read it frontwards,backwards,sidewards ,etc...if you ignore where God FORBIDS fornication and killing? Did you miss where God says that "he" creates us in HIS image and likeness? Did you miss the commandment that says that thou shall not kill?
Listen STO,I know that you feel that you will betray your Mom if you actually follow God the way HE wants you to,but again,since you 'know' your bible,you will see where God KNOWS that those situations might occur when we might even fight with loved with in order to follow him.
Bottom line...abortion is a reality,along with every other atrocity that abusing ones free will causes. We've got to get back to God. You attacking ME for wanting no more killings of the innocent in the womb,shows where your priorities are based. It's all about doing as you please,even if it means disobeying your God,and then trying to cover it up by killing your child,who is the natural result of that act.
See. This is what I'm talking about. Catholicism does not inform my understanding of the Bible. It does for you. Good for you. I reject it, for good, sound, Biblical reason.

You can believe whatever you want, and think the pope is the infallible surrogate for God and believe you're literally eating Christ's flesh and drinking His blood, and pray to Mary and bow to idols and on and on. I don't. I won't. I never will. Sorry. You will not find a convert here.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#252956 Aug 16, 2012
elise is getting closer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. And that right does not include the right to legally electively kill human life.
<quoted text>
They deserve it and they've got it.
Women have a right to make all medical decisions concerning their bodies, just as men have a right to make all medical decisions concerning their bodies. Tell you what... I won't tell you what to do with your prostate and you won't tell me what to do with my uterus. There you go.
STO
#252957 Aug 16, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
You admitted you did not read the bible earlier in the thread. You're full of feces for jesus.
She thinks Mary Magdalene was a prostitute because she saw it in a movie.

No kidding. She actually posted that. I had to set her straight with actual Bible verses, but...I think she still believes the movie.
STO
#252958 Aug 16, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Point this time is; in her mind in 2012, she described them as black first and people second, not the other way around. She then tried to backpedal from doing that by claiming they were "friends, who happened to be black", which she later denied having said. She's a mess, as they all are. Liars obviously contradict themselves and then have to backpedal constantly, as we see them do every day.
My sister-in-law and my two nephews are black. Err, if you asked the boys they'd tell you they are "mixed". Handsome little buggers. Did I mention all three are people? Got a neice who is part Filipino. She's a person, too. Pretty girl. Is it just me, or do mixed backgrounds seem to beget the best lookin' kids?

Hey guys, I think I made Lynne's list of racist posters!
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252959 Aug 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A pharmacist is paid to do a job, not to decide for the customers what meds they should be allowed to get based on the pharmacist's personal beliefs.
If the pharmacist is against birth control then the pharmacist doesn't have to use birth control. What about that don't you get? His/her personal beliefs are just that...personal.
You are talking about two different thing. A pharmacist working for a pharmacy would have to make his employer aware of his objection and the owner of the pharmacy would make the decision on how to hanle the problem.

A pharmacy is not required to carry any product in particular and if they don't want to carry certain items, they don't have to.

You can't force people to do what you want.

Atrisco Village

#252960 Aug 16, 2012
godless by choice wrote:
for knutter.....
http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2012/08/oregon-c...
yeah no pedphiles in the rcc,you can't make this up
When is the RCC going to sincerely do something to find out what is going with their priesthood. Apparently, there is a significant number of sexual predators entering the priesthood. What does it take for the Church to pay attention?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252961 Aug 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Because I don't want one.
Maybe not at the moment but you said you would never have one. Why not?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252962 Aug 16, 2012
<quoted text>
So you want to ask a question and then you want to script my answer for me?
Fundie control-freaks.
You could have answered and I wouldn't have to.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#252963 Aug 16, 2012
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Rumor has it that your Moncie.
And rumor it is! Consider the source. Normal adult people don't base their thinking on rumors,gossip,and hearsay. Leave that to the adolescents.

Atrisco Village

#252964 Aug 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for providing the links. My thought is that nobody has the right to make someone do something they don't want to do.
If they are forced by law, then you are taking away their rights.
In the case of pharmacy owners, they have a right to sell what they want. It's their business and is going to be run their way.
What about pharmacists that are employed by pharmacies that dispense birth control? If a pharmacist works for Walgreens, she knows that the corporation sells those products. Why work there and refuse to sell their products? Please don't answer my questions with questions. If you don't want to answer, just don't answer.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252965 Aug 16, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>What about pharmacists that are employed by pharmacies that dispense birth control? If a pharmacist works for Walgreens, she knows that the corporation sells those products. Why work there and refuse to sell their products? Please don't answer my questions with questions. If you don't want to answer, just don't answer.
That would be and is up to the owner of the pharmacy to decide, whether he would provide another pharmacist to fill the script or fire the objecting pharmacist.

Atrisco Village

#252966 Aug 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that supposed to be an answer to 'why you wouldn't have a abortion?'
Now, you know how we feel when we try to discuss something with you. How's the water?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#252968 Aug 16, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
She's not the one lying, liar.
"is claiming the words "black kids" and "black family" is racist, when it is NOT."
Actually, it is. Putting a person's skin color before the person IS racist, and you not knowing that in 2012 says it all about YOU.
No it isn't.

I'm mostly white. Guess I'm racist toward white folks (oops, I did it again!).

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#252969 Aug 16, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>And rumor it is! Consider the source. Normal adult people don't base their thinking on rumors,gossip,and hearsay. Leave that to the adolescents.
Never mind that Moncie hasn't posted in over a year, and that you live about 5 states away.

Minor details, Thomas!

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252970 Aug 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't force people to do what you want.
Righteeo.

Hence "choice."

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252971 Aug 16, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My sister-in-law and my two nephews are black. Err, if you asked the boys they'd tell you they are "mixed". Handsome little buggers. Did I mention all three are people? Got a neice who is part Filipino. She's a person, too. Pretty girl. Is it just me, or do mixed backgrounds seem to beget the best lookin' kids?
Hey guys, I think I made Lynne's list of racist posters!
Psst! I have a "mixed background," STO!

I won't say what the component parts are, though!

teehee!
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#252973 Aug 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Righteeo.
Hence "choice."
It works both ways.

Atrisco Village

#252974 Aug 16, 2012
<quoted text>
Because I don't want one.
Perfect answer. That's all anyone needs to know.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#252975 Aug 16, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It works both ways.
No one is forcing you to do anything, dear.

On the other hand,*you* support forcing people to go elsewhere for prescriptions,*you* support forcing women and young girls to gestate a pregnancy, no matter what.

Expecting a person to do the job they were hired for is not "forcing" them to do anything. They accepted those parameters when they accepted the job.
STO
#252976 Aug 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell was I trying to backpedal from Lynniekins? I was dropped off with a black family to play with their kids. I said it the way I meant to say it, I haven't backpedaled from anything.
<quoted text>
I worded it the way I meant it WITH the emphasis on the word BLACK becasue it WAS a discussion about race relations you dumbass. I'd say it again the same way today as well, if I wanted the emphasis there as well.
WTF difference does it make where the word was, first or second anyway? This is one of your more MORONIC bullshit arguments Lynne, and you've had a shitload of them.
Today, it would be PC to say "African American", except I've heard from MANY black people that they dont like that phrase, since they're not African. In fact, just recently there was a discussion about this on NPR.
You're ridiculous.
Speaking NPR, do you listen to Snap Judgment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Television Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Celebrity Scene (Jul '14) 7 min trying 4
News Hey Jen: Black celebs who deny racism exists ar... 23 min Oh No You Di-nt 24
News Grey's Anatomy is 10 years old! Here are the bi... 2 hr jeronimojackson 1
News Author/Actor Raymond E. Lumsden Gets Thumbs Up ... (Mar '09) 2 hr Ray belongs in hell 1,785
News White House blasts New York Post article on Cli... 2 hr barefoot2626 123
News Researchers discover first fossils of 'weird' c... 7 hr A_Friend 2
News Carlton Gebbia implies Kyle Richards doesn't se... (Mar '14) 11 hr Frank Lee 3
More from around the web